New and tentative game announcements (V2)

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

My favorite bit today was about My Time at Sandrock coming to Switch. I wonder what shape it will be in by this summer. I didn't think the PC version was even all finished yet, but I haven't checked in a while. Hopefully it will have less glitches than Portia, but it looks really fun and has more qol stuff from what I have seen.

Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I am ASSUMING Sandrock getting a Switch announcement means a 1.0 release is close. Once we get a release date (rather than release window) I'll check on GOG to see if it has a release date on there. Nintendo has only ever allowed early access for Disney afaik, and GOG doesn't do early access at all, so if we see a date, that means this is it! (Right now GOG still has "soon" as the release date... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )

LOTS of really interesting stuff this direct (I love indie directs they're always so diverse) but Sandrock is my favorite too. SUCH an incredible leap in polish from Portia, if it's half as addictive I'll be set for a long time. Can't wait. :)
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm ONLY interested in Sandrock. Very interested, but it's the only game in the show I'm likely to get. There's a distant chance I'll get Mineko, but probably not. They promised it for so long, before going off the radar for ages, then really no updates...years all together. I just stopped thinking about it and then when it occasionally hove back into view, I wasn't interested any more, I guess.

An interesting mix, though, even if very little of it is something I want to play.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Paleo Pines is finally coming out.

greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Don't know if they will show new farming games, but I'm hoping.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Oh hey, that's tomorrow. I have a lot of appointments tomorrow, but...3PM PT? That means 6PM my time, I believe, so that should be no problem! :) I'd love if they show us a peek at a new SoS (not a remake), though I think it's too soon for that since SoS: AWL isn't even out yet...more likely that they'll show another trailer of that than a new game, I guess. There isn't a lot left that Marv does that I'm interested in, I don't think, but it's worth a gander.
JustABeautifulGuy
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Marvelous starting their own showcases, that's nice. Since it's their first time, they might not announce anything too crazy but they did say "Announcements will include new entries for popular, long-running franchises as well as all-new titles". I hope for some sort of new SoS and RF news naturally. Even a "new Story of Seasons is in development" would suffice :lol:

My predictions on what will show up:
Story of Seasons A Wonderful Life multi platform release for Japan as well
A follow up to the previously teased RF spin off (though I have a feeling Rear Sekai might've been the intended spin off game but Marvelous didn't decide to publish it but who knows, Hakama's website still has an unknown working title on it)
Fashion Dreamers
Cuisineer
Loop8
Trinity Trigger
FarmingForDaysMan
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

JustABeautifulGuy wrote: May 24, 2023 3:57 pm Marvelous starting their own showcases, that's nice. Since it's their first time, they might not announce anything too crazy but they did say "Announcements will include new entries for popular, long-running franchises as well as all-new titles". I hope for some sort of new SoS and RF news naturally. Even a "new Story of Seasons is in development" would suffice :lol:

My predictions on what will show up:
Story of Seasons A Wonderful Life multi platform release for Japan as well
A follow up to the previously teased RF spin off (though I have a feeling Rear Sekai might've been the intended spin off game but Marvelous didn't decide to publish it but who knows, Hakama's website still has an unknown working title on it)
Fashion Dreamers
Cuisineer
Loop8
Trinity Trigger
*pounds fist on a table* Animal Parade. aNimaL pAraDe. ANIMAL PARADE!

Wait, so what happened with Rear Sekai?
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

FarmingForDaysMan wrote: May 24, 2023 5:43 pm *pounds fist on a table* Animal Parade. aNimaL pAraDe. ANIMAL PARADE!

Wait, so what happened with Rear Sekai?
No no no, no more remakes before we get a NEW game. We still have one remake looming over us as we speak...the next one's gotta be new!

Nothing happened to "Rear Sekai", it just hasn't received any updates. Last I knew, the only reveal has been the filled-in silhouettes of the main characters.
FarmingForDaysMan
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh, I totally misread that, sorry :lol: but still, I’d hope that the next remake would be AP. :>

And I see. Yeah, I saw that, too. Maybe we’ll get an update in the near future? There also hasn’t anything new n Professor Layton and the New World of Steam. As a hardcore Flora fan, it’s very disappointing to see that Layton has been working alone ever since Luke left :’D
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

It's possible we'll get some kind of update on Rear Sekai tomorrow. The Layton game is Level 5, I believe, so with it being unconnected to Marvelous, there's no chance it'll be in tomorrow's little event, but there should be an update on that ream of games announced by Level 5 at the Direct before too long. They've got more than one game planned for 2023, so one of them has to come out soonish...there's gotta be more info coming soon! I heard that Fantasy Life i is the one planned for the first release among that lot, but I don't know how reliable that information was.
simside
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

A couple games of interest I didn't think quite fit into the farming game thread, but almost:

https://www.nintendo.com/store/products ... on-switch/ - Fishing Vacation came out today on Switch, which I hadn't heard of before. It has an innocuous description, and looks and sounds like Legend of the River King GB. But the title graphic seems... a little sinister, and it's apparently a humorous horror game. Short (30 min), with three endings, it is also apparently Legend of the River King GB. This is outrageously in my wheelhouse, so I'll probably give it a try.

https://heiden.itch.io/a-heart-of-butterblue - A Heart of Butterblue was an entry in the recent Amare game jam on Itch.io - basically queer or queer-friendly visual novels that the creators had a month to make. This one is also horror themed, but also has some farming and trading elements. Sounds interesting!

Weirdly, Fishing Vacation was also part of a game jam... fishing horror 2020, which I had to look up because that topic is very specific. If you need to play more fishing horror games, here you are! https://itch.io/jam/fish-horror-jam-2020/entries
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I totally forgot it's basically E3 season so there's a ton of new announcements. So far, I'm most excited for this:

I'm a big Akira Toriyama fan and the Sandland oneshot is a favorite of mine. I knew they were working on something Sandland, but I didn't expect more than the already announced movie adaption. The fact that a 20 year old oneshot is getting such a robust video game adaption is kinda mind boggling if I'm being honest - but I'm excited regardless. I'll probably buy this day one.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

The next part of the FFXIV remake, Rebirth, is due out early 2024.

Also, Fae Farm now has a date! Pretty sure that will be of interest to some. It's to be September 8th. Sooner than I thought. September's already loaded for farming/ish games with Sandrock and Anthos and possibly ohters I've forgotten, but ya know what? I don't mind.

Oh, no mention of romantic relationships (marriage, children, etc) in Fae Farm, btw. It mentions fostering relations with townsfolk, but nothing further, so that's still a question mark, I think. New trailer for Fae Farm:

JustABeautifulGuy
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

There are so many games being announced and I just realized it would usually be the E3 season :lol: Can't believe Fae Farm got announced for September as well, we've got one more farming sim for this September. Crazy how we have 3 farming sims coming out on the same month. The oversaturation of cozy farm games is something that a younger me could have never conceived of back when I was first growing obsessed with Harvest Moon. During Summer Fest, they introduced Fae Farm being inspired by farming sim classics such as "Stardew Valley and Animal Crossing" which made me sad realizing how the OG HM seems to have never hit the mainstream audience. It's definitely interesting to see the love letter games becoming the inspiration themselves. It's truly nice to have more abundance of farming sims.

Persona trailers were accidentally leaked before being announced later this month so that's wild too. Did ruin the surprise but I still haven't seen them so I'm really excited for them when they showcase them. This has been an insane year for JRPGS honestly.

The new Final Fantasy looks amazing, the fact its gonna be on 2 discs means its def gonna be a huge game.

Sandland looks really good! I'm still curious how the gameplay will be like. It seems similar to Dragon Quest which I haven't the chance to properly play ever sadly but I wouldn't mind something closer to DB Kakarot as I really enjoyed that game. The graphics for all these newly announced games look really good, I can finally feel the generation jump.

Bushiroad is doing their showcase on July 27th and Rear Sekai seems to be one of the titles they will reveal more about. It's about a month away but I'm curious to see what Hakama has in store for a brand new IP. Naturally, I would love to see more deep social aspects to it, but let's wait and see.