The COMPLETE ToTT Ore Stone Resource

Nintendo DS and Nintendo 3DS [ Game Guide ]
Murasaki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

songstorm wrote:I got a diamond by pure random chance. I got an amethyst by smashing an ore stone and resetting (on a cooking festival day) until I finally got what I wanted - probably 15-20 tries. So, yes - you CAN find them in the ore stones.
Oooh! Will try the reset trick with this new pile of 10 ore stones from Raul. Thanks for replying!
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I am not able to make Raul's and Rahi's favorite gift yet, so I give them both amethyst.

Rather than ship an agate, you may want to give those to Sheng. Those are his favorite gifts, which should raise his friendship more.
JoeKool
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Murasaki wrote:So I've used this guide and had some excellent 5-star gems pounded out of ore stones. Every gem except amethyst and diamond. Anyone ever find those gems that Sheng wants from ore stones? Or do I have to wait for my mine to open (in a few years)?

What? You mean an agate or something else. I do what <SongStorm> Does and just keep on smashing and resetting until I get what I want. :) I've gotten plenty of Agates and Pink Diamonds from Doing this. I give my Agates to sheng.(Favorite gift=800 fp).
BlueTrillium
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Nah JoeKool, Murasaki meant the amethyst and diamond that Sheng wants for various tool upgrades, not the agates that he likes as gifts.

But yeah Murasaki, as you already heard from songstorm (and that's why I didn't reply to the question until JoeKool revived it), it is definitely possible to get any gem/ore in the game from the ore stones, including of course amethyst and diamond.

When I needed an amethyst for Sheng's tool request, luckily it was a full-rainy day the day after the request so I didn't care about shop inventory, and I just reloaded and smashed and reloaded again until I got one. ^_^ I lucked out that time - I think it only took like 2 reloads to get what I needed. Not like the 30-some reloads I've occasionally done in the past looking for other stuff (like Mythic Stone, etc)...

-BlueTrillium
songstorm
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

So, this was an interesting experiment. I decided to drop a stack of 6 ore stones and smash them all together, resetting if I got scrap metal...which of course, I got. Over and over and over - I probably reset at least 10 times. Then I tried tossing just one stone and smashed it - got a copper. Dropped the remaining 5, all scrap metal. Reset and smashed three stones individually and got copper, silver, scrap (in that order), at which point I was tired of fussing so I went with it.

It got me wondering though...if you have an X% chance of getting a scrap metal, is that multiplied across how ever many in the stack you're smashing at once? Or has anyone else successfully been able to smash a stack of several stones and get something better than scrap metal?
BlueTrillium
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I know for my part that I've never gotten anything but scrap metal from smashing a stack so I long since stopped trying, and I just smash them individually.

Assuming it's possible at all to get non-scrap from a stack...my current theory is something like this:

Say it's 50% you will get a scrap metal if you smash an individual ore stone. My theory is that in order to drop a stack and have it NOT be all scrap, every single stone in the stack has to "win" the drop lottery and if even one of the tests returns scrap, then the whole stack is scrap.

So let's say you have a small stack, just 2 ore stones. With this theory, the chance of both of them NOT being scrap would be
.5(.5) = .25 = 25% chance of the stack not being scrap (assuming the 50% chance of scrap on each stone).

And you keep multiplying it out for each stone in the stack -- a 4-stone stack would be .5(.5)(.5)(.5) = .0625 = 6.25% of not getting a scrap stack.

Which would mean your odds of getting non-scrap would go down, down, down the bigger the stack got.

I dunno, it's just a theory. ^_^ But yeah, if anybody ever actually got something NOT scrap from smashing a stack, I'd love to hear it. Preferably with a screenshot as evidence. ^_^

-BlueTrillium
Jinx05041
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Wow, really useful. Thanks for this! I never knew about the one in the K-High area!
clefairykid
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

There's some really useful information here, I will have to reread this over and make sure I get my head around everything, especially since it sounds so hard to get what you need out of the few you find.... I think I will give the reloading thing a go since my store inventories are kinda sucky now to start with anyways :P But at the moment, I don't need the gems just the stones and it's been hard enough to get those XP
lolxz
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Thank you, that helped a lot :heart:
Harvester10123
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

o-o i just found 3 ore stones randomly in the crack behind the waterfall. and it wasn't after a typhoon or on a rainy day or anything....wow. :shifty:
Raul's request
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I am in year 5, Winter 5, no request was posted this year! Do some requests stop after so many years? I noticed Mako didn't request a tree harvest in Summer this year also yet he did request in Fall. Glitch?
Cherry Blossom
Disabled: By request

Post  Posted:

It depends if their friendship was high enough.
I think they need about 3 flowers.

If they had 3 flowers, I guess it's just somewhat random?
songstorm
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

If you've gotten the request in previous years but didn't this year, it was probably blocked by an outstanding unfulfilled request.
BlueTrillium
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Right. If Raul/Mako/whomever already have an open request on the board on the day when they'd usually get one of their special one-day requests, then the one-day request won't appear. So if you really want a particular one-day request to show up, do your best to fulfill any other requests for that person the day before the one-day request is scheduled to appear.
UltraHM
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Just upgrade one farm all the way up to the mines. Wait for a rainy/snowy/stormy/festival day and run through them. Youll get
what you need and a lot more.

Save your time.

+Mythic Stones are the rarest, make sure to save at least one.