Backlog 2022

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Have fun with your new island, Wizard Molly :)

~

You know, it always bugged me that Brewster took it personally if you didn't drink coffee while it is HOT (more in New Leaf than now, though). That can scald your mouth to the point of causing pain for hours. However, I just noticed today that he said the perfect brewing temp is 176.9. That's actually quite drinkable. I have a proper tea kettle that brews to temperature. Regular green tea is 175 (though shade-grown green like gyokuro or matcha is much lower.) I can drink it straight from pouring it, no problem. (Though with tea you actually DO have to wait 1-5 minutes, depending on the tea, since it has to steep before it'll have *any* flavour.)

I don't drink coffee, in fact I hate it, so I have no idea if anything Brewster says has merit, but at least I know he's not trying to burn me repeatedly.

Yesterday...I forgot I bought turnips. I never buy turnips! So I forgot. So I have no idea what price pattern I'm on, yet. :? Well, I just bought them so Baby Joan would send me a turnip recipe, since I hear she has four of them to share. I bought 100 of the stupid things, but NO RECIPE came the next day. You gross me out from the start, Daisy Mae, with that vile swinging snot you've got going on...BLOW YOUR NOSE!...and don't cheat me of my recipes! They are the only reason I'll ever interact with you. :P Snot-swinging swine...

Seriously I usually run from Daisy Mae. She really grosses me out. Perhaps she knows this is the only way she'll be relevant in the game...she has to withhold the recipes. :evil:

Making the ______ a combo between a gyroid room and a KK Slider showcase, since gyroids go with music anyway. I have just 2 shy of enough gyroids to cover the entire part of the room that I wanted to, on all four walls. 24 gyroids, and I need 26. I can add the other two later, though, as long as I remember which ones they were. I more than ever wish that we could give items a quarter turn. This is particularly desirable for things placed in corners, ya know, Nintendo.

Anyway, complaining is part of the fun, for some reason :) I'm actually enjoying this a bit...I think it fits my current exhaustion. I knew I was going to crash big after helping with grandma for 3-4 months. Didn't know Dad'd die right on the tail end of that, and I don't know if my current winter-level fatigue (which is basically seasonal depression due to lack of sunlight) is due to grandma, dad, both, or neither. It'd be helpful if I did! I wish bodies made announcements when they do weird things, explaining why they're doing them. I'd help you, stupid body, if I had any idea how to go about it! For now you just get lots of water and a bit of green tea and dark chocolate.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I got to Hunter Rank 20 in Monster Hunter Rise yesterday. It only took an hour or two because I ended up catching the wave of Japanese players who are 80% incredibly reliable. Raising your HR isn't as long as I assumed it would be (I feel like it took AGES in the previous games). I was just focusing on doing yet uncompleted quests and getting the nice checkmark next to the star ranking, and then I was suddenly HR20 and fighting Chameleos.

Chameleos itself was an interesting fight. So much of my muscle memory is engrained to continually snap the camera back to the monster after my combo, but you can't do that when the monster is continually making itself invisible. Was a little dicey as two of my party members carted, but I came in with the clutch with the healing AOE powders that EVERYONE should have in their inventory. They heal the entire party and can prevent many deaths, especially when a monster is on your party member's « Mr.Gourmet's hat » and they don't have time to heal. Thankfully(and hilariously), we beat it, but we couldn't claim all the glory because a wandering Rathalos came by and gave the finishing blow lol.

While I have the unlock conditions for Sunbreak done, if I want to finish the story, I need to be HR 50, and then there's apparently another set of credits after I reach HR100 and beat the big baddie associated with it. I MIGHT make it to 50 before Sunbreak, but I don't see myself hitting 100, especially since Three Hopes is out in 3 days!
FarmingForDaysMan
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Mabbie wrote: Jun 20, 2022 8:42 am
FarmingForDaysMan wrote: Jun 19, 2022 7:54 pm
Kikki wrote: Jun 19, 2022 2:51 pm Glad you're liking Ace Attorney so much, FarmingForDaysMan! I'm happy that you didn't come to think Nick was just a pathetic moron who couldn't do anything right unless Professor Layton was there to do his thinking for him. :?
Yessssssss, I love all of the Ace Attorney characters :lol:
I was madly in love with Detective Gumshoe. C'mon, the guys is simply the best.
Yes, he’s a champ :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~
I played some more RF4 last night. I’ve taken a break from trying to complete the storyline, and I am currently focusing on farming and raising friendship with the bachelors. I’ve been playing Apollo Justice, as well. I finished visiting with Lamiroir in the Hickfield Clinic; I wasn’t sure what to do next, so I went back to the stage. When I play again, maybe I’ll try looking at the instrument case that Lamiroir was hiding in.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I wish I could find more fan stuff on ACNH online. By that I mean...bit AC sites like Animal Crossing World. All they do now is re-post lists of seasonal fish and bugs and occasional notices on tiny patch updates or etc that are totally meaningless. It's like there's nothing fun left even for those still avidly playing. But there MUST be, right? Or they wouldn't be playing!

What I wish fan sites would do is, show us 'best of' stuff. Like...the best (or most creative, most unusual, etc) use of gyroids. The best use of cliffs, of waterscaping. Of the castle wall items. Of the new moss items, or the science pods. Or the best houses and yards designed for Petri, or Clay or *fill in the blanks* There would be endless content to cover, then, and I'd love to see an entire collection of house and/or yard designs for Tangy or Petri or Lucky (etc.) I'd love to see unique ways to use the storefront item, or the castle wall, or crates, windmill, lighthouse, or any especially useful or popular items.

'Best' is so subjective, instead it could be 'most creative' or 'unusual/unique/inspired'...whatever adjective allows the broadest interpretation. And they wouldn't have to rely only on screenshots or towns they've seen for themselves...they could post the topic and open it to screenshots their viewers send in, of their own towns or towns they've happened upon in a dream or etc.

Makes me want to operate such a site myself, but I simply don't play enough or ever visit the towns of others (except friends like Shan, and only very briefly...I rarely actually look around.) But plenty of fan sites already exist, yet I rarely see what I want to see from any of them. Best use of bridges, inclines, pathing...etc.

Got some mail today and it's all good stuff, though in spite of my having SIDE DOOR written in every available spot in my profile, they YET AGAIN dropped it off at the FRONT DOOR in the POURING RAIN. The side door is covered! AND IT'S THE ONE YOU COME TO FIRST, as it's right on the laneway. Ugh. Oh well, fortunately I ran out and grabbed my package within five minutes of it being dropped off. Top was still noodly soft with water, though!

EDIT: Julian just tried to sell me his used dress shirt for MORE than brand-new-from-the-store price, and got snitty and stormed off with his snoot in the air when I said that was too high. Kiss my pixels, Julian. I'm taking away that gyroid I left by your house. And maybe that unicorn stuffie, too. This is why you can't have nice things. (Read: because you're a jerk.)
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

^
The bell tree forum might be your best bet. I’m on there with the name Shipper-Girl-27 though I’m not on there too often anymore.

On the topic of coffee, the only way I’ll drink it if it’s ice coffee either from Starbucks or dunkin donuts. I absolutely hate tea. Unless it’s boba tea.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Sounds like you don't like coffee or tea at all...sounds like what you like is sugar. Flavoured sugar. Liquid candy, kinda. :)

No luck with Bell Tree...they don't seem to have the kind of thing I want to see. I see lots of ordinary-looking screenshots of daily goings-on on people's islands, but no examples of extraordinary use of castle walls or floor lights or bridges or...etc. What I really want is a focus on unique or unusual design. I do find these things, but scattered one at a time all across the internet, nothing gathered together to make it easy to get inspiration for awesome ways to use bridges and inclines or etc.

Oh...I finished Autumn's Journey yesterday. It's quite short and the different routes are very barely different, so speeding through them takes about five minutes after you finish the first one. There may be a 'no romance' route, but I didn't bother. Not a very interesting story, for me.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I do like my sugar lol.

Maybe pinterest? It sounds like you want a storyboard type of a thing.

I have a use for the castle items later I’ll update my DA so you can look without me being online.
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

As I recall, there were three endings in Autumn's Journey. Personally, I liked the friendship ending better than the pairings. I thought it was all right, but VNs are not really my thing so I don't how it compares to others.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I am down to my final 5 games! I just beat Neo TWEWY and I loved that ending. Such a good game. Next up is NieR Replicant. I just did the prologue bit for now as I'm a bit gamed out (I played Neo for about 12 hours straight to finish it) and I'm already liking the improved gameplay from the original. They really did learn a lot from Automata and implemented that gameplay into Replicant. I'm hoping to finish it up before June is over and then July can be Final Fantasy's time before Xenoblade Chronicles 3 comes out.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

greensara wrote: Jun 22, 2022 4:47 pm As I recall, there were three endings in Autumn's Journey. Personally, I liked the friendship ending better than the pairings. I thought it was all right, but VNs are not really my thing so I don't how it compares to others.
I've played a lot of VNs, and Autumn's Journey is among the least interesting, imo. There's just not much to it. Most I've played are MUCH deeper/more intricate, and most importantly, a lot more engaging. (And longer, of course...it'd probably have to be, to fit all the extra plot detail in.) But it's quick, so next time I turn on my PS4, I'll shoot through the friendship end, as I'm betting there's not much more to it than the two romance endings, length-wise, so it'll only take me five minutes, lol. I never felt invested in Autumn's Journey at any point, I'm afraid. Like...why am I a witness to this story? What about these people or story even matters? Well, maybe the friendship end has a little more weight...we'll see.

Speaking of visual novels...The Somnium Files: nirvanA Initiative is tomorrow! I'm looking foward to it. It should be right in time to distract me from cramps, lol. I like when things come together in a way that makes me feel like the universe is not, in fact, out to get me. I'm not so delusional as to actually think the universe cares about me either way, but still.

I think I'm almost done with Rimuldar. I ended up going back into another replay of DQB1 and Chapter 2 is my favourite...I blasted through the whole chapter in 6 hours or so...I think where I am is right before the final battle. Though I have to go back and check the challenges...I know I didn't go fish up the Crown Goowels! I'm probably missing more, too, so gotta check. But I wasn't supposed to pick DQB up again anyway, lol.

Oh, I have picked up 3 more new gyroids, for a total of 27 different ones. I'll expand Jivin' Jyroidz slightly when I have ALL of them, so that every single one can be viewed within the same room. :) I've also learned about a dozen more cooking recipes and grabbed a bunch more nook miles via accomplishments. And I sold my turnips yesterday afternoon for slightly better than 50% profit. I think I'll buy turnips from now on, since it's a compelling reason to boot up the game, even just for five minutes twice a day, and that'd let me remember, I hope, to go get coffee and do several other basic dailies. Not sure how long I can keep an interest, but anything is a bonus, at this point.

EDIT: Getting a desire to pair up a few specific villagers, roommate-wise. Gonna call Timmy to have the Nookling pair. Gonna pair Tangy (my villager) and Apple (I'll have to wait for her to show up on the HHP island somewhere, but then it's aaaaaall apples and oranges, baby!) and Chrissy and Francine (obvious.) Currently pairing Queenie with Roscoe, because they both want to live in high-contrast black-and-white worlds.
Last edited by Kikki on Jun 23, 2022 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mabbie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Bought Ni no Kuni Wrath of the White Witch on a sale, paid R$29 instead of R$159.

Simply don't have time to play.

Growing up sucks.
FarmingForDaysMan
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

I played some ACNH and Apollo Justice last night. I’m working from 1-8ish today, so hopefully my villagers will be in the mood to celebrate my birthday when I get home tonight.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Hunter Rank 30 in Monster Hunter Rise! The Kushala Daora probably would've been more of a challenge if the surrounding monsters stoped picking fights with it and winning. My team and I ended up bullying the poor thing to death with riding said monsters and using their super moves. I did almost cart myself though, thank goodness for moxie skills! Anyways, this seems like a good place to stop for now. Fire Emblem Three Hopes comes out tomorrow and I'm in the mood to bum around my Animal Crossing island for a little bit (I BLAME ALL OF YOU).

Slight problem, the whole family has covid. As in everyone in the house except me is sick. I have a sore throat but no other symptoms (I also feel fine) and my tests keep coming back negative. Gonna have to see how my test goes tomorrow and if I'm still feeling OK. I'm basically the house nurse + errand runner rn on top of work, so I'm busy and don't have time to be sick! :mrgreen:

P.S. My, 'My Nintendo' Brewster coasters came in today! They're suuuuper cute, but I don't think I'll ever use them lol!

Edit: looks like I accidentally deleted my Animal Crossing save data awhile back and my Island Recovery doesn't work. Welp. I'm honestly not really mad, I had done everything in the game that I had wanted to. If anything this gives me motivation to do another playthrough another time. I guess for now I'll just stare at my Switch screen until Three Hopes unlocks lol.
Somerandom
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Still on the road to finishing RF 5. Only 3 in game weeks before I throw in the towel for good.

Well, I bought some new games at the eshop sale on switch recently. Even though it doesn’t interest me as much as the SoS games, I bought Stardew valley because I heard good things about it. However literally none of the characters in game interest me whatsoever. I think I’m going to stay single when I play the game tbh. The other one I bought was Tales of Vesperia because I’ve heard good things about it and I loved the Yuri, Estelle and Flynn friendship in the project X zone series. I’ve decided to go into the game basically blind because I’ve never played a tales game before.

I was also contemplating buying the heirs of fate DLC for FE fates, does anyone know if it’s good? I like the look of the maps and the design of them but I just don’t like the concept of the DLC as it is a rehash of awakening’s bad future plot just with less interesting (in my opinion) child characters. I’m only wondering this because the eshop goes offline next year.

I tried to get into to street fighter 4 but I just can’t. The only characters that aren’t annoying/freaks to me in the starting roster are Ryu,Chun Li and Ken. Maybe it’s my fault for only paying a couple dollars for the vanilla version of the game because I didn’t want to pay extra for the super ultra edition of the game as I had no idea whether I would like it or not. Still not a huge fan of the gameplay though, I’m probably just going back to Tekken if I want to play a fighting game.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Restarting is a sure way to rekindle your interest for a while, though it might not last that long. :)

Ow, ow, ow, craaaaaaaaamps!

I ate a lot of chocolate this morning. Temporarily works considerably better on cramps than NSAIDs, though you're better off to take both. I also 'pre-ordered' nirvanA Initiative at 4AM this morning. I'd say it's pre-loading, but it's not, because I'm playing ACNH. But! I got two dorados in a row this morning, and a hammerhead, and a mahi mahi, on my own pier, no less! Raaaaaaare! And when it turned 5AM and the day cycled, CHIP was in my town. Sold my extra fish for a tidy bundle. I also customized the jingloid, the finding of which has made it so that I now have 28 of 36 gyroids. I think the jingloid may be my top favourite gyroid, as the customizations are all gorgeous, and the blue with the pastel rainbow sequins is just...ack, I love it. I want them littered everywhere across my whole town, except near Julian. They are exactly perfect for Julian, but he gets NO gyroids, that rude twerp. Everyone else shall have gyroids, but not he! Not ever. Suck it, Julian.

I designed the final facility expansion, so no more new facility work left in HHP for me. I've given Tangy some chocolates now, though, so I just have to give her a house and then wait for Apple to show up on her own on the HHP home island so I can pair them up as roommates. I'm also going to keep an eye out for any of the characters who unlock the castle gate and the castle tower. I already have the wall. Fortunately, I know who to look for, to snatch when they show up so I can unlock those items to buy from Wardell.

Oh, and Tangy was giving me THAT face. That most commonly used Twitter emoji face! The 'pleading face'. I hate that emoji, lol...I want to punch it. But anyway, Tangy was making it, I swear. Look:
Spoiler:
I got my cup-and-saucer from Brewster today. Internet says you get it on your 15th, but I got it on my 16th! (Easy to tell what cup you're on, cuz of the achievement that counts all the way up to 50 for you.) Anyway, for now, puttering around a little with ACNH, but really just waiting on nirvanA Initiative, which unlocks...I dunno. Today. Possibly noon, since that seems to the be default time in Eastern if it's not a midnight unlock, though I'm finding games increasingly unlock at non-standard times, so...not sure what to expect.

Gonna finish up with Tangy, look around to see if I have any of the people who'd unlock castle tower or gate, or Apple, then quit and let TSF: NA finish downloading. And have some more cramps. And maybe some water to go with the cramps.