Backlog 2022

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
infel
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Bluie wrote: Sep 04, 2022 4:58 am I can't believe I'm saying this but, I cannot recommend FFXIV to anyone right now. The game still plays perfectly fine, the story is amazing, but dear lord has the community completely gone down the shitter lately. Nobody has any patience any more, playing solo with randos is like poking a hornet's nest. You may get sweet and nice people, but lately everyone is angry at everyone and no one can do anything right. I have specifically been avoiding dungeons for the past year or so in my dailies because nobody wants to work together or be considerate to one another. Not everyone is « Snuggly Bunny » married to this game and spends every waking moment in it. I forget boss mechanics all the time because there's well over 100 of them at this point and I don't have the brain capacity for each of their patterns. Then there's cases like my Father-in-law who just wants to play it casually for the crafting/gathering/collecting aspect but there's content locked behind difficult fights(which he has trouble with because his eyes are bad). I will gladly hold his hand through everything because I want him to enjoy himself despite the hard mechanics, but the rest of the community would treat him like a burden. It wasn't like this during Shadowbringers, what the hell happened?
I'm really sorry you are having to go through this. Fandoms/Communities can be good but also bad depending on how people are treating each other. Final Fantasy itself has such a big community and this game is highly popular. It was nice though when seeing how people usually helped each other. It's sad that now things are becoming hectic. Makes me not want to try it honestly. I've been through something like this with the Steven Universe fandoms....As for your step dad, maybe do help him or maybe you can help find him people who aren't jerks. Or maybe get him into another game if you're able? Breath of the wild, Atelier (you said he likes crafting and gathering), Xenoblade, Skyrim (which i really think may be a good choice) or the Witcher. These are some examples, though Xenoblade and Atelier have the crafting aspect. Anyway, just small tips. I hope it works out for him and you.
infel
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Happy September everyone. I hope you guys had a nice August. Sadly, September where I am is starting out stressful for everyone because of the heat. Today is going to be particularly bad and I'm highly nervous because of it.

Anyway, in terms of games, I have to make a statement about the Trails community. People are really angry at Nis due to them giving a group of translators and cease and desist order for spreadsheets for the new Trails games. Fans are very upset with this and some on 4chan are making plans to review bomb Zero, which comes out at the end of the month.

Honestly, I feel like things are just becoming too hectic with many things. I also don't know how I personally feel on this. I get why fans are mad and do like it when they stand up for the right thing, but I also get why Nis did this. I'm not at all sure what side I'm one because i know Nis has a habit of being anti-consumer, but the fans who are angry aren't in the right either since they are said to be harassing Nis and even being nasty to those who want to still buy game. Right now I worry the most for Zero because it doesn't deserve this treatment. I hear it's a good game and now with this whole review bombing plan, it may not sell well. Hope I'm wrong of course. Anyway, it's quite an intense scene in parts of the Trails community and I'm not entirely sure what I think. All I know is that I'll still get it when it comes out because I want to play it.

In terms of my own gaming, sadly things have been slow. Honestly, I think I'm really bad at making choices and sticking to things lol. I am still playing Animal Crossing New Horizons though. Nearly done paying off my house and even remodeled some things. It's still a highly relaxing game and this week I know I'm gonna need it. Haven't played much Digimon though for the past three weeks. Miss the game and I really need to finish it so I can at least check it off my backlog.

Haven't played much Trails in the Sky either. I think it's been two weeks at this point. I just don't have the want to play just yet, but the good news is that I still remember what I did. I'm at a good point in the game actually. Oh right, I also want to say I got my Steam Deck last week. It's a nice system honestly. I'll be playing Trails and Disgaea 2 on it for now. Only thing is, that it gets hot really quick and some have had problems with it malfunctioning after a few weeks. Still, I'm excited to use it more this month. Right now though, I'm on the Switch.

Speaking on Disaea, I'm playing Disgaea 1 Complete right now on the Switch. I was going to play it on the PC, but given how tired I am, the Switch is the best option. I will admit though, I also am playing this version because of the nice updated sprites. Also, I've been playing some DS Cute on and off.

So yeah, I sadly haven't made the best progress and i know this week I won't likely either because of the heat. Can't play on PS because of the brown outs we may have sadly. Right now, I have no majors plans with games and instead have to focus staying alert and doing my coding class.

I'll just say I'm hoping to play some Xenoblade 1 or Trails in the Sky this week, or at least get farther in Digimon. Animal Crossing, Disgaea and DS Cute are honestly games I'm playing right now to keep me calm. So yeah, not much planned right now, but I'm hoping I can get some progress on my backlog. Sadly for me, the rest of my week is staying alert and not using too much energy since we're having flex alerts as well.
Roinda

Post  Posted:

Spent the last couple of days playing AC, alternating between NL and NH. Turned my attention back to Cybersleuth last night but only played about five minutes or so as I wasn’t in the mood due to not feeling well.

Purchased a second Switch from Amazon yesterday which will arrive tomorrow. I want to do some experimenting in NH and can’t really do it with my current file. Well, I could, but don’t really want to start over again, not at the moment anyway as I did so only a few days ago. My fellow travelers this time were Lyman and Renee which I was really happy about as they were the two I had the very first time I played.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Erm...Worth Life became difficult!

I can still battle through my enemies if I'm careful, but there's this ONE enemy...a bright red floating crystal thing, that SPIKES out once in a while to attempt to kill you...they're all vicious, but this red one seems to one-shot me every time, and I can't figure out if it has a KO ability, or if its damage is just that high. I always kill it in one swing, and yet, it kills me at the same time. If I avoid touching it at all, just catching it with the tip of the sword...would that work? It's frustrating cuz it's far into the screen, and you have to kill EVERY enemy on that screen, and many tough ones are before it...so I have to kill THEM just to get to this one. And then it always insta-kills me, and I have to start over. If it were at the beginning of the region, I'd feel free to experiment with ways of killing it, but it isn't. I can kill the blue crystal no problem (though it does a lot of damage, too...just not enough for one-shot KO.)

Though now I've been killed SO often that I've gotten every single negative Appeal, which gave me an Appeal option to be immune to ALL negative appeals, so I never have to go back to the fortuneteller for healing after a KO...I just have to start the gauntlet again from the beginning. *grump* Well, it's something.

I could progress significantly if I figured out how to kill this flying red urchin. In fact, if not for it, I think I'd already be done the game! (Unless there's even more sections after this, but I hope not!)
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote: Sep 05, 2022 9:17 am Wow, that's unfortunate. I always heard that FFXIV was the absolute nicest bunch of players, particularly toward newbies. If they're mean now, it's like the player base has lost its identity.
I feel like newbies are still able to get the most kind part of the fanbase. If there's a sprout icon next to a player name, it's like an unwritten rule that you're going to need to be patient, we were all there at some point. I actually adore helping newbies get their first clear on really anything. Watching people experience stuff for the first time is so refreshing compared to what I have to deal with lately. If there's no sprout anymore, you get a flag that indicates you're up to date with the story content or you've put in a certain amount of hours into the game. People just assume that if the flag is there then you're immediately on the same level as them, and no, it just doesn't work like that. I'm not completely innocent here either, I too get impatient and frustrated with people, but I will never, ever get aggressive with people in chat. You don't know what people are going through or if they're just having an off day, so better for me to just get the internal screaming out at my TV screen and leave it there.
Mikodesu wrote: Sep 05, 2022 10:38 pm @Bluie: :\ So sorry to hear about the FFXIV community getting so frustrating. Do you think the influx of new players has had anything to do with it? No idea what the WoW community is/was like, but I've never heard the good things about it that you always heard about FFXIV. Maybe good or bad it's just...too many people to mix well.
The WoW community has left a mark, that's for sure. I don't think all bad/impatient players are WoW refugees, but I do remember some of them sassing me over how they were 'used to doing it like x, try to keep up' when called out on their « Male Cow Poopoo ». Like, congrats « Duck Quacker », do you want a trophy for being ignorant or something? FFXIV still has a lot of good eggs, but it's just been one thing after another lately. Tempers are especially high with all the new gear dropping and people trying to clear the new savages asap, but it's no excuse to get upset at people.
infel wrote: Sep 06, 2022 6:16 amI'm really sorry you are having to go through this. Fandoms/Communities can be good but also bad depending on how people are treating each other. Final Fantasy itself has such a big community and this game is highly popular. It was nice though when seeing how people usually helped each other. It's sad that now things are becoming hectic. Makes me not want to try it honestly. I've been through something like this with the Steven Universe fandoms....As for your step dad, maybe do help him or maybe you can help find him people who aren't jerks. Or maybe get him into another game if you're able? Breath of the wild, Atelier (you said he likes crafting and gathering), Xenoblade, Skyrim (which i really think may be a good choice) or the Witcher. These are some examples, though Xenoblade and Atelier have the crafting aspect. Anyway, just small tips. I hope it works out for him and you.
I appreciate your encouragement and suggestions. My FiL is picky when it comes to games. He finds one he really likes and then plays it to death. For example, he's been playing RuneScape since it's launch in 2007 and recently finally stopped playing it due to having literally nothing left to do in game. He's also beaten Elden Ring so many times and has all the achievements. He's still enjoying FFXIV, but takes the harder content slow while doing what he likes on the side. He's not hurting for games, I buy them for him all the time, he just never touches them. He may eventually, but he has to get tired of his other hyperfocuses first.

And in the general discussion of FFXIV, since my last post I suddenly inherited a Free Company alongside it's house. This is... surreal. I knew the owner for awhile now and they just dipped because they didn't want it anymore. I never in my entire time with this game thought I'd ever own a house. It's extremely difficult to acquire one, and expensive. I've been spending all my free time organizing our members, changing some stuff, and getting our workshop sorted out. FiL is having a blast helping make the airships and submarines and I now have to keep an eye on our little group. Still don't know how to feel about it all, but I'll do my best.

I'm thinking about maybe just... canceling all my preorders for the rest of the year and just ignoring my backlog so I can just bum around in MMOs. I have played 18 games this year, one of which being a 100+ hour visual novel, and I am tired. I don't want to start another VN or JRPG, I just want easy drop in and out gameplay. I'm still getting Splatoon 3 and Dragon Ball The Breakers because they fit into that category, but I can't see myself playing Harvestella any time soon. That may change over time, but I'm not even really excited for it. I will still be getting Pokemon S&V though, because I'm a slave to the brand and It gives me so much serotonin.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Worth Life is complete! Apparently I could have achieved a better ending by doing one thing, but I DON'T CARE. (I don't actually know when it was an option, tbh.) After finishing 4 regions, the game started to feel like Ever Oasis, and in the worst possible way. Ever Oasis was adorable, but the gameplay loop overstayed its welcome. It's like the devs were so charmed by their own gameplay loop that they thought we all would want to play it forever. Worth Life does the same thing, using the identical gameplay loop over and over, but it isn't as good a game as Ever Oasis, so the latter half of the game felt like such a CHORE.

They did a good job with their side activities, but that's about the best praise I can give it. The way they went about farming and fishing and so on was pretty unique, and in some cases, fun. (Not in all cases, though, but even when it was un-fun, it was still fairly unique, and I think that deserves points on its own, as uniqueness is hard to come by.) I'd give the game a 5/10, I think. (4/10 if not for the various bits of uniqueness. It's not a very interesting story and the characters are boring, too.) If I could go back and not bother buying it, I probably would. It's not a terrible game but it's not good, either.

Very glad to be done, in any case. That's 19 games in 2022! (Not including replays, and I replayed the beasts that are ToCS: III and IV.) I hurried to get that done today, as I'm going to be getting busier for a bit. (Not anything crazy, though.) I don't think I can get Egglia done as well this month, and I don't want to force myself through another game...I feel worn out from doing so with Worth Life. I want to play something I genuinely enjoy. I may have one more stab at continuing RF5. IT's not like I disliked the game, it just didn't hold me. Plus it was a gift from my parents and happens to be the last thing I got from them before my dad died. I'm not particularly sentimental but that gives me a little extra motivation to finish it. Egglia and RF5 are the only games I have left that I actually plan to try to finish. Guess I'm doing okay!

As of yesterday my right arm, on the back, about four inches above the elbow...if I press it into the back of my recliner, it SEARS, like an acid burn. Wth?!? I recognize nerve pain when I feel it. A week or two ago I was having the 'back beaten by nettles' feeling, which is also nerve pain. What on earth is going on?? I'm going to attempt to contact my neurologist tomorrow after I see the chiro first thing in the morning. Thankfully, it doesn't hurt much unless I press the back of my arm into something, which is easy enough to avoid most of the time. But do so accidentally and my eyes just about pop out, lol. (At least there was no danger of missing it!) This is sounding more and more like it's due to MS than anything else, but...gotta see if I can talk to my neuro first. All I know is: it's weird.
FarmingForDaysMan
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

I’ve loved RF4 so much that I IMPULSIVELY purchased RF5 (despite already having read all of your opinions when the game first came out), thinking that I could make myself love the game. Currently not loving it. The map in the top right corner of the screen is really throwing me off. It didn’t bother me too badly when I played yesterday because I’m slowly getting accustomed to the town, but when I first opened the game and had to meet everyone in town…I was so frustrated 😂 I’m fine as long as I don’t watch the map while I’m exploring. The size of the town and the areas outside of town is overwhelming. I wasn’t afraid of the monsters in RF4, but I decided to explore outside of Rigbarth yesterday, and I don’t know if I ever want to leave the town again xD Not by myself, at least. I ran as far as I could, internally screaming as I dodged all of the enemies I came across. Eventually, I found myself backed into a corner, and that’s when I remembered that I could warp back into town. At least the outfits in the game are super cute!

I’ve also been playing New Horizons and Azran Legacy. I finally got my three-star island, and as for Azran Legacy, I’ve almost finished traveling around the world with Uncle Dessy. Can’t wait to unlock that soundtrack!
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Whoever asked for impressions of Dreamlight valley, here goes.

From what I’ve played in the past 5 hours off and on, it’s a lot like animal Crossing. It’s very open and you literally can customize everything. There’s a quest system, along with a stamina bar, but you don’t pass out. You easily can gain back your energy buy eating or going back to your house. Easy to make money by farming, carets are the key. Mining and fishing also is a good way to make money. You have to find your basic tools, which can be difficult if you don’t search every angle of everything.

Also the game clock matches your system clock.
*LaI*
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

One thing about Dreamlight Valley. If anyone is interested in trying it out, the basic pack is available in the xbox gamepass and you can get the first month for 1$ on a new account.

It works on PC, xbox and phones via cloud with a controller (no touch support and you need to get the ultimate pass, but the 1$ offer still applies to it). Not sure if it can be made to work on the steam deck.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Probably everybody's at least idly curious about some first-hand feedback. Because I LOVE town-building, I have to keep reminding myself that I find Disney characters mostly rather annoying. Mostly the classic ones from 50 years ago, though, not so much newer ones. Mickey Mouse basically gives me the creeps, but Wall-E, Moana, Anna, Elsa...they're all okay.

I hear the graphics aren't as good on Switch and that it has some crashes there, and menu lag and long loading times, more than other consoles. (Never good to hear, but always expected.) And I'm confused about the Star Pass. I know what it is, but does it exist in this Early Access period. One review I read made me extra confused...made it sound like it was a feature not available until full release, but they (the reviewer) were already trying it, lol.

I'm off to shower, now, as I've gotta get out to the chiro early and then possibly spend quite a lot of time trying to speak to anyone at the MS Clinic to see if I can get some feedback on the bizarre and atypical stuff going on right now. I think I have some things to do today, though I can't call them to mind (not a fun thing to say, lol) so I don't know if I'll be playing anything or not. I really should try to open RF5 up again. What's stopping me? It's the weirdest thing, when there's nothing I hate about it. I guess it's because there's also nothing special about it, for me.
*LaI*
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote: Sep 07, 2022 4:03 am And I'm confused about the Star Pass. I know what it is, but does it exist in this Early Access period. One review I read made me extra confused...made it sound like it was a feature not available until full release, but they (the reviewer) were already trying it, lol.
The star pass does exist from day one. The current one will last 34 days and it's based on the Incredibles for the most part, some items from Coco around too. I don't know if the items from the premium path are exclusive, the free ones aren't cos someone had one them in the normal in-game shop.

The first one seems quite cheap. It costs 2500 moonstones to unlock the premium path but you get around 2100 back if you complete it.

What's not yet implemented are any other uses for the Moonstones, or the store to buy them, so can't tell how much they plan to charge for them.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

That's cool :) I'm glad they're starting with a Star Path I don't like, so I don't feel rushed by it being limited-time availability stuff. People seem to be LOVING this game, but they're also very enthused about it being DISNEY. I've yet to find anyone review the game and say that it'd be a fun game even if you're not crazy about Disney characters...the characters seem to be a BIG part of the charm for all the people I've heard from so far.

Can't tell if the gameplay is fun enough to hold up even if the Disney characters are no special draw for you. Mind you, I find myself kind of wanting to be hang out with characters like Ursula and Scar.

I'd probably ignore this, but RF5 and Egglia aren't really appealing to me at the moment. I don't really want to play any of the games I already have. Not right now, anyway, and I got a bit burned out on forcing myself to play things I don't actually WANT to play with Cloud Gardens and Worth Life.

EDIT: I cancelled my Trails from Zero pre-order (PS4 physical copy.) I know that Switch and PC will have a graphically superior version since Durante is working on upscaling those versions (haven't heard that the same will apply to PS4, though) and as important as achievements are for me in Trails, I should be able to have them on PC, too...AND the game is fully verified for Steam Deck. Had to get help from customer service at Amazon, but they're generally great, and they cancelled it for me promptly. I read every single screen of Zero in the LP by Really Pants, so there's no surprises there for me...it feels like a replay rather than a new game, and I just don't need that right now. So...when I'm in the mood, I'll pick it up for Steam Deck. That frees a tiny bit of extra space in the big crush of games descending upon me from late September through until early November.
Reyvin
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

The Disney game sounds good :)

I'm apparently working my way backwards from the games I have on my switch... newest to oldest. The newer ones just draw me in more cause I got them recently and they still feel shiny.

I finished Birushana today. It was imo a really good game and I enjoyed all of the routes. My personal ranking would be Noritsune > Yoritomo/Shungen > Tomomori > Benkei. As for the side characters, I really have a soft spot for Tadanobu.

Next on my list will be... continuing my 2nd Three Hopes Playthrough (Dimitri's house) and also getting into Even if Tempest, which I bought as a reward for being praised at work hahaha :oops:
Code_Name_Geek
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

I'm still chipping away at RF4S. I haven't been playing as much as I would like, since I'm kind of stressed about starting a new job, but I think once that settles in I'll be able to focus more on fun stuff again. I beat the first story arc a while ago and I'm somewhere in the second arc now, coming up on my first winter. I've been working a lot on crafting and farming, but need to work more on taming some more monsters and befriending villagers.

I also started a 3DS puzzle game called Pushmo. It's one of the many digital 3DS games I've been collecting from the eShop before it closes so I wanted to get a start on some of those. I also wanted a nice puzzle game I could make progress in without the ads or monetization of mobile games (I've been having horrible luck in gachas lately so I need a bit of a break from that). It's nice so far, a little more platforming than I expected but you can rewind time so it's not too frustrating. The puzzles haven't been terribly hard but a few have made me think a little more, and I think they're starting to get harder now. I'm just finding it difficult to sit down and start it, for some reason, but once I do I burn through a few worlds with no problem at all.

With my family going back to school I'll have some more time to myself so I might start a console game once I've settled into my job a little more. Okami is high on my list for that, as well as the first two Tony Hawk Pro Skater games (which I used to play as a child but never the career mode, only multiplayer with my brother).
Harvest Moon kawaii
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Spoiler:
Currently playing:

Little Busters English Edition (Steam)
Doraemon: Story of Seasons (Switch)

Recently beat:

Loopers (Switch)
Behind the Frame: The Finest Scenery (Switch)
Later Daters (one route) (Switch)

Games beat in 2022: 8
I didn't beat Digimon Survive yet. I'm still in the same spot as last time. 'm putting Digimon Survive to wayside for the time being.

But, I did start up Little Busters (English Edition) on Steam. It's really cute, even only 2 hours in. I'm still on the common route, of course.

I also started up Doraemon: Story of Seasons (the first one) on the Switch for the first time, and am really enjoying it so far even though I only just got past the one hour tutorial. Although, I already forgot the first request, and am confused about what to do next.