Tool Upgrades

Restore the powers of the seven magical Skytrees to revitalize the valley and entice the villagers to move back to the local town. [ Game Guide ] JP release = None. NA release = Nov 2016. EU release = Jun 2017.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I've looked around to see if I can find answers, and I went back about four pages on the forum as well, and it appears you get tool upgrades from the HGoddess at specific ranks in various skills. Such as a watering can upgrade at Rank 3. I'm well past Rank 3 and have gotten no dream prompt for an upgrade, and she won't talk to me about anything but her request for a cute crop, which has nothing to do with tool upgrades.

Looking around, some people seem to be saying there's a second barrier to upgrades...you have to have restored a certain number of skytrees already? Then after that, upgrades become possible. Before that your rank doesn't matter...no upgrades will be triggered. But I can't find a consistent answer about if this is the case, or how many skytrees it is you have to revive.

Anybody know for sure? It really stinks being stuck able to water ONE square at a time with time passing so fast and the watering going so slow...it takes me all day just to do the watering, and that messes up how useful Dewey is the next day, too, since the crops don't dry at the same time so he misses any that were still wet when he starts.

EDIT: Seems like nobody has an answer, here or elsewhere. I haven't gone up another rank in some of the relevant fields, nor have I moved on in the main story since I'm stuck waiting for the cow to grow up...and yet, three upgrades just unlocked. Shovel, hoe, watering can. The only thing I can think of that changed is that I hit 10 hours of playtime, which unlocked rank 3 In playtime. Could that be the other requirement...it's based on the play time rank?

EDIT 2: Knew I had qualified for more than those upgrades, but didn't unlock any more until either I hit Rank 3 with popularity, or after I unlocked the 5th skytree. (I figure probably the latter.) Then I was able to get second upgrade to my watering can.

EDIT 3: Got the second upgrade on my shovel and hoe after the 6th skytree. (Had qualified for them long before, rank-wise.)