Backlog 2022

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote: Jun 15, 2022 6:41 pm I don't know which Lucas event it is, but the big dodo is doing magic tricks for the kids and having no common sense, he goes along with anything they want and ends up causing Yuki to fall down and hurt her ankle. No malice...he's just an idiot who can't think things through, as it seems to me so far. (I know Lucas' secret already. I looked it up trying to see if it'd be something great that'd make me want to persist with him, but it didn't make me like him at all.) That's as far in as I am. I doubt I'll come to hate him, but I know I won't come to like him, unless he suddenly grows a brain. But even then, he's unattractive to boot. He looks like Alice's tired old grandpa. When I say I want older candidates, I never meant OLD. I was hoping for mature-looking and -acting characters, who give the impression that they're about 25-35, as opposed to what it more commonly feels like...that they're 15-20. But Lucas seems like he's in his 50s or 60s. No likey! I've been hit on by grandpas enough that it just gives me the willies.

Yeah, don't enjoy Lucas, lol. I don't think I'll be angered by whatever he does, though...I've already rolled my eyes about him so much that I can't bring myself to care about anything he does.

I feel like I may never actually finish RF5. If I do, it'll be by willpower.
At the rate I’m at I’ll never unlock Lucas. I was never interested in him but do you mind messaging me that secret of his? I’m curious now
Somerandom
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote: Jun 15, 2022 6:41 pm I don't know which Lucas event it is, but the big dodo is doing magic tricks for the kids and having no common sense, he goes along with anything they want and ends up causing Yuki to fall down and hurt her ankle. No malice...he's just an idiot who can't think things through, as it seems to me so far.
Yeah, this is the event I was talking about. It gets worse. I honestly don’t want to tell you what happens because I think you should experience it for yourself rather than listen to me rant about Lucas.

But if you want to quit RF5, you can at anytime. Don’t make yourself play through it if you aren’t in the mood to play it.

I think I said this before but Marvelous is kinda bad at creating older candidates. Klaus and Soseki constantly complained about how old they were when the player dated them, Carter and Griffin were a lot older than the player character, Marlin was ok but had a serious crush on Celia. I think they should focus on maturity, intelligence and class. It would be cool if the older bachelor was a professor or a doctor or something like that. Maybe they could take some inspiration from professor Layton, he is an intelligent gentleman or maybe make him like the professor in Octopath traveller (I forget his name). They should make them look older but not too old so they can still fit in the group of the younger men without looking awkward. I want there to be older options for players like everyone else, but I want them to be a good character in their own right and not just checking off the older candidate box.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm not too worried about it since I already don't care about Lucas.

But I never wanted older candidates to mean candidates who are middle-aged or older. I've always just wanted candidates who didn't seem like KIDS. Trio's cast was pretty good...Ford was quite decent for an 'older' candidate since very little mention was even made of his age. And even though they're young, Ludus, Yuzuki and Wayne do still seem like adults who've passed the awkward stage.
Spoiler:
Basically...just no more all-teenage-seeming casts, please, and for an 'older' one to seem maybe twenty-one or so, like someone just freshly out of the teenage years and barely settling into adult ways. I want someone who has some experience with being an adult, but I don't need (or want) them to have grey hair and fatigue lines or wrinkles. Give me a candidate about 28-32, ideally, who never mentions being 'so old' (because they are NOT...you're in great shape at that age!) or talks about age at all. Don't make age a thing, jeepers. Sure, show that they're experienced and/or mature in their personality, but I don't need to hear talk about aches and pains, or discomfort about an age gap.

Someone starting their own farm would almost never be a kid like the MC of these games supposedly is anyway. AND the gamer world is very different than it was 25 years ago, because those of us who were playing then...a lot of us are still playing NOW, and it's much more common for people in their 30s and 40s to become gamers for the first time now, too, than it once was. There is nowhere near the heavily weighted kid-and-teenager market that there used to be...there are tons of gamers in their thirties and forties. They need to update their thinking and give a more balanced range of candidates, imo. Thinking 'one needs to be old!' is a very superficial and unsatisfying way to try to do that. Well...at least they made an attempt, though, I guess. And there'll always be fans of every candidate. No matter how much I hate one of them, that one will be the all-time favourite of others, sometimes even for the very thing you hate them over.

Ideally I don't want it to be about age at all. I just want more candidates to come across as mature. Maturity comes in many flavours, so there's plenty of directions to come at it from!
I haven't been playing RF5 at all, so no worries there. Yesterday was the first time I've managed to open it in about a month, and I quit again after about five or ten minutes, lol. I really wish you could avoid triggering all of these events just by walking near a certain area (which you may NEED to go to, to buy something or etc). They make it so burdensome to try for an event you actually want. This is barely any better than RF4's random events. Well, maybe I'll try to continue whatever story section I was on. Maybe that'll draw me back in? I can try it and see. If not, it's probably hopeless and I'll just have to drop it since I can't seem to dredge up any interest even though I have a festival today AND a character event ongoing.

I'm looking at my moderate list of games that have yet to be completed, and not a one is appealing, right now. I could tootle around a bit with Egglia. And it might be possible to get into Torchlight III. For some reason, dungeon-crawlers of that type (anything that reminds me of FATE from 2005) are games I tend to be able to get into pretty quickly. I feel like a dungeon crawler doesn't suit summer, though! I'd rather play it in late fall or even winter.
simside
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

I feel a little bad for disliking RF5 at the endgame, as I suspect I’d love it a lot more if I hadn’t completed most of the content in RF4S just a year ago. But the town events are a litany of nothing at this point… sometimes amusing, but mostly just reinforcing the same generic tropes and not building the characters. I still like Ludmila, but most of the other marriage candidates have slid from my mind.

I’m a little afraid of just beating the storyline, because I will probably quit after that, and I am very close to completing all quests and would like to marry. But I just don’t think the game is rewarding enough for that. Even the farming takes an eternity without seasonal fields.

—-

I DID play RF5 yesterday! I also played the beginning of act 4 in Titan Quest, which was so terrible I almost quit. The stingy drops have me way behind the enemies right now, and this part had several ENORMOUS areas that had no stopping place and took hours to complete. Big open fields branching into big open fields, the kind of thing where you’d have to replay significant portions if you stopped, and it would take another eternity to bring down the simple enemies. Ugh. I hope the rest of the act is different.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I've got a hankering to replay Cold Steel I. I think it'd be my fifth replay, lol. Fourth at least. It makes me a bit sad that I so strongly prefer CS I and II to III and IV, but I vastly preferred the focus on the friendships of the original Class VII, using them (and he player) to let the different factions come to see each others' reality, as opposed to the broader story focus in III and IV. Rean LOOKED way better in III and IV, but that's not enough to go on, lol.

But that I and II are my clear favourites makes the Legend of Heroes series as a whole less dear to me. It seems like my love really is for those two games, not the series. I LIKE the series, a lot, but I only love CS I and II. It's probably a good thing I'm not champing at the bit for Reverie or Kuro, given how long Trails games always take to make it west, but... I wish I were. I wish I wanted them as much as I wanted II after finishing I.

If I'd played it fifteen years ago, and before Cold Steel, I probably would have loved Sky I and II, too. (I never would have liked 3rd, though.) I think the story was better in Sky. More concise, better flow, more punchy, etc. Well, anyway! This is my replay year, so I might as well go through CS I again if I want to. Better than buying something new right now. Somnium Files is up in ten more days. IT won't last me all the way through until XC3, but I'll want to play II after I, so...probably I can fill blank game spots with those.

I'll try to see if I can dredge up any interest in RF5 first, though.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Daikon boy wrote: Jun 14, 2022 9:23 pm Anyways, I beat the boss
Spoiler:
Tiamat, after spending maybe two hours leveling up and grinding points. I needed to do a lot with tech attacks and ether and skills, like getting the team up to skill level 3 so I could extract the skill to block confusion on all of them. I had involuntarily left the game off in the encephalon before so it felt like a lot longer by the time I was able to come back and finish it, only to lose the boss fight when I got through it all.
Aaah I remember them. The "do you know how to play the game" body check. :shock: Good in theory, frustrating in practice. Congrats on getting through it, though! Got some good story left as reward. :)

--
I am absolutely terrible at letting games slip away when I don't play them regularly, so I played Elden Ring tonight to keep it in the rotation. I was a lot closer to the end of another dungeon than I thought. And got absolutely bodied by the boss there. Luckily it's this game, so I can just duck out and go do other things.

Gonna play through as much of what's left of the game as I can with my current build, just because I enjoy it, and if I can't get through the rest of these terrible bosses, I'll look for a 'broken' build to respec to for the rest of the game. Shame that it has to be that way. I guess it depends on how much (if any) actual content I'm blocked off from. At some point there's no reason not to be just as unfair back to the game as it's being to you, I guess? :?

Ah, well. Blender time!
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Gonna finish my second Crimson Flower playthrough today. I have 3 chapters left, so 3 more battles. I also have two more support levels to grind for Jeritza and then I'll have finished his whole list. Just need A with Constance and Bernie. Using all of Abyss' features has full on drained my Renown, only allowing me to lock one support into their happy ending (BalthusXLysethia) while the rest of them I'm leaving up to fate. I'm not aiming for any particular endings, but I just wanted to see what the new characters had to offer more than pairing them off (though I really enjoyed BalthusXLysethia for lore and they cute). I don't even know who I want to pair Byleth with. I've done Hanneman, Manuela, Dedue, and Rhea in my previous playthroughs, because they're my faves, but none of the new characters really entice me at all. At first I thought I'd go for Jeritza, but he is way not my type and honestly his supports are much better outside of his with Byleth where all he wants to do is get stabby. I'll probably just pick Sothis lmao (though IDK if she's actually an option in this route, I've forgotten).

After that I think I'm gonna go all in on Yokai Watch. Language barrier aside, it's still as fun as it was when I first played it years ago. regardless, today will prove to be a nice relaxing gaming session.
Daikon boy
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

@miko

Yeah. I needed to grind for a lot of points to be ready for it but it was much better once I fixed some of the things I'd been neglecting in favor of other stuff. Really glad I got past it the second try too, because I really just want to keep playing the game.

I was playing cold steel 2 in the finale dungeon and the game crashed on my PS4 while I was in the middle of a boss fight...
Spoiler:
Fighting McBurn in the castle...I had got his hp down to under half and then I got an "error has occurred" message and I have to do it all over again I guess. I wanted to finish the finale today too, but now I don't think I will.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Annnd done. A Three Houses playthrough goes by really fast in NG+ when you're not bothering to grind materials and renown. I did lose two relic weapons in the final fight because I had none of said materials to repair them. I did gain another from an enemy drop so it worked out eventually. Paired endings were all really cute and yep, Sothis was available. Cassandra Lee Morris went so ham on the confession delivery she let out Morgana lmaoooo. So that's a total of five Fire Emblem Three Houses playthroughs under my belt now. I don't know if I'll have the motivation any time soon to do another (especially since the new game leaks are looking to be more real), but I do adore this game. One of the few things I haven't done in it is all the support logs. Each character has a handful I've yet to see, so if I do ever go back, I have something to work towards. Anyways, I'm ready for Three Hopes. It preloaded yesterday and I definitely let out a fangirl squeak seeing the two games next to each other.

And since I've been in such a Fire Emblem mood lately, I redownloaded Fire Emblem Heroes. I stopped playing around the time the subscription service dropped and they were being really pushy about it. Used to play the game daily, grinded events and other gacha stuff, but on top of the subscription service, I was finding the story really lack luster. Books 1-3 were fine, but book 4 was so incredibly boring. I just finished book 5 yesterday and it was kinda ok, liked the villain. Book 6 is the current content and I haven't started it yet, but I know the fandom really simps for the new girl. Surprisingly, my team that I left was still good enough to get through Lunatic stages. The power creep is BAD in this game, which is why I'll never get any better in PVP because it requires specific units to get anywhere. Getting Shez and Arval in the game is an inevitability at this point and I'll probably pull for them when they drop. Wow, it just hit me, there's going to be another wave of Three Houses content now that they all have new outfits. Hoo boy.
Mabbie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm a huge LEGO games fan, so I've been buying some games and trying to get them to 100%. Just finished Jurassic World, that have been around my Steam account for ages, and only now that my son's a little more independent that I can have some time for myself and play a little bit.
Started playing the LEGO Batman series, but I don't know. Bought Kakarot and it just didn't get my attention the way I thought it would get....
And then got back to SoS.
I also play The Sims 4 with my son.

A hot mess. Playing a little bit of everything.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm playing a bit of ACNH, for some reason. It's a game that's nice to just let run for a few hours in the background even if you don't actually DO anything...like having a whole other backyard in another dimension that you step through to from your TV. I hadn't even caught 20 types of fish yet, lol...forgot I was still quite early on, even though I got 3-stars very quickly. (Those 110 flowering shrubs and all 5 fruit trees, plus all 10 villagers and lots of inclines and stairs, probably shot the rating up right away.)

I'm not really trying to DO anything. I'd like to get carrots, most of all. For some reason they've never shown up...I have every other crop, AND a space ready for the carrots to go into. Kabuki is minding the farm. He's even got a big wheat field, half ripe, with a dozer mowing down the grains that're ready...it looks quite nice, though in a very straight-forward way. I absolutely cannot stand cluttered and/or convoluted layouts, where you never know how to get around and are continually running into obstacles. Saw a YouTube video this morning of a desert town that LOOKED great, but that I hated, because you could only make it about three steps before you ran into something you had to jump over or find a way around. I like to be able to gun it straight from one area to another, no snaking about every-which-way to get around furniture, water and cliffs or ditches.

In this new file I've done 20 houses for HHP. I could buckle down and hurry through 10 more to unlock the rest of the good stuff. (Though there's more beyond that to unlock...just nothing important, imo.)

Dunno what I'm doing! MIGHT end up going over to my mom's to entertain some teenagers. I'm not social, and yet I seem to be the one people turn to, to entertain children and teens. I assume because I have the biggest library of video games and am the best at transporting them around willy-nilly.

Oh, and I have Cloud Gardens. Always wanted it. Turns out it's a bit boring, but hey, I do like making greenery grow. I DON'T like providing gross junk to stimulate it, though! IRL, y'know...you can't encourage lupins or vines to grow over pop cans, old tires, pylons, or dilapidated, abandoned vehicles. Not without soil!

EDIT: Why is Tangy so great? All peppies are the same, and yet, she says so many more cute and fun things than any other peppy I've ever had. Must just be that her RNG rolls right, for me, but it definitely makes me more fond of her than I otherwise would be.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote: Jun 18, 2022 10:41 am I'm playing a bit of ACNH, for some reason. It's a game that's nice to just let run for a few hours in the background even if you don't actually DO anything...like having a whole other backyard in another dimension that you step through to from your TV. I hadn't even caught 20 types of fish yet, lol...forgot I was still quite early on, even though I got 3-stars very quickly. (Those 110 flowering shrubs and all 5 fruit trees, plus all 10 villagers and lots of inclines and stairs, probably shot the rating up right away.)

I'm not really trying to DO anything. I'd like to get carrots, most of all. For some reason they've never shown up...I have every other crop, AND a space ready for the carrots to go into. Kabuki is minding the farm. He's even got a big wheat field, half ripe, with a dozer mowing down the grains that're ready...it looks quite nice, though in a very straight-forward way. I absolutely cannot stand cluttered and/or convoluted layouts, where you never know how to get around and are continually running into obstacles. Saw a YouTube video this morning of a desert town that LOOKED great, but that I hated, because you could only make it about three steps before you ran into something you had to jump over or find a way around. I like to be able to gun it straight from one area to another, no snaking about every-which-way to get around furniture, water and cliffs or ditches.

In this new file I've done 20 houses for HHP. I could buckle down and hurry through 10 more to unlock the rest of the good stuff. (Though there's more beyond that to unlock...just nothing important, imo.)

Dunno what I'm doing! MIGHT end up going over to my mom's to entertain some teenagers. I'm not social, and yet I seem to be the one people turn to, to entertain children and teens. I assume because I have the biggest library of video games and am the best at transporting them around willy-nilly.

Oh, and I have Cloud Gardens. Always wanted it. Turns out it's a bit boring, but hey, I do like making greenery grow. I DON'T like providing gross junk to stimulate it, though! IRL, y'know...you can't encourage lupins or vines to grow over pop cans, old tires, pylons, or dilapidated, abandoned vehicles. Not without soil!

EDIT: Why is Tangy so great? All peppies are the same, and yet, she says so many more cute and fun things than any other peppy I've ever had. Must just be that her RNG rolls right, for me, but it definitely makes me more fond of her than I otherwise would be.
I can give you carrots?

……

Playing PoOT again and playing as a guy made me appreciate Neil more. Odd, but cool it works.
FarmingForDaysMan
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

I haven’t played ACNH in a while. I should play soon; I can imagine that there are weeds everywhere. :’) I’ll overcome my fear of the frickity frackity scorpions (typically, I do most of my gaming at night). >:0

Let’s see….I’m still playing Apollo Justice, and I’m still in the first part of the trial in the third case. My friends, it absolutely shocked me when it was revealed that
Spoiler:
Lamiroir is blind, and that Machi can actually see.
I’m going to be so lost when I don’t have another Ace Attorney game to play :lol:

In other random gaming news, I was extremely bored yesterday so I decided to redownload Minecraft. I played it for a few minutes before deciding to delete it again. It was making my iPad laggy, and I realized that I was just adding another distraction to myself
Spoiler:
(For about a month now, I’ve been working on “taking inventory” of all of the embroidery/cross stitch thread that I have in my house. Perhaps it’s an OCD thing, but I do want to know what I have. I’m hoping that in the future I’ll be open to start my own Etsy business and sell the things that I cross stitch, along with other things.)
I redownloaded Candy Crush and played it for a couple of hours last night. I played some more this morning, and I had reached a level past 150. It’s so addicting :( I decided to delete it this afternoon because, as with Minecraft, it would have been a major distraction.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote: Jun 18, 2022 10:41 amEDIT: Why is Tangy so great? All peppies are the same, and yet, she says so many more cute and fun things than any other peppy I've ever had. Must just be that her RNG rolls right, for me, but it definitely makes me more fond of her than I otherwise would be.
This is me with Frita. Same sisterly personality as the rest of them, but the lines coming from her make it all the better. Something about a fast food themed sheep looking out for me is hilarious and I'm very attached to her.

-----

Weeeeelp, the beginning of my 2022 gaming march begings with week. Fire Emblem Three Hopes is out on the 24th, and then I have Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak on the 30th. I highly doubt I'll get through all of Three Hopes in 6 days, so I'll be playing them both at the same time and taking turns. In the time I have before They both drop, I'll be working on vanilla MHR to see if I can fully finish the hub quests. I have the bare minimum to unlock Sunbreak, but I still have yet to go back and finish the plot.

July 19th has Stray, September 9th has Splatoon 3, and then I have nothing until Pokemon Scarlet&Violet release on November 18th. There is time to play all of these, I'm not overloading myself. Games like Xenoblade Chronicles 3 I'll save until I've hit a drought and have time/motivation to tackle big JRPGs again.

Man, when I finish one of the new Pokemon games later this year, I'll have played a total of FOUR mainline Pokemon games in 2022. I am no longer able to deny my Pokemon obsession when people tease me.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Shan O 123 wrote: Jun 18, 2022 7:26 pm I can give you carrots?
Thanks :) I don't think you can, though; I scrapped my first town, Windfall, and started this new on, Wodewyrd, on my main Switch. I think we'd have to re-friend, in-game. Not sure, but I think so. Alizée no longer exists.

Bluie wrote: Jun 19, 2022 4:08 am
Kikki wrote: Jun 18, 2022 10:41 amEDIT: Why is Tangy so great? All peppies are the same, and yet, she says so many more cute and fun things than any other peppy I've ever had. Must just be that her RNG rolls right, for me, but it definitely makes me more fond of her than I otherwise would be.
This is me with Frita. Same sisterly personality as the rest of them, but the lines coming from her make it all the better. Something about a fast food themed sheep looking out for me is hilarious and I'm very attached to her.
I don't know what does it, why Tangy says so many adorable lines that I've never heard any other Peppy say, but I think she's my all-time favourite villager. I do also really like 'Lazy' types, they're almost all really cute, but they ALL say equally adorable things all the time, so far. I haven't noticed any of the many lazy villagers I've had saying exceptionally cute and fun things, more than their brethren. But Tangy DOES. I don't know how that works, lol. Somehow, I must just have really good luck with Tangy.

~

Well, I'm at 24 HHP houses, so I am now doing the __________ (facility.) I know there are quite a few MORE unlocks past 30 houses, but for some reason, a LOT of players seem to think all progress stops at 30. Maybe because a lot only play until they unlock the ability to redesign villager houses. You actually get three more pay increases (or two, not sure how it works...but you can get up to 40,000 poki per job.) and you unlock a whole other set of 8 soundscapes, you unlock one more design feature that works not only with HHP but also on your main island (beyond the ability to design villager houses, I mean!), you can expand at least two (maybe three?) of the existing facilities to have another wing or floor...a fair bit of stuff, anyway!