Backlog 2022

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Daikon boy
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Trails from Zero has achievements on switch now, it turns out. Thought I should mention just in case anyone needed that information.
I'll be playing that mostly, for now. A little of something else here and there probably, on my other consoles, but mostly Zero.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yeah, the achievement thing on Switch is interesting, I haven't got it figured yet. I can see them, but what do the 'points' do? Interested in finding out, anyway.

I got great gaming deals yesterday, and I'm super happy with what I got. All together I paid about $65 CAD and got three games for that. BIG games. One being Trails from Zero, which of course took the bulk of the money. (Against all expectation, it is CHEAPEST ON SWITCH. I think that is the first time I have ever been able to say that particular phrase.) Then I got Graveyard Keeper at 50% off and it is SO INTERESTING. I'm kind of stunned how interesting it is, the dialogue is just...good. It's not trying to be witty or clever or quirky, it's just a flat-out interesting story with odd interesting people in it. I find a lot of games try REALLY hard to write 'quirky' characters and it falls flat in a very ugly and embarrassing way.

I am grossed out by what you actually DO in this game (harvesting body parts and potentially keeping them to use in potions, recipes, constructions, etc) and I'm not fond of the browny green landscape, but it's so atmospheric, I can't help but forgive it. Looks like to play this game efficiently, though, you have to commit to just having no morals. Anyway, Graveyard Keeper was 50% off.

Oh, and of course, I also got Hokko Life, which was a big part in fitting three games into $65, as I paid $1.23 for it thanks to 20% off and all my gold points. Hokko Life was worth getting even though I find its problems very frustrating. The 'tutorial' part of the game is very badly done, but the stuff it does right is too significant to write it off.

I guess it's more like I got FOUR games this week, for $66 CAD in all. Because several days ago I got that farming game that turned out to be a Match-3. Hope's Farm cost me $0.39 as it was 98% off, lol. I LOVE it, which sounds ridiculous to me, but I always forget how addicted I get to match-3 games. I zone right out on them. Or maybe it's that I zone IN? It's a lot like my response to mahjong, which I can and DO use as a replacement for painkillers. These games that make you concentrate, but without ANY stress...they're fantastic for pain management.

Anyway, I regret none of my purchases, so that's pretty awesome. I think this is the happiest I've been with my game dollars all year, but packing four games into less than the cost of one AAA game is just plain fun, even when the games don't all turn out to be really cool (which they DID, this time.) Lots of fun to be had, now!

EDIT: Updated my lists, and I'm at 21 games completed in 2022, so far. 4 or 5 games left that I'm working on, and at least 2 games left this year that I'll definitely be getting. In theory I COULD finish about 28 games this year, but I'll be quite happy with 24.
Last edited by Kikki on Sep 28, 2022 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Almost went insane doing the literal first side quest in YS IX last night. Was literally just burning time between laundry loads, Genshin was getting updated and I wasn't feeling up to getting too deep into FFXIV so close to bed time, so I was running around with Adol and his first party member looking for butterflies. Found two, couldn't find the third. I thought it was way up high, so I kept trying to find it in every nook and cranny currently available to me. Lolnope, it was underneath me on the lower level which I wasn't even considering since the quest giver was saying they flew upwards. I just... okay lmao. This is probably more of a me issue + I was tired.

Kinda don't want to do all my weeklies in FFXIV this week, and I might not. Probably not going to get the next part of the patch update until mid October anyways so it's not likely I'm going to fall behind too much. I'm at least still working on my Island Sanctuary even though I got what I wanted from it. I'm level 9/10 and almost have the whole island done, I just need the last upgrade and flight and it'll be less of a pain to grind for the mounts/glams. Takes like maybe 20 min a day to get everything sorted over here, and then my motivation to do the weekly grind just isn't there. HOWEVER, I am happy to say I finally finished all the Beast Tribes. it took like 2ish years, but they're done. I have all their mounts, minions, and glams and I will NEVER go back unless I have to.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Played a little Animal Crossing today. I was looking into Hokko Life as a little comfort game for today, but I'm kinda glad I didn't... Animal Crossing didn't help all that much, so I doubt Hokko Life would have. I went into the DLC area and did a few house designs. The first one was fun, but after that the fun slowly devolved to frustration. As it turns out, I don't have the brain power for decorating anything when I'm super stressed!

I did find out that if you're hiding in a back room when somebody tries to visit, they'll eventually go away. The plan was to let them in after I changed my character's clothes, but when I left that menu they went away. Yay?

In the same vein ish...I think I may need to start saving up for a gaming laptop. If I've learned anything from living through another hurricane, it's that there's no easy way to hide a giant PC tower from a storm. (Could not for the life of me find a plastic tub to even fit the thing. Had to leave it in my closet sitting up in a tub with its lid as a little umbrella... So stupid, I just couldn't think of anything better.) I hate the idea of buying something with soldered on parts that's designed to be difficult or impossible to repair, but... things are clearly not getting any better. And having to replace a big tower PC or worry about keeping it safe doesn't really...do it for me anymore. Maybe getting a 'last year's model' would be a happy medium. Little cheaper, and at least easier to keep safe.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Mikodesu wrote: Sep 28, 2022 8:53 pm Played a little Animal Crossing today. I was looking into Hokko Life as a little comfort game for today, but I'm kinda glad I didn't... Animal Crossing didn't help all that much, so I doubt Hokko Life would have. I went into the DLC area and did a few house designs. The first one was fun, but after that the fun slowly devolved to frustration. As it turns out, I don't have the brain power for decorating anything when I'm super stressed!
I've recently figured out what games work for me for stress. Whether situation stress or pain stress; I'm more likely to experience pain stress. I'm not all that experienced with situational stress. Even with grandma and dad earlier this year, when I wasn't actively dealing with the stressful situation, I simply stop thinking about it, and then am not stressed anymore. Apparently that is very weird. It's certainly a luxury! Possibly also a sign of some kind of mental or emotional deviation, I really don't know.

So as for the games...maybe I knew all along what worked for me, and have only recently figured out how to explain it. The games that make me forget everything are games of focus, with low thought. (SOME thought is essential...but it needs to be simple.) Games like match-3, mahjong, or, for something with a little creativity and the possibility of the enjoyable unexpected, then Dorfromantik or Townscaper. They give you a relatively simple task...matching tiles or gems, stick buildings together to create a landscape you like, fit the blocks into the available space, etc...and that's ALL you have to think about, and there's nothing have to struggle to remember. If you try to think about anything else you won't get anywhere, so it just...takes my brain by the hand (lol?) and leads it away from everything else, into a world where only pretty colours exist, interacting with other pretty colours to make, y'know...more pretty colours. And maybe some aimless tinkly music in there somewhere.

Which aggressively reminds me that I am definitely getting Dorfromantik, which is releasing TODAY. I zone out just watching videos of other people playing it, though I get frustrated when they set a tile somewhere I wouldn't have put it, lol.

Having lots of fun with my existing games, atm. Moved my bedroom furniture around yesterday and will do more today, so of course the place is in a huge mess, but it's super functional and I've made a permanent open space for exercise to eliminate one more barrier to getting up and doing some at any time. It is, at the same time, more functional for crafting and even a little more conducive to reading. Now I feel like reorganizing the kitchen, as well, and I have four recipes I need to make today, and an ingredient or two to pick up, as well, though thankfully I already have most of what I need. Guess I'm busy today!
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Dorfromantik was probably the perfect suggestion. :) Thanks for that, Kikki. It gratefully runs well on Switch. If the screen was a little bigger, I think I could even get my mom into playing it. She likes these sort of mesmerizing, turn your brain off puzzle games. I've seen people play on PC, but it's really a perfect fit for Switch. Runs perfectly. There's even a little touch screen utility. Great way to spend the gold coins I'd been sitting on...got a few dollars off, which always feels nice.

My brain is just...shot from the last few days, so I'm glad to have a game to just...sink into. There's strategy to it, but only as much as your brain can handle. So even if you just want to click buttons and make something pretty, it's still great. Pretty chill to watch a stream of, but much better to play.

The last hour just vanished. :lol: So now I guess I'll go get a little more cleaning and work done, before my brain poops out on me again.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Awesome! I posted then cuz I was sure Dorfromantik was perfect for you in the circumstances, though it took me longer than it should have to say so. It's artsy and zen, but in a captivating way. Games that are too chill, or are very detailed, don't relieve worry-stress, imo. Overwork stress, yeah, and sadness stress, sure...but a game has to straightforwardly seize your focus in a vice to jump the hurdle of anxiety stress. Imo!

~

I have so many awesome games right now, ones I REALLY LIKE, and you know what I'm doing? Y'know what? Wanna guess??

No? Okay, then: I'm starting another play of DQB2.

Yep.

I once asked if anywhere online posted DQB2 challenges. I was thinking of the gaming equivalent of a writer's prompt (or a Nuzlocke run of Pokemon, for example...encouraging a different way to do a playthrough to make it feel fresh) but I never found anything like that. I have to come up with my own challenges to make the game fun again. The gameplay's always great but I've played this game a LOT of times and the story has gotten very old, so the building has to make up for it. This time I want to be really into details. Make EVERY SINGLE CONSTRUCTION exactly to my liking (with whatever materials are available to me at that story point, of course) without rushing through even a single room. Usually I hurry to get things constructed so that villagers can quickly start sleeping in safety, or making food in the kitchen, etc. Hurrying in games is my style...I get things done FAST. But this time I'll have none of that...I'll take my time with every room, until it looks just right. Beauty BEFORE function, and even before efficiency.

Though I don't intend to play all that much right now. I have all these other shiny new great games, after all. But DQB2 is my comfort game. (So's XCX, but the Wii U freaks me out more and more as time goes on and I feel stressed listening to it chug away as it runs the game.)

EDIT: Rearranged room, need a new TV/monitor. I don't know a lot about tech specs, but I THINK I made the right decision...
Spoiler:
I currently have a dinky 24-inch, 720 TV. It's about as basic as you can get, especially for a screen that does daily duty as both my TV screen and my gaming screen. Now that my room is rearranged and I'm further away from the TV, it needs to be bigger, so I'm going for a 32-inch. I had a choice between either 1440 resolution with 60 Hz, or 1080 resolution with 75 Hz. I tinked and I tinked. What should I do?? Well...I decided to go with higher resolution, even though gamers in general feel that refresh rate is more important. Here's my reasoning.

I play mostly on SWITCH. It has a maximum output of 60 FPS. A higher refresh rate on the screen it is outputting to can't do anything to improve that. I do now also use Steam Deck, which means I could potentially end up with a game capable of much more, BUT. Well, firstly, I limit my Deck's frames and wattage and all to keep it running smooth and cool. But even if I didn't, I go mainly for indies and life sims, not action games. Those types of game are not known for needing lightning reaction speed or for their high specs.

On top of that...I can't even see the difference between 30FPS and 60FPS. I actually have great vision...until the last couple of years, it was actually notably better than average, so I don't want anyone to impune my actual eyeballs. No, it's my brain that must be faulty. I even started a thread about this once, wondering what the devil everyone was going on about with the continual begging for higher frames per second. People told me, some politely and some very rudely, and I didn't get it either way. I had to ask many people to please please please tell me what they see, that is different when you have a higher frame rate. They told me. I still didn't get it, because I could not for the life of me see what they meant. Finally someone told me to put a video comparison of frame rate on S-L-O-W M-O-T-I-O-N, so I did. I could FINALLY see the difference. Barely.

So my conclusion was that for my default console, the type of games I play, and my very own inability to brain fast enough to perceive the difference, a higher refresh rate would be flat-out wasted on me. But I have good eyes, so...why not enjoy a richer picture? I'm going with the 1440 screen.

I may have missed some critical fact in how these things work, but with what little I understand about these things, I think this was the correct decision.
Harvest Moon kawaii
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Hey, everyone. In Doraemon: Story of Seasons I've played over 15 hours. I'm in the end of Summer, Year 1. I'm really enjoying it. I finally got a chicken and I'm growing grass/fodder by the livestock barn.

In Little Busters, I've played nearly 6 hours. I'm still on the common route for that as well.

In Pocket Card Jockey, I'm on the last horse, but I'm not performing really well. I probably need to breed it and win that way.

Also, Kiki. I also have Hope's Farm and it sounds fun from the way you described it. Maybe I'll try it! :)

I bought some games for my Switch yesterday:

1) Hokko Life
2) Pre-ordered Harmonia (release date: October 20, 2022)
3) Let's Build a Zoo (+ the Dinosaur DLC) (I have this game on Steam, I just think I'll be able to play it better on Switch.)
4) The League of Enthusiastic Losers
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

It sounds like you did good, Kikki. :) Higher refresh rate (more frames) can be good, but it's mostly a thing in super fast action games. I think you'll fare better with a prettier screen.

In case anybody else is looking into screen upgrades and doesn't fully understand resolution and refresh rate... consider my explanation. I've gotten a lot of practice explaining these things to people and these seem to be the ones that make the most sense to everybody I've talked to.
Spoiler:
All "screen resolution" and "refresh rate" are doing is measuring the amount of information you're getting. Resolution is in a given space, whereas refresh rate is information over a given period of time.

For refresh rate, think of old movies on film reels. They amount to a bunch of still images stacked up together, played back at a certain speed. The more stills you have, the smoother the final movie looks. Any given scene starts and ends the same way, but more images gives you more information, or a fuller idea of what happened. In games, all that REALLY impacts is reaction speed. You don't actively perceive it, but to your brain, you're giving yourself more time to react to what's going on on screen. It's a little easier to do things quickly.

For resolution, pixels is still a good way to think of it. They're not a given size, there's just a set number of dots that make up any screen. Any 1080p screen has the same number of pixels, whether it's a 7 inch phone screen or a 27 inch monitor.

Imo, right now 1440p is still a happy medium. The higher the resolution, the more information the computer has to cram into every one of those still images when it refreshes the screen. Every bump up in resolution puts a bit of strain on the computer. For stuff you keep closer to your face, higher resolution is nicer. (This is why new phone screens look really sleek and nice. I'd also guess the Deck's home screen looks a little crisper than the Switch's.)

Still enjoying Dorfromantik. It was my break between clean up all day long, yesterday. Got really close to a 10,000 point game. It starts to get a little overwhelming, when the game asks you for areas of a specific number of tiles (because if those tiles touch the bigger bunch of the same type, it ruins the request. But you still want them to be NEAR the bigger bunch because the biggest requests will require everything you've got to get it done before you run out of tiles.)

I did get enough done to justify putting my computer back together to play a little Genshin last night. The new desert area is really pretty, but... the sand is probably my favorite bit. I keep running around in it, trying to make different patterns. If you move slow you can do a lot, actually. My only complaint is I wish you could sink into it a liiittle more, but it's still great. Would love to know how they did it. I'd be shocked if it was just a texture, there's so much depth to it! (I've gotta remember to get a character in heels out, to see if the sand does anything with that.)

I did do a some wishing... Saved up a bunch of standard banner wishes on the off chance that my next character would be Tighnari but nope. I got a Mona dupe instead. Sigh. 2 years on, and I still have not gotten Jean or Diluc.

In the spirit of self pity I did two 10-pulls on Cyno's banner and...boom? I was already 30 wishes in via Kokomi's banner, but I won my 50/50, erasing all my self pity about Mona. He's supposed to be fairly mid tier in terms of strength, but I wouldn't know that yet because I can't level him up yet because I have to go bug hunting. First Itto, then Heizo, and now Cyno. Fun to play = bugs? Is that what you're telling me, Mihoyo?

There are bug hunting guides already on Youtube, so I'll have to pull one of those up. Going by the map is miserable.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Thanks, Mikodesu :) I was pretty sure I made the right decision, unless there was a fact about refresh rate that I didn't know. I decided to reward my excellent eyes with some extra pixels to make a richer picture, because my eyes can appreciate it. Didn't think I should bother increasing the refresh rate to improve reaction time, because my reaction time is naturally so pathetic that it's doubtful I'd ever be able to make use of the extra info my brain was getting from more screens per second. (Or maybe I have it backwards. Maybe people who are slow that way, like me, actually need the greater speed even MORE than people who are naturally fast in those reactions. But I think it's that it just wouldn't be any use for me. In the world of reaction speed, I am the turtle, not the hare.)

I think people naturally lean into what they're good at. Blah blah blah related to gaming but NOT to backlog:
Spoiler:
It's FUN to do something you're naturally good at. It's exhausting and demoralizing to struggle through something you're naturally bad at, in my experience. You start out pretty good, and that makes you want to be even BETTER, and you enjoy working at it and seeing good results in return for your efforts. But if you start out bad, any tiny improvement is going to be very hard won and it feels like all work and no play. I happen to be good at games where you can maximize your efficiency to win. Games like Bokumono are HUGE for that, but games like Xenoblade and Trails are also great due to the system of battle enhancements. XCX is known for having difficult-to-master combat, but I know that if you max out your 'Potential' stat as much as you can, to trigger soul voices as often as possible, it's going to be like your party is surrounded in a continual cloud of magic that spontaneously does extra damage or more healing. And in XC1, you want to max your agility and your auto-attack rate, to avoid all the hits and charge up your special attacks at the fastest possible rate. Other people win via their awesome button-pushing skills, but I game the system itself.

And I LIKE gaming the systems, thanks. It's FUN. Waaaaaay more fun than struggling desperately to be physically (or mentally, I guess) fast enough to defeat X boss, because my natural aptitudes make me good at the former, and terrible at the latter. I don't have any of the COOL skills, lol. I have the dweeby ones. (I once mentioned that I am a naturally good speller. Well, I am. But I assure you this did not win me friends or popularity. That went to the people winning everything at track and field! At best it made people envy me when test time came around in English because I never had to study for anything in that subject.)
Glad you're still enjoying Dorfromantik. :)

Not sure what I'm doing. Farting about with DQB2, of course, but I don't know what to concentrate for new stuff, because everything I have is really good, right now. I think I want to go back and get off 'hard' mode in Zero. It's not a fun way to do your first playthrough, when you have no equipment, and no money to buy even healing items. All challenge, no enjoyment. I can't tolerate excessive grinding in a story-driven game and if you start the game out in Hard mode, you'll have to grind a LOT. I don't know if I can change in mid-game or if I need to restart, but I'm only a couple hours in, so if I have to restart, I will.
Code_Name_Geek
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote: Sep 29, 2022 4:39 am So as for the games...maybe I knew all along what worked for me, and have only recently figured out how to explain it. The games that make me forget everything are games of focus, with low thought. (SOME thought is essential...but it needs to be simple.) Games like match-3, mahjong, or, for something with a little creativity and the possibility of the enjoyable unexpected, then Dorfromantik or Townscaper. They give you a relatively simple task...matching tiles or gems, stick buildings together to create a landscape you like, fit the blocks into the available space, etc...and that's ALL you have to think about, and there's nothing have to struggle to remember. If you try to think about anything else you won't get anywhere, so it just...takes my brain by the hand (lol?) and leads it away from everything else, into a world where only pretty colours exist, interacting with other pretty colours to make, y'know...more pretty colours. And maybe some aimless tinkly music in there somewhere.
I totally second this. One of my favourite stress games is Tetris, because it demands my focus and I go into autopilot placing blocks. Dorfromantik looks really cool, it reminds me of one of my favourite board games, Carcasonne. Definitely adding that one to my wishlist! Also, I just wanted to say that I can't tell the difference between 30 and 60 fps either (not that I've ever specifically tried to, but I've heard others talking as if it's some super obvious thing and it's definitely not obvious to me).

~

I don't have a lot to update because I've mostly been playing RF4S. My progress through the story feels kind of slow but I'm having fun with the farming and stuff. I'm over 65 hours in and still in the second arc, so not sure how typical that is. I also beat all the normal levels in Pushmo but then unlocked the "secret" levels which demoralized me a bit... should get back and see if I can finish those off. I keep saying I'll start a new game buuut I can't decide on one so I haven't yet. I should really just pick something to try and see if it sticks.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

After spending enough time with it, I can firmly say that Ys IX is not nearly as fun as Ys VIII. There was just something about roaming a deserted tropical island full of prehistoric monsters, fighting for your survival, and unraveling a mystery through a second protagonist. Also, the music was FIRE. I still listen to Iclucia Dance and Sunshine Coastline all the time, they're freaking amazing tracks and the latter is one of the first tracks you hear! Ys IX has so far been really generic music wise, and I'm up to my 3rd party member! Playing Ys IX, I've gone from intrigued to bored. All the dungeons are built around the character's gimmicks to the point of stalling the fast paced gameplay to figure out where the hell I need to go. I'm not saying I want everything to be linear, but part of the fun of Ys is zooming around. Most of the zooming is done in the lifeless giant city that I can't get over how ugly it is. Falcom is perfectly capable of making cool and interesting set pieces, so why is this city so freaking grey!? It's just so BORING. I get zero excitement to see the next area because it's more of the same. Like, oh boy, I get to glide now and pick up piss poor collectables instead of run up walls! Yay? I also missed a side quest (which is arguably the best part of this game outside of the main story hook) because in typical Falcom fashion, they punish you for wanting to advance the story before checking every « Snuggly Bunny » nook and cranny. Hey uh, you guys, it's 2022. I'm appreciative for the easier difficulties, but accessibility doesn't just stop there. If you want people to keep buying and enjoying your games, maybe stop making « Cow Poopoo » like this the norm, it's annoying as hell. The occasional missable is fine, but integral NPCs that you NEED to unlock shops/features? Get the « Snuggly Bunny » out of here with that « Cow Poopoo ».

So uh, yeah, rant over. While I'm still intrigued by the main plot, the game is boring, period. I'll probably be dropping it soon.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I went out and bought a new screen (a monitor rather than a TV, since I only watch TV via Netflix and other TV apps on my PS4 anyway, and televisions with specs equivalent to monitors are WAY more expensive, for some reason) in person, as they didn't have mine available to order. There was ONE left.

When I got there, there was some confusion. The nice man looked everywhere, and wonderd if that was the one he remembered that a customer returned for being defective, but it hadn't actually BEEN returned yet. (I don't want a defective one anyway, thanks.) He remembered the good price due to being on clearance for it's age, and I did think that it was a very good price for something with specs that good. Anyway...I couldn't have that one, because it did not actually exist.

I did find one the same size (31.5 inches) but a bit more expensive (but still in my range, as the one I'd chosen was scraping near the bottom of the barrel, price-wise) with the same 1440 resolution. But this one has a MATTE screen (I've always wanted a matte screen!) and...guess what? This one has 165Hz refresh rate. How'd they sneak that into one in this price range! Everything else I looked at with with comparable stats was hundreds of dollars more.

And...I'm scared! What if I turn it on and my brain explodes from the input of too many frames per second!?

Oh, wait. I'm being silly! The Switch can't even output more than 60. *whew!* But...my PS4 is also attached to this. EEK.

Well, if you all don't hear from me again after today, then I was killed by trying to use my rickety brain to process 165 frames a second even though I'm pretty sure its native rate is about 15FPS.

Aaaaaaaaanyway, I'm really loving the matte screen, and the colours on the home screen are richer, though not by a staggering amount. Not sure why my sound bar is so much quieter plugged into this monitor than when plugged into my old TV...I guess the TV had sound control on it too, but the monitor doesn't seem to. I opened the very-familiar DQB2 to look at this first. Will also open ACNH and Xenoblade DE to see how they look. The increased size is awesome...no trouble at all seeing even teeny details, now. Not sure if watching movies on this will have much difference...guess I"ll see!

Gonna check Zero tonight to see if I can switch to normal or easy mode, or if I have to restart. I want to stop wasting time with DQB2 when I have all these other great games to play. (Though it's still fun!)

EDIT: You can't change mode in Trails from Zero, so make sure you choose the right one from the start. I'll have to restart it, then (I was 5 hours in but it'll probably only take me 2 to get back to where I was) but I got my covid booster today and I feel a bit beat up, so...not gonna do that tonight.
Last edited by Kikki on Oct 01, 2022 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

A new TV would be nice. The tv’s in my house are old and seen better days.
simside
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Code_Name_Geek wrote: Sep 30, 2022 10:41 am I totally second this. One of my favourite stress games is Tetris, because it demands my focus and I go into autopilot placing blocks. Dorfromantik looks really cool, it reminds me of one of my favourite board games, Carcasonne. Definitely adding that one to my wishlist! Also, I just wanted to say that I can't tell the difference between 30 and 60 fps either (not that I've ever specifically tried to, but I've heard others talking as if it's some super obvious thing and it's definitely not obvious to me).
Ahh, I love Carcasonne so much! I have a hideously large collection of expansions, but my partner and I play all the time. I'm also in the same boat for de-stress puzzle games. Mine is Picross, and it's one of the only games I can play if I spent too much time at work for the day. Nothing else has worked as a distraction lately.

---

I finally beat Scarlet Symphony, which was infuriating. The bosses are danmaku-style fights, but the float controls aren't quite good enough for that, and the midair attack isn't strong enough to fight them with. I brute-forced most of them with the special attacks and learned to dodge the worst of the patterns. But the extra area. The extra boss. That's what nightmares are made of. Why would you put that in your Castlevania game?!

I'm still only playing a bit of DQ11 here and there, which is no way to finish it. I did get another party member back, and I think I'm rounding up some quests and another party member, like, immediately. I need to take a few days off next week for a medical treatment, so I'm hoping to finish it up by then. Then Persona 5 Royal!

Well, I'm still kinda hoping to jump back in and finish Portia once I wrap up more DQ11. I'm also looking to start Taiko no Tatsujin Rhythm Adventure this week, for real this time. I need to stop playing Picross or I'll burn myself out, and a rhythm game might tear me away. ^_^; I bought a cartridge version of it, but I just realized it isn't a US cartridge, so if there's DLC, I probably won't be able to get it. Note to self if I get the newer one.