New and tentative game announcements (V2)

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Cloud Gardens got pushed back a month a bit ago and is now due out June 16. Yay :) It's casual and chill, so it's probably for shorter play sessions of a half hour or so, but I love just making things bloom and grow, particularly if it de-uglifies urban decay. Will buy this day one and enjoy it casually, as is probably intended.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Dragon Quest Treasures is not only getting localized, but there's going to be an info drop next month.
While I would rather hear about Dragon Quest X Offline making it stateside, this looks fun too.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yeah, was automatically a little excited to know a bunch of Dragon Quest news is upcoming today ('today' in Japan, not necessarily today HERE...in other words, sometime on May 27 in Japan), but I know if I hold my breath for a DQB3, I'll end up departing the Earth due to asphyxiation. It's the ONLY thing I want from Dragon Quest, but forget happening this time...there's a chance it may *never* happen. Though they did just announce DQB1 for mobile...at least they're still doing something with that IP. Guess it's not in the realm of lost causes, yet.
simside
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Just noticed Fishing Paradiso is coming next month for Switch:

https://www.nintendo.com/store/products ... so-switch/

Looks kinda like River King crossed with Stardew Valley, and really cute. I'm still not quite over the "you're dead" plot, and I'm very much looking forward to this.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Before I forget... Heard about a game this week I'm keeping an eye on. Indie game called Spirittea -- the elevator pitch is Stardew Valley + Spirited Away. You revitalize a bathhouse for spirits, that happens to sit next to a little town.

Steam page incase anyone also wants to wishlist: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1931010/Spirittea/

Fingers crossed it turns out as cute as it looks.

Edit: Saw this last night and forgot. Epic Games is giving away the Bioshock Collection for a few more days. Not just one game, all of them. Pretty great!
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Um, let's see...I was skimming my Twitter feed without actually copying any links, but then...Star Ocean: The Divine Force's announcement was more of an announcement of an announcement anyway. Supposedly they're going to give out news at the end of June.

Also I saw an announcement of Pokemon news tomorrow, here:
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Awwwwyiss. I hope it confirms that the gameplay is similar/the same as Legends Arceus when it comes to exploring and catching.
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

I hope they show some of the new Pokemon and/or version exclusives to make it easier to decide on version. Right now I like the color palette of Violet's starting outfits better, but I always get more outfits when that's an option. I wonder what their flavor of "open world" will be like this time too.

Next day edit: I am not having an easier time deciding, lol. I couldn't tell particularly from the short trailer but the battling reminded me of Arceus. I really didn't notice if it had traditional catching or otherwise either. I'm excited to learn more about the new style of trading and I guess some kind of co-op play? The little Poke center places look like play at the pump gas stations, lol. That new pig Pokemon is adorable! I'm torn between the professors and box legends too. I think I am leaning towards Scarlet.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

There it be. While I'm buying both versions, I am highly leaning towards Violet for my first play. Also, lol, 'Lechonk'.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Uh. Well, that was no help at all, lol. I'm not even at the point of wondering which one...I can't tell yet if I want to try this iteration at all, or not. Not enough gameplay! Is this like Arceus, except a step further to the open-world, wild catching and exploring? Or is it like Arceus, but a step BACK, toward more traditional pokemon battles? I can't tell! So I really don't know. Though I don't like red very much, and I find dinosaurs really blah, so if I DO want one, it's pretty clear that I'm more the Violet type than the Scarlet.

But finding out if I want either of them at all is more important, lol. I need a bit more actual gameplay shown!

I did like the trees I saw, though; they looked pretty nice :)

The name Lechonk is fabulous, but Smoliv is almost as good, and way, WAY cuter. Must have a Smoliv. I don't like olives irl, but I'm prepared to like Smoliv. Looks like the type to have good evolutions. Well, this is all dependent on overall gameplay, though! Guess we have to wait a while longer for that. I wonder if Nintendo will still be putting out an E3-replacement Direct, now that E3 was completely cancelled for 2022. I'm betting they're gonna leave it for later, now. Pooh.

EDIT: Witchbrook is looking pretty decent so far.
FarmingForDaysMan
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

If I were to buy the new Pokémon game, I’m not sure which one I’d get. The legendary in Violet looks really cool, but I think I would be leaning more towards Scarlet. The co-op thing looks really cool!
Roinda

Post  Posted:

Hmmm, I watched the trailer twice and I definitely like the look of it. Knowing me, I’ll end up getting both at some point, I usually do, although I still need to get Shining Pearl.

I’m still not particularly enthused (is that a word?) with the three starters although I’m slightly drawn to the grass and perhaps the water type/s. Sorry, I don’t know what they’re called. I’ll keep an open mind though. (Heads off to Amazon to do a preorder and order SP)
simside
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Lol, I had to sneak a watch in at work today (no break ;_;), and I thought it was over at that pause before the legendaries. I wondered how folks found out what they were. ^_^;

I’m not super-pumped by the trailer, though I may play a bit of co-op with my partner - we play at radically different speeds, so it may just be dipping in and out of each other’s games. They showed a lot of character customization, but I wish there were optional openings where you could specify your age as either “I’m ten!” or “None of your business!”

I have trouble playing 3D open games, so this may be a no go for me, but I like Pokémon enough to try. Or to bully my partner into helping me navigate.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I've been waiting for this one for a long while.
FarmingForDaysMan
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Awwwwwwww, that kitty game looks adorable. It looks funny, too 😂