Dating requirements? RF5

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
User avatar
greensara
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn
Posts: 458

Post  Posted:

Is it seriously one try per level? Man, here I was thinking it was one good try a day. If that's the case, might as well not bother until 10 hearts.
User avatar
ryume
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens
Posts: 264

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:I wish there was a way to know how much impact 'admired skills' have on your confessions or anything else involving the love interest. Maybe having a logging skill below 20 or 40 or whatever makes it more difficult to get Ryker to accept a confession? That'd be odd, and yet...maybe?
Maybe, but my logging skill is 76!

@greensara: That seems to be the consensus on a variety of different websites about one chance per heart level until they are at 10.
User avatar
LeBurns
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Posts: 1329

Post  Posted:

Seems I'm just constantly stuck at Ryker's event. I had been ignoring it for a month since I have no interest in the guys on this character but didn't realize it was locking up all other events. But it seems like it will take about a week to just finish his first one, day after day of events, assuming I catch them at the right time of day. I hope all the others aren't like this.

While I'm glad the patch added the same-« Chicken Hugging » events and marriage, there should have been a way to turn it off also. Now it seems I'm forced to go through events, whether I want to or not, just to get to the ones I want. While this is normal anyway, instead of going through six people's events, I have to go through twelve. And I have to, cause if I don't things get locked up for everyone else. Also due to the requests that require you to get everyone's friendships up I really have to be nice to everyone anyway. This is just making the whole playthrough seem bogged down.

Yeah okay that was more of a rant than helpful I admit. Unless someone knows how to let a character know up front that you just want to be best friends. Considering that they added the SS with the patch I'll admit this inconvenience is worth it, but in adding SS they could have added a pre-patch option for those not wanting to be stuck in romance events the whole game.

I suppose I can still choose who to actually date, so there's that.
User avatar
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
Posts: 4151

Post  Posted:

Ryker's event takes 3 days. The first day you trigger the event by finding him on the bench. The next day after 7PM, you can find him near the bench/beach area where the abandoned house is for another part of the event. Then, the next morning, you can find him at Palmo's (once it's open, of course) and that will conclude the event.

That is, if we're talking about the 'Chronic Slacker' event.

EDIT: That should say beach, not bench.
Last edited by Kikki on Apr 07, 2022 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Anna_Lynn
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Posts: 876

Post  Posted:

greensara wrote:Is it seriously one try per level? Man, here I was thinking it was one good try a day. If that's the case, might as well not bother until 10 hearts.
I think I read in a YouTube comment somewhere that you can save-scum confessing to a marriage candidate, but only before they hit a new heart level. If you were to say, raise their heart level up to 99% at 6 hearts, immediately save, befriend them to 7 hearts, then confess, it could work if you perservered enough. I think the game determines whether the confession will succeed or fail as soon as it ticks over to the new heart level.

Let me make up some statistics for an example. Let's say that to confess to someone at 7 hearts, you have a 15% chance at success, and an 85% chance at failure. Now what I think happens is as soon as that candidate HITS 7 hearts, the game is gonna pull some RNG statistics, kinda like spinning an invisible wheel to determine whether you'll get the lucky 15% confession, or the more likely, unlucky 85% denial. What I also think happens, is that this only occurs once, as in, the game is not going to keep "rolling" this statistic each day, but rather each time a new heart level is hit (until 10 hearts, then it's forced to "roll" each day.)

So I think that's why the meta is to save-scum before you reach a new heart level with a marriage candidate. If the game is going to randomly decide that at 8 hearts you have 25% chance of success but 75% chance of failure, but it determines an RNG answer for the entire heart level as soon as you hit 8 hearts, then it would explain why so many people have noted denial upon denial with both save-scumming, or just confessing each day. Or, this entire theory could be wrong, and we all have horrible luck with making anime cuties fall in love with our characters. :lol:
User avatar
LeBurns
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Posts: 1329

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:Ryker's event takes 3 days. The first day you trigger the event by finding him on the bench. The next day after 7PM, you can find him near the bench/beach area where the abandoned house is for another part of the event. Then, the next morning, you can find him at Palmo's (once it's open, of course) and that will conclude the event.

That is, if we're talking about the 'Chronic Slacker' event.
I must have had a random one in between then. I saw the one near the tree where the kids come talk to him also. Then another at the beach where he's lying about and Yuki tells him to get inside or he'll catch cold. Then the one at the beach house where we sit together. Haven't got the next one yet. Keep missing it due to having other things to do.
User avatar
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
Posts: 4151

Post  Posted:

That all sounds like parts of the Chronic Slacker event. Does your event page say 'Chronic Slacker'? If so, these are the steps. No event can happen in the middle of another event...only one sub event at once.
User avatar
LeBurns
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Posts: 1329

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:That all sounds like parts of the Chronic Slacker event. Does your event page say 'Chronic Slacker'? If so, these are the steps. No event can happen in the middle of another event...only one sub event at once.
Okay looks like I got one event left. Thanks. Just have to remember to stop what I'm doing once in a while and look for event markers going forward.
User avatar
ryume
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens
Posts: 264

Post  Posted:

Just an update - got Ryker to 9 hearts and confessed AFTER I won the tricky sweets contest and he was still standing around the festival grounds with the rest of the guys. Nice to know you can confess on a festival day.
User avatar
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
Posts: 4151

Post  Posted:

You won him over with your dessert-making prowess, huh? :)
User avatar
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
Posts: 7900

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:You won him over with your dessert-making prowess, huh? :)
They do say a way to a man’s heart is through his stomach sooooo
User avatar
ryume
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens
Posts: 264

Post  Posted:

While it's more fun to think I won his heart via his stomach, Hina was the judge and the only person to eat anything :lol:

Also, I had checked my progress with his affection (he was already at 9 hearts before I started the contest and I had given him ice cream already), and winning didn't increase his affection level any. So, I'm not sure if winning a contest has NO impact on affection, or if it's only significant when levels are low. But also, since this is the first contest I've actually bothered to compare statistics on before and after, I really am in no position to say with certainty what winning 1st place in a festival will or won't do in terms of increasing hearts/friendship.
User avatar
greensara
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn
Posts: 458

Post  Posted:

Good news! After Reinhard got to level 8 and I made sure no other events were going on, I tried again. I almost thought he was turning me down again, but the dialogue was a little different. Then he wanted to meet up the next day after he thought about it. Yes!! Another day and now Alice and Reinhard are an item! Also, my initial confession day was on the summer harvest festival and I lost.
User avatar
Celestrian
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Posts: 1248

Post  Posted:

Ryker said he likes Croquettes so that's what I made for him every day. I didn't know what else he liked. Lol He's at 9 hearts for me
User avatar
ryume
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens
Posts: 264

Post  Posted:

Celestrian wrote:Ryker said he likes Croquettes so that's what I made for him every day. I didn't know what else he liked. Lol He's at 9 hearts for me
Yup, those and ice cream are listed as favorites for him. I just made ice cream because for me it was cheaper than buying oil for the croquettes!
Post Reply