Harvest Moon: The Winds of Anthos (Prerelease Chat)

An open-world Harvest Moon game featuring a large volcano, a pint-sized goddess, and the great Doc Jr. [ Game Guide ] JP release = /shrug. NA release = Sept 2023. EU release = Oct 2023.
Firehawke
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

When I heard that there were leftover preorder plushies, I headed over to the Natsume site. There were only 2 types left...the Sunshine Islands piggie and Ember from Hometown Story. I already have an Ember...so I treated myself to the piggo. And...since I had to create an account...I cancelled my WoA preorder on Amazon and preordered on Natsume for the extra preorder bonus!

So much farming news this week! Hope we get a full trailer for WoA soon!
JustABeautifulGuy
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

https://twitter.com/natsume_inc/status ... Qf73REY0TQ

Trailer this Monday hopefully! Naturally, I’m excited to see if it actually looks good in action as well. I’d love to see more of different locations.
Last edited by JustABeautifulGuy on Jun 03, 2023 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
PaleSunflower
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

A gameplay trailer would be great. I want to see how this game moves. The trailer might show some new characters and animals as well.
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Sooo.... it's Monday evening. Has anyone found out what that Natsume tweet was about? There was a whole lot of nada when I looked, but maybe it wasn't on Twitter? Or maybe they're busy looking at all the stuff about Apple glasses on there today, lol. I was hoping for something.
JustABeautifulGuy
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Kinda weird to tease something for today and then do nothing at all. I was expecting for some more information to come but nothing happened... disappointed a bit tbh. Maybe they did decide to wait a little longer because of the Apple Event taking away all the attention :lol: I think we can expect it to come tomorrow morning instead because they do tend to match the timing with their early morning press releases. And if it is a trailer announcement, they could be busy trying to get some bigger channels on board for it first.
midnighttherabbit
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

I'm kind of fascinated by the way they're running their promo for this game because I swear this isn't the first time they've said they'd release info then gone completely silent...
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

They just tweeted in relation to the Nintendo announcement about Harvest Moon SNES being on Switch online, so maybe that was the surprise? Or maybe something tomorrow, who knows.

JustABeautifulGuy
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

The surprise was definitely HM SNES being on the virtual console. That’s good to hear since this means whatever issues they potentially had with Marvelous and redistribution of HM games on Nintendo platforms are fixed now. This also means we might get HM64, FoMT/MFoMT and GBC games on the virtual consoles in the future as well.

https://twitter.com/natsume_inc/status ... Qf73REY0TQ

Now it makes sense why it took them so long, they were waiting on Nintendo. I was really anticipating the Winds of Anthos trailer, seems like yet another month without anything :shock:
Firehawke
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I was really hoping for a trailer, but this totally works! Fingers crossed for more!
JustABeautifulGuy
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Looks like Numskull Games will be handling the European release this time. I think Rising Star Games usually handled the European releases before this. They’ve published some popular games like the Made in Abyss and Re:Zero ones. Pretty Princess Magical Garden Island which is yet another life farming sim is also being published by them. The release date is slated for 6th October.

Meowie
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

This is disappointing. Even One World's rollout was better with them revealing the bachelor/ettes from time to time. Maybe they think it's too early to tease anything but the game's release isn't that far away either.
Floh
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Meowie wrote: Jun 10, 2023 2:15 pm This is disappointing. Even One World's rollout was better with them revealing the bachelor/ettes from time to time. Maybe they think it's too early to tease anything but the game's release isn't that far away either.
Keeping in mind, they posponed the release to october, we've got plenty of time for that.
Maybe we see some footage at the E3 or some other event.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm not sure they did move the date to October. The release date is confusing. On May 23rd, Natsume made a press release that stated September 26th. Then only two weeks later, Numskull Games (horrible name, makes me dislike them right off the bat, for either calling themselves stupid, or the games stupid, and hence us as well, for buying their stuff) says simply 'October', with no specific date attached. Natsume hasn't seemed to confirm it, and for some reason, no one on the twitter even asked why Numskull was saying October when only two weeks before (exactly 14 days) before, Natsume themselves had just announced September 26th.

Amazon still says September 12th, too, but that was always just a placeholder. Not sure why it hasn't been updated, though. With a press release right there as evidence, it's easy even for a customer to report the incorrect date and point to the correct one.
midnighttherabbit
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

I think October may be the European release date while September is the NA date? It's a little weird to have such a difference between regions nowadays but it does happen I guess...

Also I think even for an October release date, they're cutting it a bit fine. The game was announced six months ago and all they've shown are a handful of screenshots...
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

In theory, the release date in October for Europe could even be as early as October 2, which would place it only 4 business days after the North American release. Numskull didn't specify, so we don't know, but if so, that amount of gap between regional releases is in the normal range. But anyway, it doesn't seem like Natsume has delayed the release...we should still be looking at September 26th as the initial release date. It's easy to get confused with release dates between regions being in different months.

I'd like it if the game would show up on the Nintendo eshop, though. But perhaps they want to wait on listing until they have a video to add? I'm not sure why the listing isn't up yet, now that pre-orders are available. Maybe it pushes the sale of physical copies? But I'm not sure why they'd care to increase that; I think most companies prefer you to buy digital since that has little to no manufacturing cost. I guess there is a special edition, but if people want that, they'd buy it even if the digital version of the game was available, so I'm not sure why we haven't had Anthos added to the 'coming soon' section of the eshop.