ToTT Festival/Event Dialogue Transcriptions

Nintendo DS and Nintendo 3DS [ Game Guide ]
BlueTrillium
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Haha, oh my goodness, these new additions expanded the tutorials so much I had to split them out again!

Working on it right now...
BlueTrillium
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

~ Tutorial/Intro Events Part 2 ~
So many tutorials.... had to split again! Here's part 2. You can get back to part 1 by clicking here.

Spring 4 - Introducing the Cooking Contests (Kono and Blue):
Spoiler:
Konohana:(so instead of saying her usual goodbye dialog, Ina continues to this)

Ina: Ah, that's right! I need to explain the Cooking Festival to you! Four times a month, Konohana and Bluebell compete to see who has the best cooking. Each villafe has three representatives, and they all cook the same theme. It's a great opportunity to show how superior Konohana is to Bluebell! If you can find the time, I would love for you to enter for Konohana some times. The theme for the next Cooking Festival is salad. To score highly, you should use a lot of high-quality ingredients! But remember, you can't enter a rotten dish! Don't forget!
MC: -lala-
Ina: That's all I have to say. Did you catch all that? If you forget, just take a look at the calendar. Well, I'll be on my way, then. See you later.

Bluebell:
(So instead of saying his usual goodbye dialog, Rutger continues to this)
Rutger: Oh, that's right! I have to explain the Cooking Festival! 4 times a month, Bluebell and Konohana compete in a Cooking Festival. Three contestants from each village make a dish based on a chosen theme. It's our chance to prove that Bluebell's cooking is better than Konohana's! If you can, I'd love you to enter as one of the contestants for our village. By the way, the theme this time is salad. To make a high-scoring dish, make one that uses many fresh ingredients. But watch out, because you can't enter food that is rotten!
Rutger: well now, do you think you can remember all that? If you forget anything, just look at your calendar. Alright, I'll head home now. Good luck with your work!

Thanks to: mivaness_91!
Spring 7, Cooking Festival - Salad tutorial (Kono and Blue)
Spoiler:
Konohana
???: Morning, <name>. I thought I'd drop by.
MC: -?-
Ina: The day of the Cooking Festival is finally here! This is your first time entering, right? I came to bring you the ingredients you need to make today's theme: salad!
MC: -!-
Ina: Now I can give you those ingredients!
*gives cucumber and oil*
Ina: I've got cucumber and oil. With these two ingredients, you can make cucumber namul! You can make it by selecting the ingredients, and then cooking them! I want you to enter today's Cooking Gestival with your cucumber namul! I'm counting on you!

Bluebell
???: Good morning, <name> May I come in?
(Rutger enters)
Rutger: The day of the Cooking Festival is finally here! This is your first time entering, right? I came to bring you the ingredients you'll need to make today's theme: salad!
Rutger: OK, now let me give you those ingredients!
*gives tomato and oil*
Rutger: Here you go! Tomato and oil. With these two ingredients, you can make caprese salad! You can make it by selecting the ingredients, and then cooking them! I want you to enter today's Cooking Festival with your caprese salad! I'm counting on you!

Spring 8 Getting the Cooking Pot (Kono and Blue):
Spoiler:
Konohana
??? <name>, dearie, are you up?

(if you have not met Yun)
???: How very nice to meet you! I'm sorry to barge in first thing in the morning.
Yun: My name is Yun. I run the tea house here in Konohana.
Yun: But enough dilly-dallying...I came to bring you a housewarming present!
(if you have met Yun)
Yun: I'm sorry to barge in on you in the morning, but I have a housewarming gift for you!

Yun: Let's go over to the kitchen.
(goes to kitchen, Yun puts POT)
Yun: This is a pot! There are a lot of recipes that you'll need a pot to make! Using this will let you cook more recipes, dearie! Use it well!
Yun: Well now, do you know how to learn recipes, <name>?

>I already know.
(goes straight to "yep I got it!" reply)

>Tell me!
My my, I see. Then I'll explain it to you, dearie. [*]There are two ways you can learn a recipe. The first is by reading a cookbook and following the instructions. If you make the dish correctly, you'll learn the recipe! The second is by thinking up a new recipe after you've been inspired! If you cook a lot of dishes, sometimes you'll think of a new recipe! Even when you want to make a lot of the same dish, you should make them one by one! That way, you'll have more opportunities to get inspired!
MC: *nods
Yun: So, that's how you learn recipes! Do you understand, dearie?

>Explain it again.
Yun: Well, bless your heart! Let me explain it again, then. (goes back to [*])

>Yep, I got it!
Yun: -lala- Why, of course you do, <name>! You can also get a frying pan and a spice rack! I'll put up a notice on the message board when you can get those. Why, you should use your new pot to make a simple dish... How about a boiled egg? My my, it's time I was going! Come and see me at the tea house any time!

Bluebell
???: Oh, <name>! Are you awake?

(if you have not met Howard)
???: It's a pleasure to meet you! Sorry to bother you this early in the morning!
Howard: My name is Howard! I run a cafe here in Bluebell!
Howard: I came to bring you a housewarming present!
(if you have met Howard)
Howard: Sorry to bother you, but I've come to bring you a housewarming present!

Howard: Let's head into the kitchen...
(in the kitchen, Howard puts pot)
Howard: This is a pot! There are a lot of recipes that you'll need a pot to make! Using this will really widen your repertoire of recipes, <name>! Make sure you make good use of it!
Howard: Also, do you know how to learn recipes, <name>?

>I already know.
(goes straight to "Yep, I got it!" reply)

>Tell me!
Howard: All right, then! Let me explain it to you!
[*]There are two ways you can learn a recipe. The first is by reading a cookbook and following the instructions. If you make the dish correctly, you'll learn the recipe! The second is by thinking up a new recipe after you've been inspired! If you cook a lot of dishes, sometimes you'll think of a new recipe! Even when you want to make a lot of the same dish, you should make them one by one! That way, you'll have more opportunities to get inspired!
MC: *nods*
Howard: So that's how you learn recipes! Do you understand?

>Explain it again.
Howard: All right, let me explain it again, then...
(goes back to [*])

>Yep, I go it!
Howard: -lala- Fabulous! I knew you would, <name>. You can also get a frying pan and a spice rack! I'll put up a notice on the message board when you can get those! Let's see... Why don't you use your new pot to make me some hot milk? Well, I'll be on my way! Stop by the cafe sometime, <name>!

Spring 13, Cooking Festival - Soup Tutorial (Kono and Blue):
Spoiler:
Konohana
Ina: The day of the Cooking Festival is finally here! This is your first time entering one with a soup theme, right? I came to bring you the ingredients you'll need to make your soup!
*gives chamomile and onion*
Ina: I've got chamomile and onion for you. If you put the chamomile and onion in your pot, you can make herb soup! You can make it by selecting the ingredients, and then cooking them! I want you to enter today's Cooking Gestival with your herb soup! I'm counting on you!

Bluebell
???: Good morning, <name>. May I come in?
(Rutger enters)
Rutger: The day of the Cooking Festival is finally here! This is your first time entering one with a soup theme, right? I came to bring you the ingredients you'll need to make your soup!
*gives chamomile and onion*
Rutger: Here you go! Chamomile and onion. If you put the chamomile and onion in your pot, you can make herb soup! You can make it by selecting the ingredients, and then cooking them! I want you to enter today's Cooking Festival with your herb soup! I'm counting on you!

Spring 20, Cooking Contest - Main Dish tutorial (Kono and Blue):
Spoiler:
Konohana
Ina: The day of the Cooking Festival is finally here! This is your first time entering one with a main dish theme, right? I came to bring you the ingredients you'll need to make your main dish!
*gives flour & oil*
Ina: I've got flour and oil for you. If you the flour and oil in your pot, you can make spaghetti! You can make it by selecting the ingredients, and then cooking them! I want you to enter today's Cooking Festival with your spaghetti! I'm counting on you!

Bluebell
(Rutger enters)
Rutger: The day of the Cooking Festival is finally here! This is your first time entering one with a main dish theme, right? I came to bring you the ingredients you'll need to make your main dish!
*gives flour and oil*
Rutger: Here you go! Flour and oil! If you put the flour and oil in your pot, you can make spaghetti! You can make it by selecting the ingredients, and then cooking them! I want you to enter today's Cooking Festival with your spaghetti! I'm counting on you!

Spring 29, Cooking Contest - Dessert Tutorial (Kono and Blue):
Spoiler:
Konohana
Ina: The day of the Cooking Festival is finally here! This is your first time entering one with a dessert theme, right? I came to bring you the ingredients you'll need to make your dessert!
*gives milk and egg*
Ina: I've got milk and an egg for you. If you put the milk and egg in your pot, you can make pudding! You can make it by selecting the ingredients, and then cooking them! I want you to enter today's Cooking Festival with your pudding!
Ina: You're a pretty good cook now, <name>. So I won't be bringing you ingredients anymore. Your farm has to supply them now! But don't worry! I know you can do it! I'm counting on you!

Bluebell
(Rutger enters)
Rutger: The day of the Cooking Festival is finally here! This is your first time entering one with a dessert theme, right? I came to bring you the ingredients you'll need to make your dessert!
*gives milk and egg*
Rutger: Here you go! Milk and an egg! If you put the milk and egg in your pot, you can make pudding! You can make it by selecting the ingredients, and then cooking them! I want you to enter today's Cooking Festival with your pudding!
Rutger: You're a pretty good cook now, <name>! So I won't be bringing you ingredients for the Cooking Festival anymore. You'll have to get the ingredients from your farm from now on! But don't worry! I know you can do it! I'm counting on you!

Live in Konohana, buying chicken for the first time:
Spoiler:
(MC and Jessica in the chicken barn)
Jessica: Do you know how to take care of chickens?

>No, I don't know how.
Jessica: Well then, I'll explain everything you need to know! First, let me tell you how to feed them. On sunny days, just let them outside and they will peck around the ground for food. Pick up the chicken inside the barn, take it out to the fenced area, and let it go. When night comes, make sure you put your chickens back in the barn! One thing you have to be careful of when setting them out to feed is the weather. Don't put your chickens out when the weather is bad. If you put chickens out to feed on a rainy day, they will get stressed. Even on sunny mornings, the day can turn rainy in the afternoon, so be careful. On days when your chickens stay indoors, feed them with chicken feed. *arrow at feeding area* Toss out the chicken feed in the feeding area and your chickens will flock to eat! One unit of chicken feed is a meal for five chickens. One feeding area can hold ten meals worth of chicken feed. As for the chicken feed... you can keep it in storage... *arrows at chute* It will come out of the fodder chute! It's convenient to buy feed and put it in your storage. Now I'll talk about the health of your animals. You have to feed them once a day. And you should talk to your animals. If you don't feed or talk to them for several days, they will become stressed... And then they'll get sick. If they get sick, give them animal medicine right away. If you don't treat a sick animal, it will die. Don't be careless and let that happen! Your animals depend on you! But no matter how well you take care of your animals, they won't live forever.
Jessica: If you raise chicks, they will grow into chickens and lay eggs! The quality of eggs chickens lay will improve if you talk to them every day. This chick is still a baby, but in a little while she'll grow into a fine chicken. A way to make your animals happier is to give them treats. You can only give each animal one treat per day. Different animals have their own favorite treats. Give them that treat every day. If you do, you'll raise your friendship level quickly!
Jessica: -lala- Oh my, I almost forgot something important! She's just a chick now, but when she's fully grown, she can have chicks! Bring the chicken to my shop and leave her for two weeks to hatch chicks. And only healthy chickens can hatch chicks. That's all you need to know about chickens! -->

>Yes, I know how.
Jessica: You're so capable, <name>! Oh my, I almost forgot something important! These chicks, when they grow up into chickens, can hatch more chicks! If you want your chickens to hatch chicks, come see me. Keep in mind that only healthy adult chickens can hatch chicks. -->

-->
Jessica: I'll be heading home now.

Live in Konohana, buying calf for the first time:
Spoiler:
(MC and Jessica in Cow barn)
Jessica: Do you know how to take care of cows?

>No, I don't know how.
Jessica: Well then, I'll explain everything you need to know! First let me tell you how to pasture your livestock. On days with good weather, put them out to pasture to graze on the grass. Get next to your cow, and then push it in the direction you want it to go. That way you can lead it out of the barn. When night comes, be sure to bring your livestock back into the barn. One thing you have to be careful about when psturing is the weather. Don't put your animals out to pasture when the weather is bad. If you put cows out to pasture on a rainy day, they will get stressed. Even on sunny mornings, the day can turn rainy in the afternoon, so be careful. On days when your cows stay indoors, feed them with fodder. *arrow at feeding box* Just throw the fodder into the feed box. Then all the cows will come and eat from it. One unit of fodder feeds five cows, and one feed box can hold enough for 10. And about the fodder... you can keep it in storage... *arrow at chute* It will come out of the fodder chute...You can buy fodder at my shop, so come buy more if you run out. Now I'll talk about the health of your livestock. You have to feed them once a day. And you should talk to your animals. If you don't feed or talk to them for several days, they will get stressed... And then they'll get sick. If they get sick, give them animal medicine right away. If you don't treat a sick animal, it will die. Don't be careless and let that happen! Your animals depend on you! But no matter how well you take care of your animals, they won't live forever.
Jessica: When a calf grows up to be a cow, you can milk it. The quality of milk a cow gives will improve if you raise your friendship. This calf is still a baby, but in a little while she'll grow up to be a fine cow. A way to make your livestock happier is to give them treats. You can only give animal one treat per day. Different animals have their own favorite treats. Give them that treat every day. If you do, you'll raise your friendship quickly!
Jessica: Oh that's right, I need to give you this...
*gives milker*
Jessica: This is a milker. When your calves grow up, you can use this to milk them. Use it well!
*gives brush
Jessica: Here's a brush. When your cows get dirty, use this to brush them and get them clean. If you let your cows stay dirty, they will get sick. Brush them every day. Take good care of your cows!
Jessica: Oh my, I almost forgot something important! She may be young now, but when she grows up, she can have babies of her own! Just bring her to my shop and leave her with me for two weeks for that. Remember that only healthy animals can have babies, though. I also can't take animals that are dirty, so clean her up before you bring her.

>Yes, I know how.
Jessica: You're so capable, <name>! Well now, I need to give you this...
*gives milker*
Jessica: This is a milker. When your calves grow up, you can use this to milk them. Use it well!
*gives brush
Jessica: Here's a brush. When your cows get dirty, use this to brush them and get them clean. If you let your cows stay dirty, they will get sick. Brush them every day. Take good care of your cows!

Live in Konohana, buying sheep for the first time:
Spoiler:
(MC and Jessica in the barn)
Jessica: Do you know how to take care of sheep?

>No, I don't know how.
Jessica: Well then, I'll explain. Taking care of sheep is like taking care of cows. On days when the weather is good, put them out to pasture to graze. On bad weather days, don't pasture your sheep. Instead, feed them with fodder.
Jessica: When lambs grow into adult sheep, you can shear them to get wool. The quality of wool sheep uield will improve if you raise your friendship. This lamb is still a baby, but in a little while she'll grow up to be a fine sheep.
Jessica: Oh, that's right, I need to give you this
*gives clippers*
Jessica: These are clippers. Once your lamb grows up, use these to shear her for wool. Take good care of your sheep!
Jessica: Oh my, I almost forgot something important! She may be young now, but when she grows up, she can have babies of her own! Just bring her to my shop and leave her with me for two weeks for that. Remember that only healthy animals can have babies, I also can't take animals that are dirty, so clean her up before you brign her.
JEssica: I'll be heading home now.

>Yes, I know how.
Jessica: You're so capable, <name>! Well now, I need to give you this...
*gives clipper*
Jessica: These are clippers. Once your lamb grows up, use these to shear her for wool. Take good care of your sheep!

Konohana, buy the owl from Kana:
Spoiler:
(at Kana's shop, choose to buy pets)
Kana: You're lucky. I have a rare animal available today. (shows list - choose Owl)
Kana: That'll be 10,000G. (buy Owl)
Kana: Alright, then. It needs a good name. What do you want to call it? (name animal)
Kana: Is <petname> OK? (Yes!)
Kana: That's a great name! Now I'll tell you how to take care of an owl. You feed owl food to your owl. Just put the food on the ground, and... ...your owl will come to you and eat it. You can buy Owl Food at Raul's or Diego's shop. That's pretty much all you need to know. Oh, one more thing. Train your owl, and... ...it'll take you from the mountaintop down to either town. Isn't that awesome? I'm sure you'll find it super handy. Make the most of it! Thank you very much! Take good care of it.

Summer 1, Year 1, Fishing Rod Tutorial (Kono and Blue):
Spoiler:
Konohana
???: Good morning, <name>.
Ina: Sorry to bother you so early in the morning. Today marks your first summer in this town. And summer means one thing: fishing. That's why I wanted to give you this. It's fishing rod.
*gives fishing rod*
Ina: Now, do you know how to use a fishing rod?

>Yes, I do.
Ina: -lala- I hope you enjoy fishing, then!

> No, I don't.
Ina: I'll tell you, then. You can fish at the various docks around here. You can find the docks...
(shows Konohana Mid S dock)
Ina: ...on the mountain! Just stand on the dock with your fishing rod, then press the A Button to cast! The fish will move closer and closer to your lure... ... And then they'll bite! When that happens, press the A Button as fast as you can to reel the fish in! The kinds of fish you can catch vary by season and location.
(back to house)
Ina: And that's how you fish. Do you understand?
Ina: I hope you enjoy fishing, then!

Bluebell
(Rutger enters)
Rutger: How are things going? Today begins your first summer here! And summer means fishing! That's why I came here! To give you this! It's a fishing rod!
*gives fishing rod*
Rutger: Do you know how to use a fishing rod?

>No, I don't.
Rutger: I see! Well, let me teach you! You can fish at the various docks around here. You can find the docks...
(shows Bluebell High dock)
Rutger: ...on the mountain! Just stand on the dock with your fishing rod, then press the A Button to cast! The fish will move closer and closer to your lure... ... And then they'll bite! When that happens, press the A Button as fast as you can to reel the fish in! The kinds of fish you can catch vary by season and location.
(back to house)
Rutger: And that's basically how you fish! Do you think you've got it?
Rutger: Then use this rod well!

>Yes, I do.
Rutger: -lala- Then use this rod well!

Spring 10 - Bluebell Crop Tutorial:
Spoiler:
???: Good morning, <name>. May I come inside?
(Rutger enters)
Rutger: How are you doing today?
Rutger: I'm going to teach you how to grow crops today. Do you know how to gropw crops, <name>?

>I don't know how.
Rutger: In that case, I'll teach you! Come, follow me.
(walks outside, goes to the right side of the house)
Rutger: There, this looks like a good spot. The steps to growing crops are: clearing, tilling, sowing, and watering. Here, let me give you this.
*gives sickle*
Rutger: This is a sickle. You use it to cut grass and clear an area for tilling. Try it out... *arrow points at grass* Clear the grass with your sickle where the arrow is pointing. There are two ways to equip your sickle. Either move the sickle in your bag to where it says "Equip"... ...or use the R Button to bring up the equip screen, then select the sickle! After you equip your sickle, go where the pointing arrow is and push the A Button. And that's how you clear grass!
(MC clears grass)
Rutger: That's the way to do it! Looks like you got it! Next, I'll give you this.
*gives hoe*
Rutger: It's a hoe. You can use this to till where you've cleared the grass. Try it! Use the hoe where you just cleared the grass. You use the hoe the same way you use the sickle.
(MC tills soil)
Rutger: Great! You look like a natural! Let me give you these next!
*gives seeds*
Rutger: These are turnip seeds. Sow them on the ground you just tilled. Just equip the seeds, then sow them.
(MC sow seeds)
Rutger: There you go! That's how you sow! Now for the last step.
*gives watering can*
Rutger: This is a watering can. You use it to water your crops. Fill the watering can with water from the well near your fields. *arrow points at watering source* That's your well. Equip the watering can, then push the A Button near the well to fill it up. Once your watering can is full, use the A Button to water the seeds. Give it a try.
(MC fills watering can and waters the seed)
Rutger: Ho ho ho! What wonderful watering! And that's the basics of how you grow crops.

(Shows 4 different crop appearances.)
Rutger: *arrow at sprout* If you water them every day, they'll start to sprout. But if you forget to water them, even for a single day... *arrow at dry crop* ...your crops will dry out! That's a sign that your crops need watering! If you continue to neglect your crops... *arrow at dead crop* ...they'll eventually die! Be careful! Once they get like this, it's too late to water them... Use your sickle to clear dead crops. You can then plant new seeds. *arrow at ripe crop* When watered properly, a turnip will grow to look like this. Now you can harvest it! To harvest a crop, just stand near it and press the A Button! However, some crops are harvested using your sickle. Examples of such crops are wheat and soybeans.

(back at the small field by the house)
Rutger: Here's some advice: water your crops early in the morning. That way, by the evening, your crops will be dry again. Then you can water your crops a second time, and they'll grow even faster!
Rutger: Now then, let's go back inside.

(Inside the house)
Rutger: Oh, one more thing about growing crops... You can tell the quality of your crops by the amount of yellow stars they have. To improve the quality of your crops, use fertilizer. Apply fertilizer to tilled ground, and you'll raise the quality of nearby crops! To use fertilizer, equip it, just like your sickle or hoe. Be sure to apply fertilizer while your crops are growing, or it won't work.
*gives fertilizer*
Rutger: Here's some fertilizer. You should try it out later. Put your best effort into growing crops!

>I know how.
Rutger: Oh, you do? Good! In that case, I'll give you your tools.
*gives sickle*
Rutger: Here's your sickle. You'll need it for clearing grass.
*gives hoe*
Rutger: Here's your hoe. You'll need it to till your fields.
*gives watering can*
Rutger: Here's your watering can. You'll need it to water your crops.
*gives fertilizer*
Rutger: Here's some fertilizer. Use it on tilled fields to raise the quality of crops planted around it. Well, have fun farming!

Spring 12 - Tool Upgrade Tutorial (Blue):
Spoiler:
???: You awake, <name>?

(if you have not met Sheng)
???: I hate to pester you so early in the morning... ...But Mayor Ina told me that a new farmer had come to town.
Sheng: I'm the black smith of Konohana. The name's Sheng. You're impressed, eh?
MC: -lala- -...-
Sheng: What?! My outfit's weird?! So you're mocking pandas?! I won't stand for that!!! ...*cough* Easy, Sheng, easy... Can't let this cub rile me... I came to say hello and tell you about a note regarding a hammer that I posted.
(if you have met Sheng)
Sheng: I hate to pester you so early in the morning... ...But I'm here today to tell you about a note about a hammer that I posted.

Sheng: A hammer is just the thing to break rocks and pound tilled fields back down! Every farmer needs a hammer! So check out my note on the Konohana message board!
Sheng: Listen up! I'm gonna teach you something you'll wanna know! It'll make your farm work go real easy. It's called an upgrade. Do you want me to explain all about upgrades? Do ya?

>No thanks.
Sheng: No, eh? Well, in that case, I'll be about my business. See you later.
(Sheng leaves)

>Please explain.
Sheng: Great, then I'll teach you! Now, both villages farm with sickles, hoes, and watering cans used for generations. With these tools, they made the wilderness into productive farmland!
Sheng: But they've been in use for so long that they've gotten all rusty. A master blacksmith like me can tune them up to work better than ever, y'see... You're just a cub brand new to farming, <name>... Even if I upgrade your tools now, you won't be able to make full use of 'em. But when the time comes and you're ready, I'll do it. I'll post a note on the Konohana message board then, so keep an eye out.
Sheng: I figure you'll be needing those upgrades in due time.
(Sheng leaves)

Spring 16 - Bluebell Trench Tutorial:
Spoiler:
???: Good morning, <name>. May I come inside?
(Rutger enters)
Rutger: Is your work on the farm going smoothly? Today, my young friend, I'm going to teach you about irrigation trenches. Do you know about trenches?

>Yes, I already know.
Rutger: -lala- Oh, you do? I'm glad to hear it! In that case, please go ahead and grow some crops!
(Rutger leaves)

>No, please teach me.
Rutger: Very well, I'll explain!
[*]An irrigation trench is a continuous line of tilled squares. It's easiest to just show you an example.
(shows a trench)
Rutger: Here we are! An irrigation trench! When you grow crops in a trench, you can water and fertilize them all at once. Handy, right? Trenches are very easy to make. While you're tilling with the hoe, keep the +Control Pad pressed in a direction! Then press the A Button over each new square you step on. Each new square you till will be added to the trench. But you do have to watch out for one thing... Trenches must be in one unbroken line... In other words, you can't branch trenches or connect them up to each other. If you make a mistake digging a trench, there's only one way to fix it... ...And that's by hammering the ground flat and trying again. *arrow points at two ends of the trench* So to make a trench like this, you'd till in a line from one arrow to the other. But... if you leave a tilled square untended for a week... ...The trench will disappear at that spot! If that breaks a long trench in the middle, too bad! It can't be fixed. That's why you need to be careful.

(back in house)
Rutger: That's what you need to know about irrigation trenches. Would you like me to explain it one more time?

>Please explain it again!
Rutger: Very well! I'll explain one more time.
(goes back to [*])

>No thanks, I got it!
Rutger: -lala- In that case, please go ahead and grow some crops!
(Rutger leaves)

Spring 23 Year 1, Moving Villages Tutorial (Kono and Blue):
Spoiler:
Konohana
???: Good morning, <name>.
Ina: How do you like it here? Isn't Konohana wonderful? Now, I'm sure you have no desire to leave our fine town... ...But I've come here today to tell you about moving. Do you know how to move, <name>?

>Yes, I do.
(same answer as "That's OK, I got it!")

>No, I don't.
Ina: Well, let me explain, then!
[*]You can move to Bluebell between the 23rd and 30th of any season. If you decide to move, you'll start living in Bluebell from that day on. Just go to Town Hall on the 23rd to the 30th of any season if you want to move. Town Hall is the biggest building in town, so it should be easy to find.
*MC nods*
Ina: It'll take about a day to get everything ready to move. So make sure to tie up any loose ends the day before.
Ina: Well, that's basically all you need to know about moving... Do you want to hear the explanation again?

>Please explain again.
Ina: All right, let me explain it again.
(go to [*])

>That's OK, I got it!
Ina: -lala- I see. Well, if you want to move, just come to Town Hall. Of course, our village is much better, so I'm sure you'll stay here anyway!

Bluebell
(Rutger enters)
Rutger: How do you like living here? Bluebell is a wonderful town, isn't it? Nevertheless, I've come here today to tell you about moving. I know you have no desire to leave Bluebell, but I figure I'll explain it anyway! Do you know how to move, <name>?

>Yes, I do.
(same response as "That Ok, I got it!")

>No, I don't.
Rutger: Well then, let me explain!
[*]You can move to Konohana between the 23rd and 30th of any season. If you decide to move, you'll start living in Konohana from that day on. Just go to Town Hall on the 23rd to the 30th of any season if you want to move. Town Hall is the biggest building in town, so you can't miss it!
Rutger: You can keep on using the fields here even if you move to Konohana. But the barn there is a lot smaller... So if you have a lot of animals, you can't take them all with you. I'll ask a friend of mine to take care of them for you. That way, you won't have to worry about them getting sick. But we can't give them back to you until you move back to Bluebell.
Rutger: It'll take about a day to get everything ready to move. So make sure to tie up any loose ends the day before.
Rutger: Well, that's bascially all you need to know about moving... Do you want to hear the explanation again?

>Please explain again.
Rutger: All right, let me explain it again.
(goes back to [*])

>That's OK, I got it!
Rutger: -lala- So just come to Town Hall if you want to move. Actually, Town Hall isn't open today, so you'll have to come tomorrow... Of course, our village is wonderful, so I'm sure you'll stay here anyway!

Last edited by BlueTrillium on Aug 07, 2012 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlueTrillium
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Whew! *wipes sweat from brow* Well, it will acquire more organization as we go on, but at least now I have all the tutorial info up, including all the new info from mivaness! Thanks mivaness for all your hard work writing these down!!
mivaness_91
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I need a finger massage! :p haha.. you're welcome Blue :) I'm happy to help you with your noble deed. I'm trying to think if there's any tutorial that I miss because if not, then I'll just play my 2nd slot as a normal game and then slowly get missing dialogs/events for you.. Not to mention HG's Dum-Da-Da-DAA's.. (I'm still living in Konohana, I just went through a save-skipping sleep for Bluebell's tutorial which I was able to do with the spare time that I had..)
Angelic
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

Daw~

The City Doctor (random event)
Spoiler:
Hiro: It is a formidable challenge to be a doctor... I erred again today...
*Ying approaches and notices Hiro*
Ying: -?- *She hides behind a tree*
Hiro: I have the utmost respect for my father, who became a doctor for my mother's sake... I wish to become a doctor of his caliber...
Ying: -...- *Goes up to Hiro*
Hiro: Ying... What brings you here today?
Ying: I... I think you can become a great doctor, Hiro...
Hiro: -...-
Ying: *moves closer* Once... I went to see a doctor about my condition in the city... He was so kind... And he looked just like you...
Hiro: -!- Really...?
Ying: So, that's why I think...
Yun: Ying, dear! It's dinner time! *Yun approaches the two* So this where you've been! It's time to eat, dearie, so let's go on home!
Hiro: We should speak again on another occasion, Ying.
Ying: -lala- *She leaves with Yun*
Hiro: He looked just like me...? Could my father have been Ying's doctor...? -...- It had to be him... Well, I can't give up now! I have to treat Ying exactly as my father did! -lala-
So cute -w-
BlueTrillium
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Aww. ^_^ Thanks Angelic. Added!
mivaness_91
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Found another Cooking Fest bickering :)
Spoiler:
(Bluebell won)
Rutger: You lost, and we weren't even trying very hard... How embarrassing...
Ina: What did you just say?
Rutger: I guess your village just isn't that talented...
Ina: Say what you will...
Rutger: Humiliating, isn't it? Ha ha ha ha!
Ina: ...but we'll win the next Cooking Festival!
Rutger: I'd like to see you try! Ha ha ha ha!
(both angry mark)
BlueTrillium
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

LOL, Hahahaha, these snarky dialogues for the cooking contest are awesome. Makes me regret ever bothering to open the tunnel. Too bad the later dialogues aren't as interesting. ^_^
BlueTrillium
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Added Hiro's moving dialogue (Kono to Blue), thanks to Allethia!
mivaness_91
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Cooking festival bickering. This one is already 3 - 5.99 hearts. It's interesting that in one event, I didn't reach 3 hearts yet so the opening was still a 0 - 2.99 one.. but then when I won, the ending bickering was already a 3 hearts dialog. Idk.. just thought I'd share, since I find it interesting..
Spoiler:
(Konohana won)
Ina: My village won!
Rutger: How... How did we lose?
Ina: Sounds like you have a complaint there...
Rutger: I know... The Gourmet is always right. I'll trust his judgment. This was our loss.
Ina: You're taking this all much better than I expected...
Rutger: Of course I'm angry, but I can't let my village see it.
Ina: I see. Then I won't say anything more. I look forward to next time.
Rutger: Just wait and see. We'll win next time!
(both -...-)

(Konohana won)
Ina: We did it! We won!
Rutger: I don't understand why we lost...
Ina: Don't complain. Just accept your defeat.
Rutger: This is so humiliating...
Ina: I'm sure it is. Just the thought of your positions being reversed makes me shudder... All you can do is use it as a motivation to improve.
Rutger: That's true. You're right. We'll do better next time!
Ina: So will we.
(both -...-)

Angling Contest:
Spoiler:
-Talk to Ina in front of Town Hall with no fishing rod.
Ina: Today's the Angling Contest. Equip a fishing rod if you want to compete.

-Talk to Ina in front of Town Hall with fishing rod.
Ina: Today's the Angling Contest. Do you want to participate?

>I'm not ready yet.
Well, whenever you're ready, come talk to me.

>Let's start.
Let's get started, then!

(At mountain top)
Character: Ina, Nori, Rahi, MC, Hiro, Mako, Gombe, Sheng, Kana.
Ina: Today is the Angling Contest. Let's see some astoundingly big fish, folks! Now let me explain the rules. There is a time limit of 2 hours. Whoever catches the biggest fish during that time wins! Now then, let's get started!

(Konohana Mid bridge)
Ina: Is everyone ready? Go!
[MC fishes]
Ina: Time! Good job, everybody. Now let's tally the results!

(Mountain top)
Ina: How do you think you did, everyone? The winner caught a really big one, let me tell you! Anyway, let's announce the winners now.

-if lost
In third place! With a catch of [54]cm... [Hiro]! In second place! With a catch of [81]cm... [Nori]! Finally, in first place! The winner is... With a whopping [89]cm fish... [Sheng]! Congratulations, [Sheng]! You don't see a fish that size very often! Let's all give [Sheng] a big round of applause!!

-no win yet
BlueTrillium
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

These are added now. Thanks mivaness! And yeah, I've had that happen too, where they started out in one heart level range at the start of the contest and ended up at a different one. I think they apply the heart gauge increases as soon as the result of the contest is chosen by Pierre, even though you haven't seen the updated gauge from the HG yet.
mivaness_91
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

This is Ash's purple flower event's negative response..
Spoiler:
Ash: -panick drop- You too, <name>?
Cheryl: Grr... I'm playing with my brother today! Not you!
Ash: (looks back and forth between MC and Cheryl) -sweatdrop-
MC & Cheryl -angy mark
(MC pulls Ash to her, Cheryl pulls back Ash to her side)
Ash: -panickdrop- Hey, hold on! Oh man! Stop it!
MC & Cheryl: -!-
Ash: -Scribbles- Sorry, <name>. I guess I have to go play with Cheryl today. We'll take a raincheck, okay? I'm really sorry.
Cheryl: -lala- Yay! <3 Let's go!
Ash: Okay, okay...
*Ash and Cheryl walks away
MC: -sweatdrop-
And this is Cam's purple negative reply
Spoiler:
Cam: -...- Um, do you eat flowers...? Well, there are such things as edible flowers... However, these flowers here aren't edible, so I wouldn't recommend eating them... -scribbles- Anyway, I'm feeling a little tired, so I'm gonna go home. See you later.
Oh and I found a couple of more first time description I forgot to list::
Spoiler:
"This is the guest book. use the guest book if you want to stay the night in the Town Hall
"This is where you check your cart stats. You can also switch carts here. However, you cannot switch carts if your current cart has more things in it than will fit in the cart you want to switch to."
"If you have an owl, you can call it from here."
BlueTrillium
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Thanks, mivaness - I've added these, plus the Kana owl tutorial from the other thread, here now. ^_^
mivaness_91
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

BUMP and stuffs!
Took me a while to get some events to get this thread up there..

Mikhail's purple flower event:
Spoiler:
*at the spring
Mikhail: -...- The air is so clear and pure around this spring. The chirp of crickets, the song of birds...Listen to nature's symphony. This would be a wonderful spot for some violin music, don't you think?

> You don't have to play.
Mikhail: -scribbles- So you don't want to hear me play? Is that what you're saying? That...saddens me deeply. Have you no appreciation for music at all? Well, I should go. Perhaps someday you'll be able to understand my music.
*Mikhail leaves.*

>Would you please play?
Mikhail: I wouldn't deny the request of a lovely lady like yourself.
*Mikhail plays EPIC violin music*
(fade to black)

*back at the spring*
Mikhail: Ah, the air has a unique quality here. It gives my violin a richer sound. Did you enjoy hearing me play?
Mikhail: Wonderful. I hoped you would. Anyway, the hour is growing late. Perhaps we should call it a day. I quite enjoyed spending time with you, though. We should do this again soon.
*Mikhail leaves.*
Since I went through a crop festival and (surprisingly) won with my 0.5 star carrot, I checked it with yours and saw that you're missing just this one line from Ina:

I hope you'll keep on growing great crops! I look forward to next time!

She says this after giving whatever prize you win..

Well, that's it really.. didn't have much to add, but hopefully ppl can see this thread exists and maybe offers help :)
BlueTrillium
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Thank you very much, mivaness! I've added that info.

*hugs* Thanks so much for helping to keep this thread alive. I do have a couple backups that I save to add in case this thread hits the ninth day or so, but your help saves me from having to use them so far. ^_^ Still, I don't want you to stress too much so I wanted to let you know that I do have somewhat of a safety net, just in case.