Rune Factory 5 Q & A

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
Anna_Lynn
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

lahren wrote:Hey umm so

I just got to Cloudheim 3F for the first time and the boss isn't spawning? It is letting me go straight to the floating fortress?

IS MY GAME BROKE?

Thanks in advance.
That can't be good. I think I remember there being a very important cutscene with Gideon either before or after the last battle in that dungeon, which elaborates on how you get access to the floating fortress in the first place. I've never heard of a bug like that before, I'll pray that it isn't some sort of save file corruption. Keep an eye out since the floating fortress has many boss fights from floor to floor, which would suck if they don't spawn either.
LeBurns
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I thought I read that the little apple monster can drop apple seeds? And isn't there a tree somewhere that gives a tree seed every day? I did find the tree stump that gives flower seeds.

Well I searched around for the meteors and found two. Only one of them dropped a seed. I know there's a trick to get more seeds, but I just took the one. I planted it in my most damage resistant plot of land on the Earth Dragon. It is Summer time which I think affects what crop it will produce, but I never looked it up so I have no idea what it will become. I have to wonder if it's worth seeding and replanting over and over again to get it's level up. I figure a level 10 star crop should win any harvest contest.

Story-wise I just unlocked the bandit hideout.

PS - I'll be honest it feels weird staying up past midnight without penalty. I wonder what would happen if you just didn't go to bed at all.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm not sure. Martin's event kept Alice up until 5AM, and I put her to bed at 5:30 when I got her back to her room. I should have stayed up just a liiiiittle longer, to 6AM when the day turns over fully...maybe she would have fainted?

Going to bed half an hour before waking, Alice had no de-buffs or anything...she woke up like normal.
LeBurns
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:I'm not sure. Martin's event kept Alice up until 5AM, and I put her to bed at 5:30 when I got her back to her room. I should have stayed up just a liiiiittle longer, to 6AM when the day turns over fully...maybe she would have fainted?

Going to bed half an hour before waking, Alice had no de-buffs or anything...she woke up like normal.
The odd thing is I've been rushing home to get in bed by 10:30 at the latest for fear of waking up late and with status effects the next morning. In fact even Scarlett will tell you if you speak to her after 6:00 PM that you should get plenty of rest. Now I feel like I should just keep working past midnight if needed since it doesn't seem to affect anything.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

You can stay up nonstop I think. I nearly tried while exploring the ruins. Your character wakes up at 6 no matter what though you won’t level up sleeping skill
LeBurns
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Shan O 123 wrote:You can stay up nonstop I think. I nearly tried while exploring the ruins. Your character wakes up at 6 no matter what though you won’t level up sleeping skill
Is there a point to the sleeping skill? I always wake up fully healed up and ready to go whether my skill is 1 or 100. Maybe it helps against the attacks with sleep status affect? Regardless I think I'm going to start staying up till around midnight or later (way past my bedtime in RL).
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

LeBurns wrote:
Shan O 123 wrote:You can stay up nonstop I think. I nearly tried while exploring the ruins. Your character wakes up at 6 no matter what though you won’t level up sleeping skill
Is there a point to the sleeping skill? I always wake up fully healed up and ready to go whether my skill is 1 or 100. Maybe it helps against the attacks with sleep status affect? Regardless I think I'm going to start staying up till around midnight or later (way past my bedtime in RL).
Oh I’m not sure
Anna_Lynn

Post  Posted:

I think the only thing that happens if you stay up past 6:00 is you get a cold, as well as the fatigue status effect. Wearing the stay-up ring should negate the effect of fatigue from spawning in. The cold is easy to cure since it just requires cold medicine, but I believe fatigue can only go away if you sleep. Also I'm not sure if the MC would faint at 6:00. If it's like RF4, the only thing that would happen would be the status effects popping up as soon as 6:00 a.m. hit. I don't remember fainting, nor teleporting back to the bedside in RF4 so I'm assuming it's the same in RF5 too.

There is absolutely zero penalty to staying awake as late as possible btw, as long as you do interact with your bed before the clock ticks over to 6:00. I would know since I'm always going to bed around 4-5:30a.m. in-game, and the latest I've ever been up was exactly 5:59 a.m. I was stressing so hard trying to get to the third floor of the second to last dungeon; you gotta climb this obnoxiously large staircase and it was like 5:55 in the morning, I was practically fighting the clock just to unlock that 3rd floor for fast-travel's sake, lmao.
Murasaki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Anna_Lynn wrote: but I believe fatigue can only go away if you sleep.
Eating a moondrop flower cures fatigue. I had that happen once and there's no medicine you can make for it.

I don't know about long term penalty for not sleeping. That the game keeps track of Sleeping skill levels is telling enough to not ignore it. Someone more into the maffs may be able to figure it out but it must all add up to player level and HP/RP levels.
Anna_Lynn

Post  Posted:

Murasaki wrote:
Eating a moondrop flower cures fatigue. I had that happen once and there's no medicine you can make for it.
Oh wow, I never knew that, it actually worked! However, I think you meant to say "toyherb" since the moondrops don't appear to cure anything. I'll have to stockpile a ton of cold medicine and toyherbs for when I decide to tackle the rest of the post-game dungeon then.
iloverainbow
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Can you go on dates with your partner for unlimited times?
Murasaki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Anna_Lynn wrote:
Murasaki wrote:
Oh wow, I never knew that, it actually worked! However, I think you meant to say "toyherb" since the moondrops don't appear to cure anything. I'll have to stockpile a ton of cold medicine and toyherbs for when I decide to tackle the rest of the post-game dungeon then.
Thanks. Yeah, toyherb. One of them flowers!
lahren
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Anna_Lynn wrote:
lahren wrote:Hey umm so

I just got to Cloudheim 3F for the first time and the boss isn't spawning? It is letting me go straight to the floating fortress?

IS MY GAME BROKE?

Thanks in advance.
That can't be good. I think I remember there being a very important cutscene with Gideon either before or after the last battle in that dungeon, which elaborates on how you get access to the floating fortress in the first place. I've never heard of a bug like that before, I'll pray that it isn't some sort of save file corruption. Keep an eye out since the floating fortress has many boss fights from floor to floor, which would suck if they don't spawn either.
So just in case this happens to anyone else, the boss didn't spawn because I had a town event going on. Previous bosses weren't affected by that as far as I am aware, but someone suggested that might be the case on Facebook and sure enough after the event was cleared the boss showed up!

So I have another question. I know in RF4 dating multiple characters affected their acceptance of the proposal for marriage. I know dating multiple characters affects the acceptance rate for dating confessions, but does it make it more difficult to get married in RF5?

Asking because I LOVE Ludmilla and am happily dating her, but don't know if I can be bothered to do brand new save files to date others because of the stressful nature in which I play the game (I am a completionist lol).

Thanks in advance! :)
K8sMum
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

I'm stuck. I just returned the rune to the ice world, start with a B. I cannot get out of there! I've been thru every possible path, every nook and cranny and can't get above the 2nd floor. I've defeated the boss twice. It's been 2 days game time.

I have no idea what to do. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Poor Ryker is with me in his swim trunks. He must be freezing!
lahren
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

K8sMum wrote:I'm stuck. I just returned the rune to the ice world, start with a B. I cannot get out of there! I've been thru every possible path, every nook and cranny and can't get above the 2nd floor. I've defeated the boss twice. It's been 2 days game time.

I have no idea what to do. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Poor Ryker is with me in his swim trunks. He must be freezing!
Can you warp out of the dungeon? Press the - button then y?