New and tentative game announcements (V2)

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
XxWizardxMollyxX14
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Bluie wrote: Jun 14, 2022 1:31 pm
XxWizardxMollyxX14 wrote: Jun 13, 2022 5:01 pm I am crying, throwing up, and soiling my pants at the P3P PC reveal. I was actually hoping for a remake, but this shall do me just fine.

Unrelated, I wonder if the leak/rumor about:
Spoiler:
a nintendo direct coming out later this month is true? Would be pretty gosh darn neat!
Glad to see another P3P enjoyer around here. I wonder if someone will patch in the scrapped content via mod on the PC version (mainly the Junpei FeMC romance option).

In regards to your spoiler, I think it's likely to happen sooner than later because we're in the season of every company dropping new games in big presentations. There's no E3 this year, but everyone is having a show regardless, and I believe Nintendo will follow suit. There are a lot of rumors floating around about a mainline Fire Emblem that apparently has GUST in the reigns of the character models/designs with Koei Tecmo developing again and that it's been finished for awhile but Nintendo is holding it back to not hurt Three Hope's sales. There's also been rumors of a remake announcement as well. It personally sounds like « Male Cow Poopoo » to me, but I would love to be wrong.
I'm still just the tiniest bit mixed on the new FE: Mainline leaks. Spoiler's just to be safe:
Spoiler:
I have a very strong preference for playing as my own gender, and the leak seems to imply that the MC and/or Main Lord is a set personality male. Another point worth mentioning, some people are saying the main lord is the playable character, others are claiming that it's another chrom/robin situation. In which case, if it's the latter, there's likely nothing to worry about. I'd find it hard to believe they'd take out gender choice at this stage of the series.

I keep flip/flopping on the summoning mechanic, tbh.
Last edited by XxWizardxMollyxX14 on Jun 14, 2022 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
simside
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

I am another big P3P enjoyer - P3 is one of my favorites of all time, and I would buy a whole « Mr.Gourmet's hat » PS5 if they remade it. FES is the version I played over and over and would be my default port hope, but P3P is better. I think I only played through the Aegis epilogue in FES once, it felt too tacked on.

I could not get into P4 when it came out (I think because it wasn't P3), but I've thought about playing P4G on PC before. P5R might be enough to break my No PC rule, especially since we figured out how to hook it up to the TV, but getting my partner off the PC is like taking a dog's food bowl away. Not as tempted by the PC port of P3P, but I would absolutely play it again on Switch. I would play all of these on Switch. I would also replay P1 and P2IS/EP on Switch, and I did not care for those.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Huzzah, another P3P enjoyer! Glad to be among my people.

Gonna talk about the Fire Emblem leak for a bit:
Spoiler:
I am cautiously optimistic. Honestly, it looks like a really early build from the leaked screens, but it personally doesn't look awful? I'm ehhhh with the fruit roll-up protagnist. It's certainly an odd choice of hair color but I'll save my full judgement for the full design reveal (if it's even real at all).

EDIT: The protag's full design has been leaked. I like it and and s/he looks like they came right out of an Atelier game. This is too intricate to be fake.

Looking at the models, uh yeah, that looks like GUST's work. I've played almost every localized Atelier game and both of the dudes looking like they could be standing next to an alchemist easily. It's not 100% their style per say, but if it is them, I can see it. Honestly, add a few shaders and I'd be 100% convinced.

Everything else is too blurry to make out, but this is believable. Right now it looks like it's being made in the same engine as Three Houses/Hopes but with improved models, which is par for the course with this series. 2-3 games per engine is how it's always been with the most entries on one engine being the 3DS with (technically) five games in total.

All will be confirmed or denied if that June 29th Direct ends up being real.
Side note: all of the games associated with Square Enix that were in the Nvidia leak have been true and there's only two left, one of which being a Final Fantasy IX remake. I adore FFIX, it's my favorite game of all time. The remaster was a dream come true already, but a full on remake? I think I'd gain five years to my life if it ends up being real. We're supposed to be getting info on the animated cartoon some time this month and I feel like we might get some solid info on the remake then IF it's actually real. It feels kinda strange to be remaking IX while the VII remake is still putting along. IX is about the same length as vanilla VII, so depending on the direction, it'll either be a full on remake and one and done, or it'll be coming out in chunks like VII's remake. That being said, VII's remake is more of a reimagining with added story. I just don't want my baby to be done dirty.
Somerandom
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

That new FE announcement sounds extremely suspect, even from just the text about the game (especially the part the main Lord’s mother is a dragon as well as the part where the talk about summoning heroes), it sounds pretty iffy. The screenshots released with it are especially terrible. People were saying it’s real because only Fire Emblem has this support system. That’s not true, since it likely isn’t patented and could easily be implemented in many other games, so another game could be using this system. That is the main argument that people are using to say the game is legit.

I believe one person even pointed out that the screenshot with the red and blue haired protagonist was an edited screenshot was just an edited screenshot from Shin megami tensai 5 or whatever that game is called. All the screenshots are in Chinese as well, last time I checked these companies tend to create things in their native language, Japanese. I wonder why would they be sitting on the next fire emblem game? the last few have been rushed. Also money. Most Nintendo games for the past 4 years have released unfinished. So them releasing a basically complete game that a lot of people will be excited about with pretty much no info about it prior to completion be even hinted at, in order to take away the some of the hype for FE three hopes releases does not sound like the Nintendo way!

Could there be a new game? I am leaning towards yes, but I don’t think this leak is the game that we are getting. I hope it isn’t at any rate, because 1. the red and blue hair is hideous in my opinion as are the boring character designs now that I think about it, 2. I prefer playing as a female protagonist and 3. I hope it’s not a game where we summon past characters, often these characters are very stagnant and don’t have the development they had in their original games. Also it’s just piggybacking of the success of the past games (Heroes, Awakening, 3 houses and Fates) and not doing something new.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I edited my previous post a little bit ago, but uh, a new screenshot has surfaced of the protag. Looks exactly like an Atelier protagonist put through a Fire Emblem filter.
Spoiler:
I may eat my words later, but this is way, WAY too intricate to be fake. Also, there's absolutely no way that first screenshot you're referring to is an edited Nahobino from Shin Megami Tensei V. People we're joking around that they both had luscious locks, but said screenshot looks nothing like SMTV.
XxWizardxMollyxX14
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I... I don't know how to feel about toothpaste-chan. Well, no, that's a lie—I just don't like the design. That being said, I can acclimate myself to it, it will just take some time. I agree with a lot of other people that the lady designs (that we can see) all look a bit same-face-y (or it might be more accurate to say they all look like different degrees of moe), but again, it's not something that will deter me, because even with that being said, I do like what little blurbs we can see. I can see myself warming up to all the designs when the time is right, so I'm good.

I wonder if/how much has changed in designs since those screenshots are apparently early WIP.

I'm on the side of believing that the leaks are real, and all things aside, I'm still hoping for more.

Overall, I think I can be cautiously optimistic about what we've seen so far; I'm sure, with the assumption that the leaks are real, that it will all look better in high quality/action. But maybe not ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm warming to toothpaste-chan myself. The design is very loud and it's... a lot, but I can get used to it. Gust does have a bad habit of making beautiful characters with extreme designs, but also not always. I guess I'm used to it at this point so it's not as scathing to me as others. Though I have told some friends that if the leak is indeed real, I'll be naming the protag 'Colgate'. Further leaks say that the protag's name is Diamant, so no big loss regardless looool.

Honestly, watching the Fire Emblem fandom being in shambles AGAIN is great entertainment. I'm not saying people aren't allowed to be upset or disappointed, but we've got a total of five screenshots in potato quality and people are acting like it's the worst thing that's ever happened to them.
Somerandom
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Ok, I am erring on the side of the game being real after seeing more information come out. Sorry that I am sounding so negative, but I don’t like the hair or much of the outfit at all. It looks like a step back into the fire emblem fates direction of characters having revealing clothes instead of the more suitable armour everyone but Byleth and Manuela wear in three houses. To me the hair is less like toothpaste but more like the switch joycons. Also is it just me but if you removed the hair she would sort of look like a female version of Reinhard from Rune Factory 5? I mean they are almost wearing the same boots!

I still don’t like the idea of summoning heroes, because that just feels a little lazy in a way, it is too similar to heroes and it feels like they are clinging on to past titles. But if there’s a day and night cycle like I heard there will be and that actually means something gameplay wise. Ok, now you’ve got me interested. Could it be that if you choose to fight on a map or explore your base at a certain time of day different events will occur? That sounds pretty cool. Or they could have the protag be a were dragon, human by day and a dragon by night.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Don't forget to create a thread for any topic that warrants extended discussion...this one is for quick announcements/bits of news only, really, that are currently too insignificant to warrant much back-and-forth. :) I know it's just a rumour right now, but you can have a 'rumour' thread and change the title if it becomes confirmed, or something. Or use it to speculate on what the REAL next FE game will be if the rumour turns out to be false. I seem to recall that the Three Houses thread was pretty darned big so there are probably lots of fans, here. Unless you think that the material there is to discuss currently has already been exhausted, I guess.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

So, uh...I'm a little confused, but it seems clear at least that the second part of the FFVIIR set of games has been named and very loosely dated (No clicky? Then it's FFVII: Rebirth...winter 2023.) It's also been clarified that the remake will be three parts in total.

What's confusing is that FFVIIR Crisis Core has been announced, too. I don't know where/how it fits it. I think it's a remake since it appears to be in the same graphics as FFVIIR. A spin-off?
GenesisLove
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I’m super excited for the Crisis Core remaster, I’ve literally been asking for this for 10 years! :lol:
Very, very happy that I’m going to have access to my favorite childhood game again. Ideally they would keep the ending the same and fix the kinda janky combat, but it’ll probably be the other way around. Either way I’m ecstatic, ready to get my heart broken again.

I’m a little confused by your question, Kikki. Are you asking where Crisis Core lies in the FFVII timeline, or where the remaster will lie in the remake schedule? The answer to the former is that CC is a prequel to FFVII staring Zack Fair, a character who technically only makes one proper appearance in the original, but who is constantly being mentioned and is a huge influence on a bunch of the main characters. For the latter it’s literally anyone’s guess, lol.

The P3P remaster is also great news, but it’s not as dire since I still have it on my Vita. Thankfully my only modern console is the Switch so I won’t be too tempted. :mrgreen:
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Surprised this hasn't been posted yet! Dragon's Dogma 2 confirmed!! :) Very happy for fans. The first one seemed good, it was just so far back on my to-do list I don't think I'd ever have gotten to it... Fingers crossed the sequel is everything fans are hoping for.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

We already know when Crisis Core is supposed to be coming out, at least down to the season...winter of this year. What was confusing to me is what Crisis Core has to do with anything. I've never even heard of it, and it didn't appear to be a direct part of FFVII, and yet, it's coming out before part two of the three remake parts. It's also called 'Crisis Core - Final Fantasy VII: Reunion', making it sound like it's a direct part of the FFVIIR set (they all appear to have names starting with R...first was Remake, and part two is to be Rebirth...and then this Crisis Core is being thrown in and is Reunion.) But it's NOT part of the set, because there are three parts, and this isn't one of them. But it's not a DLC story like Intergrade, either...it appears to stand alone. It must be a big deal since they've gone to the bother to fully remake it, and make it ready even before the next part of the main game. That's why I asked if it was a spin-off, or what's going on with it/how it fits.

I also am not totally clear on if this is a complete reimagining, the way the FFVII remake is, because if it's just a remaster and unchanged, how will it fit with the extremely-changed FFVII? As far as I can tell, Crisis Core is being remastered using FFVIIR engine/assets, so it seems like it's supposed to connect. That's why I find it really bloody confusing, lol. Is it supposed to be a part of the story, or is it such a spin-off that it doesn't matter if it retains its original story even though the main game has had its story altered so much?

As far as I can gather, it can remain as it is because there is only one connecting point: Zack Fair. Who has as yet barely been brought into the remake (well...as in, actually mentioned or seen, he hasn't really become part of the story yet.) I'm not sure but it seems like that tiny connection, removed from everything else, is why they don't have to change the story. But yeah, I found it confusing. I'm still a touch confused about if we're supposed to consider this as a spin-off or extra story for this NEW FFVII, the three-parter, or if it is just a remaster of an old game, only connected to the older version.

In other words, my confusion was so big, I didn't want to bother explaining it, lol...it takes up too much space.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

It's all good, Kiki. If you haven't been in the FFVII fandom long, it gets confusing as hell. There are sooooo many FFVII games because it's Square Enix's golden goose that continually provides gold no matter what it's attached to. To make things more complicated, all of the spinoffs are canon and further develop FFVII's story. From what I remember they're trying to compile the story of all the games (and the anime specials + theatrical movie + and maybe even some of the books) into the upcoming phone game Ever Crisis. It is a PAIN to try and play all of FFVII's catalog these days. Original Crisis Core is stuck on PSP, for example. Another example is a game involving the Turks called Before Crisis that was for 2001 Japanese flip-phones and nothing else. Orrrrr how about the 3rd person shooter where you play as one of your late party members that's stuck on PS2? It's a MESS. Of course you could just play the OG game and get the story it presents and call it there, but if you wanted the whole FFVII package, it's quite literally impossible to partake in it all.

As for the rest of your confusion, I'd say treat the whole FFVII remake situation as a new timeline, because they're changing the plot. I can't call it quite yet, but there's some weird shenanigans happening and stuff is not as it seems. Crisis Core in itself is a prequel that follows Zack as the protagonist and his time in the military. Zack doesn't get introduced in the original game until way, waaaaaaaay later as he's part of a huge twist I wont spoil. Crisis Core itself gives Zack's full backstory and basically shows what leads up to said twist. The full remake is either just going to keep things the way they were OR they'll tie it in with FFVII remake because of whatever they're doing with the plot.

I hope this clears up some stuff, Kiki.
GenesisLove
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

@Kirie: Oh, I get what you’re asking now. Sorry if I came off a bit rude before.

If I had to guess, I would say CC is going to have fewer changes made to it since it’s being referred to a remaster rather than a remake. But I wouldn’t be surprised at all if some major story beats were altered to align with the remake.

In terms of the relevance of the story; Sephiroth and Aerith, just to name a few returning characters, are very much present throughout CC, which starts about 7 years before the original and ends a few months before the original starts. You also get to see the FFVII world from the viewpoint of a Shinra employee. Zack is on good terms with the Turks, he’s able to join the (in-universe!) Sephiroth fan club and receive newsletters, you get a glimpse of the war that made Sephiroth a hero.

Anyway, it may seem like a non sequitur now, but if enjoy the world/story of FFVII, it’s definitely worth a play. Fair(ha ha, get it?) warning: the gameplay is very different than both FFVII original and remake. Zack is your only party member, and there is a slot machine system that determines your level ups, and item drops, and iirc some other pretty crucial parts of battle. Even I, the world’s biggest CC fangirl, think it could use some work, so it’s definitely not for everyone.