Backlog 2022

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
simside
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Been playing mostly Pokemon, but I switched back to Moonlighter briefly tonight because I can't play an addictive game before bed. ^_^; I had almost decided to give up on it after this session, because I was so frustrated with the equipment. My weapons were terrible, and I was waiting for the training versions to drop in the first dungeon, they never did. I'd been searching for ten hours, and I'd intended to play this as a short, ten-hour game. I finally realized the big icons in the weapon shop were clickable, HNNNGHH, and I made all the weapons with my abundant money and items and promptly beat the boss. Argh. Okay. Let's see if it's a lot shorter now. Hopefully I can finish it within twenty hours?

Aside from that, I've only been playing Pokemon, and a couple hours of Chronicles of Tal'dun in the mornings on my day off. Pokemon is SO ADDICTIVE. I've got almost 200 pokemon in my dex, four badges, two titans, and two Team Star bases. Unfortunately, the co-op isn't quite what I had in mind. Since there wasn't really anything we were doing together other than tera battles (which required a lot of coordination, since one of us always got distracted waiting on the other ^_^;), we both suspected the pokemon spawn rates were lower in co-op, so we turned it off and play tandem now. Which is fine. We're both progressing kinda slow, since we're looking for all the pokemon. I didn't realize the titan pokemon weren't legendaries, so I'd been avoiding them. I'm going back through and clearing them out for my upgrades now.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Simple gathering works like magic. I recall I got back into RF5 once before by just telling myself I was going to gather wood and stone. I ambled around for a while trying to figure out what the heck I'd been doing in the game and getting frustrated because I wasn't figuring it out, then I checked my requests and saw that two of them involved upgrading town shops, which needed a lot of wood and stone, so I decided to just get that stupid Lucas event finished, and gather wood and stone.

Worked out well! As soon as Lucas' event was done I was rewarded with about 8 other event flags popping up around town. I completed several in one day by figuring out which ones were completed without having to move to the next day, and it felt good to get those out of the way and slightly improved my heart level with those involved, which contributes to the 'get everyone to 5 hearts' request I've been sitting on for quite a while. (Darn you, Hina. It's not even natural to be close friends with EVERYBODY.)

By then I felt pretty good about being efficient (really a huge motivator for me) and in the meanwhile, I had gotten used to the controls again. :) I wanted more princess points fast, and realized that I'd get 1000 of them every time I brought in a 'Wanted' monster. I'd already done all the 3 star ones and wasn't sure I could tackle the 4-star, but figured there was little lost by trying when you can just warp home any time you find yourself in too much trouble. So I whipped out that ridiculous end-game level hammer Darroch gave me as a return gift, and it turns out it can POW those 4-star bounties into oblivion in about 4 hits. I had to be careful not to accidentally kill the Mamadoodle before I could capture her to take her back. Then I also went for the Shadow Panther bounty since I managed to upgrade True Strike (or whatever the smithy is called) but I still need to do, uh...what's the restaurant called? Well, that place, anyway.

Will finish another event with Cecil on my next play session, and with one more bounty, I already have enough PP (princess points?...wait...what do they call them in this game, when you're not a princess any more?) and materials to upgrade the restaurant as well. I'm NOT happy with Terry for that 'befriend 50 monsters' quest, it comes way too early in the game, way before you can possibly fill it, and just takes up space that more attainable requests could have occupied. I'll have to gather a lot more wood and stone and build every possible monster barn and then randomly fill the place up with monsters I don't even want. *grmph* Well, I should go back and tame a few boss monsters, I guess...more than anything, really aggressive monsters are ideal for winning the Buddy Battle in mid-Summer. It'd be great if you could tame the Bounty monsters for real...they're all extremely aggressive.

I did win it this time anyway, though, thanks to the really mean reaper/ghost monster I have. The Mushroom happily poisoned everything on the field, too, but otherwise doesn't do much damage...I accidentally chose Terror (my mushy) when I meant to choose Griff (the handsome but very grumpy griffin/gryphon creature). But the reaper fella was so nasty that he easily killed all opponents, so it was fine. Does that earn me any FP with villagers, when I win? Raising FP in this game is a bit of a chore. Well, I guess I am only 1.5 seasons in, so it's actually raising pretty quickly.

It's going fine now, anyway. I may be getting a new fridge today, so I have to do some extra house cleaning and organizing, to prepare to temporarily house 2 fridges, but there should still be plenty of time to progress RF5 a bit more.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Finished Pokemon Violet. I have all my thoughts on it in the other thread so no need to get too into it here. While I am going to keep playing it, I am ultimately going to focus on something else too. I was just starting to miss Genshin when lucky - It's getting it's next update on Dec 7! That still a little ways away, so IDK if I'll pick up anything else too solid yet? My Switch has a little backlog that I should work on, but eh, it'll depend on mood mainly. I'm also kinda sick rn (hoping it clears up tomorrow) so I'm not overly sure I'm overly in the mood for games until my stomach stops doing backflips.
Reyvin
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Oof, why does it always get so busy near the end of the year?

Anyway, I have finished another game I have had in my backlog for a long while: Psychedelica of the Ashen Hawk. It was pretty good and surprisingly shocking and dark at times. My favourite character was Levi.

Also, I have bought the Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy and Persona 5 Royal on the recent Steam sale. Not really looked into them yet, but I know the story of the original Persona 5 through a video playthrough. As for what I'm currently playing: Trails from Zero. I made it to chapter 2 and hope to make a decent dent in it before Christmas. I was strongly considering getting the new Pokémon, but since I lack the time to properly immerse myself in yet another long-ish game right now, I'm holding off for a bit. I also heard about lags, so I hope those get fixed soon, then the game might attract me more.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

That's a rather shocking thing that Bluie said, about Pokemon. That it has a good story. Makes me wonder if it's a good story for Pokemon, or a good story, full stop. I've heard that Pokemon has had a good story before. I hear that about Black and White specifically; that it had the most interesting story of the series. However, there's always the feel of a disclaimer in there...that it's a really interesting story for Pokemon...not compared to, say, Xenoblade, or Legend of Heroes, which is really all I can compare to since I'm not even familiar with Pokemon. Since I am a story gamer, that's always been something I've asked Pokemon fans when wondering if I should try one of the games (I did play Swish, which was okay, but it's definitely about the gameplay, not the story...the story was kind of goofy and un-nuanced, like something you'd see in a kid's show. But I guess that's basically what Pokemon is?)

I also am pretty sure you always have to play Pokemon without caring much about AAA visuals or performance. Which I don't get, since Game Freak is incredibly wealthy and they ARE an AAA development group...why can't they make a technically stellar game with beautiful, high-quality graphics and excellent QA? But just like Nintendo never brings their consoles up to par with technical power, I don't think Game Freak will ever bring Pokemon up to par when it comes to those things.

Yet I still always hear that they are very fun. It'd be nice if they had the other things, but the 'fun' is really the key when it comes to games. That's probably why Nintendo is my favourite major gaming house, even though the other guys produce more technically gorgeous games...their games aren't as joyful to play! Tech glitches don't bother me unless they make the game freeze/crash, and I've never been that fussy about graphic quality as long as the character design doesn't annoy me and the colours aren't drab. (Bright colours and cute characters and I'm set, even if it's fuzzy or the frame rate is low.)

~

RF5 went and got too complicated for me again. There are so many things that need concentrated on. Raising friendships. Which means growing crops to make food with, which means grinding for cooking levels and buying recipe bread. Following the story. Which means making armor, weapons and accessories, which means grinding for monster materials and mining materials. Raising crop levels, which means grinding forging levels to get better tools, which means grinding for farming levels. (I have dummies set up and spend ten minutes here and there just whacking my sickle at them to raise the farming level as fast as I can but at level 32-34 in both forging and farming, I STILL can't get the silver sickle recipe, even though I've had the silver watering can and hoe since about level farming level 25. Fortunately I upgraded my quality sickle to level 10 and I have good soil quality so I was able to raise crops to level 7 without the silver sickle.)

I need to go back to just grinding out wood and stone for a bit, to recentre my scattered focus. I have been ignoring the story in favour of farming and filling requests. I don't even REMEMBER the story, to be honest. Something about magic disappearing(?), and some dragon girl, and some unmemorable hokey villains? I have no idea where I was in the story except that the last story beat had me find Ludmila, so I should be half or more than half done the main plot.

I need to tame a boss monster next. I figure Cerberus will be the easiest, so I'll go for him/her/it. A monster that loves cake can't be all bad! But whatever I do, I need to simply my goals or I'm going to get put off the game again. I'd like to hurry up and get everyone to 5FP...then concentrate just on wood and stone gathering and monster taming for a bit. I have12 monsters so far, and 8 spaces free right now, so I'm far away from being able to have 50 monsters. Apparently your max is 200, which is...way, way too many!

~

More of my wishlist keeps going on sale, but I'm keeping track and it looks like waiting until December 1 to make my final decision on what to buy should be fine. 15 games on my list are now on sale, and that surprisingly includes Lego Bricktales, which only released a month or so ago. More games may still go on sale through Cyber Monday, so I've got to wait a liiiiittle longer before deciding which are the best sale options.
cinnamon_yuki
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I decided to get Rune Factory 5. I'm going to buy it tomorrow though because of an additional discount in a promo of my payment source. :lol: It's been a while since I last played but I might still go after Ryker. I'm a bit excited about playing RF 5 on PC since I saw how smooth it was when I watched others play.

I wonder if I change my mind tomorrow and get Judgement or The Quarry instead. XD
Code_Name_Geek
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

I was feeling a little discouraged looking at my list of new games I started this year and seeing how short it was, but then I looked at my list of games I've accomplished stuff in and saw it was longer than last year already so I think it's more that I've been going back to some old games this year instead of starting brand new ones.

With that being said, though, I finally started some new games! Well one of them is technically a game I've started before, Learn Japanese To Survive: Hiragana Battle, but I had to restart since I couldn't find my save data on my old MacBook. I'm actually pretty solid on hiragana by now so I'm kind of speeding through the game this time, but the other two in the series will offer more challenge for me once I finish this one. The other actually new game is Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations. I'm on the second case now, and so far it's just as enjoyable as the other games in the series. I seem to be playing these games at a rate of one per year, so at this rate I have a good few years left out of the series (unless I decide to ramp it up sometime, since I'm really looking forward to getting to the Great Ace Attorney Chronicles). :)

In RF4S, I've finally started the third arc of the story. I've also started dating Margaret, though I've heard that she's one of the harder ones to marry since she has more events. I don't really mind though, I'm not in a rush to get married. Rune Prana is rather difficult so far so it'll probably take me a while to get through it.

My goal is to finish the two games I started and the third arc of RF4S by around December 16th, which is when my brother gets off school and we're probably going to play the new Pokémon games. I'm kind of hoping there will be some sort of patch by then, but hearing the positive impressions despite the performance issues is heartening. It's not a big deal if I don't finish up these games by then, it's just something to aim for.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I think for the duration of the time change...I'm probably going to watch the VOD for Genshin update presentations. I just kinda hoped for the best this time and VOD land was fine. Not quite AS fun as live, but, 7am is just not for someone up past 2am every day.

Pretty stacked for a filler update, I've gotta say. The events look fun, the reruns are nice. Scaramouche is absolutely 5 star Heizou. (Kinda fascinating to think about Mihoyo using one character to 'play test' the design for another.) I dunno what I was expecting, but that wasn't it. He's interesting, my only complaint at this point is the utility thing. Characters that can be support or DPS are always my preference. They're so much easier to pop into teams. If Scara has any energy issues he'll be Xiao 2.0.

Gotten to a good point with the Harvestella plot that I think I wanna focus on the farm for a while. At least until winter sets in. Make enough money for weapon upgrades, and the orchard I'm slowly building. I did happen upon the info (unfortunately in the Wiki, which is always super dangerous) for what you're supposed to be doing during 'The Quiet', and I dunno if I should be mad or not.
Spoiler:
I've gone up to the well several times and it just going "oh boy its too dark to see in there". I was seriously expecting to have to wait for a quest to eventually investigate the bottom of the well, a la Zelda, but... ya know. I guess I'd rather know, rather than get to the end of the main quest and find out and have the...I could have been traversing this damned dungeon this WHOLE TIME?!
It's such a simple game, but it makes me very happy. I don't think I'll catch all the fish, but I will grow all the things, and cook most of the things, for sure. Make a nice orchard, and nice little fenced off gardens. I do wish we could put ground cover back for areas we're not using, though. Just generally, in all farming sims. Permanent request.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm done every romance event in RF5, barring the ones that are locked behind first confession/dating. Now I"m starting to see ! events...which appears to be the symbol for any event that centres around non-candidate characters. Went through one with Simone last, and now one with Elsje has popped up.

Thank goodness, I managed to arrive in time to help this poor fellow ranger who was being menaced by a dandelion!

Everybody in town except Ludmila is at 5 hearts, and Ludmilla is nearly half way past 4, so only two more game days, probably, until I can finally expunge this awful 'have everybody at 5 hearts' quest that is wasting space on my request list. I can't wait to be done with it! It's SO much more fun to play the game alone, withotu any annoying tagalongs getting in my way. You really need to be on your own if you're going to concentrate on farming/foraging or, especially, monster taming. Wood and stone gathering and monster taming is what I want to concentrate on now, so gotta get this over with.

Does FP degrade with neglect in RF5, I wonder...searching the internet suggests that FP decay (from neglect) isn't a thing in RF. I hope not!

Also...turns out I already have the silver sickle, it's just not called that, even though my LAST one was called an Iron Sickle, and my current hammer is called a SIlver hammer. Why did they have to call this sickle a Quality Sickle? Why not Silver Sickle? Be consistent with your naming patterns, Hakama! I was caused unnecessary grief, trying to grind my farming skill up to get a better sickle for raising my crops, but...oh well. I can get up to level 7 seeds now. I don't know what level of forging + farming I need to be to get...what's next, gold tools? Probably. Though gold is a very weak metal and you really shouldn't use it in tools at all, but...this is fantasy, so let's just pretend we don't know that. I think it's level 45 forging, so might be able to fudge my way through it at level 40?

Well, tomorrow is Cyber Monday, so any game on my wishlist that is NOT on sale tomorrow is probably not going on a holiday sale at all. The games that ARE on sale, right now, are:
  • even if TEMPEST (15%) (I really don't like when they use titles that makes you look like you haven't even the most basic grasp on grammar when you spell them out.)
  • Lego Bricktales (10%)
  • Beacon Pines (20%)
  • Persona 5 Royal (25%)
  • Amnesia: Later x Crowd (20%)
  • Return to Monkey Island (10%)
  • ARK: Survival Evolved (50%)
  • No Man's Sky (20%)
  • Wytchwood (35%)
  • Suzerain (50%)
  • ACTIVE LIFE Outdoor Challenge (70%)
  • LoZ: Skyward Sword (30%)
  • Surviving the Aftermath (20%)
  • Hero must die. again (65%) (EVEN WORSE!)
  • RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures (69%)
We'll see if any more go on tomorrow. I think I can make a decision at that point.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote: Nov 26, 2022 4:57 am That's a rather shocking thing that Bluie said, about Pokemon. That it has a good story. Makes me wonder if it's a good story for Pokemon, or a good story, full stop.
This is honestly a hard question to answer. Pokemon itself didn't really start having 'good' stories until around Generation 5 (B/W) as the first four generation's villians were either generic bad guys or well meaning idiots. There's still moments that have you go "This is in a kids game?" but nothing overly mindblowing. Generation 5 questioned the morality of keeping Pokemon in their balls and it had a big cast of characters that were involved with the plot rather than just the usual handful from the previous generations. The plot is memorable for the risks it took and how memorable the characters were. With Gen 6, it had a lot of good ideas, but the execution was off story wise in a lot of places. With Gen 7, it also had a good story by Pokemon standards, but it ended up being told better in the anime adaption which is vastly more remembered in the fandom these days. With Gen 8, the story really felt like it was a backseat to everything else. I say all this to point out that I wouldn't actively recommend any of these games for their story, because there are better options out there when it comes to JRPGs. Most people don't play Pokemon for the story, at all. It's got a formula people crave and it's proven to be loved by an extreme amount of people all over the globe.

When I started Violet, I expected another romp of the same junk food I've been willingly buying for the last 20ish years. The three main paths don't really do much to tell a 'good' story overall, but are building blocks for the climax. When everything was said and done, when you do get to that climax, it was the first time in Pokemon's mainline history were the stakes were so high, you couldn't just simply solve everything by throwing a Master Ball at the legendary (which is how literally every other mainline game's main plot gets resolved, basically). Combine that with the amazing music, the stress of the situation, and all the plot points finally cumulating; you have a great final boss that really ties the game together. It really had me going "This is a Pokemon game, right?", jokingly.

So, after years of what Pokemon has been, S&V have shown the potential of what Pokemon could be if they really try. Unlike it's predecessors, I can recommend it past being a Pokemon game. It's a fun JRPG with a good narrative at it's core. Legends Arceus is the only game that compares, but even it's story pales in comparison as a lot of it relies on previous knowledge of Generation 4 and all it's lore. I think that about covers it lol. I'd say once there's some patches, it'll be a lot less polarized and more well recommended.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Bluie wrote: Nov 28, 2022 4:54 amGeneration 5 questioned the morality of keeping Pokemon in their balls and it had a big cast of characters that were involved with the plot rather than just the usual handful from the previous generations. The plot is memorable for the risks it took and how memorable the characters were.

[...snippity SNIP, barba-trick!...]

Unlike it's predecessors, I can recommend it past being a Pokemon game. It's a fun JRPG with a good narrative at it's core. Legends Arceus is the only game that compares, but even it's story pales in comparison as a lot of it relies on previous knowledge of Generation 4 and all it's lore. I think that about covers it lol. I'd say once there's some patches, it'll be a lot less polarized and more well recommended.
I was thinking about this just yesterday! Sort of. About Pokemon being kept...enslaved, basically. I wasn't thinking of Pokemon, but of Rune Factory, and how you have to beat the fudge out of monsters to be able to FORCE them to become your...friends. You beat them up until they're weak and dazed, put them under a restraining spell, then pet them and give them nice stuff and they then are forever dedicated to you and do your bidding forever.

The second you actually THINK about it, it is so, so creepy. Which in turn made me think 'how did they come up with this dreadful idea?' and then I remembered Pokemon, lol. Same thing, really, and quite possibly why all creature-capturing games have the same sort of idea...beat the creature until it's weak to make it submissive enough to get it under your control, then bind it permanently so it can't get away even when it's feeling better.

I didn't know that was the story of B/W, though. I've only just had that repeatedly mentioned to me if I ask about Pokemon and story...B/W is always brought up.

It's nice that S/V has a strong story wrap-up or conclusion, anyway. Wouldn't it be cool if Game Freak some day manages to take the best of each generation and get them all into one game? Strong story from this, great battles from that, best graphics from the other, good world, good character, good exploration, good customization...etc. (This could be said of many series, mind you. Or all of them, perhaps!)

Somehow, though, there'd be a subset of the Pokemon fans that would hate it more than any other game, lol.

~

I got a lot of RF5 story done, yesterday! When I quit before, I left it just after getting Ludmilla, which put me at 'about half way', storywise. Now I'm about 3/4 done the story, not including any postgame content. Everyone's at or above 5 hearts, and I really liked the last dungeon (well, the one before that, actually...I hate the one that drains your RP continually!) I got a ridiculously high-powered piece of armor, that'll probably do me until postgame! I also got a good headpiece AND a good accessory, both a little to a lot better than what I was wearing when I went in. I didn't even bother to dodge the boss in that dungeon...they could only do about 100 damage to me per hit, so they'd have had to hit me like 30-40 times to kill me, lol. That Wind Cape is seriously overpowered for that point in the game, but I'm not complaining! I have that endgame hammer from Darroch, but I didn't use it...I actually was getting through fine on the short sword and armor I made myself.

I really cut a swath through the legions when I changed into that gear I found in chests in there, though! I know it ruins things for others, but I LIKE being massively OP :)

~

So, no more games went on sale today. The list I made just a few posts above is what I have to choose from. The absolute best DEALS are on ARK, Suzerain, Active Life, Hero Must Die, and an honorable mention to Wytchwood. Thing is, I don't want any of those that much. :? I will probably get Active Life, and MAYBE also ARK, which my sister may like (she likes survival gameplay though more if it's the low-stress kind, so...not sure about that!) I think I most want Tempest. I will eventually get P5R but I feel no desire to play it now...I'd even be okay waiting another full year to see it go on at least 25% off again.

I do want Lego Bricktales and Amnesia Later x Crowd and probably won't want to wait a whole year to get them, but...I don't need them NOW, either, and probably not in December or even January. Well, that's probably my answer, then. I'll probably grab ARK and Active Life and Tempest and leave the rest to reconsider when they next go on sale. I think!

HMM.
Code_Name_Geek
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Well I finished Learn Japanese To Survive - Hiragana Battle already! It was pretty enjoyable, even if it was fairly easy for me at this point. Looking forward to playing the other two games in the series as well. :) I haven't spent that much time on Ace Attorney or RF4S, though, so I'm going to focus on those first.

I also picked up a few games on the Steam sale: RollerCoaster Tycoon Classic, Ikenfell, The Last Campfire, Lumines Remastered, and Dinogotchi.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Instead of games for Cyber Monday I got myself another coding course. No idea when I'll start it because I'm still in the middle of a SQL course, but hey... it's there. Last few hours of the discount, I'll take it. I also really like the instructor, so it's good to support him.

On the gaming front... mornings are still Genshin and most evenings are Harvestella. MAY pick up another Welkin next month, since the patch looks good enough to keep playing every day. My 'server fees'.

Harvestella was a doozy. I was a LOT closer to the next boss than I thought, and tried to knock that out tonight, when in the middle of the fight I got my first hard crash! Took a screenshot for posterity. Avoiding spoilers, the little on-screen prompt read: "The UE4-Harvestella Game has crashed and will..." "Fatal Error!" Boss was pretty fun, so I didn't mind going back and trying again, honestly the major fear the whole way through was...will it crash again? Will it crash again? Can I comfortably read dialogue without it crashing again?

Chapter 4 complete. On Steam only 22% of the player base has gotten that far. Can't compare yet to anything else, or I would. It does seem like the majority are enjoying the side stuff more than the main quest. Or maybe they're just taking it slow.

Speaking of which, I'll comfortably coast until the end of autumn. Quiet ahoy!

...and a 1am cat fight to round out the day. Animals are so much fun.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

It looks like the event I thought was Ryker's before really wasn't. I'm sure I already saw a mini event with him at night at the pond, but I just had another one, and then, the day after, 'Trust' activated. I even took a screenshot of the event title in my menu to prove it, lol, so that I don't convince myself I was mistaken.

So apparently I had no chance with Ryker until now regardless of his heart level. Why did it take so, SO long to be able to trigger this? Did I have to enter or clear Basara's Hideout, before his nameless mini-event and second romance event could happen? Every other event seems to have happened and I was already triggering generic villager events for weeks already (in-game weeks, that is.) Then I progressed the story a bunch and suddenly Ryker had more events available. Or maybe I really DID trigger that mini-event twice. Either via glitch, or by reverting to an older save or something. It wasn't very memorable (none of the mini-events at the pond are, plus so many of the candidates seem to have mini-events at the pond...it's easy to jumble them up.) so it'd be easy to get it confused.

I guess I finally actually have a shot at getting Ryker to date Alice, now. I appear to be about 80% done the main story. I have entered *****heim, but have not progressed into it, yet. I need to do some equipment-forging and get some immunity to electricity and stuff cuz I need one of those Boltguins in the last dungeon...they produce good materials as kept monsters! That dungeon is unworkable for taming, though, if you don't have the right gear. You don't even have enough time to charge up your capture spell before you get zapped. Again and AGAIN.

Got all the regular bounties AND the 'perfect' bounties as well, and I just won the Tricky Treat contest. Am working on growing a giant crop and iron leaf for missions...still gonna take a while to get to a level 10 crop and 50 monsters tamed, though!

Evening EDIT: Ha ha :) The FIRST time I did an 'I love you!' confession after finishing all of his events properly, at 8 hearts, Ryker accepted Alice's proposal to start dating :) I wonder if the confusing events system is responsible for a lot of people finding themselves unable to get one accepted...

PS: Ryker seems to have no belly-button. I find it mildly disturbing.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote: Nov 29, 2022 6:25 amEvening EDIT: Ha ha :) The FIRST time I did an 'I love you!' confession after finishing all of his events properly, at 8 hearts, Ryker accepted Alice's proposal to start dating :) I wonder if the confusing events system is responsible for a lot of people finding themselves unable to get one accepted...
Either you have amazing luck or were blessed by the RNG gods lol. Regardless, I want the confusing mess of a system gone, G-O-N-E in the next Rune Factory. I have no idea why they 'fixed' what wasn't broken from 1-3 in the series and then made it needlessly complicated in both RF4 and RF5. Who actively enjoys pixels playing hard to get when you've done everything right to get the reaction you need/want? It's not rocket science to tie LP levels to events/confessions and nothing else. If there's a reason (ie: event or story) that prevents the confession from happening, then just but a blocker on the LP until the confession is accessible. Maybe still let the LP gain (though unseen) in the meantime, then grow once the block is over, but ffs, anything, and indication showing there's a reason they won't accept is eons better than the RNG « Male Cow Poopoo » the series has decided to adapt to. I keep putting off my RF5 second playthrough because I don't want to deal with wooing another spouse all over again. I wonder if first time players of RF3 next year are going to be shocked or relieved how simple wooing is compared to their previous romps in the series, considering it's an actual requirement to complete the story and not a side activity.

----

Out of all the absolute bombardment of sales that have been happening in rapid fire, I have bought only one game, which is shocking for me looking at my previous buying habits. Maybe I'm finally learning some self control, but honestly it's probably due to the fact that most of the sales on games I was interested in were really dumb. I don't want 5-10 bucks off, I want at least 50% before even considering buying the product I'm on the fence about. Like, I saw that SMTV's complete edition was on sale to the point it was the same price as base game. I thought "That's cool and all, but what if I don't want all the extra « Cow Poopoo » and just the game, is it on sale?"

No, it was not. Interest immediately gone. I do suppose most of the games I want not being on sale is also due to them being fairly recent releases (this year) or popular games that sell no matter what, so eh, whatever. I'm more patient than ever due to lack of time so I CAN wait for decent sales, I've got no fire under me to play things I may or may not jive with. Anyways, the one game I did buy was the PS5 version of Void Terrarium. I've almost bought this game several times put just didn't. $15 bucks for a graphically enhanced version of a handheld game is perfectly fine in my book. When will I play it? When the mood strikes, I guess.

I have two days off starting tomorrow and I'm still waffling on how to spend them. I have drawings I need to digitize to add stock to my sticker shop on top of drawings I just want to do for myself (which is rare these days lol), shows I want to watch, fanfics I should work on, but the biggest pull is me just wanting to bum around in FFXIV and relax. My motivation went through the roof yesterday when I got home from work and I ended up finishing up all my chores out of pretty much nowhere, so I'm free of those. I wish my motivation could be that high all the time lol.