Rune Factory 5 Official Discussion Thread v1

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Thanks for the warning. Though I’m still on Lucy’s first event so I can’t trigger Martin’s second event anyway.
Anna_Lynn
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

Uhh, Martin's last event ends at 5am, or 6am? I only ask since if the event ends at 5am, you can just go to bed to get full recovery. I would know since I often make my character stay awake into the wee hours of the morning, lol!

I'll be sure to keep some cold medicine and food just in case for when I want to trigger his last event then! I plan on saving his for last since he's the one I'll probably marry first.
simside
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Oof, thanks for the info on Martin's event. So far, I haven't run into very many things I needed to look up or guide (notably, just the Wanted Monsters - I have no patience for searching for them), but the romance events are the only ones I wish I had a little more foreknowledge of. I actually do like the way you trigger them, and the frequency, but I would rather know in advance if it's going to mess up my schedule. -_-;

RE: time played - I tend to do everything all the time, so I'm at around 50-60 hours played and halfway through summer, and somewhere between the beginning and middle of act two. I usually put around 150+ hours into these. Mostly I'm interested in farming, so I tend to stop playing once I've run out of farming goals. Usually I make the plot stretch until I'm pretty satisfied with my farm, so I don't put a ton of time in postgame. I'm wondering how it will balance in this game?

Was just complaining a bit in the backlog thread, but I've been having trouble with the RNG on the mineral spawns, particularly silver. I've had access to it for a while, and I've run across it in several dungeons, but when I tried to pause the plot and try to level crafting/farm tools, I haven't been able to get any to spawn again in any of the dungeons I've been to. I've been checking about half the layouts of a handful of them for about a week, and haven't gotten any.
Spoiler:
I'm pretty sure I had several silver spawns together in the first room of the Bandit's hideout, but I also tried Gadeus Grassland and Crystal Caverns and maybe one or two more. Every day. Nothing. I just cleared the Ruins Depths, but didn't get anything but gem spawns there.
Simply Unknown
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Anna_Lynn wrote:Uhh, Martin's last event ends at 5am, or 6am? I only ask since if the event ends at 5am, you can just go to bed to get full recovery. I would know since I often make my character stay awake into the wee hours of the morning, lol!

I'll be sure to keep some cold medicine and food just in case for when I want to trigger his last event then! I plan on saving his for last since he's the one I'll probably marry first.
It ended at 5 AM for me, but I dropped a save and triggered it in the early afternoon so I don't know if doing it later affects things. Also, by the time I made it back to my house, it was already 6 AM. Probably should have teleported. Oh well.
Shortybread
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Hi, guys!
I just started playing RF5 a couple days ago, and I'm LOVING it so far. So excited to get further in the story and meet all of the characters. :lol: I did want to ask about Romance Events though, so I hope you guys won't mind me butting in to ask a newbie question but ... are there supposed to be ... so many? After playing RF4 I got used to there being a few days between each town event, but so far (I'm only mid-spring atm) after the first one, it seems like as soon as I finish one, I can go straight into another the same day. Obviously, each one takes anywhere from 1 to 3-ish days, depending, but it feels like a lot all at once. I've already done one for Martin, Murakumo, and started Priscilla's, and I think I may have done one of the :!: ones as well that aren't classified as romance events. And it's only the 17th!

Should I try to hold off and avoid them, or does it not really matter? I still have no clue who I'm gonna marry, so I don't know which events to prioritize, plus I don't want to barrel through all the events too quickly. It's a bit overwhelming. :shock:
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

That’s up to you. If you want to wait, then wait. If you want to see everything asap there’s nothing wrong with it. It’s based on your personal play style.
LeBurns
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I feel like I've pretty much ruined my game with the Royal Curry feature (Google if you want to know). It allowed me to upgrade the Smithy and buy some gear that basically turned me into a demi-« Harvest Goddess ». I'm one-hitting everything and jumped from level 40 to 70. Just finished Act I.

My own fault, but clearly I messed up the proper progression the game is suppose to have. I mean there's a reason you can't get Silver until Act II.

At this point I'm just seriously considering restarting. Lesson learned I guess.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Darroch just gave me an 'Autumn Hammer' with an attack of +1320. :shock: :shock: :shock:

I gave him a few piddly staffs (staves?) that I made myself, the BEST one with an attack of +50, which is pretty much the right level of weapon for my current place in the game. My level 1 plant sword is slightly stronger than I should have right now, honestly, at an attack of +215.

Uh, I guess I can just cruise through ALL the rest of the dungeons, lol. I do hate hammers as a weapon because they're so slow, but this'll one-shot just about every enemy, I think. Definitely can't use it while trying to tame anything!
Mothership
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Oww, my money! Started a guy file and I guess I was a bit careless in the ice dungeon. Died twice before I got to the boss. Oops. Really, tho, the fees the Clinic charges are ridiculously high, imo.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Royal Curry feature??? I gotta look this up. I seriously don’t think you can ruin a game.

Ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh yeah you can do whatever you want LeBurns buuuuuutttttt I’m sooooooo doing that omg lol
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

There's no need to refer to it in code, unless you like doing so...we've been talking about the 'Royal Curry trick' for a while already, though more spelled-out, before. Also known as the Elsje exploit.

It's very simple, but it's also risky and RNG, cuz Elsje has multiple items she can throw out, and if they hit you (like they are SUPPOSED to, in order to heal you) they are consumed, and you can't sell them. By pure chance, the first time I ever had Elsje in my party, she threw out a Royal Curry and I happened to be running for my life from half a dozen griffins at the time, lol, so her curry missed me, and by chance I ran right over top of it in my rapid retreat from the area. Had no idea I'd picked up a royal curry until I got home and was about to ship any unshipped items from my inventory to boost up my rating. Half a million on the spot? Worth endanging my life over in that case. Though later I tried to replicate it, and I've never succeeded since then, and I believe I've died twice, trying to get another royal curry.

I knew about the trick in advance, but I hadn't actually been trying to trigger it...I just got lucky that first time. I've had Elsje with me many times since then and she takes a long time to throw an item (you have to be on the verge of death, ime) and once she hit me with whatever it was, and the next time, it was pancakes, which are only worth about 3000. Still a nice small chunk, but nothing to die for. (But I did. Die for it, I mean. Stupid griffins.)
LeBurns
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Shan O 123 wrote:Royal Curry feature??? I gotta look this up. I seriously don’t think you can ruin a game.

Ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh yeah you can do whatever you want LeBurns buuuuuutttttt I’m sooooooo doing that omg lol
She liked me enough to travel with, but if not there's a badge you can wear that will make her go with you. I just went into the first woods, to the first wooly's. They couldn't even hurt me so I ate a couple ruined dishes I made beforehand to 'injure' myself. I just kept my eye on her and watch for her to toss something my way, just dodge it and pick it up. First thing was the RC. Went back the next day and did it again. Then again about a week later. Since I'm considering this my 'test' run of the game anyway, learning the features and such (I've sure messed up a lot learning) I figure I'll go through with it. Next run I'll leave it alone though.
Celestrian
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I really wish there was new game plus but I guess it's not that hard to get through the game. I'll probably do two new files then beat the story in both and save them into multiple files so I can marry everyone in the game and unlock the cutscenes. I don't look forward to marrying Ludmilla. I saw a regular town event with her and it lowered my opinion of her. Lol
LeBurns
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I don't know if anyone else is getting tired of this, but I really wish there was a way to turn off some of the dating options. No issue with SS couples, but now instead of going through six characters events we have to go through twelve. I may have two, maybe three people I'm actually interested in, and in the past since you basically are forced to increase the friendship level of everyone you would be forced to see the events of three or four more characters, but now that's nine or ten more characters.

I hate having to do flirty scenes with people I have no interest in what-so-ever. And it seems I get stuck in event after event after event with people I have no interest in and I MUST finish their events to get to the ones I want to see. It was tolerable when it was just a couple you had to go through like this, but now it seems like it's all I do. 80% of the time when I see who the next events are going to be with I just groin inside and consider just not playing anymore.

I always planned on playing through the game more than once, trying different play styles and pursuing different characters depending on the personality I imagine my PC having. But this is just becoming too much to take. I may just go back to playing RF4 again.

Other than getting married as quickly as possible, is there any other way to let someone know you just want to be friends?
Anna_Lynn

Post  Posted:

It would have been nice to have SS romance as a toggle via directives because I agree, it can be weirdly annoying having every single person hit on you, lol. I know some other simulation games I've played have the "would you date men, women, or both?" option when you start a new file, but then who knows if later on in the file you wish you'd answered differently. If SS-romance was like a 10P toggle directive with Eliza I think that might have been a better compromise? Especially since we're forced to raise everyone's friendships for message board requests.