Backlog 2022

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I LOVE playing on my 3DS. It's so much nicer to hold than the Switch! When I want handheld gaming specifically, I still turn to the 3DS, every time. I still use both of my 3DSes (I have two because I got the 'New' 3DS in order to play Xenoblade Chronicles.)

Thanks for the picture, Shan :) Nice to know that the jail bars fit snug up to the castle pieces like that, and that even with the wall segments they can be placed to the front or back one space and meet up. And placing them around town is less problematic than I thought, as you can only ever see them from the front, so if a small gap is on the side or back, you can usually disguise it or even completely hide it. I'm hoping I'll be able to complete what I want to with 2 castle gates, 4 castle walls and 4 castle towers. (I already have 1, 1 and 2.) I think I ordered one more piece, but I'm already having trouble keeping track, lol. Well, will order other pieces tomorrow once I figure out if I already did order some or not. I saw a neat trick with an antique wardrobe stashed in back that I might try, too. I love that you can put items on top, to make it look like the wall is lined on top with flowers :) I'll try putting jail bars in behind a gate to see if that looks a bit like a portcullis. Those are full grilles, but bars will probably give a very similar impression. Well, gonna try a few things, anyway!

But meanwhile I have to move 3 buildings. Have already moved the Nookling store, and tomorrow will do a bit of landscaping, then move the museum and the river. Gotta destroy a few inclines and bridges, most likely, then rebuild a couple, but I won't rebuild anything until I'm certain of my layout. I'm adding a lot of cliffs. I have a really hard time planning this stuff out...the image in my head is vague and I"m often not sure how to tackle making it real, but the ravine worked really nicely, and I may as well try giving Genji a sunken yard, since I haven't done that before. Will also try a jail-bars bridge out to the lighthouse in the north. Takes up a LOT of room, but hey, I've got room to spare anyway, since I only have one player character in this town.

The perv jokes continue in nirvanA Initiative, but in my last session they were much fewer, I think because they're most prevalent when you're talking to other characters and I've mostly been investigating crime scenes. The story is plenty interesting, so...really nice when the juvenile preoccupation with body parts fades into the background.

EDIT: Finished two TSF: NI endings.
Last edited by Kikki on Jun 26, 2022 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I love my 3DS’s too. It’s just weird because I haven’t touched it in a year. I’m surprised it STILL turns on 😂

You’re welcome. I wish you luck. Oddly enough that pic received a lot of likes on my instagram.
FarmingForDaysMan
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

I agree, the 3DS is the best. :D I’ve dropped the thing so many times over the years, but it still works. One of the shoulder buttons doesn’t have a protective plastic cap(?), though :lol:
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

The 3DS is definitely very comfy still. Much easier on the go than the Switch (smaller, don't feel like you're gonna break something). I don't go back to it all that often, but it's always just right when I do. :)

Finished A Short Hike tonight. I was gonna run around on the mountain a little more and hunt down some quest items but the summit won me out. Very nice break between sessions working on an illustration. Would like to go back some day to mess around in it, the only guarantee is if I actually DO end up making a game rather than just...writing a design doc. The whole thing would be worth studying.

Spent my last few minutes doing donuts in the speed boat I didn't know about until I'd already 'won'. Indie games are special in such a unique way. Love it.
Mabbie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Played one level on LEGO Batman (the first one) with my boyfriend but he said he was too tired to continue. I have wayyyyy more games that I'm able to play, and a long list of LEGO games to get 100%.

I got a HDMI cable and connect the laptop on the TV and play it on a big screen (yay me lol). The only thing is that I'm only able to do it when my son is at his father's place, because I don't think it's fair to play things that don't involve him when he's around. But that's my opinion.
yzafre
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Three Hopes! Three Hopes! Three Hopes! Picked it up on Friday, slowly picking my way through. I've decided to play the routes the same order I did the original (Edelgard > Dimitri > Claude). Needless to say, Tunic is on hold till I finish this one. I tend to find musuo games fairly tedious pretty quickly, but the lore. The loooore.

Thankfully, I think I just hit a major turning point in the story (I found the cutscene from the trailer where the new protagonist fights Byleth with all the aura-effects) and that should help me drive forward through the more tedious elements. I want to know what happens next SO BAD. Also, I looked it up and there IS new game+ so that should speed up the second and third play-throughs.

Arval is still fantastic. I mean, every now and then I'm side-eying them (they seem a little... TOO invested in my beef with Byleth), but I love their commentary.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Sometimes I think I get a craving for ANB, SoS1 and Trio just to be able to play with the 3DS again instead of the Switch. :)

~

That shudder-inducing Daisy Mae is a stinker on top of being a snot-swinger. I bought 100 turnips from her last weekend...but NO recipe sent in the mail. Bought 600 turnips from her this weekend, and she even giggled in excitement over my purchase...and STILL no recipe, and there are FOUR to collect from her. And I think I'm on a down-spike for turnips, to boot. Got them at 104, this morning they were 90, and now they're 86. There's a chance it'll pick up and end up in a large spike, but I bet I got a bad deal this week. Can't be sure yet, of course.

I did a bunch of landscaping and man is it messy! Not sure how to get some areas to work, but will just have to keep pegging away at it.

~

I'm about half way done a 3rd route in TSF: NI. The pointless perv jokes are a lot less in the second half of routes, I've found, and less all the way through, depending on which route you're on. They were practically constant in the first half of the first two routes, though! The story is great, as expected. I really was afraid the jokes would continue so thick and so stupid that it'd completely ruin the game for me. :? At the beginning, it WAS ruining, because they were so frequent I never had time to stop rolling my eyes. But so far, they've toned down.

~

Done my surprisingly quick trip to the hospital. Unpleasant, but easy enough, with surprising results that lead me to wonder if I have worse inflammation and/or allergenic responses than I knew about. Won't have to go back for the same kind of thing for two years, though will probably need to pester my GP to get me an appt a year early, lol...the system is not in good condition. My appt made me want a reward though, lol. Well, I don't need another game right now, even if part of me wants one. I've got TSF:NI to finish, and apparently a little interest in landscaping in ACNH, and XC3 (AND Digimon Survive, for that matter) are up on July 29th.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm finally feeling well enough to do other things on the internet besides listen to hour long videos to distract me from my pain+fever. For the past few days I've been only doing that or binging anime shows in my watch backlog. Only today did I start gaming once again. I got the hippo mount in FFXIV and I made some decent progress in Three Hopes.
Reyvin wrote: Jun 25, 2022 2:14 amI am also playing Atelier Ayesha DX. I owned the dusk trilogy for a year now, but never really got the proper motivation to start it. Liking it so far, especially cause it's really cute. I don't know if playing without a guide is a good idea, but I feel like reading what I should do is gonna destroy the experience I'll have while playing. As my first Atelier game, I don't really invest much time in learning the alchemy system so far - I've never really been much of a gameplay person, I usually enjoy story and characters more. I'm aware Atelier is not a story-heavy series, really, compared to other rpgs, but I wanted to try it anyway. :)
Because Kiki called me out (lol I'm kidding~) I'll give my two cents. As someone who's played all the localized Atelier games (except Ryza 2), I can firmly say that Ayesha and the entire Dusk trilogy are the most story heavy in the series. They're still very 'lite' as there's no big bad threatening the whole world, but Ayesha's reason for picking up alchemy has much more purpose than many of the other protagonists in the series. I'd say play it blind first and if you like it enough to have the motivation to unlock the requirements of the final boss battle, then I'd say look up a guide. Getting to the final boss and thus unlocking the base requirements for the normal ending requires you to gather special flowers. Some you'll happen upon normally as you progress the story while others will be time sensitive events. You do not need ALL of the flowers (iirc), just a certain amount to gain the trigger to the final boss encounter. From there the ending you get will depend on who's character events you've completed and which party member has the highest friendship level. The true ending that leads into Escha&Logy is incredibly hard to achieve without multiple playthroughs and min-maxing the alchemy system. That being said, new game+ makes ever new loop faster than the last AND you don't really need the true ending to understand what happening in Escha&Logy, if you happen to want to continue onwards if/when you complete Ayesha.

Welp, that's all for now from me.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Ack, and I just finished saying I don't need a new game! I have Escha & Logy on PS4, though via that subscription thing which expired ages ago and I have no desire to renew. It's the only Atelier game I've ever reeeeally wanted to play. (I played Lydie and Suelle and it was...okay. Slice-of-life stories aren't my thing, and outside of sims, where a female MC is NON-NEGOTIABLE, I actually enjoy playing male MCs more. Go figger!) The games are on sale for 30% off, and the bundle of all three, which is normally 25% off buying each game individually, is also 30% off. (Meaning that buying the bundle right now is somewhere around 52% off what it would cost to buy each game one at a time.)

I have no idea if I want Ayesha or Shallie, since it's not like the series is even my thing, overall, and yet...I hate jumping into the middle of a series. But I might not even like E&L, lol. AND I don't actually need another game! I have plenty of replays AND a few new or newish games to play.

I also see that Fallen Legions: Revenants is on 50% off, and I have always wanted that. It has bad reviews, but for some reason, I think I'd like it. But y'know, Star Ocean 5 had terrible reviews, and I really liked it! Peeked at others in the series and don't regret 5 being the only one I've tried, as the others don't appeal to me even though everyone says 5 is the worst of the bunch. But it's that way a lot for me. I quite often prefer the game that everyone else says is the worst. Rean is also my favourite LoH MC, and I'm approximately the one and only person who truly loves the fella. (I adore Rean. I want a poster of Rean. Or a stuffie. And I don't even like stuffies! I'm always so disappointed when Bokumono special editions have stuffies as one of the extras.) I also like Tales of Zestiria way, WAAAAAAY more than Tales of Berseria, which will get you lynched in any group of Tales fans larger than 2 people.

Anyway, dang it...that'd be FOUR new games and I don't even need ONE. I've not spent much on gaming this year, so it's not a money thing, buuuuut... Well, the sale goes until July 6th, so at least I can put off thinking about it for now.
Somerandom
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

I’ve done everything I’ve wanted to do in RF5. I’m glad it’s over. I didn’t hate it and I didn’t love it, it was in this weird disappointing middle ground for me. I would probably like it more if RF4 didn’t exist because I prefer 5 to most of the other games due to Quality of life improvements.

The 3DS is great for life sims and RPGs (most of which I’ve played I honestly liked better than a lot of switch titles) and I love how small it is. But in terms of games of other genres, I prefer more of the original DS library as it has much more variety. However an amazing thing about the 3DS is the backwards comparability with the DS, which means we can play both DS and 3DS games. This feature is one that makes me prefer it to the switch.

The more I see of new game titles, the more disappointed I am. I am sick and tired of unfinished titles being released and patched later. I don’t want to pay over $60 for something that isn’t complete. And I don’t want to pay for DLC content that should already be in the game. That’s why I will only buy these games used for the foreseeable future if I want to try them.

The only thing that interested me about FE three hopes was the story. I decided to watch the cutscenes on YouTube and
Spoiler:
ummm, theres a lot I don’t understand or that I just found weird. It feels that they paid more attention to the start of the story with the release of the demo than the end of the game. In fact you don’t get any s support cutscene or even see the end of the war itself. You just get a letter from a character of your choice with some minor romantic undertones and a small text crawl at the end of each path basically saying that the war continues. Don’t get me wrong I really liked the new direction of the story and I thought where they took it was interesting but the lack of an ending makes the end of the game seem unsatisfying. But it might be different for someone who actually plays the game.
Sorry for my rant.
Reyvin
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

@ Bluie: Thanks for the insight! Good to know that you'd also recommend playing blind at first :) Then I'll be fine with continuing like that.

---

On a personal note, I haven't really played anything recently because... I have covid. *sigh* I really didn't want to have it again, but I do and I haven't been feeling too nice for the past two days.

I played a bit of Three Hopes though and am now in chapter 6 of Verdant Wildfire (was that the name? Lol). Gotta say, I actually feel like the dialogue is more strategic than the main game, Three Houses. Did not expect that, since I felt like the first FE Warriors game was in a bit of an odd place regarding the story and characters. Really liking Three Hopes so far!
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

That Mini Direct was something else! I am most stunned by the Disney game, because
Spoiler:
Early Access? On Switch? Is this just a first and it's gonna start happening more, to help compete with PC and bring more indies to console faster, or is this just because it's Disney and they have that level of clout? And what do they hope to gain from releasing their game in early access format?

But other than that, I was quite happy to see a AAA farming game, Harvestella...horrible name, but could be good? Though no mention of relationships, but the farming looks pretty, loved the water crops. Not that I like Square Enix much, tbh. I think the only thing I've ever really loved of theirs is DQB, and that the roots of Xenoblade began there in the form of Xenogears. Anyway, I'll probably get P4G and maybe even P5R. I never did get the Royal version on PS4, so it might be an option for Switch...haven't decided. Definitely want P4G since playing my Vita at this point is barely an option. I'll probably get the Monkey Island one, too, though it's not one of the originals and I'm not so good with nostalgia anyway and no longer like point-and-click even though I grew up with it; it just doesn't have enough clout, with me, so...not sure! Minecraft Legends MAY finally get me to play Minecraft. Maybe.

I will probably finally buy Nier: Automata, now that this version of it is coming to Switch. That boy android was adorable when I played the demo on PS4. The world was ugly (because I dislike sci-fi, steampunk and industrial, not because the graphics were bad) and it was too fighty, but he made me want to play a bit more.
I'm finished The Somnium Files: nirvanA Initiative. And Wodewyrd is starting to look okay again in ACNH...still have some buildings to move and bridges and inclines to build and so on, but it's shaping up okay. Not quite as well as I wanted, but...I think it'll do. Very high probability that I'm on a declining turnip trend, though, and will have to sell my turnips at a loss. Oh well, I don't plan to buy more turnips than I can get with what I have in my pockets, so it's not like I lose much.
simside
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

I beat act 4 of Titan Quest the other day, which was a relief, as it was so buggy and unpleasant the last time I played I was worried I wouldn't finish it. I was surprised to find the "gambling man" (my partner's favorite feature) in the Atlantis act, as I thought Nintendo was pretty strict about gambling and I'd heard something about Atlantis was incomplete in the Switch port. No idea, then? It's a short act, so I'm hoping to play through it this week/weekend. The other expansion is much longer, and I think it may be as rough as act 4 was. ^_^;

I'm currently on the cycling road in Pokemon SP, so I'm still chipping away at that, it's great for lunch breaks and short play sessions. I finished the next section of Murder by Numbers, too. I'm still trying to wrap up RF5... I've finished almost all the quests and have been dipping into Rigbarth Maze, but I think I'm going to stop after I marry Ludmila, just as a clean break. That will be one in-game year too, and it should be a good time to put it down. Playing that and Titan Quest is too much, and I'd like to quit both and try something new, but I know that's just me being restless. Plus, the Titan Quest expansions were kinda expensive, so I need to play at least a little of those. Hopefully I'll be free of both by mid-July.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Hello all!

I've combated food poisoning soon after beating Neo TWEWY. After recovering, I picked up Nier Replicant and found out that a port of the game from PS3 to PS4 didn't make me like the game the way I thought it was. It was an easy drop. The thing that got me was finding a ladder in the second village to get to the mayor. It might be because of my eyes, but I didn't see it and had to look it up because it looked like a support beam or something. It took me 20 minutes. That and the story wasn't grabbing me with the characters being a bit dumb imo.

I then went to play Final Fantasy 7 Remake and oh boy I loved it!

....Until chapter 10. The needless fluff, irrelevant side quests, and bullet sponge enemies finally got to me and became a hindrance around chapter 15. I kept pushing through until about halfway through chapter 17 where I keep dying. I had enough. I saved where I was and deleted the game. I'll probably wait until a steep sale for the other entries or just ignore them. Still though, I praise the gameplay (except for what I said) and the characters; the true stars of the game.

That leaves Final Fantasy 5 as my last non-early access title in my backlog! And I've got a month until Xenoblade Chronicles 3 to boot. Can't wait for that game.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

TFW people are finishing their 3rd playthroughs in Three Hopes and I'm only just unlocking advanced seals. There are also spoilers EVERYWHERE which are becoming harder to avoid. I really hate people who use spoiler thumbnails and titles on YT, annnnd I also hate YT's algorithm that just goes "yOu WaTcHeD tHe 4K aZuRa DaNcE vIdEo? HaVe SoMe ThReE hOpEs SpOiLeRs!!!"

I had hoped to at least finish one Three Hopes playthrough before tomorrow, Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak release day, but oh well, covid happened. I'm also planning on going back to work tomorrow (or at least trying it out) so now I actually do have a backlog again. I'm no longer in any pain, spent the entire day yesterday with no medicine and life is livable. I'm just still have the sniffles, which will be annoying, but manageable. So far with Three Hopes I am enjoying the loop of bite sized musou maps to unlock more options for the chapter's big musou battle, but I am still wishing this was just Three Houses DLC. That being said, I am enjoying the FE flavor of things like support conversations and recruiting new playable characters. Of the newbies so far, I really like Holst. After how he was just kind of brushed to the side in the original game, it's great to see he's a genuinely fun character. He's also voiced by ProZD which is hilarious. I like his interactions with Balthus the most and I just unlocked a paralog with them (and Hilda) so I'll looks forward to doing that later.

Other than that, I have bought some games from the various sales we've been bombarded with lately, but they're being squirreled away for droughts for now. After the Nintendo Direct we had yesterday I now have a few more titles to look forward to this year, but I'm mainly most excited for Harvestella. I loved Rune Factory 5, but my desire to replay it right now is very low (I may or may not be waiting for the inevitable PS4/5 port too). Harvestella looks like it's right up my alley (FFXRF? Yes please!) and It's definitely a day one for me.