Time passing in the mines

A Nintendo Switch/PC/Ps4/XBox remake of the 2003 Gameboy Advance games HM: Friends of Mineral Town and HM: More Friends of Mineral Town. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Oct 2019. NA release = Jul 2020. EU release = Jul 2020.
Feather Qwill
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

Hello, I'm hoping someone can help. I'm trying to get all the
Spoiler:
cursed tools
in the lake mine and I've noticed something weird? Time normally stops in the mines, but sometimes it sneaks forward--maybe when moving from level to level, or possibly when reloading my save after finding the ladder down? However, it didn't happen on the first few levels down or the first few save & reload cycles. I'm not sure if it was 9:40 or 9:50, but I started out mining definitely before 10, losing stamina only, then I noticed around lv16 that each swing was costing me stamina + fatigue and it was 10pm.
Does anyone know of anything that makes time pass in the mines, or if this is a glitch?
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Time does in fact pass in the mines, just very slowly compared to the rest of the game. I think I noticed every so many floors it would progress a little bit more, but I don't remember a specific number of floors off the top of my head.
Mabbie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I went mining yesterday and I noticed that time passed after I fell a pitfall.