A Warning About the Gender Swaps

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
Celestrian
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I wanted to do all the different routes for romance and unlock all the cutscenes for the projector. Turns out Romantic wise you are still treated as the gender you chose at the start. The gender change is appearance and sprite only. I wanted to see all kid events too without having to beat the story again but I guess I will have to now if I want files where the game would see me as a boy and others where I am a girl. I'm so sad because i accidentally saved over my original file where I picked a girl at the start and in order for the game to actually register me as a girl I gotta play the whole thing again.

I don't know why we have this option if it's not even treated as a real transition.
PaleSunflower
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

I honestly wonder why they bothered to change the name of the mechanic in the first place. In RF4, it was called crossdressing, which is what this mechanic really is. Dressing it up as changing your gender just sets up expectations that the game can't actually meet. (Plus, I'm not sure how a real gender-changing feature would work with the pregnancy scenes, as those differ depending on whether the protagonist is male or female and last a very long time with multiple connected events.)

For all its worth, the game feature allow gay marriage, dating, etc., but I'm guessing from your post that you are aiming to get all variations of dating/marriage/etc., so that feature wouldn't help.
Celestrian
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Yeah I wanted to eventually do all variations so I was disappointed I couldn't. Come to think of it I don't know why I thought that would even work with the pregnancy events. Ah well. It's not like I was going to do it all right away.