Providing a Welcoming Forum: A Subject Concerning ALL

For comments about the UNoT website and its player guides.
YourConscienceIHope
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Let me start with, do not be fooled by my lack of ranking, I have been coming onto the fogu site and forum for many, many years. I originally started looking for a site when seeking insight on HM64 which my mom got for me brand new. That was almost 20 years ago. I didn't really start exploring the forums until a couple years later, but it was nice knowing there was a community that had such love for a series that completely altered my perception of what a game was/could be. I have the most fun reading what other people think and trying to see their points of view.

What I absolutely do NOT like is just how unwelcoming and snide so many of you can be, especially the high ranked snobs (not all of you, but come on, you know who these people are when you see them post). Sometimes people are new and don't know the rules. Maybe they're just looking for a quick answer or just trying to get a feel for what this site is and what the people are about. Please stop ostracizing and berating people simply because they didn't know any better. For all you know, you're making a 12 year old that's bullied all day take that extra step toward depression or suicide. Stop posting threads just to talk to your little friends and completely ignore the person making a legitimate post regarding the topic and then really have the audacity to « Baaaa *glomp* » someone else out for doing it one time. Stop treating someone that uses emulators like a leper. I know it's frowned upon, just say that and ask them politely to refrain from speaking of it if it offends your precious eyes so very much. This may come as a shock, but some people are not financially stable or are just generally poor, but they still enjoy leisurely activities. Crazy, right?

My ultimate point is, I expect better from you all (since you act so uptight and generally prudish). At the very LEAST be courteous. There's literally no reason not to be. And for you high rankers, know that I do appreciate your fastidiousness nd generally good-natured ways, but for « Snuggly Bunny » sake cut the always utterly obvious newbies some slack and maybe grow the community rather than kill it. Obviously, this is my opinion and merely what I have witnessed over several years, so feel free to hate me for it or whatever. I'm an adult and have no reason to take someone that I don't even know seriously and vice versa, but please, take my notion of being a bit more courteous and welcoming to heart.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I've visited quite a few forums and this is honestly the friendliest one I've ever been on.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:I've visited quite a few forums and this is honestly the friendliest one I've ever been on.
I’m with kikki on this :)
Ponyxskye
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

What are you talking about?Pretty much everyone on this site is so nice and friendly.Especially compared to other places on the internet. :?
Madame Madie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

The only time users become "snide" is when people don't read the rules.
https://fogu.com/hmforum/faq.php
Read the rules, don't bump topics that have been inactive for a long time, and don't ask for people to play your game for you.

Emulators aren't discussed because they're illegal in the country the site is hosted in, and could get the site admin in trouble. There's plenty of places to get emulator help, that a quick google would get you to.