It's a Wonderful Life glitch

SNES, HM64, BTN, STH, A Wonderful Life, Another Wonderful Life, AWL:SE, Magical Melody, Puzzle de HM, Tree of Tranquility, Animal Parade, Frantic Farming, Hero of Leaf Valley, My Little Shop, Seeds of Memories, Lil' Farmers, Light of Hope, Popolocrois: SoS, and Doraemon: SoS.
vegetarian
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I ordered a male cow and received a bull instead! Has anyone else experienced this glitch?
FaerieFarm
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

Ummm...it's a male so you're gonna get a bull. If you wanna get real technical, buying a female cow doesn't get you a cow, you get an immature heifer instead. But this is Natsume we're talking about: the same people who call grain "good fodder" instead and cause all sorts of confusion.
Celestrian
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I never realized Good Fodder was grain all these years. Haha
Robinstar
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I a little bit want to believe this is a joke or something...

I... I'm sorry, but females are cows and breedable males are bulls. They're not separate species. All the same cattle. And it is not a glitch.
And like that other person said, the female isn't even considered a cow until she's had a baby in real life. And since the bull isn't actually breedable when you get it, there's actually a couple of things it could be called, but they don't call the cow anything different in the game, so might as well do the same for the young bull.

Never realized that about the "good fodder" though. XD
ChaosAzerothCat
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Robinstar wrote:I a little bit want to believe this is a joke or something...

I... I'm sorry, but females are cows and breedable males are bulls. They're not separate species. All the same cattle. And it is not a glitch.
And like that other person said, the female isn't even considered a cow until she's had a baby in real life. And since the bull isn't actually breedable when you get it, there's actually a couple of things it could be called, but they don't call the cow anything different in the game, so might as well do the same for the young bull.

Never realized that about the "good fodder" though. XD
Somehow despite people saying that your cows couldn't live off of it mine did because of that confusion. Gen3 trees leave you a lot of money to screw around. Wish I'd have known though! :lol:
vegetarian
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Wouldn't it be impossible to breed without a male cow? Unless this is one of those games that does interspecial breeding. What's a heifer?
LillianDulcia
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

vegetarian wrote:Wouldn't it be impossible to breed without a male cow? Unless this is one of those games that does interspecial breeding. What's a heifer?
Bull = male cow. Heifer = female cow who hasn't given birth.
FoolishGhoul
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

There's also no male chickens >:C
Robinstar
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Pfft, yeah, really. What's with all these roosters instead of male chickens?

Seriously though. vegetarian. My comment (and everyone else's, really) explained the whole thing if you would read it. Bulls. Are. Male. Cows. Same species. Same exact species.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

[quote="LillianDulcia"][quote="vegetarian"]Wouldn't it be impossible to breed without a male cow? Unless this is one of those games that does interspecial breeding. What's a heifer?[/quote]

Bull = male cow. Heifer = female cow who hasn't given birth.[/quote]

I thought a heifer was a neutered bull. Then again, I don't know bovine terminology.

...Good fodder is grain? That makes sense.
Pumpkin Queen
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

A neutered bull would be a steer.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Reminds me of that Back at the Barnyard episode where Otis disguises himself as a bull to help the farmer impress a girl.