Harvest Moon: Skytree Village Q&A topic

Restore the powers of the seven magical Skytrees to revitalize the valley and entice the villagers to move back to the local town. [ Game Guide ] JP release = None. NA release = Nov 2016. EU release = Jun 2017.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

[quote="Murasaki"]The recipes are kinda messed up too. Some are request rewards, sometime you just get the food (Elise's requests) which can be given for another request.

Then there's some that's not even in the game tho they ask for it. Watermelon gazpacho?

Anyway, can't remember where I got my recipe - probably from Bastian's earlier requests.[/quote]

I have the recipe for Watermelon Gazpacho. I don't remember exactly how I got it since I don't do a lot of cooking, but I saw the recipe on my cooking list while I was looking through it (most likely for the Cooking Fest). What I do remember doing before I got the recipe was Elise's Summer request where she asks you for ingredients so she can make gazpacho. I think I did the Gazpacho request 2 or 3 (?) times before realizing I got the recipe. Hope that helps. :)
Murasaki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:How many house upgrades do you need to get married and how many of a candidates requests do you need to do to marry them?
You'll need the largest house and large dining table. I think that was it.

I married Dean with like 6 or 7 requests done. They need to show 100% on the Villagers List and seen all their cutscenes.
irulethegalaxy
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:
Murasaki wrote:The recipes are kinda messed up too. Some are request rewards, sometime you just get the food (Elise's requests) which can be given for another request.

Then there's some that's not even in the game tho they ask for it. Watermelon gazpacho?

Anyway, can't remember where I got my recipe - probably from Bastian's earlier requests.
I have the recipe for Watermelon Gazpacho. I don't remember exactly how I got it since I don't do a lot of cooking, but I saw the recipe on my cooking list while I was looking through it (most likely for the Cooking Fest). What I do remember doing before I got the recipe was Elise's Summer request where she asks you for ingredients so she can make gazpacho. I think I did the Gazpacho request 2 or 3 (?) times before realizing I got the recipe. Hope that helps. :)
The watermelon gazpacho recipe was part of the patch, I believe. It was definitely missing from the recipe list (along with the basic gazpacho) before then.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Can anyone tell me what Gabriel's romantic events are? I just got the one where you pass out in town, is there any more or is that it?
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Ceecee just confirmed on the Natsume forums that a patch to modify the weather system is in the works~
Murasaki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Funny she replied to my weather rant there. =P
OctavieKnite88
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Ignore this post, I had questions about the game, but realized that there's a walkthrough on the fogu site. My apologies
WhiteArrowCat
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

OctavieKnite88 wrote:Considering the new DLC, I'm thinking of trying to give this game another try instead of just talking about how much I hate it willy nilly

I'm only at Spring 25th in my first year...so I want to ascertain a few things and have some questions for anyone who feels up to answering:

1: Is it true you have to beat the game completely to get married?

2: How many mutations for crops do I have to do to beat the game and how do I get them?

3: Do I need any animals besides a cow and sheep?

4: How difficult are house upgrades to get?

5: What are the requirements for marriage?

6: Are there any characters I can ignore in terms of requests? In other words, what requests are linked to the story?
Just beat the game so I'll try and answer some of these to the best of my ability.

1. Yes, you do, you can't continue to do requests past 4 until you beat the main story, I had Dean at 85% and didn't get the talk with the Harvest Goddess until after I beat the story.

2. You don't need any as far as I remember.. I could be forgetting something but I am terrible with mutations and I don't remember ever having to store anything for the main story, anything I needed I was able to obtain, the story is very easy and it seemed impossible to not be able to get something for it. (OH! But do as many corn mutations as soon as you can if you want to marry Dean or Gabe! They both ask for them, I made a huge mistake with not getting enough to unlock seeds and now have to wait for Yellow corn for Dean and Fodder corn for Gabe)

3. If you want to do Melanie's requests to get clothes and I think one of Doc's? Then you will need the Poitou donkey for sure. I never needed chickens though, I'm in year 2 and just got chickens and still don't have a need for them.

4. Not very difficult in my opinion, I got the first one super easy, second one I got the materials for right away after the first upgrade, they are expensive though.

5. As far as I know, but I am not married yet, you need to see all the candidates scenes, two friendship and three romance ones? (Someone correct me if I am wrong please) get a bigger house, bed and table and have at least 70% friendship.

6. I ignored everyone except Dean, Gabe and Melanie :lol: and I could have ignored them too so yeah pretty sure you can ignore whoever you want and it will not affect the main story.

Hopefully I answered these well enough, let me know if you have any other questions or need more details than I gave!
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

To be fair, the story is rather short. One year tops.

And it is impossible to stray away from it or get lost in term of requests.

You can, however, ignore it all you want. Little Timmy fell down the well? No rush, he can survive there a month or two.
OctavieKnite88
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Can I get great strawberries outside of Spring? I'm in fall and I've been trying to grow great strawberries for the jam.
Also, my cow isn't giving me milk anymore. She has no stress, is clean, full, not pregnant. It's already 2 p.m and I even checked to make sure the milker is in my bag...
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Any plant can grow in any season.

Animals must be feed before they can be "harvested". Keep in mind that they will go after the feeds in order (the first animal in the list will go after the first feed you put down and so on), and they will only finish eating with the hour.

So, if Bessie starts eating at 7:55, she will be done exactly at 8:00. If Petunia starts eating at 8:01, then she won't be done eating until 9:00.

You can speed up them the process of them walking to eat by accessing the save menu, or by looking at the animal book in the barn. When you exit out of those menus they all will be facing their correspondent feed.
Murasaki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

But the crop will Only turn great during their ideal season. Strawberry is Spring. User regular fertilizer and make sure the soil is the one they like.
OctavieKnite88
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Murasaki wrote:But the crop will Only turn great during their ideal season. Strawberry is Spring. User regular fertilizer and make sure the soil is the one they like.
I really wish the game had specified that it was great jam they needed before I sold my great strawberries to buy the cow....now I get to sleep through even more of the game. Sleeping simulator...my favorite.
At least my cow doesn't seem to be broken at the moment. It was odd because I had watched her eat before trying to milk her, and even after then she wasn't giving milk. So I didn't feed her the day after, and the day after that she went back to normal
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

No need to sleep the year to get greats. Just find something else to do with the rest of the year.
OctavieKnite88
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

After painstakingly beating the main story I decided to use cheats to see what all of the crops are, because I’ll never find them myself. This definitely isn’t the full list because it doesn’t have all of the fruits like apples or oranges (the cheat gave great apples and I’ve seen peaches and oranges mentioned so I included them) but I was wondering who I should submit the list to?

I’ll put it in spoilers here just in case
Spoiler:
1. Cabbage
2. Great Cabbage
3. Red Cabbage
4. Great Red Cabbage
5. Huge Cabbage
6. Great Huge Cabbage
7. Green Cabbage
8. Great Green Cabbage
9. Dome Cabbage
10. Great Dome Cabbage