New and tentative game announcements (V2)

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

They both are taking on a open world approach, though Arceus to a lesser degree. Arceus has a main hub and a handful of open areas to choose from a menu. Scarlet&Violet are a seamlessly connected world. Both have roaming overworld Pokemon and both have a mount system to traverse the large world. Arceus is a more unforgiving world, so Pokemon will attack you and you'll only end up in a turn-based battle if you throw one of your mons out to protect you (this is why there's a dodge roll). You can also just huck pokeballs at any target instead of having to initiate battle. Scarlet&Violet have gone back to everything happening in the initial encounter (touch pokemon = fight/catch) so it's more in line with the rest of the main series (Arceus is technically a spinoff).

Scarlet&Violet's system could be most compared to Sword&Shield's Wild Area, but improved/built upon Arceus (ie: battles happening where the encounter is instead of transitioning to a new screen). The Wild Area also had you walk everywhere while Arceus gives you a slew of mounts for every situation, and Scarlet&Violet smoosh all those mounts into one Pokemon this time around.

I hope that helps a bit. There's still more info and systems in Scarlet&Violet they're holding back from us, so there could be more to say, but I just don't know at this point.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yes, thanks, Bluie :)

We have a date for P4G (and P3P) on Switch:
cinnamon_yuki
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Oh no...Same date as Fire Emblem Engage? Choices...choices...
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yeahhhh, that's a pass for me until further notice. I do love Persona 3 Portable, but I want a new Fire Emblem more.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Just a quick heads-up that a bunch more otoges have been announced at Aksys' "All Aksys" presentation today. They sound interesting (though very tragedy-filled?) but my interest in and awareness of otome games is flagging in recent years, so I don't actually recognize the titles. Still, the info's out there if anyone cares :) I saw Shuuen no Virche and, uh...Tengoku Struggle or something like that, of new announcements, but there may be more. I'm not familiar with them.

I am at least glad to know that Jack Jeanne is due out in Summer 2023. I'm quite interested in that one, though I can't remember why, lol. (Quite possibly because it's a gender-bender, and I loooove gender-benders where a girl is disguising herself as a boy...though they usually let the disguise slip WAY too early in the story for my taste.)

EDIT: OKay, guess it's done now, so here's a recap article of the presentation/announcements.
K8sMum
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

I watched a Play with Josh today on a game called Sally, which has a Kickstarter. It has farming, crafting, cooking with children on a flying ship. It looks beautiful, very Ghibli vibes. It's from a group in Montreal.

It's a long way out, looking at a 2025 release. If they clear $200,000 there will be a Switch version. Something to keep an eye on perhaps.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Nindie Showcase in 3 min.

Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

It looks like Kynseed will be hitting full release status on Steam in less than a month, on December 6th. (It's been in early access for 3 years now.)
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Pretty Princess Party is getting a sequel and it's an Animal Crossing clone.

https://www.gematsu.com/2022/11/pretty- ... for-switch

Hell yeah, I'll play the « Cow Poopoo » out of this.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Infinity Nikki looks like a game that might be for Bluie. I like customization as a frill, but really...give me a half a dozen choices on each feature for a character and I'm more or less content. I do love open-world, though, as it tends to mean I get to explore, and it'll be beautiful and outdoorsy.

Described as an 'open world dress-up adventure', I can't decide who this is marketed for. It's super girly, yet it looks big-budget. Nikki here seems like a magical girl. Her jumps have no muscular action at all, it's more like she's wafting up magically and floating to her next perch. Well, I'm curious enough to make note of it, anyway, will look in on it again when I know more about the gameplay :)

For me, Garden Life is looking pretty darned good. It's like a garden bokumono with super lush graphics. Maybe I'll be able to try it on Steam Deck in spring 2023? THough I'm not one for early access...maybe I wouldn't mind it for a game that isn't story driven, I'm not sure.

Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I certainly have my eye on Infinity Nikki, but it's a wait and see situation. I've never played the other Nikki games, which are all mobile gacha dress up doll sims. Their fandom is very dedicated though, like it sure wouldn't be such a big series if people weren't enjoying/paying for it. This evolution seems kinda sudden but I also get it. Genshin Impact (and Breath of the Wild obvs) have changed the gaming scene forever. Where 'anime open world' used to not exist in the slightest, it's now everywhere as everyone wants a slice of the pie. I do love exploring and character customization is always a plus in my book, but I'm also a heavily story/character driven person too. For now I don't expect too much from Infinity Nikki because I refuse to get hyped over game trailers any more as the last one that got me (DokeV) ended up in development hell. Until there's actual release dates these days I keep my expectations very low.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

More of a reminder than news...Kynseed hit 1.0 (aka: final release...though I'm pretty sure they have more they mean to add) two days ago. I already own this on Steam (as a 'piggybacker', of all things!) and it's 'verified' on Deck, so I could try it any time.

I probably will, soonish. If anyone wants to know more, you could check out a video review from Josh's Gaming Garden (used to be 'PlaywithJosh'...not sure when he changed his name.) You probably already knows him...a review-type streamer who does almost exclusively farming games and sims. If you want to save time, move to the last segment on the time bar. If you want to save even MORE time...he likes it quite a bit and found it to be very different from any other farm sim...all the many extra elements like family raising, shop-keeping, etc, seem to be quite unique and interesting.

The pixel art is very busy, imo...distracting, almost messy. I don't care for that, but I do like the colours and it's certainly unique looking. In spite of being pixel art, it doesn't look "Stardew Valley", let alone Harvest Moon...it looks more fantasy/fairytale, to me, in pixel style.

I wonder if it works well with controller via SteamDeck.
simside
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

I think I've seen some folks here who enjoyed the original, and probably the news has already spread, but there was a trailer for Hades 2! Very exciting! Looks like it's very similar to the first, which is great. I liked the original A Normal Amount, for sure.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/ ... g-a-sequel

There was other stuff at The Game Awards, which most folks probably already heard about (also pumped about the Castlevania content for Dead Cells, but I need to actually play that one first).

https://www.nintendolife.com/features/r ... nd-trailer

In less relevant news, the announcement that had me loosing my mind for a whole day was Diablo IV, which I wasn't expecting for at least another two years. It's scheduled to come out on my birthday next year, and what's more surprising, is that they lifted an NDA and a bunch of folks in a beta... liked it? It sounds vaguely like D3 but bigger, with some elements of POE and D2 coming back. I was surprised that folks liked it, as D3 is still super contentious, and D2R didn't seem well-received on release either. There are complainers (especially about the battle pass, which is cosmetics, and I'm not sure why you simply wouldn't buy that if you hated it), but I am unbelievably encouraged.

I could link the trailer, but it was just a cinematic, and starts with one of the angels walking across lava, which grossed me out a little. XD The heavenly host looks very impressive, though.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I didn't want to mention anything yesterday in case others still wanted to watch TGA for themselves, so left that announcement alone, but...yeah! I'm pretty interested, as Supergiant does freakishly charismatic characters and I know I'm going to end up charmed. Hades was great (finished by escaping, though I didn't actually complete the content by escaping 10 or 20 times, as you must to get the WHOLE story, iirc. The gameplay was good, but not enough to complete the whole run that many more times. For me.)

I didn't quite get if the gameplay is the same as in Hades or not...the constant re-runs of the same gauntlet (which were fascinatingly varied considering it was the same route and same bosses) or if it's something different. But then, I didn't actually watch TGA, I just read the announcements later :)

Also saw that there's going to be...I think a Celeste se...wait. No, was it a sequel, or just another game by the same people? I'm blanking on that detail, now. I'm thinking it must have been the latter.
simside
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

I didn't think about TGA announcements being spoilers until I saw the discussion in Now Playing after posting. ^_^; Hopefully I didn't ruin the fun for anyone. I didn't watch myself, just skimmed the announcements after.

The bits shown in the trailer for Hades 2 made it look pretty similar to the first, with a new protag and plot. I'd be very interested in that, even if they changed nothing about the gameplay.

My skimming was on the very light side, as I didn't dig deep enough to realize Earthblade was by the creator of Celeste. Looks fun, but isn't super-on my radar, as I still need to play Celeste and a few other similar games in my backlog. I've heard only great things about Celeste, so I'll probably be pretty pumped once I beat that.