Backlog 2022

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Quick question about XC3. I don't want any story spoilers, but there is one thing I want spoilered on, and that's the state of the world. Specifically...is Alrest one place? Meaning, is it like XC2, with multiple titans, each one being its own world/land/country? Or is it more like Xenoblade, which, depending on how you look at it, is either one world, or two joined worlds. (I think of it as two countries, but one world.)

I hated the titans of XC2. I hated the individual worlds. I want a huge, stationary place to explore, like the Bionis of XC1, NOT like Argentum, Gormott, Uraya, Tantal, etcetcetc, of XC2. I don't know why, but the multiple titans felt cheap, shallow and uninteresting to me and I didn't enjoy it at all, so I've really been hoping for another big world to explore. Each world felt like a kid's playground in XC2, rather than an adult's world. More like a single yard, than an entire country. I just...really didn't like the world(s) of XC2!

I'm not looking for a complicated answer. An 'Alrest is more like XC1' or a 'sorry, more like XC2' would do. If the answer is a big story spoiler, then of course, the answer must be the haunting chirp of many crickets. I am going to find out for myself tomorrow; I think my game will arrive in the area of 11AM-1PM, but it's a detail that's bothered me all along, since it appeared to me to be a larger single world like XC1, but I couldn't be sure. I loved exploring in XC1, and didn't feel like there was any exploration at all in XC2. (Though nothing beats XCX for exploration. Not even BotW! I think the world of XCX being so very ALIVE gave it the biggest edge over BotW.)
yzafre
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote: Aug 01, 2022 7:02 am Quick question about XC3. I don't want any story spoilers, but there is one thing I want spoilered on, and that's the state of the world. Specifically...is Alrest one place? Meaning, is it like XC2, with multiple titans, each one being its own world/land/country? Or is it more like Xenoblade, which, depending on how you look at it, is either one world, or two joined worlds. (I think of it as two countries, but one world.)
More like XC1, so far. I'm early enough I have no confirmation, but I theorize that this world is
Spoiler:
The "new continents" from both games' end-states smashed together messily. There are certain rock formations that look suspiciously like titan-heads eroded by time. Not to mention the giant eroded sword towering over everything.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I've only seen one trailer of XC3, from when it was first revealed, but as soon as I saw it, I felt like something was amuck with the world, because several locations looked just like certain places that probably shouldn't exist any more, at least not the way they were, which was confusing. However, it was about 1.5 seconds in a single trailer and I haven't even picked up the game, yet, so...dunno what's up, there. I'm hoping this game ties up any lose ends and full completes this story, so that they can move on to a NEW Xenoblade story, next time. There are certain key story points I just never want to see again, lol...I regretted seeing their return in XC2, so...yeah, as much as I loved the first game, I'm ready for this story to be wrapped up so they can start something fresh. Or make XCX2, since they really left that story hanging. :?
Reyvin
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I... got Xenoblade 3 today. Have been spending my evening after work so far just playing and taking in the scenery and music and the feel of a massive world and story to explore. I just love the feeling of Xenoblade games. They feel so vast and magical. I even adore the British voice acting that thinks "muppet" is an insult :lol:

As for the characters, I quite like them all so far, but I've only known them for one and a half hours. Therefore, spoiler for the start of chapter 1...
Spoiler:
Noah seems very thoughtful and serious so far. I like him, and he reminds me more of Shulk than of Rex, and I find the whole off-seer thing very interesting. However, it is such a bittersweet gameplay mechanic to put into the game. Every time he plays the flute, it makes me a bit sad. Eunie is funny, but I don't have much to say on her yet. As for Lanz... I saw him and knew I'd love him because I like the protector type who's also rather stubborn and rough around the edges. He's not nice so far, but I think he's gonna grow on people. What made me quite upset though was... Joran. He was such an adorable character and what do they do? Kill him by falling rabble. Dangit.
So yeah... really enjoying it and I'm gonna stay glued to the screen for a long time :)

Edit a bit later: Oh my « Harvest Goddess » :) I'm enjoying it so much but since I didn't watch any story related trailers or character trailers, an early plot point really surprised me. Still chapter 1:
Spoiler:
Fusion??? Really?? I actually started laughing. I find it kinda cool but did not expect that from Xenoblade, haha. Also... did I hear it right that the guy's name who activated Ouroboros is Vandham? I see you, XC2, I see you.
Somerandom
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Bluie wrote: Jul 30, 2022 2:03 pm
Both the PS4 reboot and (now shut down) gacha game completely missed the mark with their audience, I think. The Sakura Wars boom is long gone, but there are still loyal fans who I feel Sega just ignored and instead tried to get a new audience. They essentially crashed and burned and the series is probably dead and back to being cameo material. I would kill for a collection of I-V, it's been ages since they had a proper re-release and some are still stuck on their original console. Honestly, all the kid 'love' interests are questionable, Iris being the worst offender with the 10 year age gap. She could be rewritten, but then it'd be paraded around as censorship, and it could possibly invalidate her arc/development. I get that age gaps are less of a taboo in Japanese media, but she's more just a token character of the 'harem' checklist then an actual romance option. Ogami (iirc) never actually accepts her confession nor is her attracted to her, but rather is more of a big bro/mentor. Most people love Iris because she's a genuinely well written character and to SEGA's credit, she's never sexualized either (that I can remember). With all that being said, Twitter/Reddit would have a « Snuggly Bunny » field day so I understand why SEGA doesn't want it outside of Japan. Still surprised we got V and VI localized, but at this point I'd take a collection on Switch localized or not. I just want to play these games and I want them to be more accessible.
I can say a lot both about Sakura Wars and Sega (believe me I have) but I got into Fire Emblem from the Sakura Wars games (this was before the new one came out) because I played some of the older ones in Chinese and translated as I went. Iris is definitely the worst handled out of all three of the younger members. While Rosita was annoying at times (in my opinion anyway) she was treated as more of a younger sister to Shinjiro than a love interest. Colicot (I think that’s how it’s spelled) is the most mature and competent of the three, only really having a small crush on Ogami,but both being on friendly terms. Iris on the other hand wants to go on a date with Ogami and attempts to kiss him (twice I think) which makes me a bit uncomfortable. Both Iris and Colicot were somewhat objectified at one point (I think this was the only time though) in IV though with the incredibly stupid mandatory bath scene near the end of the game. I don’t play Ogami and Shinjiro like pervs at all and I hate that you can spy on these girls at all, it’s pretty gross. In project X zone (1 and 2) Ogami was treated like one which upset me because Ogami was never like that on my playthroughs.

Anyway, still in spring of my first year in ANB, but I don’t want to sleep through the days because I feel that is wasting time. I am constantly trying to get anything I can to sell in order to earn some money for the future. Since there isn’t much to do at the moment I feel that playing every once and a while until I get more unlocked would be the best strategy for me.

In other news, the prices of physical 3DS games have skyrocketed because of the impending eshop closure next year. Some games I bought back in 2019 when the 3DS was cancelled for around $20 are now around $80-$100 which is crazy.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Somerandom wrote: Aug 01, 2022 6:19 pm I don’t play Ogami and Shinjiro like pervs at all and I hate that you can spy on these girls at all, it’s pretty gross. In project X zone (1 and 2) Ogami was treated like one which upset me because Ogami was never like that on my playthroughs.
Agreed, the whole getting to peek on the girls while bathing trope in games with dating sim elements is so old and tired now. I remember when it came up in SWVI and I just thought; "Really? We're still doing this « Cow Poopoo » in 2020?" while I quickly chose every option to get Seijuro out of the situation immediately. I will never understand why developers go to these great lengths to build up the characters, only to objectify them with bath scenes. There's an entire seperate genre of games people can go for if they want a wank session, I'm here to love and respect well written characters, not hope to see them naked after I get their affection high enough. « Chicken Hugging » sells, I get this, but after awhile I just want to claw my eyes out rather than see another scene of a protag walking in on a girl bathing/changing. It has never been funny.

---

For those who were curious on the Digimon Survive permadeath mechanics, I have the answer. I'll put it in spoilers just in case, but I don't mention any characters names or situations.
Spoiler:
Two of your party members must die in your first playthrough. There is absolutely no way to avoid this and the characters chosen for death will depend on your choices made. Only on NG+ can you prevent everyone's death.
Honestly, Digimon Survive might be my GOTY, because nothing has hooked me this bad all year. I am thinking about this game all the time, I just wanna keep playing. Unfortunately, I also want to finish Danganronpa V3, so I have been rotating between them as the mood strikes. The 3rd murder/trial killed my least favorite characters in the cast. I was literally the 'oh no, anyways' meme the entire time. I also had my first crash with the game yesterday. It does kinda run like « Puppy Doodoo » on the Switch in certain segments/areas, so I was expecting it eventually. Thankfully I had just saved so I lost maybe 5 min, but I hope it doesn't happen in the middle of a trial because that « Cow Poopoo » is long and doesn't let you save very often.

Only other gaming thing I got done is I finally got both the gliders in Genshin Impact from Liyue and Dragonspine. Now I just need to get the ones from Mondstadt and Inazuma and I will have them all (except the KFC one lmao). One of my retainers in FFXIV also brought me the 'Chewy' minion. I called them up and said "Oh, what garbage have you brought for me toda- HOLY « Puppy Doodoo », CHEWY!?". That doggo is worth over 1 million gil, but of course I decided to use it and now I have a cute little dog following me around everywhere!

I want to try and finish my backlog this month. August 31st had Phantasy Star Online 2 finally coming to something I own and then Splatoon 3 comes out on the 9th of September, so I'm going to be in full online gaming mode until further notice in September. It'd be nice to have all the VNs and JRPGs clear so I can just focus on the grind.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Xenoblade 3 is out for delivery! So I'll definitely be playing today, putting aside unexpected and uncontrollable circumstances such as a meteor strike or, indeed, any extinction-level event or other world-encompassing cataclysm.

Not saying such a thing WILL deter me...I'd probably play even if a meteor strikes, if the power were still up... but I must admit that it could put an unworkable kink in my plans.

~
Bluie wrote: Aug 02, 2022 4:20 am For those who were curious on the Digimon Survive permadeath mechanics, I have the answer. I'll put it in spoilers just in case, but I don't mention any characters names or situations.
Spoiler:
Two of your party members must die in your first playthrough. There is absolutely no way to avoid this and the characters chosen for death will depend on your choices made. Only on NG+ can you prevent everyone's death.
Ah, okay, so not permadeath in Fire Emblem style, where you lose people if you aren't good at the battle system. Nor if the choices you have to make just make no sense. That's okay, actually, I can live with that.

~

The chiro went HARD on my knotty sciatic today. I think he tried to gouge a hole right through me. He even grabbed my ankle and pulled my leg sideways up toward my head, lol. (I'm naturally quite flexible, so it wasn't actually uncomfortable, though it made the poking even more sore!) But I think it helped, so I don't care. He's on vacation next week so I may sneak back in at the end of this week to try to maximize any improvements and minimize any worsening from skipping a week. I can normally reach well past touching my toes with my fingertips, to set my wrists on them instead, but lately I can't reach for my toes at all...I could barely sit on the floor and straighten my legs all the way. :? I think I can, now. In fact, I'm gonna go try it ASAP. I'm not sure how I can emulate that weird stretch he did on me but I'll give it a go.

EDIT: Whuff, so, finally have it! There was a mess with it being delivered to the wrong addy, not CPs fault...somehow it defaulted to my parents' address?? Not sure how that happened. Maybe since the last purchase made on my BB account was by my parents. But at least that's workable! The game is now updating, but it seems to be a small update...it's not gonna take more than two minutes.

EDIT 2: Wish they hadn't either reused so many voices from XC2, or gotten a bunch of new VAs who sound just like the old ones. It's distracting feeling like I'm listening to Rex and Vandham rather than who they really are.
Last edited by Kikki on Aug 02, 2022 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

I have been slowly but steadily playing Skyward Sword and I do like it even with its quirks.(Except the awful camera in spots, argh!!) I have gotten to the desert area, but going by Zelda standards this is still the first act. I think my favorite part so far is the villain; I love how he is written! I also love the amiibo ability to hop in and out of areas at will.

I have also been playing a lot of Dragon Quest 9. I'm surprised it seems to get a lot of flack for being different than the traditional DQ games, as I have been enjoying it. I like the customization, the vocation/skill system, and the battles aren't bad with balanced full team. It probably would have been fun to do multiplayer back in the day. I think some people said their beef with it (and Japan-exclusive 10) was that it was more like an MMO than a DQ game. I have never played an MMO, but I like it. If they bring DQ 10 offline to the west I would like to try it. I wonder if 12 will be traditional again since they seemed to go back to that with 11.
yzafre
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

greensara wrote: Aug 02, 2022 3:01 pm I have also been playing a lot of Dragon Quest 9. I'm surprised it seems to get a lot of flack for being different than the traditional DQ games, as I have been enjoying it. I like the customization, the vocation/skill system, and the battles aren't bad with balanced full team. It probably would have been fun to do multiplayer back in the day. I think some people said their beef with it (and Japan-exclusive 10) was that it was more like an MMO than a DQ game. I have never played an MMO, but I like it. If they bring DQ 10 offline to the west I would like to try it. I wonder if 12 will be traditional again since they seemed to go back to that with 11.
Oh, DQ9! I had a ton of fun with that game back in high-school, was always super disappointed that I didn't have someone to play it with. I just filled my party with NPCs from the Inn and made up personalities for them instead, haha. Admittedly, I'm not sure if I would enjoy the game so much nowadays, since I've lot my patience with some game-types I used to love. Ah, well, at least I have the memory.

-

I reached the end of chapter 3 in XC3! It seems that's the chapter where the game really starts opening up, so there was more to do. And man, the end-cap scene for the chapter! I mean, all the end-caps have been weird and obscure, but this one really had me ????

There's so many little details about this game has been getting to me. I could just sit and stair at the hair for ages - the oil-painting textures, the animation of it... And the eyelashes - they're 3d! Not just painted on! I was trying to figure out why they "popped" so much and... yeah, pretty sure they're actually sticking out of the faces, amazing.

I also love love love the little "scenes" you get whenever you stop at a camp-site. Just the image of them all laying around interacting with each other. I think you might even get extra "activities" that the characters will do with new chapters? I'd seen the same two or three over and over, but just starting chapter 4, I got a new one I'd never seen before. It's quite sweet, if so, and a good way to show the developing bonds between the party.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I have no idea who the real bad guys are in XC3, yet. I'm not actually going to put story spoilers here, just talk about mechanics, basically, but I'll put XC3 talk behind a cut anyway, for people trying to avoid all detail entirely.
Spoiler:
I THINK I just unlocked some kind of class ability for all the party members...the game is still doing a cutscene about it. Trading clothes is somehow hilarious, but at the same time, it makes them all seem more like dolls or robots than human people, like they don't have preferences or skills of their own...they just change their programming and become new people on the spot, with no feelings about it at all. I like being able to change outfits, but not in this dehumanizing way. It's like saying they have no personality of their own, just roles they happen to be filling. Though I have noticed a couple of XCX features creeping into this game, which I do like to see, just to keep XCX feeling more alive, and the whole 'class' thing is definitely very XCX.

The tutorials are too heavy-handed in this game. They not only hold your hand...they grab it and DRAG you to where they want you to be, then grab your held and forcibly hold it in place so you have to stare at exactly what they want you to be seeing. You're not allowed to press a single button that they don't want you to, or even look through the menu a little on your own before closing it. It's obnoxious.

The combat is easy, but also tedious...I'm not enjoying it. It's a lot like XC2's. I liked XC1 and XCX's combat but didn't like the combat in XC2 or Torna...both easy but tiresome. (Though XCX's combat is the most difficult to master of all 4 games, imo.)

I like the characters. I really didn't like the basic premise of the world/plot, but at least...well, I can't say more not behind a spoiler. The world is pretty, though with the tyranny of the plot and the tutorials, there's no sense of exploration at all...it doesn't feel like you can just go wherever you want. The game grabs you and forces you this way or that way. That's...frustrating and disappointing.
It's a pretty world...let me look around every corner! Quit having the characters tell me 'that's not the way to camp!' and throwing up an invisible barrier to keep me from going where I want. Other games also didn't have this many aggressive enemies that attack on sight, to make exploration so burdensome. :( Exploring was definitely more fun in XC1, so far.
I thought maybe I didn't like the game that much, last night when I quit for the day, but actually...I DO like it, as the characters and story are interesting and the world is pretty. I was just TIRED. I was so tired the ONLY thing I wanted to do was sleep. Playing the game felt like an exhausting burden. In little windows where my fatigue isn't overpowering, I want to play! Unfortunately those windows seem to be regrettably small, so I may not be able to progress all that quickly. I'd rather stick to playing when I actually WANT to.

I resent games when they give you ten or twenty tutorials in a row, via many screens of text. What's the point? No one can remember all of that, delivered in one big blort. And how many people ever go back and check the tutorials in the menu afterwards? I wish game devs the world over would get better at tutorials that are actually helpful rather than burdensome, overwhelming, or frustrating. It's definitely not a strength of Monosoft, that's for sure.

I may now finally be beyond most tutorials. I didn't even notice that I was in Chapter 2, lol. With the game pushing me NOT to explore, I guess you can blaze through a chapter pretty darned fast. I'm going to explore a bunch here, no matter what the game says, darn it. *grumpy determination*

EDIT: New area. Oblivia?? Should this give me hope for more in the XCX line, or despair that they're just gonna absorb bits of X into the 'main' series?
Last edited by Kikki on Aug 03, 2022 6:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Danganronpa V3 Chapter 4: *kills the literal worst character in the game*

Me: Oh good- I mean, ohhhh nooooo!

Just gonna say it at this point, V3 does not do a good job of making most of the cast likeable. I obviously wont say names as to not spoil who's still alive at this point in the game, but so far my 4 faves are safe and they've been killing off literaly every character I hate. I will say that if they do kill off my top fave, I will be angry af, because they're one of the few redeeming qualities of this game. Like, I get it, it's a big cast and not everyone is going to be everyone's cup of tea, but dear lord, the absolute level of obnoxiousness in this game's cast is off the « Snuggly Bunny » charts. It's been awhile since I played the first two games (and consumed all the side material), but I liked the surviving cast of 1 minus one character, and 2 was just so off the wall that I never got attached to anyone besides the main character. I don't know if I'm old and crotchety or if the game is purposely trying to piss me off at this point. Actual spoilers for deaths:
Spoiler:
Angie was extremely annoying and a manipulative « Baaaa *glomp* », so I didn't care. I greatly despise the 'all men are bad lol' trope, so no tears for Tenko. Miu feels like the creator's fetish « Snuggly Bunny » doll and she's so « Snuggly Bunny » loud and proud about it that I said 'I hope you die next', annnd then she did! Yaaayyyyy.
With all that being said, of the remaining cast, I only dislike one person enough to be OK with them getting offed. Hoping the killing actually stops and we get some ACTUAL PLOT in the coming chapters, because we still have no idea what tf is going on and I'm tired of being drip fed info. Gonna actually try to binge the game today and get it done.
Code_Name_Geek
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Just got back from travelling so I’ve only been playing my Switch recently. I started Rune Factory 4S for the first time and I was worried it would be a complicated game to figure out while travelling, but it hasn’t been too difficult. My mom doesn’t seem to find it too complicated either which I was even more worried about, since it’s one thing to figure out a new game for myself but doing it for two people is double the effort. Anyways I like it a lot! It seems like there’s a good variety of things to do from day to day and the festivals are fun. And my mom seems to enjoy it too which gives me hope for introducing her to some more combat-oriented games down the road. I wish there was s/s marriage though because I really like Dylas so far, but Margaret seems nice so I might go for her (plus she’s a musician which is a bonus in my books).

I bought a lot of games while travelling since I visited quite a few used game stores. Some of the more exciting ones are a DS copy of Chrono Trigger that didn’t totally break the bank, Tetris DX for GBC, and Elite Beat Agents which I’ve heard is really good.

Now that I’m home I can hopefully devote some attention to more than just RF4S, though not sure what else I’ll play just yet. I also bought back some manga so reading might be my first priority.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

That's great that you got an affordable load of new games, Code Name Geek :) RF4 is an awesome game, enjoy!

I hope Pokemon fans got something fun out of that Pokemon Direct (I didn't watch it. I did see a cute wooper thing on Twitter, though, and some motorcycle pokemon that gross me out.)

I want to play XC3, but I'm just too tired to continue, since I don't think I can play Xenoblade in handheld...too dizzifying. Sleeping doesn't really help get me much more energy, either, lol. Still trying to figure out if I'm a bit less tired now that I'm not taking my allergy meds. I think I might be, a little? But definitely not a dramatic improvement. Well, anyway...I'm glad I want to play, even if I don't think I can. Not even sure if I can get much reading done, but it's more likely than any more gaming today. Hopefully I catch a bit of a second wind and can play a bit this evening. It seems like a notably shorter game than 1 or 2, though I may simply not have gotten to an area with any significant amount of side content, yet.

EDIT: I have a SteamDeck in my hands. It's connected to the internet and I'm adding my Steam account to it. It's spiffy and feels nice to hold, but it's heavy!
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

It seems like Monolith Soft listens to the fans...maybe even a little too much? :? Chronicles 1 had confusing combat, Chronicles 2 had constant tutorial interruptions. Chronicles 2 starts super slow, Chronicles 3 go zoom. I HAVE confirmed that the game is a minimum 100 hour playthrough, though so... I'm out for now. Maybe by the end of the year. Especially if I don't end up getting one of the new Pokemon games.

For my current game time... I'm on pet sitting duty for the next little bit, so I'll be primarily on my Switch or 3DS for now. I'm between starting Ni no Kuni, or if that feels like too much, replaying Pokemon Moon might be right up my alley. It would definitely be low key. Worst comes to worse I can pop back into Animal Crossing. I don't think it'll keep my attention for long, but it doesn't really have to.

Not sure how much I'll get to today because I had to be up quite a bit before sun up today and my schedule is completely borked, but. We'll see.
FarmingForDaysMan
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Code_Name_Geek wrote: Aug 03, 2022 9:08 am Just got back from travelling so I’ve only been playing my Switch recently. I started Rune Factory 4S for the first time and I was worried it would be a complicated game to figure out while travelling, but it hasn’t been too difficult. My mom doesn’t seem to find it too complicated either which I was even more worried about, since it’s one thing to figure out a new game for myself but doing it for two people is double the effort. Anyways I like it a lot! It seems like there’s a good variety of things to do from day to day and the festivals are fun. And my mom seems to enjoy it too which gives me hope for introducing her to some more combat-oriented games down the road. I wish there was s/s marriage though because I really like Dylas so far, but Margaret seems nice so I might go for her (plus she’s a musician which is a bonus in my books).
Hello! I’m glad you’re enjoying RF4S. I really like the game, too. I think Margaret is a great choice, but then again I think that any of the girls would be a good choice :lol: I need to get back to playing RF4 myself…I need to finish the storyline so I can work on marrying all of the bachelors :>
———————
In the time that I haven’t posted on the backlog, I’ve been playing Azran Legacy and Pioneers of Olive Town. I can’t believe it’s taken me eight years to get the last title in the Layton series. I think it’s been eight years? I think it was released at the same time that Pokémon X and Y was, and I bought Pokémon X instead of this puzzle game. Anywaysssssss, I got emotional as soon as I heard the Azran Legacy soundtrack. I guess it was kind of a nostalgia thing for me, especially since I played the other five main titles before my adolescent years. I’ve been a fan of the Professor Layton series since 2012, my goodness :’) But yeah, hearing the soundtrack made me extremely happy. It took me a second to get used to the AL version of London Streets 3 (because the song is faster in Unwound Future), but I love it. It’s so pretty. Desmond Sycamore also makes me very happy. He’s so cute, and….
Spoiler:
I can’t decide which is funnier: the fact that Desmond Sycamore is Descole, or the fact that Descole is Desmond Sycamore.
Everything about this game makes me happy. The interactions between Layton, Luke, and Emmy always crack me up. One specific interaction that I thought was humorous was when Layton stated that he always put up a bunch of notes on wall so that he wouldn’t forget his duties as a professor, and Luke said something along the lines of wondering how long the notes had been there or if the Professor had neglected or forgotten about them. I’m in the third chapter and about 25 puzzles into the game, and so far I’ve solved every puzzle correctly on the first try (I’ve used hint coins on a couple of them, but no Google! Yay!), so I’m patting myself on the back for that achievement :lol: I can’t wait to finish this game so I can enjoy the soundtrack. Did I mention that I’m obsessed with OSTs?

Speaking of MUSIC, I’ve also been enjoying the soundtrack from Pioneers of Olive Town. For reasons that I can’t place my finger in, POoT has kind of been giving me slight Animal Parade/A(nother) Wonderful Life vibes. In my game, summer is about to end. I have access to all three areas on my farm, and I’m working on purchasing the last house upgrade. Oh, and I bought a golden Labrador (or a golden retriever, I honestly don’t know) and a cute black kitty. I’ve decided that I’m going to marry Damon. That is all.

(I can ramble on and on about my love of music, yet I’m slacking off on practicing the piano :’) I’ve been fixing that, though)