Backlog 2022

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

To my complete disgust, The Forgotten Lands was designed for touchscreen. Meaning: you have to play it in handheld if you want a good score. It's playable by controller, but you'll never get a good result in the portions that are timed. I wouldn't have bought it at all if I'd known that. :? Oh well, just over $4 with tax, not an expensive mistake. (I really can't be bothered with playing games via touchscreen. A major reason why mobile gaming can never win me over.)

No new sales have cropped up on my wishlist yet, so today doesn't appear to be a sale-starting day, if there is such a thing. I'm trying to keep track of exactly when games go on sale to see if there's any kind of schedule or if which/when/why is totally random.

Not a great day, today. Good luck yesterday, bad luck today that undid the previous good. What can you do? *shrug*
Somerandom
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Ugh, new consoles that aren’t the Nintendo switch are so expensive! I would have liked to have tried a couple of games on one of them but I don’t think I will even consider buying one for a couple of years.

I am interested in the new farming games coming out and have seen the special edition of RF3 for switch and wow they are making so many special editions! I’ll probably just buy the game as I have no real nostalgia for or connection to the characters like I do RF4.

I am starting my no marriage playthrough of HM ToT and it’s pretty fun so far. I also won’t do the rival marriages as well, so I’ll just be befriending the non marriagables, the candidates without rivals and my own animals in order to reach later requirements within the game.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Playing the Doraemon demo (the current/new game, not the last one) and as before, it's very easy on the eyes and operates nicely. Too bad I just can't stand the Doraemon characters. Noby and Doraemon are so unbelievably derpy-looking, I can't stand seeing them, and I'm not interested in child MCs even when they have a good design. It was nice how easy it was to fill many of the goals, though. The way they start you off after the intro is already over and you have better stuff than you could normally have that early on is really efficient for letting you see a good cross-section of gameplay. I got to clear almost all of the first big field AND buy all three animals using the money given to me for finishing goals prior to that. So you can try all the basics out pretty well. Also got to see how hanging out with companions works. Each character will help you with different things. Doraemon will water all the seeds you plant, for example. For at least two hours, I think? I didn't have enough seeds to test out the limit of the helper stamina.

If you like the characters (or at least don't mind them) and love farming and a sense of community in your games, I think you'd love the Doraemon SoS games, but...not for me! Though I do like the mechanics, and love the graphics. If only this was a real farming-life-sim with an MC you create yourself, not a Doraemon game where the MC is Noby.

Not sure if I'm going to finish the demo or not when it's so clearly not for me since I couldn't care less what story is to happen to Noby or Doraemon, but I do like the mechanics, and there's a decent to-do list in here...I could go ahead and finish it.

~

All the ICF is up at my sisters' house-to-be, as of today. Helped her finish the last bricks myself! The foundation is well set and as long as inspection is passed tomorrow, the wall forms will be filled with concrete on Tuesday, and then they can get on with the plumbing/radiant-heating system/concrete floor and roof trusses. When I left this afternoon, baby sis and I had put up all the scaffolding that we could and the framework for the rest was going up. It'd probably be done in an hour or so, and from there the rebar can be more easily laid (we started on that but couldn't see in over top, so it was too difficult to continue) and then the concrete can be poured, and that's that for the walls :D

Waiting on sales until the end of November. If none crop up on games I really want, I may buy a couple of them at full price, since I have half a dozen casual games (like memory matching stuff) that aren't very expensive even undiscounted. But it's more fun to get your wishlist on a good sale.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

FINALLY got my Electro Glider in Genshin. Bye-bye Inazuma! If Pokemon wasn't coming out so soon I'd hit the treasure hunting again, but for now I'm gonna play the current Fungi event and then move onto something else. It'll probably be Splatoon 3 because the Splatfest renewed my joy in the game. I had actual fun this time around with a win/loss ratio of 19/18. Of course that isn't fantastic all things considered, but regardless, it was fun, I had fun, and then I went back into Story mode and cleared out another area. I'm in the last area now and getting close to the finale. I probably play both of these tomorrow as I donated a shift to a coworker (poor boy needs to eat and they keep only giving him one shift because of the holiday crunch) and then IDK, Caravan Stories or FFXIV to fill up time or I'll binge another anime.

Weather right now is perfect for staying indoors and cozying under a blanket with video games. Cannot wait for Friday!
simside
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

I've been kinda getting into Chronicles of Tal'dun, which I play for a couple hours in the morning on weekends. It's a VN with a kind of cyclical story that leads you into the next playthrough, and slowly reveals an overall plot. It's a little impenetrable at the beginning (lots of fantasy worldbuilding infodump), but I liked it after I started to play more. I'm surprised how many branches lead you into massive sections of story you've never seen before.

Not as into Moonlighter, which has been infuriating. I am too old for "figure out the quirky systems through trial and error," and while this game seems popular, I didn't see a lot of strategies for how to beat the dungeon. I finally got to the boss, but the equipment feels so terrible that I'm not sure how you're supposed to beat it without a lucky drop or a ton of money for enchantments. I'm about to go the latter route, which feels pointless for equipment this bad, but I haven't seen any weapons to upgrade in the dungeon, ever, so.

I've almost exclusively been playing P5R, including during free time I don't have. I was hoping I could beat it before Pokemon came out, but I'll probably be playing both at once. I'm through the third palace, and about 50 hours in. This one seems a lot more... cutscene-y than the other Personas I've played. I feel like I'm only making choices as to what I want to watch next, and the dungeon isn't as frequent or challenging. I'm still ridiculously into it, but I could see getting burned out on the cutscenes.

Then, Pokemon! Looking forward to that!
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

On Day 2 of the Doraemon demo, I mistook the shipping bin for the storage. (No matter how much I look at it, the huge thing looks like it should be for storage and the smaller one for shipping!) So I'm going to start it again. Eventually. Not sure why, since I've currently got no intention of buying the game...but the farming was cute.

Today I did some ridiculous things IRL...so ridiculous I thought I was being pranked (though I knew that wasn't possible.) I'm worn out now, lol. Problem still isn't fixed but I'm hoping tomorrow will see things straightened out. Cement pour got delayed due to covid (at the cement place), too. I was all over the place...and forgot to get my hibernal fabric to put next year's perennials to bed for the winter. Will have to get that done tomorrow, after the dentist.

I was already just into the post-game of DQB2, so I left the game running and in between other stuff, I got the ultimallet and the easter-eggy 3-star Falcon Blade, plus my beloved Fur Coat (I could have gotten it a chapter earlier but I hate exploring when I can't have my buddy along!) and I recruited all the Malhalla folks. Made a buildertopia and will be sending all of my animals there as soon as I can set up a farm. They're wasting resident space on my island.

Am well into post-game now, not far off getting all the Tablet Targets done and getting the buildnoculars (which I never use, lol.) Will eventually be sending all residents back to populate their hometowns, and will recruit from Builders' Best sites to fill my island and my buildertopias. I managed to snatch a blueprint of the Ark before it did its thing, so I can make a new ********, as well. Too bad the characters don't talk much when in a buildertopia...no actual dialogue at all. Maybe I should keep just those guys on my island...park them in the ocean somewhere. I'm going to go back to each continent and upgrade anything I left unfinished or didn't have the best materials for, at that point in the story. Am also finally going to register ALL room and food recipes. I always get a lot of them, but never checked off every single one...it's a long process! But DQB2 is my comfort game (1 of 2.) I can basically play it forever and never get bored or stressed. The cozy feeling of wallowing in a familiar old favourite is making me want to play XCX again as well. But it doesn't take all that much to make me want to play XCX again.

I need to get back to my ANB replay, too, before I forget what I was doing with the crops and mining and so on. I'd finally visited the Southern Island, just once. I have a long wait before I can progress to the final restoration plan...two full seasons. There's just no way to get around that 'participate in 3 garden tours' requirement. :?

I really should get back to Zero, though. Fun game, but...this is just more inviting, right now. Well, not like I have to hurry...there's four more months before Azure will be out, and I know the way these games end...they are very, very good at making your wait really uncomfortable. (I was so fortunate to have played Cold Steel for the first time only a month before the release of Cold Steel II! It was happenstance, but I just about rolled around on the floor in a tantrum at not being able to continue the story immediately when I first finished it. Well...internally. I didn't actually say or do anything, lol.)
infel
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Hope everyone is having a nice November. We're all about to get back into the holiday season.

As for me, it's been a weird month gaming wise. I haven't spent much time with most of the games I played in October.

I've been playing Animal Crossing New Horizons and Story of Seasons Mineral Town on and off. I'm hoping with Mineral Town I can beat the game by the end of the year. As for Animal Crossing, I'm just taking my time with it. Don't know if I'll ever finish, but it's a relaxing game.

With Blue Reflection 2 I sadly didn't finish it by the 14th. Haven't played much of it this month, but am on chapter 8 and have about 35 hours clocked in. I doubt I'll finish it this month due to other things, but hopefully I can finish it by the end of the year. I'll admit, since I finished the game last year, it's not a priority for me right now.

Also, I haven't played Trails in the Sky or Xenoblade like I wanted to. These games are hard to get back into, but I'm hoping to be able to play them a bit before the month ends.

Good news is though is that I finished Pokemon Legends Arceus. This is shocking for two reasons; one is because I hadn't planned on playing it and for two is because I have trouble with finishing games. I just sort of picked it up and tried to play test it. At first I didn't enjoy the game, but the more I played, the more I realized how fun it was. Now, I haven't finished the post game content, but plan to sometime when I'm able. Honestly, it was really nice enjoying a Pokemon game again. I don't think I've enjoyed the series since Pokemon X and Y. I also played the game at a good time since it's an election period right now. Anyway, I was really surprised by this game. I didn't think I'd like it much, but I'm glad I was wrong. I really loved the new gameplay, most of the characters, and the town itself. I also liked the exploration and the catching mechanic, though I admit the exploration could've been better. I admit the things I didn't like as much was the whole having to catch multiple Pokemon(though this does fit in with the story and setting) and certain small things, but overall I liked the game. I'm glad I finished it before Scarlet and Violet came out and the game helped me get through a tough period. The best part obviously was the Pokemon for me. I will say though, that I worry if I'll like Pokemon Scarlet and Violet. Some things I've read/seen about it make me worried if I'll enjoy it. Well even if I don't, I'm glad I really liked Pokemon Legends Arceus.

Anyway, kind of weird with how I not only jumped randomly to Pokemon but that I also finished it. It felt really good to finish the game and I hope I can finish another RPG before the year is up. In terms of what I'll play next, I don't have any idea honestly. I mean I have things I want to play and finish (Xenoblade 1 and Trails), but nothing is for sure. I know I'll try Pokemon Scarlet and Violet for a while, but I'm hoping to go back to Trails and Xenoblade as well. I also may dabble in some Chrono Cross or one of the older Final Fantasies on my Switch. All this depends on how I'm feeling though.
Daikon boy
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

So my floppy knight save deleted itself and I didn't get to finish it, but I finished a couple games I wanted to before my subscription ran out. Wasn't playing as much trails from Zero as I had wanted to, but I've been catching up since and I'm nearly done with chapter three after fifty five hours of playtime. I've still got a few more hours left on it but not enough that I can't finish it up before the new Pokemon game comes out.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Just little gaming bits and bobs here and there while the final countdown for Pokemon starts! I did the entire current event in Genshin, finally got a piece of armor I need/wanted in FFXIV, and I actually went back to Caravan Story for a solid 4 hours (but then it went into maintenance). Today, well, I have no idea how I'm going to spend today. I am going to finish Splatoon 3's story mode and 100% the maps for a given gear, but after that I really don't have anything nagging at me + I'm already in Pokemon mode. I am thinking of staying up for launch, asking the hubbo to bring me caffeine when he gets off work has crossed my mind. I'll probably just watch some shows to pass the time a I know everything else that isn't Pokemon is going to make me antsy lol.
FarmingForDaysMan
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Ahhhh trying to decide whether I should get Pokémon Violet or not :’)
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

A few days ago, it's like someone flipped a switch. One evening I was amazed by how clear-headed I felt. I simply wasn't tired. A downright freakish feeling, for me. But as always, always, always, a feeling like that immediately precedes a crash, and by the next morning I'd already splattered on the ground. (I'd love to know why this happens. These tiny windows of lovely clarity...why do they happen before every sudden long spate of extra fatigue?) I had to turn around and head back home without continuing on to get my groceries as I was too tired to function.

I love redoing the dock area on the Isle of Awakening, and was starting on that tonight...I cleared the area of rock weeks ago, as soon as I had a golem handy to help out, so that tedious chore was done...but I just can't continue. I'm having trouble typing...my hands feel stiff with fatigue. :eek: :eek: :eek: I guess all my muscles are just rebelling against being used, atm.

I'll see if I can switch to handheld gaming for a bit. Something I can play comfortably while lying in bed seems like the best bet. I do actually have one game I still mean to complete on 3DS (and four that I *might* try to complete, some day, though...probably not. The reason they're not already complete is because I'm just not that interested in them. I can't remember why I never finished LoZ: ALBW, though. Maybe it got tricky and since I don't love it, I just quit.) Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology. I was only in the beginning of that game, and it seemed interesting. But honestly, if it's a struggle to type, something like drooling sounds more like my optimal activity for the time being.

I did manage to help with the final concrete pour on the walls at my sis' house-to-be, though. They needed all eyes! Now it just has to set, and the roof can go up. :)

I hope Harvestella and Pokemon S/V are living up to expectations on Fogu.
Last edited by Kikki on Nov 18, 2022 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I hope you're not pushing yourself too much, Kikki, but you know your body best. And maybe it's like arthritis (or heck, exercise) having to push through the pain sometimes. Hope you feel at least a bit better soon!

--
First time this week playing Genshin because of my internet debacle. Basically the whole box with all the not a router equipment died, and they couldn't schedule us until today. Which is basically ludacris, for working from home. But it happened and it's over. I survived! Largely on a diet of physical media... pulled out a few manga I haven't touched in years, found my old iPod... 12 years old and (knock on wood) it still runs pretty well. I don't like a lot of the music on it anymore, though, but you slowly get desperate enough...

Back on the gaming front, my 'I'm not lucky' card has been revoked in Genshin. I intended on throwing 2, exactly 2, ten pulls at the Yae Miko banner to see if I could get Layla, or at least some Heizou dupes... and I got Yae Miko instead. 1 ten pull. 7 wishes, exactly. Plus a free catalyst. I just put my head down on my desk for a minute. :lol:

Got the training portion of the fungus event done tonight, on top of some catch up and farming for Miko. Still got the rest of the event, plus some weekly stuff to do tomorrow, but there's other stuff I need to get done tonight. And if I'm reaaally good and focused and productive I might let myself play a little more Harvestella. I'm probably a little biased now, what with the no-internet Stockholm syndrome, but I just wanna.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Thanks, Mikodesu :) I did push myself and did a few things I shouldn't, so the worsening of pain was not a big surprise, but...after more than a week of chasing around, I finally got my doctors to SIGN the new prescriptions so the pharmacy was legally allowed to give it to me, lol. I THINK the gabapentin (Neurontin) is doing something helpful? I'm on about the lowest dose that drug is EVER given out at, but my leg is paining and clenching a little less. I also think a mix of drugs and supplements may have contributed to the tidal wave of fatigue...I think I know what to eliminate to get my clear-headedness back to an acceptable level. I feel better with what I did today, so...well, I think it'll work. We'll see. Have to wait a bit to see if dosages need tweaked or if I need to eliminate more stuff.

~

I've dismissed every story resident back to their original homes, since they are the only ones who can ever be sent there. Am currently running around to every Explorer's Shore to recruit residents of every type, to give me enough to populate all three regions of the Isle of Awakening as well as 3 buildertopias. It's going to take a bit to get that many! I'll need about 200 more residents, lol, if I want to stuff everything full. One island is mostly animals, though. I'll even send all the pets off to Farmville (anybody remember the original Farmville on Facebook, from 2009? I was so addicted to all those bizarre tree types!) It's nice that you can change the name of your Shore-recruited residents. I may try to make some themed towns. I wonder if I can find a bard or bartender that looks like Sanjay...

I'm tired out now, though...gonna stop, probably for the night. Have to scrape up enough energy to go have dinner with the family.
cinnamon_yuki
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

It's been a while since I last posted here. :lol: For the past couple of days, I only played DDV for an hour or so and watched Hospital Playlist (I've been hooked and a nice change to the K-drama formula. I really love the no prolonged love triangle, and no politics for a change.) Anyway, I'm playing DDV more and will hopefully get my gaming grove back soon, though I've been looking for K-dramas like Hospital Playlist now. :lol:

I hope the Thanksgiving sale is coming soon so that I could see if RF 5 will go on sale or other titles that are on my wishlist will be available for purchase or I probably save my extra gaming for next year's purchases. I feel like I'm not going to be off the K-drama train atm though I watch series during my lunch break as a stress reliever. XD
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Animal Crossing is probably the easiest switch game correct? I’m giving my mom my old switch and she needs something she can walk around in and not too much reading. She doesn’t understand English as is