Price

What happened to Murrey!? A remake of Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life (2004) and Harvest Moon: Another Wonderful Life (2005) for Nintendo Switch. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jan 2023. NA release = June 2023. EU release = June 2023.
Mabbie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Some of you may know, but I live in a country where games can be hella expensive. I just saw on Steam that the price at launch will be R$179,99, which may be something around $35 to $40.

Is the price reasonable for you at the location you live (in this economy of ours!?)? I honestly thought it was going to be more expensive, and I'm willing to buy it as soon as it comes out.

edit: just saw that I could pre-order it lol. Bought it. <3
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

For me, in Canada, SoS: AWL is is $69.99. Not cheap, here. Standard AAA games are $79.99 most of the time on the Switch (Tears of the Kingdom is an usual case where the standard copy costs $89.99.) Marvelous isn't really an AAA dev company, but their new games usually do have standard pricing of $79.99, for me.

But remakes and so on are usually cheaper...$39.99 to $59.99, depending. So $69.99 CAD seems a bit expensive, to me, for a remake, but it's still $10 cheaper than a completely new release.

EDIT: $70 CAD translated to $258 Brazilian Real, apparently. Though currency exchange doesn't always reflect value...minimum wage in the two regions is different, so I don't know if it can be looked at directly that way.
Mabbie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote: Jun 02, 2023 9:02 am For me, in Canada, SoS: AWL is is $69.99. Not cheap, here. Standard AAA games are $79.99 most of the time on the Switch (Tears of the Kingdom is an usual case where the standard copy costs $89.99.) Marvelous isn't really an AAA dev company, but their new games usually do have standard pricing of $79.99, for me.

But remakes and so on are usually cheaper...$39.99 to $59.99, depending. So $69.99 CAD seems a bit expensive, to me, for a remake, but it's still $10 cheaper than a completely new release.

EDIT: $70 CAD translated to $258 Brazilian Real, apparently. Though currency exchange doesn't always reflect value...minimum wage in the two regions is different, so I don't know if it can be looked at directly that way.
Hot damn! I'm glad it doesn't cost R$258! LOL. R$179 is expensive enough, thank you very much.

Standard Switch games costs more than R$300, it's a really expensive videogame to have at home. That's why I can only rely on my Steam account for now.

But I really thought that in Canada it would costs much cheaper!.. o.o'
Terdin
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

That kind of price would probably translate to roughly 500 SEK, which would be in the middle-to low range for a physical copy of a game at time of release. I would find it high for a digital-only copy, until I considered how many hours it would keep me occupied.

Here in Sweden it isn't unusual for physical copies of new games to cost 799 SEK or more. The funny thing about it is that new games cost that much 20 years ago too. A used copy might cost 99-399 SEK depending on how common it is. Just to put it in perspective.
Mabbie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Terdin wrote: Jun 02, 2023 1:27 pm That kind of price would probably translate to roughly 500 SEK, which would be in the middle-to low range for a physical copy of a game at time of release. I would find it high for a digital-only copy, until I considered how many hours it would keep me occupied.

Here in Sweden it isn't unusual for physical copies of new games to cost 799 SEK or more. The funny thing about it is that new games cost that much 20 years ago too. A used copy might cost 99-399 SEK depending on how common it is. Just to put it in perspective.
Oh wow, that's a lot!! It makes me so sad when I think about games pricing here in Brazil as well. It is so hard to have many games when they cost so much. :(
Sir Stardust
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

$50 USD for the standard edition it looks like. I think that’s like R$246? $10 cheaper than other Switch games usually are.
Mabbie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Sir Stardust wrote: Jun 05, 2023 2:21 pm $50 USD for the standard edition it looks like. I think that’s like R$246? $10 cheaper than other Switch games usually are.
That is correct. I'm glad it is a little cheaper around here, I don't know if I'd buy it without a sale if it costs more than R$200.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Am I the only one who isn’t seeing SoS AWL in the switch eshop?
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

It's up in the US eShop for me at $49.99. Says there's a preorder bonus Mukumuku outfit. (Hope I spelled that right.) It's in the coming soon section but you can preorder if you so desire.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

greensara wrote: Jun 14, 2023 8:35 am It's up in the US eShop for me at $49.99. Says there's a preorder bonus Mukumuku outfit. (Hope I spelled that right.) It's in the coming soon section but you can preorder if you so desire.
Ooh okay I’ll search for it later
Mabbie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

greensara wrote: Jun 14, 2023 8:35 am It's up in the US eShop for me at $49.99. Says there's a preorder bonus Mukumuku outfit. (Hope I spelled that right.) It's in the coming soon section but you can preorder if you so desire.
I didn't get any bonus preordering it on Steam. :\