Eggs (S) and Milks (S)

A Nintendo Switch/PC/Ps4/XBox remake of the 2003 Gameboy Advance games HM: Friends of Mineral Town and HM: More Friends of Mineral Town. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Oct 2019. NA release = Jul 2020. EU release = Jul 2020.
Mabbie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

So I've been reading the website guide and it says that some recipes only unlock after I cook with 50 eggs (S) and milk (S). What strategies did you use in order to keep cows and chickens with low hearts, just to have those kind of produce?

I've tried now talking to the chicken, but it keeps increasing the affection. It kinda sucks that I'll have to sell it and get a new one to be born... same with the cows?
Rose Petals
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

What I generally do is have about 4 of each normal cow and chicken bought from farms, that I don't intend to breed for higher levels. Keep them in the barn space for about a year, and just keep all their produce for about two seasons to about a year. I usually have some other animals with higher produce, it will even out the expense of buying chicken feed or fodder. Then when the animals reach their max 5 hearts, I sell them and buy new to keep collecting the produce. After a while, I just keep one chicken for lower eggs.

It takes time, but once you have about 200, you are pretty much set with recipes. Once you have them registered, it won't mind if you want to use (L) or higher produce in most recipes. I'm guessing you are trying to fill out the recipe collection for the Harvest Goddess?
Mabbie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yes. Goddess list and eating one of each for the trophy. Damn, I thought that maybe if I didn't talk to them the affection level wouldn't go up so fast..

edit: I have a doubt. When it says 50 times, it means 50 recipes or actually using 50 eggs?
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

I did the same, buying a couple more cows to get more small milks, selling them back after I had enough.

Since you can cook in bulk and I hoarded a lot first I am not sure. I think when I was working on it and I wasn't sure if how many more I needed to cook, I hoarded the total amount of ingredients and massively cooked them just to make sure. Like purposely cooking 50 of a simple recipe using (given ingredient) to unlock the recipe I was going for. I seemed to unlock a lot without trying that hard though, so it's not bad.
Rose Petals
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Mabbie wrote: Jun 21, 2022 5:43 am edit: I have a doubt. When it says 50 times, it means 50 recipes or actually using 50 eggs?
It is actually using 50 eggs. You can actually achieve this just by cooking mayonnaise.

I am pretty sure you can cook in bulk and it still counts. But I could be wrong here, because it has been a while since i played this game. I'm about 85% sure you can just collect 50 eggs, in bulk cook mayonnaise and it counts. I never cook anything singular when trying to earn the recipes.
Mabbie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Thanks a lot! I've been boiling eggs like crazy! :lol: :lol: