Rune Factory 5 Q & A

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

I don't have many answers yet myself but I'm sure to have plenty of questions, lol.

1. Do you use up HP running around town? Also, does fast travel add to or lessen this?

2. I am so confused about furniture. Palmo gave me a storage box and a material bin. I put the storage box in my room and the material bin outside, but Palmo also said something about giving me a cooking thing, but I don't know where it is. He also can't sell me any because something is full?
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

1. As far as I know, no!

2. I had trouble with this too lol. The cooking table is in Palmo's shop near the entrance, on a small square platform! You can interact with it and bring it home. You can't buy any furniture because both the square platform in Palmo's shop and the square platform in your home, where the clothes closet is, are full!

I've got a question of my own for anyone who might be able to help: How do I advance Ryker's first romance event? I got through Martin's first event with no problem, but I've been stuck in Ryker's event with nothing past the first scene seeming to trigger anywhere.
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Thanks so much, I had no idea I needed to move the closet. I will check around his shop again when I fire the game back up.

I wonder what's up with the hp. You get experience for walking so that's why I thought it might be related. Perhaps we are supposed to eat in this game?

I haven't seen any heart events yet, but I'm also still trying to figure out how things work and where locations are, lol. Love that map!
PaleSunflower
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

greensara -
In some of the HM/SoS, if you run out of stamina (I think that is what is was called), which would be RP in the RF games, then HP depletes instead. Running around town might deplete RP, which then depletes HP, maybe. I can't say for sure. Here's a tip I saw online for RP - I have no idea whether it still works or whether it was patched out. This tip is from when the game first released in Japan last year.
Elemiel on TvTropes wrote:Talking to characters has an unintended benefit early on in the game. Your RP slowly recovers over real time while standing still, and talking with someone pauses in game time. Livia, who is always downstairs from your room, can be used as a free RP refill while crafting if you don't mind waiting a couple real minutes and only costs you the few minutes of game time for moving between her and the crafting tables. The effectiveness of this wears off the higher your RP is, as the wait will be much longer, but by that point making food in large amounts to keep your RP up should be simple.
Edit - A Redditor noticed the phenomenon while playing RF5 recently, so this trick seems to still work.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Wait you actually lose RP while walking? Well…..

Note to self: move my closet before buying anything and DO NOT accidentally break it. (Good thinking I reloaded.
astro-demon
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

When is Ludmilla unlocked?
Hodis31
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Are sure the missing HP isn’t from leveling walking? Leveling that increases max HP/RP and Vit
PaleSunflower
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

astro-demon wrote:When is Ludmilla unlocked?
She arrives later in the story and is unlocked by progressing the main story.
Spoiler:
I think she moves into Rigbarth during the 2nd arc, after a new villain is established. She opens a flower shop in the later half of the story.
Sigyn
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Before I drop 150 material stone on a fridge, any chance the game will just ... give me one as a reward for a request?
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

I don't think just walking depletes RP. In the very beginning it seemed like my HP kept mysteriously going down, but now it seems to last longer, like until late afternoon or evening, so either I was using more RP than I realized, not sure, or maybe my character is hungry? I also wonder if all the random leveling up helps with that now because it doesn't seem to be as much of an issue?

More questions! Can you take materials out of the material bin or are they stuck once you put them in? As in are the things in the bin just for using with Palmo?

Can you craft/cook/forge from storage, or do the ingredients need to be in your inventory?

Is cold medicine something you have to craft or will the clinic eventually get it in stock?
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I feel like I've been passing out way more than in other RF games I've played, and I kind of assumed it was just the HP and RP bar being too small and unnoticable. Especially since the last game I played was Legends Arceus, which makes your health really easily visible. I even passed out during my first fishing tourney. (Still managed to win though!) Maybe some skills do just take more RP than you'd expect.
PaleSunflower
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

In terms of the HP going down via walking, I honestly don't know. Hodis31's post might be accurate.
Hodis31 wrote:Are sure the missing HP isn’t from leveling walking? Leveling that increases max HP/RP and Vit
The idea behind this is that the new HP you gain by leveling up walking isn't "full". In short, if a level up gives +50 HP, then that new HP would appear as a gap on the health bar. If you had 100 HP and got +50 HP added, then your health bar would go from full to 2/3 full (from 100/100 to 100/150). If one got a bunch of levels instead and got +900 HP, then the health bar would would only be 1/10 full (100/1000). Technically, one wouldn't be losing health, but things would certainly look that way.

For all I know, however, it could be both this theory and walking depleting HP. :shock:
astro-demon
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

Walking does not use RP, I have never noticed it drop while walking. I believe the difference is from the HP points being raised while walking or doing other activities. RP can regenerate as well, so some might notice that they have used up half their HP but still have some RP and wonder how that was possible, not realizing they had gone to 0 RP at one point and didn't notice. At least thats what happened to me once
LeBurns
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I was losing both HP and RP farming, but there was still RP, so I know I wasn't losing HP because my RP went to zero (like prior games).

I didn't realize that 'pad' in the room was for receiving items. I'll need to clear it off also ... which means I have to find a new place for the wardrobe ... which means I have to move it ... which means I need to lock myself in the bedroom first so the family doesn't hear all my swearing from not being able to place it where I want.

Q: So what's a good gift to just carry around and give anyone? I'm only in about day two and my first turnips haven't matured yet, so just starting out. I've been trying to talk to everyone, but I figure if I'm doing that I may as well give them something also. Just something cheap (or free) that everyone at least generally likes.
astro-demon wrote:Walking does not use RP, I have never noticed it drop while walking. I believe the difference is from the HP points being raised while walking or doing other activities. RP can regenerate as well, so some might notice that they have used up half their HP but still have some RP and wonder how that was possible, not realizing they had gone to 0 RP at one point and didn't notice. At least thats what happened to me once
That could be it. Hmm ...
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

I have heard turnip seeds are good neutral gifts for almost everyone, and so far it seems to be true.