New and tentative game announcements (V2)

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

simside wrote: Dec 10, 2022 5:29 pmI didn't think about TGA announcements being spoilers until I saw the discussion in Now Playing after posting. ^_^; Hopefully I didn't ruin the fun for anyone. I didn't watch myself, just skimmed the announcements after.
Nah, it's two full days after; anything's fair game at this point, imo. :)

Mikodesu's a big Celeste fan, but I know little to nothing about it myself, except that it is highly acclaimed for both (rather difficult but sensibly so?) gameplay and story/character, iirc. I figured any mention of another game from that studio would get people excited.
Shortybread
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote: Dec 03, 2022 10:09 am Infinity Nikki looks like a game that might be for Bluie. I like customization as a frill, but really...give me a half a dozen choices on each feature for a character and I'm more or less content. I do love open-world, though, as it tends to mean I get to explore, and it'll be beautiful and outdoorsy.

Described as an 'open world dress-up adventure', I can't decide who this is marketed for. It's super girly, yet it looks big-budget. Nikki here seems like a magical girl. Her jumps have no muscular action at all, it's more like she's wafting up magically and floating to her next perch. Well, I'm curious enough to make note of it, anyway, will look in on it again when I know more about the gameplay :)
Bluie wrote: Dec 05, 2022 4:15 am I certainly have my eye on Infinity Nikki, but it's a wait and see situation. I've never played the other Nikki games, which are all mobile gacha dress up doll sims. Their fandom is very dedicated though, like it sure wouldn't be such a big series if people weren't enjoying/paying for it. This evolution seems kinda sudden but I also get it. Genshin Impact (and Breath of the Wild obvs) have changed the gaming scene forever. Where 'anime open world' used to not exist in the slightest, it's now everywhere as everyone wants a slice of the pie. I do love exploring and character customization is always a plus in my book, but I'm also a heavily story/character driven person too. For now I don't expect too much from Infinity Nikki because I refuse to get hyped over game trailers any more as the last one that got me (DokeV) ended up in development hell. Until there's actual release dates these days I keep my expectations very low.
Ooh, I've been playing Love Nikki for years now ... maybe 5, at this point? Either way, I'm very excited for Infinity Nikki.
One of LN's biggest shortcomings is that the localization isn't very good, so it can be hard to follow at times. Infinity Nikki looks pretty big budget, though, so hopefully that's remedied.

I will say, Bluie, for a dress-up game LN has pretty in-depth stories and lore. :) I can't vouch for the latest entry, Shining Nikki, but Love Nikki got very interesting to me past the first few chapters, and I've gotten really invested in some of the characters! I'm hoping that Infinity Nikki will have the same amount of effort put into it in that regard, but with it being less linear than the previous games, I don't know what to expect.

I think Infinity Nikki is the first entry in the franchise that's getting any sort of mainstream attention, what with it being compared to Genshin and BotW, but there's already misinformation going around unfortunately. I thought I'd mention just in case, but there's a movie being produced by the company as well called Nikki and the « Harvest Goddess » of Dreams, and people are calling it an Infinity Nikki trailer when it isn't. :shock: That, and people are saying the 10th Anniversary music video "Bloom Up" is from Infinity Nikki, but it's associated with Shining Nikki. That's a lot more innocuous though, and less likely to set up expectations for people that won't be met. Hopefully the game won't get panned when it comes out because people thought the movie trailer was for the game instead. :(
(okay, rambling over. I'm just excited, sorry! :lol: )
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Currently watching the Blue Reflection fanbase meltdown over the new mobile game. As someone who loved the first game, liked the anime despite it's flaws, and disked the second game enough to drop it indefinitely, I have no interest in the game outside of seeing Mel Kishida's artwork and hearing Hayato Asano's OST. The funny thing is that most people aren't upset that the game is mobile, because this was announced ages ago anyways. No, people are upset because they have the audacity to include a male character who was teased to also have magical girl(guy???) powers. The humanity. I will never understand why all these 'neckbeard' types get their panties in a twist when something threatens their precious 'waifus'. The game is now being heavily boycotted, and with how Blue Reflection as a franchise is already super rocky, I don't see this game lasting for more than a year, and that's being generous.

I personally don't see a problem with having a male cast member, but it is also a weird decision considering the install base was never asking for male representation, just more cute girls in sheer outfits killing eldritch kaijus. I think Koei has effectively killed this franchise for good.
infel
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Bluie wrote: Jan 06, 2023 11:34 am Currently watching the Blue Reflection fanbase meltdown over the new mobile game. As someone who loved the first game, liked the anime despite it's flaws, and disked the second game enough to drop it indefinitely, I have no interest in the game outside of seeing Mel Kishida's artwork and hearing Hayato Asano's OST. The funny thing is that most people aren't upset that the game is mobile, because this was announced ages ago anyways. No, people are upset because they have the audacity to include a male character who was teased to also have magical girl(guy???) powers. The humanity. I will never understand why all these 'neckbeard' types get their panties in a twist when something threatens their precious 'waifus'. The game is now being heavily boycotted, and with how Blue Reflection as a franchise is already super rocky, I don't see this game lasting for more than a year, and that's being generous.

I personally don't see a problem with having a male cast member, but it is also a weird decision considering the install base was never asking for male representation, just more cute girls in sheer outfits killing eldritch kaijus. I think Koei has effectively killed this franchise for good.
It's interesting seeing your thoughts on the Blue Reflection franchise. It's also cool that I'm not the only who played it on here. It's a bit of a niche game. As for the whole male protagonist thing, I think a big thing is how Blue Reflection is a rare case with having Yuri as a main theme in the games. It's teased more in the first game, but in the second, there is an actual couple that not only is developed to a degree, but they also have a touching story. It's nothing ground breaking, but to see a LGBT relationship shown in a decent way was truly touching and surprising. Granted, even with Blue Reflection, they mostly tease or bait people, but Blue Reflection 2 really surprised me with having two girls in love with each other. I can tell you, I was originally hoping for a third game and getting more relationships like that. Now though, with a guy protagonist, the unique set up that the other two games had is sort of gone. Also, these games (at least for those like me) have a bit of a fan service problem. What made Blue Reflection 1 and 2 bearable for me was that the main character was a female and not pervy. If a male protagonist were in these kind of games, I have no doubt that the fan service would be even worse and ranked up. Also, it was unique to have a female protagonists as a lead. Now though not only is this new game mobile, it also has a male protagonist which means the fan service may be even more prevalent.

Anyway, sorry if this is a bit long. I just wanted to add my two cents to why I don't like the idea of a male protagonist for blue reflection. For me, it's because now the fan service will likely be worse and it takes away two unique aspects of what these games had.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

No, no, you're good, this is what discussion forums are for.

When I view the male protag, he's designed very 'soft' or 'shota' for lack of a better word. He's also not featured in any of the promotion art, just shows up for maybe 7 seconds in the trailer overall. I haven't dove deep into the game itself to try and find splash art or his profile, but it feels like they're overall making him an exception rather than further fuel for fanservice, if that makes sense? I mean, its also very possible that there will be a 'oh noes, I walked in on the girls changing like a dumbass' scene, but I don't think he's meant to be a panty chaser, rather just a boy in a group of girls. IDK if they're trying to go the harem route, but if they are, honestly, it's bye-bye Blue Reflection.
infel
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Bluie wrote: Jan 07, 2023 3:25 am No, no, you're good, this is what discussion forums are for.

When I view the male protag, he's designed very 'soft' or 'shota' for lack of a better word. He's also not featured in any of the promotion art, just shows up for maybe 7 seconds in the trailer overall. I haven't dove deep into the game itself to try and find splash art or his profile, but it feels like they're overall making him an exception rather than further fuel for fanservice, if that makes sense? I mean, its also very possible that there will be a 'oh noes, I walked in on the girls changing like a dumbass' scene, but I don't think he's meant to be a panty chaser, rather just a boy in a group of girls. IDK if they're trying to go the harem route, but if they are, honestly, it's bye-bye Blue Reflection.
Yeah, you are right about he looks. And yeah, it doesn't seem like he'd be a pervert. I think it's more that they'll likely have some cringy scenes, but in all honestly Both Blue Reflection games have this. They are just easier to play because the protagonists are girls and the focus often isn't pervy scenes. Still, I do feel like they are going the harem route sadly. Another thing is that it's been claimed that one of the creators in an interview has said they hope to take Blue Reflection in this new direction. Im not sure if this is true or not (can't find the interview), but if it is, it's said because then the two things i mentioned will be gone and those two things I feel like are important for this franchise. Still, I agree that this is likely bye bye Blue Reflection, which is sad. As you said earlier though, the fans of these games take their waifu's too seriously. It's just sad to see a unique franchise go in this direction. I don't know what will happen to it, but I don't have much hope for a good third mainline game. Even if a third game happened, I doubt I'd buy it sadly...
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Saw an article about Rune Factory 6. Sort of. Partly. It's not much, but it's re-confirmation of what we already know, I guess, plus a little extra, and a reiteration that this isn't, in fact, RF6, but a spin-off. A direct spin-off, perhaps we could say? They're acting like this is going to be sort of like Rune Factory Oceans (aka: Tides of Destiny). So it IS part of the Rune Factory series, it just doesn't fall in line with the numbered games.

I like that they're saying they need to inject something new into the series.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Hmm, this is interesting news, too. Hashimoto is working on a new game with Hakama, to be released this year. It's to be called Rear Sekai, and it's an action RPG. There's a video in the linked article, but it only shows a bunch of Japanese text, the title, and an image of two characters. This is very preliminary news. The characters look slightly Rune Factory but I don't think this is supposed to be the RF spin-off from the previous news.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Put me down for tentatively interested in Rear Sekai. Really bad name tho lmao.
Shortybread
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I'm also very excited to learn more about Rear Sekai — wouldn't be heartbroken if the title changes at some point. :lol:
The character designs are cute! I really love the girl's design especially, she looks sweet.

I haven't played any of Bushiroad's other games, so I'm interested to see what the game ends up playing like!
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I had a vague thought floating around in my head that some Fogu folks were interested in these games, so...

Ys IX: Monstrum Nox will release on PS5 on May 9th in North America, and on May 12th in the EU.

There is also an official gameplay trailer for the remastered Tales of Symphonia coming out in about a month.
malon212
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Saw article on gematsu on Rear Sakai

The game is planned and produced by Yoshifumi Hashimoto, and features illustrations by Shie Nanahara and Minako Iwasaki, as well as a main musical composition by Motoi Sakuraba. Its voice-over cast includes Kaito Ishikawa and Saori Oonishi.

So, i believe that that's the Rune Factory artist and Hashimoto is making the game, so my hopes are rising for this game. Also, i like the character design very rpgish.
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

PlayswithJosh or whatever he's also going by now did a preview video yesterday of Drago Noka, a game about farming and town building on the back of a dragon. I am personally very intrigued. I only watched the beginning portion last night because of other stuff going on, but I intend to watch the rest later. It's supposed to come out on the 12th I believe for Steam and Switch.

Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

HOLY « Cow Poopoo ».

https://www.gematsu.com/2023/01/rhapsod ... tch-and-pc

THE MARL KINGDOM GAMES ARE GETTING REMAKES. IVE DREAMED OF THIS FOR YEARS.
simside
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Bluie wrote: Jan 30, 2023 10:28 am HOLY « Cow Poopoo ».

https://www.gematsu.com/2023/01/rhapsod ... tch-and-pc

THE MARL KINGDOM GAMES ARE GETTING REMAKES. IVE DREAMED OF THIS FOR YEARS.
I was also super-pumped about this! It made me pick up the DS port of the original, though I think I'd rather play these.