PoOT Q&A

Poot Poot Poot! A mainline Bokumono game set in a resort town that wants to be more resort-y. Available for Nintendo Switch, Steam/PC, and Ps4/5. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Feb 2021. NA = Mar 2021. EU = Mar 2021.
HM Grammy
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Shan O 123 wrote:Not that I recall? Though it’s really easy to raise animal care IMO
Then there is something I am totally missing. My first 4 levels went really fast, but now raises about .1 each day with 9 animals. Everyday it isn't raining I let them outside to feed. Should I be keeping the troughs in the barn full of fodder?
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

That’s what I do but I don’t think it’s necessary
HM Grammy
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Shan O 123 wrote:That’s what I do but I don’t think it’s necessary
Well I will give it a whirl. There has to be something because the way things are going I won't reach the goal in time. I will post if I see a change.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Good luck!
HM Grammy
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

So actually it does seem to make a difference on rainy days. If the fodder is already in the trough the night before then they will have eaten before you get in there and most of my animals including the chickens had the smiley face thing going on when I went in. Sadly it seems it only helps on rainy days. My AC went up about .2 on the rainy day and back to the normal .1 on the sunny. I guess if I get enough rainy days it will add up.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

That’s a good thing to know.
HM Grammy
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Does keeping a pet affect the animal care stat?
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I think it’s possible. I have 3 golden retrievers lol
HM Grammy
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

So talked to the FOGU person answering questions and they indicated that the Pets do not effect Animal Care.

That being said, I have managed to reach animal care level 7 in the first spring and tamed the brown alpaca on day 23.
Spoiler:
It is basically a matter of money. Don't go for the big coop or barn, just purchase a second of each one as quickly as possible. I had 8 coop animals and 8 barn animals. All animals that I purchased, I would exit and look again after talking with someone until the animal I wanted came up Friendly personality then purchased. I have seen Youtube videos where it says to make sure the animal is let out before 5 but really it is before 6. They (for the most part) head back in at 7. If you want to speed the exit/entry of the animals just go thru a loading screen after ringing the bell (or 7pm) and they magically appear/disappear. I always reloaded from night before if at least 3 of the animals weren't showing an extra action. So make sure to save before going to sleep and get to sleep enough before 12 that your day isn't so short it is hard to get everything done. Definitely reloading is a must on Day 2 of spring when you only have 2 chickens and you want to hit level 2 that day (collect all medals to sell that you possibly can).
If anyone would like a more in depth review of what I did, let me know and I can post in a different thread. I tracked when I bought animals, coops, and barns. Also what visually it looked to me like my animal care stat was at when each day was concluded. Have fun playing and many thanks to everyone for helping.
MADHATTER
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

HM Grammy wrote:So talked to the FOGU person answering questions and they indicated that the Pets do not effect Animal Care.

That being said, I have managed to reach animal care level 7 in the first spring and tamed the brown alpaca on day 23.
Spoiler:
It is basically a matter of money. Don't go for the big coop or barn, just purchase a second of each one as quickly as possible. I had 8 coop animals and 8 barn animals. All animals that I purchased, I would exit and look again after talking with someone until the animal I wanted came up Friendly personality then purchased. I have seen Youtube videos where it says to make sure the animal is let out before 5 but really it is before 6. They (for the most part) head back in at 7. If you want to speed the exit/entry of the animals just go thru a loading screen after ringing the bell (or 7pm) and they magically appear/disappear. I always reloaded from night before if at least 3 of the animals weren't showing an extra action. So make sure to save before going to sleep and get to sleep enough before 12 that your day isn't so short it is hard to get everything done. Definitely reloading is a must on Day 2 of spring when you only have 2 chickens and you want to hit level 2 that day (collect all medals to sell that you possibly can).
If anyone would like a more in depth review of what I did, let me know and I can post in a different thread. I tracked when I bought animals, coops, and barns. Also what visually it looked to me like my animal care stat was at when each day was concluded. Have fun playing and many thanks to everyone for helping.
it's really cool that you managed to tame the brown alpaca because it was the one animal i couldn't get in my first year this playthrough lmao

i'll def bookmark this for my next one because seeing that little « Tulip » happily jumping around in the rain my lumber and ingot makers while i have a perfectly good barn with perfectly good space for it was infuriating sgldkj
HM Grammy
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

MADHATTER wrote: i'll def bookmark this for my next one because seeing that little « Tulip » happily jumping around in the rain my lumber and ingot makers while i have a perfectly good barn with perfectly good space for it was infuriating sgldkj
HA! HA! I know exactly what you mean! My first play of the game, I didn't even realize it disappeared at the beginning of Summer so I played until my stat was high enough and then went to tame it. I was very upset. So, of course, that became my goal. I believe I restarted playing until it was obvious I wasn't going to make it about 6 times. I was about to give up when I decided to review all the failures because I was so close! My final fail, my stat was at 6.5 on Spring 25 and I had filled the big coop and the big barn. Hence, the advice in the spoiler tab.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

HM Grammy wrote:So talked to the FOGU person answering questions and they indicated that the Pets do not effect Animal Care.

Spoiler:

i'd love a seperate post about the in-depth work of this :O
By extra action did you just mean like, smiley faces/brushes, or did like "Extra milk" count as an action too?
HM Grammy
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote: i'd love a seperate post about the in-depth work of this :O
By extra action did you just mean like, smiley faces/brushes, or did like "Extra milk" count as an action too?
Yes anything beyond just talking 1 time to the animal and getting only notes. Actually extra milk (where the the symbol for milking has little yellowish lines shooting out) is the easiest one to look for with the cows. I will create a thread with the title "diary: brown alpaca in first spring."
MADHATTER
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

how tf do i get the morpho butterfly and the bluebird to spawn

i moved my hydroculture plant up next to my farmhouse so there's plenty of space for flowers when i'm hunting for the butterfly and plenty of space for trees and growth when i'm hunting for the bird
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Hey folks! I just had a question about the dlc marriage candidates. I know they don't participate in the town events but do you still get a child with them?