Pregnancy

SNES, HM64, BTN, STH, A Wonderful Life, Another Wonderful Life, AWL:SE, Magical Melody, Puzzle de HM, Tree of Tranquility, Animal Parade, Frantic Farming, Hero of Leaf Valley, My Little Shop, Seeds of Memories, Lil' Farmers, Light of Hope, Popolocrois: SoS, and Doraemon: SoS.
shygamrgrrl
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

So I've gotten back to this game after a couple of months away and I would like to know how to trigger the pregnancy event. I've just married Popuri. I've read guides but they seem to be contradictory in nature. Some say talk to her everyday, others say give her gifts. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

By giving gifts and talking they actually mean keeping their love points high, after a few months of that, they'll be pregnant.
shygamrgrrl
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

So will talking alone do it or do I need to also give her gifts?
Thundawave
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Just give her gifts to maintain her happiness. And like other HM games she will get pregnant on her own. I've read that you can speed up the process if you give her a gift for 30 consecutive days. When she's close to pregnancy her dialogue will change a bit. She will say shes Hungry or isn't feeling well. When your wife tells you shes sick you can ignore the situation and one day your wife will tell you she has lost her energy. She will then tell you she is pregnant the next day ( I heard this causes her to lose affection points). OR When she tells you shes sick you can go to the clinic and get the doctor.

So Roughly:
-Marriage-
(30 Days Later)
-Dialogue changes to "Im not feeling well" or "Im Hungry" more often
-She Gets very "ill"
~Option 1- Ignore the news and lose affection points
~Option 2- Go find the doctor
-Pregnant-
shygamrgrrl
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Ok. Thank you very much for that. I'll start gifting her spa boiled eggs again until she pops. I'm kinda excited. This is my first HM marriage and pregnancy.
Thundawave
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

You're welcome!~

BTN is one of the root games for the series. That being saidi, ts a simple farm life. Everything should be pretty straight forward and not too overly complicated.

I'm glad you're enjoying the game! Be sure to keep us posted and see if you can prove or bust the 30 day gifting controversy. :) Who did you end up marrying? Are you ready for family life?!? Haha
shygamrgrrl
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

We got married on the 6 of Summer I think it was but I didn't find out about the gift giving thing until the last week of the season. So I'm either going to find out on the 6, give or take, or the end of fall. I can't wait. I've started giving her honey. It just seemed easier and it seems to get the same reaction.
And I agree with it being one of the most basic ones of the series. But to me, it makes it more enjoyable for me. I've had it since late September and I absolutely love. There is not stress with it unlike recent additions to the series. It's just basic farming.
shygamrgrrl
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Ok. I've collated the data and am ready to present my findings to you fine people. The facts are that Popuri and I married on the 6th of Summer. It was an absolutely beautiful summer's day, the villagers attended and birds were chirping. I talked to her everyday afterwards. I'm quite smitten with my new bride, you see. Then around the 23 day of Summer, I stumble across a scientific study that stated I couldn't get her pregnant unless I gave her gifts so I started gifting her honey everyday, upset at myself for not realising sooner. I really wanted to have a child with her. So the pregnancy announcement, I figured, would happen about 30 days after I started giving her gifts so about the 23rd of Autumn. I got to the 6th, then decided to skip ahead a few days, just talking and no gifting. On the morning of the 8th of Autumn, she said she wasn't feeling very well. As the dutiful husband I am, I rushed off to the doctors office but she had already beaten me to it. It was confirmed, she was pregnant. About 32 days after our wedding.
TL:DR I would like to say the gift giving myth is a bust. As long as you talk to your wife every day, she should be pregnant within a month, give or take. But that's just my opinion.
Thundawave
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

This is fantastic news!
Congratulations on your pregnancy and I wish you both happiness as you journey further in life together!~

Thank you for reporting your findings as they are greatly appreciated! Now we know you don't have to over do it with affection. Just simple love and attention will make your wife happy!
Soapylion
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Congrats!! Yeah I feel like there are a load of myths with the older HM games. Thank you for putting this one to rest, heh.

I guess it came about because you probably just need to keep your wife at high affection for ~1 month, and giving her a gift every day would ensure that. I hope Popuri's pregnancy goes smoothly!~
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Well, yeah, talking raises love points, and if you already maxed them... then they simply prevent them from going down (as in, you're not ignoring your wife).

Giving gifts is more or less the same as talking (by the time you maxed the points).
shygamrgrrl
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

You are all very welcome. I'm just pleased I could be of some help.
raulkantor
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
I have been plagued with that crushing doubt for about a month or two.
Yours was the only conclusive answer I found throughout the whole world wide web.
So no gifts are required, just talk to her everyday.
And I've looked as far as I could, in places I have never imagined returning to (like the 3rd page on a Google search!!)
Best Regards,
A very thankful player.