New and tentative game announcements (V2)

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

If anybody here likes otoges, beware of Beach Boys, the newly released one on Switch. Apparently the art is stolen, not only from other games but even from fan art. The story is here if you want to know more.
Somerandom
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Not sure if anyone else here is interested in fighting games, but the new trailer for street fighter 6 came out a couple days ago and it actually looks good! I’m not a 2D fighting game or a street fighter fan (I prefer 3D fighting games like Tekken) but I am really glad the art style changed from the overly cartoony 3D clay model style.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I've heard about Bear&Breakfast here and there this past year. It's releasing next month now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VB5fckpDtj4

Definitely wishlist material for me. It looks fun, just not day one.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I saw the Bear and Breakfast thing on my Twitter feed a bit ago and got excited for a minute because I mistook it for LumbearJack, which I've been wanting. (I love the idea of saving the environment from greedy idiots by simply SMASHING THEM ALL UP, big burly lumberjack style!) Then I was disappointed, because Bear and Breakfast isn't LumbearJack, lol.

But! Just minutes ago, guess what got shadow-dropped? (Though the link doesn't work as of the time of me posting this, so not sure what's up with that)
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

This is the third indie game on Switch where you play as an adorable bear. First Bear's Restaurant, then Bear&Breakfast, and now LumbearJack. What are the odds lol? There might be even more I'm forgetting about!
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Bluie is happy?
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Got to the XBOX showcase late so I missed it until the wrap up. Silksong still feels...too good to be true? :shifty: And also I'm wondering. Didn't Nintendo get console exclusivity waaaay back when the game was first announced? Hopefully the Switch doesn't get axed...(or pushed back a year). Maybe the whole XBOX thing was just for Gamepass. Hopefully. I don't see the Team Cherry guys as the type to do something like that, but you never know. Something funny had to have gone on for there to be so much silence.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Kinda surprised that Snacko is due to hit consoles this year. I thought it was still quite a long way off console release.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote: Jun 12, 2022 11:48 amBluie is happy?
Oh yes, very. It seems like a dream at this point. It's been three years of drip feed info and clowns memes, and then they just drop a new trailer out of nowhere? It's way too much to take in at once. Just watching the trailer again has my little Hollow Knight obsessed brain doing flips.

A shame there's still no release date, but I'm actually OK with that too. The presenter said all the games in the show were due out within 12 months, and I can deal with that. Until Nintendo's showing, my only anticipated game next year is Final Fantasy XVI and Breath of the Wild 2. Lots of stuff in the wishlist for droughts, but only two BIG titles to keep me going through the year. Hollow Knight took me over a year to complete fully due to it's nature of not being able to be rushed for a backlog unless you know the game in and out, and I did not. It was a journey and I've been waiting to do it all over again with Silksong for what feels like ages. It's honestly my most anticipated game right now, but I can with a little longer knowing it's delivering what I expected and it promised.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

That's great, I'm really happy for you :) I should have included Mikodesu, but for some reason, I only associate Bluie with Hollow Knight. I associate Mikodesu with Celeste. I can't remember why. It may be some kind of brain blip that makes no sense.

I saw that P4G (and two other Persona games that I don't care about and therefore do not remember the details of...I have a very lazy brain!) is going to be going to Xbox (gamepass? I know nothing about Xbox!) and PC, which is great, but I hope it goes to other consoles as well. (They probably wouldn't announce on an Xbox aka Microsoft show that it was coming to PS or Switch, so it not being announced for them there means nothing, to me...they could well be headed for the others, too!)
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

^They Just confirmed that Persona 3 Portable, Persona 4 Golden, and Persona 5 Royal are all coming to PS5&PC as well (now we just need confirmation for the Switch as well if rumors are to be all true). I'll admit that I have huuuuge nostalgia for Persona 3 Portable specifically. It was one of those PSP games I just kept playing over and over and over again (along with Radiant Mythology and Hero of Leaf Valley) in high school. I'll 100% purchase it again.

People are upset with the fact they we're getting the PSP version over the PS2 enhanced/extended FES version, but I'm thrilled to be able to play as the FeMC once again. Apparently the FES version of the game has extreme spaghetti code syndrome + said code may have been lost (rumor) so it's not entirely unlikely they just can't re-release it like the readily available P3P. I'll admit that not having the epilogue to fully round out the story is a bummer (I googled it back in the day), but P3P does have some nice quirks and perks too. A female main character that changes party interactions, social links, UI, story and OST is still wildly cool to me over ten years later. Like, she's not just a female skin, but her own character in her own right. The trade off is the game becomes half visual novel (you can only walk around freely in dungeons), there's no anime cutscenes outside the opening (the PSP apparently wasn't able to handle it all back in the day) and of course, no extra big post game chapter where you play as Aigis. (Also, you can only control your party members in P3P. Their AI can be ridiculously stupid in the other versions of the game)

They should honestly just remake it at this point, but I'll take one copy of teenage nostalgia, please. Preferably on the Switch, but PS5 is OK too.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

It's fair to associate me with Celeste. :) There have been a number of us who played Hollow Knight, a few who beat it, but I think I'm the only Celeste fan on FOGU. Openly, at least.

As always there were quite a few interesting announcements on the PC games show. Actually, there was a "Persona-like" called "Demonschool" that looked really nice. I can't remember if it was listed as for Switch or not.

There was one other I think folks on FOGU might also find interesting, but I can't remember what so I'll have to edit it in/post later. Might have been from the Future Games Show... I know it was coming to Switch, too.

Potion Permit looked really cute. (Essentially a foraging/crafting alchemy game from the look of it.) And there was a Moomins game? Has there ever been a Moomin universe game before? Very pretty looking, too.
XxWizardxMollyxX14
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I am crying, throwing up, and soiling my pants at the P3P PC reveal. I was actually hoping for a remake, but this shall do me just fine.

Unrelated, I wonder if the leak/rumor about:
Spoiler:
a nintendo direct coming out later this month is true? Would be pretty gosh darn neat!
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

XxWizardxMollyxX14 wrote: Jun 13, 2022 5:01 pm I am crying, throwing up, and soiling my pants at the P3P PC reveal. I was actually hoping for a remake, but this shall do me just fine.

Unrelated, I wonder if the leak/rumor about:
Spoiler:
a nintendo direct coming out later this month is true? Would be pretty gosh darn neat!
Glad to see another P3P enjoyer around here. I wonder if someone will patch in the scrapped content via mod on the PC version (mainly the Junpei FeMC romance option).

In regards to your spoiler, I think it's likely to happen sooner than later because we're in the season of every company dropping new games in big presentations. There's no E3 this year, but everyone is having a show regardless, and I believe Nintendo will follow suit. There are a lot of rumors floating around about a mainline Fire Emblem that apparently has GUST in the reigns of the character models/designs with Koei Tecmo developing again and that it's been finished for awhile but Nintendo is holding it back to not hurt Three Hope's sales. There's also been rumors of a remake announcement as well. It personally sounds like « Male Cow Poopoo » to me, but I would love to be wrong.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

A little bit of clarification, though I don't know yet if this rules out a Switch version. Glad P4G will be on PS4, since I may not ever go for a PS5 (I now only play Tales and Trails on PS and I'm not sure they're worth the price of a console to me, any more.)