Rune Factory 5 Q & A

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

No scene they’ll just be there. Maybe having RF4 physically doesn’t work?
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

No; when I first booted up RF5, it immediately said that it had detected RF4S save data, so Doug and Margaret were unlocked before I started playing...they were in my game from the very first day. Unfortunately, this is a technical problem, which means you'll probably need to contact XSEED, or Marvelous EU. Unless someone here knows what may be wrong, of course, and a work-around or fix.

Physical wouldn't make a difference...the save file is still on the Switch itself.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Oof. I guess it's a plain ol' glitch in the programming and I'll probably just have to hope it'll be patched at some point. Thanks for the help anyway!
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

This probably won't be any consolation, but Doug and Margaret are incredibly boring and useless. So far they have NO use I can detect, other than to have a few lines of dialogue to remind you of RF4...at least Raven and Barrett had a use in RF4.

I personally don't like the reminder of the passage of time between RF4 and RF5...it feels sad and lonely to me. I think if I could, I'd get rid of Doug and Margaret from my game.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Yeah, it's no consolation at all XD Margaret is one of my favorite characters from RF4, I would've married her if I wasn't playing as a girl. And I don't mind the idea of time passing, in fact I think there's something comforting about the idea of my RF4 family growing older together back home, maybe with their grandkids being born while the story if RF5 is going on. But I guess that's subjective, haha.

I'm gonna comfort myself with the thought that I've finally got all my villagers and won't have to start building up two more friendships for Hina's "make friends with everyone" quest. Or maybe, with my luck, the game will get patched and I'll get Doug and Margaret just as I've reached 4 hearts and 99% for the last villager XD
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:This probably won't be any consolation, but Doug and Margaret are incredibly boring and useless. So far they have NO use I can detect, other than to have a few lines of dialogue to remind you of RF4...at least Raven and Barrett had a use in RF4.

I personally don't like the reminder of the passage of time between RF4 and RF5...it feels sad and lonely to me. I think if I could, I'd get rid of Doug and Margaret from my game.
They can be in your party. But that’s it.
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

I believe I asked this a while back, either here or in a different thread: Where do you get dragon bones for Palmo? Easy answer is: Give Cecil handmade gifts, dragon bones are in his pool of regifts.

I still haven't found a single apple seed! I wonder if there is more than two spots I need to try checking. When I don't get branches or rocks it's always orange, grape, or twinkle seeds. Maybe I should start spamming Reinhard with gifts to see if I can get some. Usually he gives flower seeds or sword seeds.
Mothership
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

greensara wrote:I believe I asked this a while back, either here or in a different thread: Where do you get dragon bones for Palmo? Easy answer is: Give Cecil handmade gifts, dragon bones are in his pool of regifts.

I still haven't found a single apple seed! I wonder if there is more than two spots I need to try checking. When I don't get branches or rocks it's always orange, grape, or twinkle seeds. Maybe I should start spamming Reinhard with gifts to see if I can get some. Usually he gives flower seeds or sword seeds.
According to Neoseeker, the
Spoiler:
Skull Dragon in Belpha Ruins Depths has a 20% chance of dropping dragon bones
LeBurns
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

greensara wrote:SNIP
I'm mid Fall and haven't gotten a single tree seed yet. There's even a quests to chop down a twinkle tree (or something like that), but again no seeds. I'm at the part in the MQ where I'm in lightning valley trying to find a way up.

Question: Are there any accessories that protect against lightning? I see some that have resistance to Light, but I assume that's different than lightning. Those dang lightning bolts hurt.
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Have you been checking the two gathering spots, the one by the big stump dead end in the forest, and next to the hot spring near the volcano area? I think I put a link to a site that shows their map locations some pages back in this thread.

I kid you not, right after I posted I finally got 1 apple seed from one of the spots! I must just have bad luck. Hopefully since I am nearly to winter there won't be as much chance for typhoons so I can get my apple quest done now?

Now my main problem has to do with the big boss in the endgame.
Spoiler:
He is just way too fast and I really miss having my team to help out. I am level 102 but that doesn't seem to matter. After some looking apparently 120 is the recommended level!?
Guess it's going to be a while, so my character may end up having kids before I beat the game, lol.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Summer and Winter are supposed to be the worst time for typhoons and blizzards, aren't they?
K8sMum
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

I can't get a crop up to level 5. It's the part of RF games I hate the most. 4.3.3.2...wth does that even mean? It drives me nuts.
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:Summer and Winter are supposed to be the worst time for typhoons and blizzards, aren't they?
Oh no, seriously?! Ugh, guess Ludmilla's going to be making bank on me protecting that tree. I am so not used to the RF universe weather.
K8sMum wrote:I can't get a crop up to level 5. It's the part of RF games I hate the most. 4.3.3.2...wth does that even mean? It drives me nuts.
I believe I had to use greenifier and a higher version of sickle to get level 5.
LeBurns
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

K8sMum wrote:I can't get a crop up to level 5. It's the part of RF games I hate the most. 4.3.3.2...wth does that even mean? It drives me nuts.
I had to use the third tier of sickle to get to past 4. Now I'm stuck at level 6 so I assume I'll need to upgrade my sickle again to get past level 6.

I find it odd that I have to find some secret spots to find tree seeds. I mean really? Does that make any sense? If I can't get seeds without cheating and using guide to go to the exact location something isn't right with the game design IMO. But at this point nothing I can do about it. I'll Google it, cheat, find the seeds and move on. Nuts.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

You need a better scythe, for sure...but you also need to UPGRADE it. You did in RF4, anyway. Like...a scythe made with silver, upgraded to level 10. I don't think the materials you use to upgrade it matter at all, it just needs to be a high-level scythe.