The COMPLETE ToTT Ore Stone Resource

Nintendo DS and Nintendo 3DS [ Game Guide ]
BlueTrillium
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Really, all I can tell you is to check out that "where can I find ore stones" section in the first post of this thread for all the possible locations you might be able to find ore stones from.

Since you're in Fall, ore stones are a bit harder to find....however, there are usually more rainy days in Fall, which slightly raise the probability of finding an ore stone in the various locations. So on rainy days (or half-day rainy days where the rainy half is the morning) make sure you check in the tunnel and in that foraging crack behind the waterfall in Konohana Mid-Mountain, especially.

-BlueTrillium
Murasaki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Question on combining the ore (or anything) into one stack.

Prior games had a sort feature but I haven't seen anything in ToTT (which messed up star levels but made it easier to fit things in limited storage spaces in the beginning). When I drop things, it separates into star levels. How are you getting the rest of the ore to stack onto the "first" higher level one? I read this entire thread and not quite getting it. =P

ps. Are you the same-name user from gamefaqs - the SI board?
BlueTrillium
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Hi Murasaki! Haven't seen you for awhile! ^_^

Nope, I don't think I've ever posted anything on gamefaqs, though I do go there once in awhile to look stuff up. I post here a lot (though only recently got an account on fogu - previously was a fishy for years), and I use the same username on fanfiction.net and deviantart and a long, long time ago on TSR, but that's about it that I can ever recall.

Anyway - you're right, there is no "sorting" function in your storage. Everything just goes where it goes. That's why you have to kind of juggle items in order to manipulate which stone becomes the base for your ore stones' star-level. Here, I'll explain more:

I think of what's in inventory as a "stack". The "bottom" ore stone on the stack is the first one, that controls the star level of the entire stack. Any new ore stones added on top of that stack take on the star level of the stack.

This works with ore stones because until you smash them, the star level is hidden, so the game stuffs all your ore stones into one stack regardless of their original star level and behind-the-scenes forces all their star levels to be the same. Unfortunately, as far as I know, nothing else has "hidden" star levels like this, so you can't pull this trick with anything else - everything else will still go into separate stacks if it is different star levels and you can't combine them.

So...if you want to change the first ore stone in the stack, you need to get a new stone that you know is good - e.g. the bonus reward ore stone from Sheng's watering/harvesting requests that is guaranteed to be 4-stars. Then place that stone on the ground by itself so its star-level won't be "contaminated" by any stack. Then take out your old existing stack (or stacks, plural, if you have some ore stones in both your rucksack and your cart/storage) and set those on the ground. So now you have 2-3 ore stone icons on the ground - your single good stone, plus the stack(s) of whatever you had in inventory, and you have no ore stones at all still in your inventory.

Now, you pick up your single good stone, and put it in your rucksack or cart/storage. Because you took out your other ore stones first, your new stone is the only ore stone in there, so it will be the "bottom" of whatever stack of ore stones you put in after that, and will force all those stones to match its star-level.

So now you just go pick your old stack(s) of ore stones back up again and plop them in to your rucksack or cart/storage on top of the new stone - make sure you put them in the same place your new ore stone went - and voila! Now all your ore stones have the new star-level.

Did that help clear anything up?

-BlueTrillium
Murasaki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yes! Perfect explanation!

The part that confused me was that it didn't work with anything else. Since I don't have an ore stone yet and didn't know there's no star level on the raw stone. Got it now!

Thank you! This game seems to be actually simpler than the previous HMs with these mechanics and that there's no options available to change things up. So a little more involved/longer lasting Grand Bazaar type of game, with "missions". I like it so far. =)

ps. I kinda pooped out on SI when the glitches made it impossible to get all my recipes and sunstones. That game way too convoluted and having to track everything was getting tiring. =P
Shiroichii
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

BlueTrillium wrote: Since you're in Fall, ore stones are a bit harder to find....however, there are usually more rainy days in Fall, which slightly raise the probability of finding an ore stone in the various locations. So on rainy days (or half-day rainy days where the rainy half is the morning) make sure you check in the tunnel and in that foraging crack behind the waterfall in Konohana Mid-Mountain, especially.

-BlueTrillium
really? no wonder I am having hard times.. -____-
I really have to wait for one more season then..

one more question..
about Raul's request.. how many stars required for the flowers he requests?
BlueTrillium
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

The star level of the flowers Raul requests depends on what year you are in in the game. You need a pretty high request level and probably some friendship with Raul before you will even get the request, so you probably won't see it until Winter Year 2 at the earliest. In Year 2, I think he will require 1.5-star flowers. In Year 3, 2-star flowers, and so on. Basically pay attention to what star-level other people are asking for in their requests that year, because Raul will request the same star-level.

-BlueTrillium
Shiroichii
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I've got the request... It's 1 star.. But sadly I still failed to fulfil it...
He requires 2 of each flowers whil I only keep 1..--"
Oh well I have to rely on my foraging luck..
BlueTrillium
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Hmm...I'm pretty sure I mentioned in my post that he required 2 of each flower, but thanks, I'll edit that to make it clearer.

When he asked for 1-star flowers from you - was that Year 1 or Year 2? If that was Year 2 I will update my star-level requirements too.

-BlueTrillium
MediaKlepto
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

Oh wow, Blue. This is going to help so much when I stop needing ore stones for requests and can/need to start smashing them open for other things. :]

And to think I've been away so long that I didn't even know you'd registered. *weeps*
BlueTrillium
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Hey, long time no see, MediaKlepto! *waves* ^_^

Well, I haven't really been a member all that long, as you can see from my post-count. Haven't even broke 500 yet! ^_^ Ah well, I didn't sign up here for the post count anyhow.

Glad this is useful to you!

-BlueTrillium
Shiroichii
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

BlueTrillium wrote: When he asked for 1-star flowers from you - was that Year 1 or Year 2? If that was Year 2 I will update my star-level requirements too.

-BlueTrillium
It was year 2.I'm pretty sure it was a B-level request.
BlueTrillium
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Interesting...1-star seems a bit low for Year 2, but I could most definitely just be remembering wrong since I'm not in Year 2 yet in my second file. And yeah, B-level request sounds about right. I'll go ahead and update Raul's request in my post. Thanks!

-BlueTrillium
Shiroichii
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

You're welcome, BlueTrill. :)
BlueTrillium
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Updated to emphasize/clarify that you can find ore stones in the tunnel even if it's not completed all the way across yet.

-BlueTrillium
BlueTrillium
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Bumping thread due to there being a lot of ore stone questions lately.