Rune Factory 5 Official Discussion Thread v1

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Aww, I couldn’t bring myself to play as Lest but maybe I’ll play as Ares just for that moment :3
Better yet make the other MC a character and marriageable. Lol
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

You can date Lucy as Alice if you don't want to play as Ares. I assume the dialogue is the same, though I'm not sure if they did different versions for each of the two MCs. I'm curious about that. I can't imagine Alice saying this to one of the guys. But if she's dating Lucy, would she say it? Or will she say what she'd say to one of the guys? Or did they write specific dialogue for Alice dating each of the girls, and vice-versa?
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Oh I know you can totally go down the SSM road, however it’s the way I am I guess. I personally can’t bring myself to go after a girl as a girl somehow my brain doesn’t work that way. Even in a video game. Lol
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I don't want to go for any of the girls, but if I was going to, I'd do it as Alice. I'd much rather date a girl as a girl than be a guy, lol. I really can't accept playing a male character in a life sim. 100% deal-breaker. I saw a game I was interested in a while back that only has the option of playing as a guy, so I deleted it from my wishlist because my interest was completely wiped out by that. Even if I were romantically interested in girls, I really wouldn't want to play as a male character to do it, even if it were the only option...I'd rather opt out of dating than play as a guy. It's one factor I'm totally inflexible on. (Which is funny, because I prefer playing as a male character in JRPGs/adventure games. But in life sims, the player character is my representative, doing what *I* want...and I want to be female.)

I'd love to know if there are dialogue differences depending on what gender you're playing (other than pronouns).
LeBurns
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Well I finally broke down this weekend and got the game pre-ordered at GameStop (regular edition).

Now I have to decide if I search the web and spoil myself silly (which I usually do) or try to go into the game with as little info as possible.

Also have to decide if I still want to use my Switch Lite. I like that it's portable, and I have no use at all for TV hookup, but dang my old eyes are really struggling with the text on some of the Switch games using the lite. I think when they make the games they are often assuming it's being played on the TV and thus make the text too small to read on a Switch Lite (at least for me anyway). Had a real issue with some text on FE3H where I had to pull out a magnifier to read some text.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

LeBurns wrote:Well I finally broke down this weekend and got the game pre-ordered at GameStop (regular edition).

Now I have to decide if I search the web and spoil myself silly (which I usually do) or try to go into the game with as little info as possible.

Also have to decide if I still want to use my Switch Lite. I like that it's portable, and I have no use at all for TV hookup, but dang my old eyes are really struggling with the text on some of the Switch games using the lite. I think when they make the games they are often assuming it's being played on the TV and thus make the text too small to read on a Switch Lite (at least for me anyway). Had a real issue with some text on FE3H where I had to pull out a magnifier to read some text.
I personally like my switch lite. It’s easier for me to use. My eyesight isn’t great either, but it’s doable. If I have to I just take a screenshot and go to my album and zoom in. Besides. You can zoom in your screen by hitting the home button twice
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Xseed is ramping things up and on top of a couple other posts about the website, have posted bachelor and bachelorette trailers:
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Remind me to be careful around the succubus, she feeds off anything love related lol
Kross lover/fan
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Hmmm it might just be me but most of the male bachelor VA sounds off to me. Like the voices don’t match the appearance imo. The only ones that I think are a better fit are Lucas and Ryker. Reinhard’s okay. Maybe it’s just me tho :/
However, on the woman’s side most of them sounds good…except I find Priscilla’s….annoying ^^’

Maybe my opinion will change once I hear everything in person for myself. Video audio isn’t always completely the same as when you hear it from the actual game (if that makes sense)

Anyway I think I know who I’m most interested in atm :)
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Martin had my favourite voice before this, but now I like Ryker's more. I wonder if I'm remembering the Japanese voice rather than English? (I still like Martin's, but Ryker's is better, to my taste. I haven't heard yet if dual audio is going to be a feature in RF5.) Murakumo's is great, but I have no interest in him. I can't decide about Reinhard. His voice was so priggish during his first line in that video, I wanted to smack him. But then in the next line, it wasn't annoying any more. Martin still looks like my favourite. I didn't like some of the personality revelations for Ryker, but I can't tell what I'll think of him when I'm actually playing. Also not sure about Reinhard. (The other three were never contenders, for me.) Their events and dialogue are going to be crucial.

EDIT: Ugh; pre-orders are up now, but I'm a bit disappointed. I thought the extra costumes for the candidates were included for free as a pre-order bonus, but no, digital buyers get diddly-squat as an incentive. (Not clear on if North American physical buyers get pre-order bonuses or not, though.) They're charging $10 extra for a 'digital deluxe' edition that includes only those few changes of clothes. Big 'no' from me.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

My eshop says that RF5 digital deluxe edition is $69.99 while the standard is $59.99

Idk I might cough up that $70 + tax
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yeah, as I mentioned, that's $10 for the costumes, since that's all the digital deluxe version has over the regular version. Funny that the price increase is the same for both currencies, but I guess there's not enough difference between them to matter on ten bucks. (CAD price for the base game is $74.99 and for the 'deluxe' is $84.99.)
Kross lover/fan
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Why would anyone pay an extra 10 any currency just for a few in game outfits?! That’s ridiculous to me. $2 dollars maybe. 3 is pushing it but still within reason. Even if the outfits gave you extra buffs or something, I’d say that price is a no-go. (Those willing to pay, I hope those outfits make your character like outright invincible or something lol).
iloverainbow
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

I just pre-ordered the Deluxe Edition on the eShop! Probably gonna get the physical copy of the standard edition as well for collection when the price drops after a few months.

I think the $10 additional outfits is alright in my opinion. It's kind of my way to support XSEED for including the s/s marriage in the game and I want the release to be successful so that we could get more RF games in the future.

Can't wait to play the game!
Autumn_Song
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I still have yet to preorder. I'm moving in early March and don't have an address yet. There's a Target about a mile away that I could walk to to pick it up, but would they hold it till March 23rd if for some reason I'm in work all day on the 22nd? I'm doing on the job training that week so my hours are gonna be odd... :shock: but if they're able to hold it in an emergency, then I could preorder it there and pick it up. Otherwise I'm gonna have to wait till I have an address. Yes I could go digital, but I prefer physical. And the Earthmate edition looks so nice... :shifty: