Backlog 2022

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Thanks for the advice, shan :) I want help making if faster, though...she can help me dig up flowers and that's a second inventory to fill up to transfer things at double the rate. In advance I may go into my game and see if there's anything I would want to have catalogued from the beginning so I can buy it if I don't have it.

I'm not a Pokemon fan, actually. But I have been considering Arceus since it was revealed due to light BotW similarities in terms of exploration, and because there's more freedom in how you catch Pokemon without having to do it all via rock-paper-scizzors-style turn-based combat. It's probably not all that similar in any way to BotW, though. I'm aiming to buy fewer games this year, so the earliest I could see myself getting Arceus would be April, unless I'm having a bad time in March or late February and NEED an extra game or two. But I'll try to do with what I already have. I need to get back to my replay of sos1 and ANB and also Fantasy Life. 3ds games will work well for me, so it's a good option.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

At least you get to keep your dream address when you completely restart. You can go back to Windfall whenever you want.
Harvest Moon kawaii
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Currently playing:

Pokemon Legends Arceus (Switch)

Recently beat:

Pokemon Shining Pearl (Switch)

So, I ended up picking Rowlet as my starter and been playing since Day 1. I'm 13 hours in, and right after beating
Spoiler:
Hisuian Lilligant. I'm about to get a four-star rank as well.
The journey just to get to and find the second boss' arena was hard. It took me 2 hours just to get there. :oops: :o

I haven't played any more of The Expression Amrilato. Because, I've been busy playing Pokemon Legends Arceus and studying Japanese.

My payment for the pre-order I had for Egglia Rebirth went through. So, I have that to look forward to as well. But, after Pokemon Legends Arceus, I might play/continue The Expression Amrilato (for learning Esperanto), since I'm already 3 hours into it, or finish Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (on the Switch/the first game), since I have 20+ hours in that. Both games are unfinished.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Hope everyone dealing with ice is staying safe! Haven't had to deal with that in a looong time myself, it's « Snuggly Bunny » miserable. Stay warm, stay safe all!

--
Watched another stream of Arceus today. Streamer got really close to the end of the game today. I really hope Nintendo continues with this franchise, and selfishly I really hope they don't do DLC for this one. It needs some reworking, and I don't want to wait a decade for the next one to be better. :lol:

Haven't felt up to playing Builders 2 the last few mornings so I haven't put much time into games this week. The post-COVID brain fog is still lingering, so my brain is just... not working right. I've yet to feel like playing anything other than Builders or Genshin, but I'm hoping that the hype surrounding Elden Ring gets me. It will mean missing a LOT of streams, though, because every non art streamer I follow is picking it up... But I guess that's the price you pay for a good game.

Genshin livestream is tomorrow... and there's some weird « Cow Poopoo » going on with the English Genshin Twitter... they're following NFT accounts. If there's anything to make me drop that game immediately, NFTs are it. It would be dipping into... having your cake and eating it too territory. I kind of doubt they would but... Almost every major game developer these days seems to be thinking it's a good idea. Fear. :mrgreen:
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Hi guys! I've been busy with Pokemon Legends Arceus and it's the most fun I've had with a mainline Pokemon game in so long. It's the best mainline Pokemon game on the Switch, so not counting New Pokemon Snap or Pokemon Mystery Dungeon DX. I've finished the storyline and now I'm busy trying to catch them all.

Afterward, I'm moving on to play Life is Strange Remaster and Before the Storm Remaster. Waylanders also came out of early access, so I'll be giving that another try, but I have no hopes for it.

I also recently completed the Pokedex for Shining Pearl, so I don't have to touch that game again (I'm not a fan of Diamond and Pearl and the remaster didn't really offer anything new aside from the Grand Underground).

For me, this month is Life is Strange month; I've wanted an excuse to replay the entire series again and the remaster versions of the first game and BTS are reason enough. I'm also throwing in a replay of Tell Me Why because the game is pretty good.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Wait...what happened?

I really like Mount Fuji...the setting is really enjoyable to look at. But...I did a fight, not really paying attention...and got nearly 80,000 EXP from it. Uh? I didn't see any metal slimes in there! There were two or three of the liquid red slimes and one of those glowing lantern things, and two of those gloppy, muddy silvery hand things. Did I miss seeing a metal slime? I've never found another of the hands to fight...was it them?

Oh, found another! A 'hardy hand'. WHOA! It was that thing! One by itself gave me about 35,000 XP. This seems like a rather good place to grind. Particularly since the hardy hands don't seem to run away.

I don't know if I'll do the 3rd part of this game or not. I'm not very invested, but it's easy to play, and maybe what happens at the end of the 2nd part will be compelling. If it's not, I won't bother and just call it complete there.

EDIT: Uh, wait. What's going on in this story?
Spoiler:
Just got Tatsunaga the dragon to leave, everyone's going on about how they don't know why Miko betrayed them even though it killed her son. Um? Isn't it obvious that the dragon *is* her son? Or how to say...she's protecting it for her son, anyway. Like...didn't the game practically state that outright? Also, Miko's a let-down. When she bellowed a the kid and everyone jumped back and trembled, I was deeply unimpressed. Nothing about the woman is intimidating. If she's supposed to be powerful or scary, the game didn't do a job of showing that.
EDIT 2: Okay, saw the follow up bit, and I was right. But of course I was...she said it straight out loud when she stepped out. Why are all the villagers wondering 'why'? I like this story, though, even if I think it's written strangely in parts.

EDIT 3: Okay...got to what has to be the final dungeon of the second part of the game, after the ball dropped and Mr. Bluey stomped in (no relation to our Bluie!) I got REALLY sick of the inability save whenever you want, today. That isn't a feature I've ever done anything but hate, in any game, but what on earth is the excuse for it in this era? I never had to deal with that nonsense even as a grade-schooler. (I played on PC back then...King's Quest, Quest for Glory, Monkey Island and Torin's Passage...stuff like that.) I might not have minded, then, cuz I'd have had an excuse to say 'Just a little longer, I have to get to a save point, first!' if mom called me for something...but I'm way, way past that stage of life.

I don't have the strength left today to tackle another dungeon.
Last edited by Kikki on Feb 04, 2022 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yzafre
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Rolled the Act 2 credits for DQXI. Yay, we won! ...a lot of people are still dead. The credits scenes are sweet, though.

I'll probably put a pause on this one for a while before going into the post-game. I do want to play Act 3 again at some point - it's an interesting twist, and it's got some really fun content, but I've got some other games I want to play right now.

The Hardy Hands are some the best pre-post-game level grinding. You can spawn them pretty reliably at the Manglegrove Whale Way station. Despite telling myself I wasn't going to, I ended up spending an hour running around fighting them before facing the boss. I also took advantage of the "Electro Light" + "Dirge of Dundrasil" pep-power chain, though that works better in the post game when you have access to pep pips.

Now I need to finish up KH2, and I want to pick up P:LA. Just have to decide if I'm going to wait or not.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Ew, gross, I work eight days in a row because next week is the lead up to both the Super Bowl and Valentines day. At first I was angry, because yeah, this sucks, but I also get it. We're going to busy as hell and it's basically gonna be all hands on deck. Still though, incoming me being too tired to even pick up a controller or just dabbling in games instead of getting anything done.

Ice storm came and went and everyone was OK over here. I ended up grinding in Monster Hunter Rise and I'm now into the 7* hub quests, which means I'm close to the end of the plot line and I'll be unlocking Hunter Ranks soon. I'm really glad the online is insanely active atm. Everyone seems to be of the same mind to be gearing up for the expansion this summer. I do plan to completely finish all the quests eventually, because I do like the look of the big red checkmark on the menus, but not right now. I wonder what your HR is going to need to be to access the DLC? Hopefully they drop that info well before release so we can all be ready.

Welp, if I do end up still wanting to game after my grueling shifts, it'll probably be Samurai Warriors 5 as it doesn't require my brain whilst Monster Hunter certainly does. Ah, I also see that Egglia has predownloaded onto my Switch, so maybe I'll play that too.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I need a break from DQXI. I don't know how long a break, I just know I can't bring myself to pick it up again, today, even though I'm at the doors of the last dungeon (of Act 2.) I'm going to get back to it, but probably not this weekend. I can't deal with not being able to save and quit whenever I want; knowing I always have to get myself to a save point to be able to quit makes me not want to start at all. It turns the game into a chore.

Made my list of what I have to take with me on February 15th, which settled me a bit, because it's a fairly easy list of stuff to throw into the car. I do need to spend a bit of time tidying my parents unused secondary living room and totally abandoned upstairs next week, to have it ready to actually be lived in. At home I need to clean out the fridge before I go, because my sister would let things all go to mushy mold in there and I'd have to deal with it whenever I was back. :mrgreen: Meanwhile! I decided I need to go back into ACNH to take stock of the inventories of my 4 characters, write down anything I really, really want to transfer to my new game, and take pictures of my favourite rooms and locations in Windfall before I get around to actually starting the transfer, deletion, and recreation process.

I'm actually pretty interested to see what the ACNH experience is like, COMPLETE FROM THE BEGINNING with all the 2.0 and HHP stuff already in there. I wonder how it will all unfold when I restart. Is any of the new stuff there from the very beginning? That alone is a good reason to restart an island, for me. I could look it up, of course, but that's not fun. I'd rather see it happen myself. Anyway I find I have no fondness for my player character, Alizée, though I did love the name Windfall and the whole 'wind' theme I had going. I haven't decided what type of character to make, this time.

Gonna go into ACNH today, then, and make lists and take pictures (and time travel back to get the zodiac tiger thing from New Years). And clean my RL refrigerator, closet and dresser, yay, extra fun.
simside
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Got a good bit of progress in Portia today, which is great. I hit a bit of a lull where no new quests were spawning. It took me an eternity to complete two quests that required a lot of bronze stuff, but after that, someone poisoned the water hole, and I was suddenly fighting panbats and getting upgrades for my makers and everything else.

I need more furnaces BAD. I cannot smelt enough copper/bronze/iron. I couldn't gather/buy enough wood to keep three going, but I just figured out I could mow all the bushes periodically and get hundreds. So another civil furnace is next on my crafting list, followed by a couple more Dee Dee stops (so much bronze...), and hopefully some sort of property upgrade. Then, figuring out the poison.

I'm weirdly into the Diablo 3 season this time around. I started doing challenge rifts, which is a sign I've lost control. I'm getting to the point where grinding bounties/rifts is much faster, though I still need most of the equipment for my build, still haven't reached a level 25 gem, etc.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

*WHEW!*

Man, that took many, maaaaaaaaany hours! But I have finally finished with Windfall.
Spoiler:
I cleared everything outdoors and put it in inventory. Adding together all the inventory in the game, I had about 3000-3500 items in all. I pared through it and sold as much as I could. Anything I didn't like or knew I wouldn't use, I sold. Also, anything easy to replace (can be ordered and isn't high-priced) was also sold. It took forever just to sell! But in the process of cleaning up the inventories, I made about 3.5 million bells, and ended up moving 1400 items by transferring my three non-rep player characters over to Gardenia, their houses and inventories and accounts moving with them. Moved all of my reps money and goods to them first and then shot them over to Gardenia as quickly as I could, but wow...that was very laborious. Alizée, the Easy-Breezy Floaty Thing, is dead, now. Had her running around in her undies for hours moving stuff (she gave all her clothes and money away!) with only 70 NM and 53 bells to her name. (I even cashed out her poki!)

At the end, I only have to make one extra trip with my rep, carrying a bunch of hybrids (which can't go into storage, pooh!) Gardenia is now heavily laden with goodies and pretty decent catalogues to order from, if my NEW island on my main switch needs them. Though I'm saving the new beginning for Feb 15th. For now, my switch is without any ACNH island at all.

I think I want mums as my native flower, so I'll set my new rep's birthdate to October. I'm planning to reset a lot to get as much of what I want as I can. I'll take any colour but the orangey red for the airport (yellow or blue would be best), and any fruit but apple or cherry. The real key is in getting the best town hall and river inlet layout. I may have to settle for whatever flower or fruit or airport I get when I finally secure a layout with the best unalterable landscape settings.
Next-day EDIT: It's hard to resist starting up my new town. Today will be the hardest day to resist, as this is probably my last day at home not feeling busy or rushed...I'll be getting ready for my little move starting tomorrow. But I need to keep it as a reward or incentive for doing something I really don't want to do, lol. The very beginning is the best part of all, so...need to leave it for later.
yzafre
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I picked up Legends Arceus over the weekend - it's very fun. I've especially been appreciating it after IRL stuff picked up some paperwork that's been stressing me out. P:LA has very engaging gameplay without the emotional investment I put into something like Kingdom Hearts, which is what I need to distract myself right now. I'll get back to KH2 once everything is squared away; in the meantime, P:LA will eat up all my hours. :lol:
Daikon boy
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I finished legends arceus, but I still have post game stuff to finish up which I'm going to do later. Really liked the game and excited to do the post game but I'm saving it for now. Planning on picking up Pmd gates to infinity again soon since I put that down to play legends. Also planning on finishing cold steel 2 and hopefully I will be able to finish Dragon quest sometime soon.

On the other hand I probably dislocated my toe (possibly toes) by wearing a sock that was too tight, which is about par for the course. toes definitely messed up and not right, but it already seems to be getting a little better so it's probably just a dislocation/sublocation at least. Games are good for keeping off your feet at least.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Hooo boi, am I beat. Just one more day and I have a day off. Really only found the strength to do a few runs in Monster Prom, because it has a sequel soon and Ima buy it, so I'd like to play the first game a lil bit more. Might have to look up a guide because MAN I AM BAD AT MAKING THE RIGHT CHOICES.
Simply Unknown
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Bluie wrote:Hooo boi, am I beat. Just one more day and I have a day off. Really only found the strength to do a few runs in Monster Prom, because it has a sequel soon and Ima buy it, so I'd like to play the first game a lil bit more. Might have to look up a guide because MAN I AM BAD AT MAKING THE RIGHT CHOICES.
Guides aren't always helpful with Monster Prom; the right answers depend a lot on what your stats are, and the right answer is which one is higher for you. It's mainly about failing, remembering which stat that answer used, and then using it again in a separate run. Also, the sequel Monster Camp has been out for a while, unless you're talking about a new one? I haven't played in a while.

Still picking my way through the post-game of Pokemon Legends: Arceus. Found a third shiny today, which was awesome, and just trying to fill out the Pokedex before I continue the story. I don't normally stick around for post-game for Pokemon games, but I am for this one which I think says a lot about my enjoyment. I'll also be looking into another playthrough of Our Life this weekend so I can do the new wedding DLC that came out. That's going to be fun!