Hometown Story: Items that upgrade NPC shops?

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
♪PhantomSkye♪
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

was wondering wich items need to sell to certain npc's to have them upgrade their shop..
i know Cling and Clang need to buy hammers but idk everone elce. Can some fill the blanks of the rest of the characters of what item they buy that will upgrade their shop :?:

Raechel/Anna: ___
Haruka/Miyo: ___
Mika: ___
Bobby/Dexter: ___
Sunny: ___

and who ever elce im missing :lol:

thank you!
FarmingForDaysMan
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Heyyyyy my girl, I’ve got an answer for you but unfortunately I won’t be able to give you my answer until tomorrow. Sorry! :’)
♪PhantomSkye♪
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

ok no worrys!
ill be here at somepoint tomorrow to check for yor reply : )

thank you my friend! :lala:
FarmingForDaysMan
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

♪PhantomSkye♪ wrote:was wondering wich items need to sell to certain npc's to have them upgrade their shop..
i know Cling and Clang need to buy hammers but idk everone elce. Can some fill the blanks of the rest of the characters of what item they buy that will upgrade their shop :?:

Raechel/Anna: ___
Haruka/Miyo: ___
Mika: ___
Bobby/Dexter: ___
Sunny: ___

and who ever elce im missing :lol:

thank you!
Alrighty, so the key to upgrading most of the shop inventories is to upgrade Cling and Clang’s shop. I say “most” because unfortunately neither Sunny or Midori’s inventories can be upgraded. Anyways, you know how Cling and Clang sell three(?) different types of each tool (these would be your pots, frying pans, knives, hoes, sickles, and fishing rods)? The three different levels of each item are something like Novice, Advanced, and Artisan—I have a feeling that the titles are wrong, but just know that there are THREE levels of each tool :lol: Wait, wait…there might be four….I don’t know….but what I definitely know is that Artisan is the highest level. :’)

So, I’m pretty sure that you can’t skip upgrades. By this I mean that you can’t jump from the smallest inventory (that’s available from the start of the game) to the largest inventory (this inventory includes golden items). I’m not very good at explaining things, so let’s just say that you’re trying to get the first upgrade for Rachael’s restaurant and you put Level-1, Level-2, and Level-3 pots or frying pans on your shelves. Even though you have all three out on your shelves, Rachael will buy the Level-2/Advanced cooking tool (since she’s already at Level 1 from the start of the game, I think). She will only buy the Level-3/Artisan cooking tool once she has upgraded her shop for the first time (which would put her shop at Level 2). GaH, I hope this makes sense. I’m confusing myself :lol:

Anyways…

Rachael/Anna: Sell pots, knives, and/or frying pans. GameFAQs says that Rachael visits the shop on sunny and cloudy Mondays at 1:00 p.m.

Haruka/Miyo: Sell sickles and/or hoes.

Mika: I’m not really sure about this one. Try 1) selling a bunch of dairy products or 2) buy, buy, buying a ton of stuff from Mika. I’m not sure if the storyline affects her shop.

Bobby/Dexter: Sell hoes and/or sickles.

Sunny: Her shop can’t be upgraded! So sad. :(

Philip: Sell fishing rods.

I hope you can make sense of my rambling :>

EDIT: Oh, be sure to take advantage of that duplicating glitch if you’re not already! It saves you a ton of money :)
♪PhantomSkye♪
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

thats perfect!
thanks so much! it all makes sence to me :lol:

i have Cling/Clangs upgraded 2 times now. he bought 1 lv1 hammer and 1 steel hammer. next time ill get them to buy the artasin hammer,however it spelled X )
Phillip bought 1 lv1 Rod.
Rachel bought lv1 frying pan, and anna bought lv1 pot. they seem to be on 2nd level as in, first upgrade. Anna buying the pot dident do anything, so must be the frying pans for upgrades.
((i had no clue they can sell golden veggie/fruit, ill assume that w/ the artisin fryin'pan))
anna OR cling/clang come at 8pm, never both in shop at once tho, Bobby hasent come in yet at all but it will be at 6pm! gotta work on that friendship!

And yes i have been doing the duplication glitch! i just learned about it in this new file. its SUPER useful!
i did it with my goumet ingrediants so i wouldnt have to spend 300gold, 2/3 times.
and with the small axe for whenever the quest happens, and for dream fragments :P

Thanks for being my hometown story question answering person! :lala:
one day we should friends on the 3ds, since you are so helpfull! :heart:
FarmingForDaysMan
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Yes! Yay for you :D Now I can’t say for sure, but on my file it seemed like Bobby didn’t start regularly visiting the shop until after Dexter showed up. I guess Dexter turned the old grump into a social butterfly. I love Bobby ^^. Yes, the duplication glitch is sooo helpful! Sorry 2pm vendor dude, we’re not totally dependent on you anymore :>

Yeah, I think it’s the frying pans that upgrade the restaurant. I wasn’t sure, but my initial guess was leaning towards that.

Oh, on a random side note, I used to be frustrated because I thought that I couldn’t buy stuff from the 2pm vendor and upgrade my shop in the same day. Even when I used teleport as soon I could get away from the vendor, Cling and Clang would be away from their shop. It was really frustrating because I wanted to upgrade my shop as soon as possible, but I was afraid to skip out on the vendor because I thought that I would miss the opportunity to buy key items or anything else that I needed. However, in my current file I finally figured out that I could buy from the 2pm vendor and upgrade my shop in the same day! WOoHoO! I think they return to their shop at 5:00 or so on Mondays? I don’t remember.

I’ll add you now! And I will add my friend code to my signature. :)
♪PhantomSkye♪
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Sorry I was eating Dinner!
but i have you added now!
just a heads up, i change my mii character alot loll along w/ the status message XD so if ya see diffrent mii's it just me fooling around in the mii maker :)

i got my shop at the 3rd? upgrade plus i have 2 blue fether peices now so that nice. i got Haruka/Miyo super fast in this file. month 1 day 13 i think? before in old files, it took around month 3 before they came but yeah!
w/ the dupe item glitch i just cloned the stawberrys you get right at the beging right at the tuturial and sold alot then ta-da! they appear! :lala:
Edit: im on month 2 day 3. Just had 4 cutsene in a row! XD and peter and willhelm is in town now too YUSS! i honestly wish willhelm was a bachelor in this, i love his red design colors. (why do we get crazy mayors son? lolol)