RF5 Candidate Rankings Before and After

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
JayDucky03
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Spoiler:
Bluie wrote:I liked Murakumo, Ludmilla, and Lucas the most before the game dropped.

The Girls

I'm gonna be brutally honest here; Lucy, Scarlett, Priscilla, and Beatrice are boring as hell. They're all one note characters with no depth, and I'm saying this after finishing every single one of their town events that aren't locked behind dating them. They have good designs and their personalities are non offensive, but they're all just a different mood when you look past it. Absolutely disappointing.

Fuuka is a very fun character and her events are interesting, but she's not really wife material? I mean, maybe if her design wasn't so juvenile I'd be more inclined, but she acts about the same way as she looks. I stand with her and her onion hate though, dragon gods bless her.

Ludmilla I'm purposely avoiding contact with because I'm going to date the hell out of her in my second file. She comes off VERY strong, but hell, it's hilarious? Her design is also top notch and HOLY « Puppy Doodoo », HAVE YOU SEEN HOW TALL SHE IS!? I'm looking forward to romancing her later.

The Boys

Cecil and Martin boil down to their professions and how extreme they take them. Boring. Reinhart lives to protect Beatrice and has a frugal nature. Eh. They're just OK when they could've been much more.

Murakumo would also fall into the boring category if his personality wasn't so well written. His dialog has been some of the funniest « Cow Poopoo » in the game, especially in regards to his family and their relationship. He's definitely the best husband material the game has. Also, great design, but I am SALTY they cover up his abs when he's wearing a swimsuit!

Ryker I'm still neutral on. Great design, his personality improves a lot as you befriend him, but I'm two events deep and I can't tell if he's actually hiding something or if he's just a chuunibyou (his battle lines are SO CRINGE LMAO). If he's the latter, I'll be disappointed, but I've still enjoyed wooing him so eh?

Lucas I am enthralled with. Truly the writers channeled all their talent into this one man. His events are fantastic, how he interacts with the MC is so suave and also hilarious (he thanked me for a can and then asked me how to eat it lmaoooo). He will be the fan favorite and it will be 100% deserved.
I actually like Fuuka a lot more than I thought I would but she does come off too much like a little kid. Ludmilla is 100% more wife material.
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Just got to beach day, and I have to say, Reinhard may have moved up on the charts, lol. Cecil definitely looks like a little boy though. I was wondering what the point of beach day was until I had the brilliant idea to see if they'd go adventuring in their swim gear. Yes! Officially a great holiday now fighting with Murakumo, Lucas, and Reinhard, lol!
LeBurns
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Can't really say yet as I haven't even unlocked all the candidates yet.

I thought there was a thread where people listed who they thought they would like. Was trying to find my response there to compare but can't seem to find the old thread. Might have just made it up.
Anna_Lynn
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

Here's my opinions so far:

Ryker: He's okay. I can't get a single one of his events to pop up, and I keep forgetting to talk to him at night, so I've yet to witness what the big deal on his personality shift is. Also his first impression sort of rubbed me the wrong way with how straightforward he was about your affiliation with SEED, but whatever.

Martin: Surprisingly a LOT nicer than I thought he would turn out to be. I think he just has a bad case of the resting-« Baaaa *glomp* »-face, lmao. Easily my favorite bachelor so far, and the one I'll more than likely marry first (especially after seeing his first romance event overnight at the inn). I also think it's so cute how he bumps into you when you meet him for the first time. I will be absolutely shocked if he isn't the most popular bachelor in RF5. Bonus points for being unlocked from the start and liking scrap metal, lol.

Cecil: I like him more than I liked Kiel, so yay? I can only think of one instance so far where he acted quite childishly, that being when you meet him for the first time, and he sort of pleads for you to be his friend. I'll wait until I see some of his events before I judge his true character.

Murakumo: He's like, too perfect? I don't know what the male term for "Mary-Sue" is, but that's what he feels like, and idk how else to describe it. It's like he cares less about his business making money, and more about the customer satisfaction. Maybe he'll show some flaws in more romance events, since so far all I'm seeing are a bunch of pros, and no cons. I want my candidates to have some cons, dangit!
Also he's too much of a "bro." Slightly reminds me of the one surfer dude from RF3, Carmen's brother.

Reinhard: He's more chill than I thought he would be. Once again, I just have to see some of his events to be able to say if he'll be a favorite or not, since he seems to say the same 3-5 conversations every time I talk to him. Hell, I feel like everyone's dialogue repeats way too often, despite me constantly raising the townsfolk friendship levels.

Lucas: He's so weird! I'm not even sure if I like him as a character...plus I feel so strange romancing him! The way he saunters around in a sort of trance-like fascination with every little thing., almost like a grandpa with dementia regaining lost memories, I just don't get the appeal! I think it's safe to say that he's 100% not my type, lmao. I think part of me expected Lucas to act somewhat like Klaus from the first SoS game, but boy was my prediction incorrect. Lucas will easily be a fan favorite for the older crowd, but as someone in my early 20's myself, I'm probably not the target demographic for his character, ahaha.

Priscilla: She's cute, I suppose. I feel like if you took Popuri and Mary, and combined the two, Priscilla would be the result. I'm happy to see that she isn't a stereotypical shy girl who constantly stutters, or is too meek to talk with others. She's just an easygoing bookworm with a gentle soul.

Lucy: I genuinely cannot tell if she's truly tsundere or not, but I do like her as a character. She's like perfect best friend material too. I feel like she resembles Odette from Tides of Destiny quite a bit.

Fuuka: I've only seen her first event, and good lord I think it ruined her character for me. Unlike Murakumo, Misasagi, and Hina whom I all assume are obviously used to human interaction, Fuuka's just flat out too feral for me to handle. Her drive seems to be collecting "shinies" and I was straight up cringing during the entire blacksmith scene.

Scarlett: First impression = mega « Baaaa *glomp* ». Okay joking aside, I suppose I would be pretty pissed too if I was a veteran at my job, left for a mission, and came back to find that my boss hired some random newbie amnesiac as my new co-worker. Now that her friendship is higher and I've gotten farther in the story, she's mellowed out a bit, so she's cool enough for now.

Beatrice: She's waaay nice than I thought she would be. Talkative too. I think a lot of her artwork made her come across as being sort of shy, or...haughty, I guess? Instead she's just female Arthur with a dash of Xiao Pai's clumsiness tendencies.

I'm not far enough in the story to have Ludmilla in my town yet, so I have no opinion of her to share. I've heard nothing but good things about her character though, so I can't wait to unlock her! :heart:
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Before playing, I didn't look at the pre-release videos or character descriptions much, so I had no expectations on most of the cast. I thought Ryker looked the most interesting, and thought Lucas had some potential depending on how his "amnesia" shtick was written. I also thought the bachelorettes seemed mostly uninteresting. After playing, though:

Martin: He's pretty relatable to me, as an older sibling with very little facial expressions. His first event was really nice and romantic too.

Cecil: More likable than I expected. Not in my list of potential love interests, but he's a sweet kid. I hope his story brings him some closure.

Murakumo: He's handsome and fun, but I'm not really feeling any kind of romantic potential from him. Unfortunate, because I'm usually into the himbo type.

Ryker: As expected, I like him. Wish his "personality change at night" thing affected more than just his greeting and the timing of his events, but I don't mind it too much. I like him more than the usual "lazy" character type in Rune Factory.

Reinhard: Like a househusband in white armor, except he can't cook. He's got a cute smile and he's more down-to-earth than I expected, and I like his dynamic with Terry.

Lucas: I adore him. He's so funny! And mysterious! And he's such a charmer, calling Alice's smile beautiful! And he has glasses sometimes!! His model is way better-looking than his portrait too. He totally exceeded my expectations for him. I'm really curious how his story will progress. My favorite bachelor bar none.

Priscilla: I'm not usually fond of the shy type, but I like her attempts to better herself. Also her design's just really cute. Wish she (and Lucy) had some dialogue about her job at the bakery or store though.

Lucy: Kind of conflicted. I like that she was suspicious of Alice at the start and I like her friendship with Priscilla and her tomboyishness and her freckles. But her latest event had her showing signs of the cliche "tomboy who wishes she was girly" thing and I don't really like that. Though I guess it contrasts with Priscilla wishing she was more brave?

Fuuka: I'm surprisingly fond of her. Her growls and animal noises are pretty well voice acted, so they don't get annoying. I've mentally placed her in the category of "regular non-marriageable villager with a few extra events" though, same as Cecil. One of the kids, basically.

Beatrice: She's a funny airhead princess. Can't get much of a read on her yet other than that, but I'm curious about her story and her relation to Arthur (who I married in RF4). Maybe his niece? Grand-niece?

Scarlett: I adore her! I can't help but feel like she and Alice have a lot of shipping potential. A strict and severe senpai and a cheerful and capable kouhai? Not to mention they live in the same house, save each other on several occasions and look pretty good together with their contrasting cold and warm color schemes? I feel like even if I don't end up marrying her I'll ship them together anyway. My favorite bachelorette, pretty much tied with Lucas.

Ludmila: Haven't met her yet, unfortunately.

Having to make the choice between marrying Lucas or Scarlett is gonna be really tough...
Chronic Lurker
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Having unlocked all the marriage candidates and completed all but Ludmila's third romance event, here are my thoughts! I don't think I had any drastic changes before vs. after, but maybe I'll have a revelation while typing it out. Possible minor spoilers for events and character details below.
Spoiler:
Beatrice: I wasn't especially interested in her before release (typically not interested in royalty characters). After playing, I think she's sweet, but she's medium-tier on my romancing priority list. I do think the mysterious aspect of her character makes her more appealing, though, so I'm interested in finding out more whenever I do get to her romance. I also love her color scheme!

Fuuka: Did not think much of her at all pre-release, in large part because I'm not a fan of how she's sort of exoticized. XSEED giving her an actual language instead of filler honestly helped soothe that sore sport for me. I know the main issue a lot of people have is how young she looks, but I think that's mostly just her face (if you look at her swimsuit sprite she's definitely proportioned like an adult). Similarly, I don't think she acts young so much as feral, which is also polarizing but can have its own charm. I like her a lot as a character, and I look forward to learning more about her backstory as well. I think I'll save her for my Alice playthrough--I wouldn't like her for *me*, but I thought she had decent chemistry with the MC as of her third event--and I do like her more than I expected to.

Lucy: Did not catch my eye at all pre-release. I like her as a character, but nothing about her grabs me as a romance option. I just kind of want to be her bestie. Low-priority.

Ludmila: I only unlocked her the other day, but I love her! Knew I would--her personality blurb sounded fascinating and her design is lovely. I adore that her dress looks like a big flower. She's so much more chill than I expected her to be, and she doesn't give off yandere vibes at all, not like a lot of people expected her to. She's a free spirit and she's funny, but she also feels more complex than the other girls, and she's definitely going to be the first bachelorette I marry. Also, co-op cooking is a life saver for stocking up on salted rainbow trout, because I have had AWFUL luck at getting that fish to spawn.

Priscilla: Thought I would like her more than I currently do, unfortunately. Her backstory is interesting to me and I want to see her character develop, but her crush on the MC is just a little too cutesy for me. Her voice also bothers me and I was hoping I would've gotten used to it by now (I'm using the ENG voices since the bachelorettes sound much more diverse with that cast), but alas! I'll probably still romance her sooner than Lucy or Scarlett. Speaking of Scarlett...

Scarlett: Is it just me, or is the game pushing her as the main heroine? Anyways, I didn't have a lot of interest in her before, and I'm still having a hard time with that now. I think I would be more interested in her if she wasn't actually marriageable and the main story alone did more to develop her, because I'm somewhat interested in whatever she has going on with her father, but not nearly enough to go out of my way to romance her. Her lack of expression is also driving me away. Not that there's anything wrong with inexpressiveness, of course, but it's not really attractive to me. I plan on romancing all the characters eventually, though, so maybe she'll surprise me when I get to her in the next couple of months.

Cecil: Not a character I was ever interested in, but I like him. I think he works better as a sidekick to the MC than love interest, though. I really don't mind younger-looking characters in these games because a lot of the fanbase is younger and the games seem to be aimed at early teens, but still. Not for me. I at least thought Kiel had good chemistry with Frey, but Cecil really just feels like he should remain a platonic relationship. He might be last on my romancing list.

Lucas: Oh boy. I knew I was probably going to like him, but I REALLY like him a lot. I thought the godhood thing might get annoying, but his curiosity and good nature make him so likable, and I'm incredibly interested in seeing where that storyline goes--it's probably the most gripping character hook to me so far. I also absolutely love Mark Whitten's voiceover for him, so that adds more points in his favor. I know some people think he looks too old, and I do get a bit of that in the anime cutscenes, but I think (speaking as an early twenty-something) he's fine for the most part. I definitely don't see him as a grandpa, but all my grandparents were on the older side already when I was a kid, so he reminds me more of a father or professor. Depends on if you're into that, I guess. As for me, it's gonna be a horribly tough pick between him and Murakumo as to who I marry first, so I'm hoping the pre-marriage events will cement my choice.

Martin: He has pretty eyes, but I just can't get into his character. Cecil is actually a little more memorable for me, but maybe that's just because I never go to the smithy? I did really enjoy his events, but from what people were saying, I thought he would sneak up on me more. As a certified Dylas enjoyer, I thought that old instinct might kick in, but nada. I'll probably still romance him before Scarlett or Cecil, though.

Murakumo: He's like a sentient teddy bear. Can't beat that. I remember back when his design was first revealed I thought he looked goofy, but I gave him a second look after reading his personality description, since I'm a sucker for his character type. He's the only character I've confessed to so far, and I'm really enjoying his dating events! I'm guessing the first three dates for each character are unique? I really love that addition--I didn't like how similarly the dates tended to play out in RF4, and this also gives more reason to slow down and enjoy the dating phase as opposed to rushing through in order to get married. Back to Murakumo himself, my only real gripe is just how much he advertises the inn in his everyday dialogue with you. I understand that it's probably for character reasons, but it feels a touch excessive. He does have that very large and soft-looking tail though so it's all good.

Reinhard: My initial impression was that he wasn't my type at all, but I think he's likable. Still not my type, but I think his reactions when you give him loved gifts are sweet. His attachment to Beatrice doesn't read as excessive to me like I know it has with some players--I almost feel like they have a surrogate sibling dynamic going on, with an older brother figure looking out for a younger sister figure, especially after he mentioned in an event that they've known one another for years. The downside of that is that it makes me far more interested in seeing their relationship explored, even as a platonic one, than seeing a relationship explored between him and the MC. Probably a medium-priority romance.

Ryker: Didn't know what to expect with this guy and still don't know what to make of him. His backstory is definitely not what I expected it to be, but I feel like his events haven't given me a good enough idea of who he is to say how I feel about him for sure. Maybe I'll go for him after Ludmila? I'm not seeing much of a chuunibyou archetype outside of battle lines and bits and pieces of dialogue, which is also unexpected. I simply don't know how I feel about him, even after many hours of playtime. I do like his design, at least.
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

After seeing a lot more events and unlocking everyone, I have changed my rankings.
Girls:
1. Lucy
2. Ludmilla
3. Scarlett
4. Priscilla
5. Beatrice
6. Fuuka

Boys:
1. Reinhard
2. Murakumo
3. Martin
4. Cecil
5. Ryker
6. Lucas

Yes, Lucas shot to the bottom because he ticked me off in his current event I am still stuck in and want to hurry up and finish.
Spoiler:
You don't silence someone against their will, especially when you previous ranted about being responsible with your powers! Big no-no, jerk.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I've been trying not to post for a bit because I only just got Lucas and had a few scenes around town with him (got to his 'divine' event, now) but with this most recent scene, I find him gullible to the point of stupidity. Even if that turned out not to be true, I don't think I'd like him...but it's possible, still, I guess, since I haven't seen any personal events, just story ones. And the least attractive in looks, as well, as his main art (the 2D portrait) is ugly and the spite art is better, but still not to my taste (I really dislike hair that's slicked off the forehead that way with one thin lock hanging: looks greasy, to me.)

And with that, I feel like I know enough about the bachelors to rank them, though Reinhart and Martin haven't revealed a lot of personality, yet, tbh. My rankings may yet change with more personality coming out, but for now...

1) Ryker
2) Martin/Reinhart (could easily change for these two, they need more development in events)
3) Murakumo
4) Cecil
5) Lucas
Somerandom
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

I did my last rankings around the mid game. Now that I have seen all the events, (not including every dating event) and have gotten married I feel like I am going to adjust my rankings.

Bachelorettes
Spoiler:
Beatrice: I like her, she is cute, determined and very nice. She says some of the most hilarious things sometimes due to being sheltered, like how she thought shovelling snow was swimming in the snow, but it’s not done in an offensive or annoying way. Even though she is a princess she isn’t haughty or demeaning to your character at all, in fact she seems to want to be a normal girl which is nice.

The main problem with Beatrice however, is that you need to date her to solve her problems. I wish we could help her without dating, you know what I mean? That’s kind of the problem with some of the candidates in 5 tbh, in 4 and most other games the characters were fine if you didn’t pursue them, but to completely resolve her and another bachelorette I will mention later’s problems you need to date them.

Ludmila: She is probably the most polarising bachelorette in the game, some people can’t stand her over the top nature and love for the protagonist, where others love her for how crazy she is. As for me, I like Ludmila as a character, I was afraid protagonist obsession would be like Camilla or Tharja from Fire Emblem, 2 characters that I really dislike, but to my surprise it seems that this is the way she acts towards most people and she actually has a solid backstory. She is great friend material for the protag but I definitely wouldn’t marry someone as over bearing as her.

Lucy: I like Lucy’s personality as a friend, she cares for her friends and family and she is suspicious of your character at the start so you don’t hurt her friends and family. She isn’t cold at all, just very protective of those in town especially Priscilla and Julian. I think it’s sad though that she doesn’t think much of herself as a girl and wants to be like Priscilla, even though her competitive nature is fun and adds more flavour to the town.

Scarlett: Not much about Scarlett has changed since my last post on the characters. She is a good colleague and friend to the MC, but nothing more. I like how she takes pride in her work but she is far too straight laced for my liking and while she does get flustered at times, she doesn’t really crack when dealing with anyone other than Ludmila if you know what I mean.

Fuuka: I did say last time that she seems kind of childish but it’s mainly due to not interacting with human society and living alone. Her backstory and personality is one of my favourites in the game due to how unique it is. Why is she this low? Personally she makes a better non marriageable villager than a candidate as most of her events make me think “aww… I wanna protect this child” as opposed to seeing anything remotely romantic. Fuuka is a great character but a bad bachelorette.

Priscilla: She has had the second biggest drop for me in terms of characters I liked. I was fine with Priscilla being the friend to the protagonist and an easy going, girly book worm who is a romantic… that was until I raised up her friendship level. Now she often blushes and is very interested in your character… even after you marry someone else, which is a big turn off for me. I didn’t mind when Clorica did similar things in 4 because it was treated like a close friendship, but the way she acts can’t be seen in any other way than a romantic interest. As someone who is straight and married a guy in game, it kind of made me feel a little awkward and uncomfortable. If you like Priscilla this is not going to be an issue for you, but if like me you like someone else, yeah this may be a bit of a problem.

But the worst part about Priscilla is that her whole personality change, becoming more confident only happens if you date her, she doesn’t change or have much character development if you don’t. This is a similar problem to Beatrice but more severe, I hate that she needs the protagonist’s love to grow, isn’t friendship enough?

Overall ranks from worst to best Priscilla, Fuuka, Scarlett, Lucy, Ludmila, Beatrice
Bachelors
Spoiler:
Reinhard: I love this dork a lot! I married him in game because I liked his personality and events and also because I saw some of his romantic before dating dialog and thought it was cute. People think that he is obsessed with Beatrice but really this is the case because he is obsessed with his job as a knight because he owes the king a lot for taking his family out of poverty. In reality he likes you but puts his job first. I have some romantic dialog pics I can upload if you want me to. His final romantic event reminds me a lot of Vishnal’s your answer event in terms of themes as it’s about conflicts between your work and the person you love. Also near the end of the event he asks if you are breaking up with him and due to the slight parallels with your answer I laughed a little. Also this event was what made me like Ludmila a little more.

Ryker: This guy has had the biggest rise in my rankings since my last post. Once you get past the initial bad first impressions from his first event and low friendship dialog he becomes a much more likeable and interesting character. His chuuni side is only seen at night and in very small quantities, which is good because I can’t stand chuuni’s who are too over the top. I haven’t seen his dating events so I don’t know if he shows his chuuni side more during them. I do think because of his chill personality and hilarious dialog, Ryker will be the fan favourite.

Murokumo: When I started the game I really liked Murokumo because he was so nice and great uncle to Hina… now that I have finished everything I am still saying the same thing about him. It’s a shame they don’t really give him interesting events or any romantic dialog whatsoever (I only got one piece and that was instigated by the MC). In fact I hated the ending of his last before dating event. I really don’t think the corrupt merchant will reject his life of crime because the MC gave him the jewels he was trying to take.

Martin: Martin is a nice yet reserved guy and he cares for his younger brother. He is also very devoted to his work. That’s all I can really say about Martin. He seems to be pretty popular though… is it because he’s reserved or something IDK. Martin’s best moments are the ones where the protagonist can tease him.

Cecil: Wow, Cecil actually moved up a rank, what? Yes, this is because while he is too young looking for my tastes and the fact that he is very much like a kid still, his backstory and personality is great, just not for a bachelor. The fact that he became a detective because he wants to search for his missing parents means that he has a great story arc. Again I wish we didn’t have to date him to get closure. I still think Cecil is a bad name. I think the name Henry would suit him better, it sounds more youthful. He might gain a little popularity with this small change.

Lucas: Here we are at the bottom of my list. This is the character that dropped in my rankings the most. Lucas is proof that Marvelous still does not know how to create a good old bachelor. (Klaus from SoS was alright but constantly said he was an old man… at probably the ripe old age of 30 something) I hate how obnoxious he is with his divine powers (makes me think he is the chuuni and not Ryker) and the fact that he is overly curious about everything is annoying. I said he made me feel uncomfortable with his appearance before, but now both his appearance and personality make me feel uncomfortable. His events are pretty bad as well particularly the third one. Silencing the main character against their will when they were about to tell the truth. Then he sings a song that is supposed to almost kill you and then you wake up in his house. So yeah, Lucas is my least favourite bachelor in all of Rune Factory.

Bachelor rankings from worst to best: Lucas, Cecil, Martin, Murokumo, Ryker, Reinhard
Anna_Lynn

Post  Posted:

Priscilla reminds me a lot of the previous "main" bachelorettes like Mana, Mist, and Shara. It doesn't help that she's what, the first one you meet, the one that watches over you on your first day, the one who teaches you on the fields...I wonder if she's a personal favorite with someone at Marvelous, since I think I recall them even using her in an old trailer for the game when showcasing the wedding. She's become very "meh" for me as well. When you beat the second arc and...
Spoiler:
The whole town gathers round the portal to shout words of encouragement, I swear she was even blushing and flirting with the MC then too!
I'd still marry her over Fuuka at least. Now Ryker's one that I'm very surprised on. I went from liking him before the game came out, to hating him after the game came out, to now liking him a lot after raising his friendship up. I cannot wait to split my save file and marry him second because I can tell he's going to have some hilarious dialogue going forward.

I'm tempted to adjust my rankings as well now that I've seen so many events, but honestly the only things noteworthy are that; Beatrice is adorable, easily best bachelorette. Ludmilla is hilarious, love her dramatic valley-girl voiced dialogue. Lucy comes on too hard after 7 hearts, we get it girl you're afraid of being vulnerable about romance. Scarlett acts like she's a doting parent. Priscilla is still like a pink-haired Mineral Town Mary, but somehow written worse, and Fuuka is a good girl who deserves all the head pets, still a bit too feral to be considered human imo. Martin's still the one I've decided to marry first, even if Ryker is very close to being my new favorite of the boys. Cecil is surprisingly very tolerable all things considering. Arthur+Vishnal=Reinhard, Murakumo is just a chill bro of a guy, and Lucas is so far down on my list of people I want to woo it's not even funny.
1. Martin
2. Ryker
3. Beatrice
4. Ludmila
5. Lucy
6. Cecil
7. Reinhard
8. Scarlett
9. Murakumo
10. Priscilla
11. Fuuka
12. Lucas
ryume
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I was pretty neutral on all of the candidates going in. Now that I've finished, while I like some more than others, I don't feel strongly about any of them the way I did with the RF4 ones. They're overall pleasant, but forgettable for me, which is pretty much how I felt about all of the people in town, romantic interest or not. I still enjoyed the heck out of the game though, including the romance aspects!

1. Ryker
2. Murakumo
3. Reinhard
4. Ludamila
5. Literally everyone else, I'm just really not too fussed over the rest lol
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I have now seen all of Martin and Reinhard's events, I think. Three each. Ryker still has one, but I just finished Gadeus Grassland and I think his final event is locked until you complete that (?) I'm in one of the girls' events right now...though I'd rather ignore the girls' events, tbh, I guess I'll still do them so they're out of the way.

Reinhard and Martin (Martin especially) are rather one-note characters, in my view. Reinhard a little less so. But Martin being so very simple in personality is a turn-off, for me. He's going down the ranks :( Without dating them all I can't give a final conclusion, but barring that, I believe I can give them a final ranking:

1) Ryker (fun, with a more layered personality)
2) Reinhard (very earnest, less layers, but there are a few. REALLY wonder what he'd look like with his hair loose.)
3) Martin (too much of the all-about-work stuff, with a tiny bit of big-brother-to-Cecil thrown in once in a while for spice)
4) Murakumo (very sweet and lovable, but more like a brother than a romantic prospect, to me)
5) Cecil (little brother type, or maybe even the kid you used to babysit and then haven't seen in 5 years or so)
6) Lucas (I just find him so weird and uncomfortable, like the light is on, but nobody's home)

Btw, speaking of romance events and related topics...anyone know if you turn off town events, can you still get dates? Or are dates one of the events that is disabled?
LeBurns
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:SNIP

Btw, speaking of romance events and related topics...anyone know if you turn off town events, can you still get dates? Or are dates one of the events that is disabled?
Turn off events? This is a thing?
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yes, it's a directive you can make with Eliza, post-game. I don't have it yet, but I heard others talking about it.
rachellion
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Pre-game release I think I was most interested in Ludmilla and Beatrice and for the guys I didn't have much of an opinion beyond ooo Ryker looks interesting. Now that I've met everyone?

I like Lucy WAY more than I thought I would. She's the first character I brought with me out into dungeons and her events have been very interesting. I enjoy her personality and her playfulness. Ludmilla I also enjoy far more than I originally thought, I'm pretty sure I'm going to marry her first. Also bringing her out and the siren monster into dungeons? Everything dies. Everything. :heart:

Fuuka was also kind of surprising - her events are interesting and I like the way they localized her character. She feels kinda of similar to Petra in Fire Emblem Three Houses. Also GREAT to take out into dungeons 20/10. Some of her events she does come off as ...too young? Childish? She's similar to Amber from RF4 in my mind - wasn't interested initially but getting to know her she has more depth and I appreciate that.

Agreed on Priscilla, she DEFINITELY feels like Mist, Shara and Mana. Sympathize with her on her anxiety though. Her and Scarlett I'm more meh one. Beatrice too! I thought she'd be more interesting since RF usually has interesting royal characters (i.e. Bianca, Sofia) but she's very eh in her events. Well meaning and doing her best, but eh.

For the guys, I like pretty much all of them more than I thought I would. Reinhard REALLY surprised me, I was not expecting to care much about him and he's easily my favorite (again, this is also probably because I had him on a bunch of dungeon runs and we fight very well together). I like his events as well as Martin's and Ryker's. They're are probably the ones I like the best. Murakumo is cool but not really my speed. Lucas I need to see more events - offhand I don't care much but I'm sure there's more to him. Cecil, as expected, looks and acts far too much like a little boy to me. I was hoping he'd surprise me like Kiel did but so far... nope.

...I am learning that as I play the game I definitely bias more towards characters I enjoy having on my team :lol: