Club Nintendo shutting down :c

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.

Do you use Club Nintendo?

You may select 1 option

View results

Domineam
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I debated putting this in Back Fence but it's more gaming related so ?

Is anybody else bummed that they're shutting down Club Nintendo? Apparently they are coming out with a new program to replace it but it's hard to imagine how it will be different. And I feel like they will do away with physical prizes because they were already winding down with them and going digital (with the exception of the physical prizes that were just put up). But I am impressed with the amount of prizes & games they've put up for their "finale", as it were.

http://club2.nintendo.com/program-notice/

So, have you guys used CN? I think it's a cool idea because it's a nice little bonus if you are into Nintendo games! c:

And for those of you who don't & have any extra codes, I will trade you many hugs wink wink c;
Last edited by Domineam on Feb 04, 2015 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yeah, i'm sad to see it go. I have a few of the physical rewards lying around the house.

I had 300 coins so I got HarmoKnight, and then I saw they had Sakura Samurai for 200. Slightly kicking myself, but its not a big deal.
HarvestMoonGoddess01
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

I thought about it but never used it... Now I guess I won't be able to.
Domineam
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

HarvestMoonGoddess01 wrote:I thought about it but never used it... Now I guess I won't be able to.
You can actually still join until March 31st if you want to redeem codes before they shut down. c:

Here is all of the info w/dates; http://club2.nintendo.com/program-notice/ (I'll add this to the OP actually)

@Bluie; Oh I've heard it's good (HarmoKnight), there are a lot of good games. What I'm really interested in is one of the poster sets but I only have about 300 coins. I'm going to wait, and if I can't get enough then I will decide on a game before they shut down. c; I'm kind of crazy about posters, I already have two sets from them. ;-;
ivanity
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

I'm sad it is shutting down but also excited to see what they replace it with

now I just need to get 50 coins so I can get the prize I want D:
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm sad it's shutting down, but it's good since I'm excited by what they're going to replace it with and I was able to get Dr. Luigi and Golden Sun because of it. My boyfriend just needs 20 more coins into our account and he'll be able to get New Super Mario Bros. 2, Dr. Luigi and Yoshi's Island.
samurai goroh
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I read this news like a week ago and my first though was that there was no more rewards for the costumers (like Nintendo having an economical crisis and shooting down this program). Then I read that there's going to be a new program (and a free game - Flipnote Studio 3D -), so not everything was bad news.

I have 190 points, so I'm 10 points shy from rewards of 200, so I'll likely won't be able to spend them all, but lets see what I can get with the points (site is in maintenance right now)...
Soni12
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

At first I was bummed, but not so much anymore. I'm hoping they'll come out with a better rewards system and more physical prizes. The platinum/gold awards last year were terrible... I'm glad I got Earthbound, but seriously? Downloadables only? Pretty lame.
LeBurns
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

No I never used it, so I guess I won't miss it. Heck it wasn't until recently that I actually used the eshop for something.

I wonder if it's going to end up like XBox and PS where you just about have to join their new 'club' to use their systems. It wouldn't bother me I suppose and there are some advantages to it maybe, like having a game library in a cloud, stuff like that they could add.

But I'm still the kind of person that likes to play alone and just buy a game, sit down and play it without the world needing to know about it. But I know the whole gaming world is moving away from that. Everything has got to be connected somehow these days.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Just a PSA for all who are looking for a few extra coins, Rusty's Real Deal, Pokemon Bank, and Steel Diver Sub Wars are all free to download and they give you 5 coins each for the first initial survey and then 5 for the post play.

There are a couple free WiiU games as well that do the same.
ivanity
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Bluie wrote:Just a PSA for all who are looking for a few extra coins, Rusty's Real Deal, Pokemon Bank, and Steel Diver Sub Wars are all free to download and they give you 5 coins each for the first initial survey and then 5 for the post play.

There are a couple free WiiU games as well that do the same.
omg thank you
Domineam
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

LeBurns wrote:No I never used it, so I guess I won't miss it. Heck it wasn't until recently that I actually used the eshop for something.

I wonder if it's going to end up like XBox and PS where you just about have to join their new 'club' to use their systems. It wouldn't bother me I suppose and there are some advantages to it maybe, like having a game library in a cloud, stuff like that they could add.

But I'm still the kind of person that likes to play alone and just buy a game, sit down and play it without the world needing to know about it. But I know the whole gaming world is moving away from that. Everything has got to be connected somehow these days.
I hope not. I am like you, and CN has never been very social in any way (basically just redeem codes for prizes) so I hope they don't replace it with something mandatory that is.

@Bluie; Thank you for the tip! I'll be sure to download those when I get home. c:
Sirhc
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I was able to pick up the downloadable codes for both Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Kid Icarus: Uprising, and the Animal Crossing deck of cards.

If any of you guys know any Gamestop/EB games employees, you can try to snag a few codes if they are close enough to you.
Cimorene
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I only signed up last year because of those awesome game card cases. Before then, the rewards were never worth the bother of registering.
Last edited by Cimorene on Feb 06, 2015 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pen
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Domineam wrote:I'm kind of crazy about posters, I already have two sets from them. ;-;
Don't feel bad, I have 4 sets. *pats back* They're just so beautiful~

I'm a little bummed about it shutting down, but I'm more bummed that I can't log on because of the heavy traffic. I have a few codes left to enter and I want to know which prizes I can get. *eyes the AC cards*