Disney Dreamlight Valley official Thread

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Anyone knows what goes in a Hearty salad?
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Any Veggie + Any Veggie + Lettuce. Recipes can be found HERE.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I got the restaurant now so yay!
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Double post but I learned something.

When you upgrade your house, you can have more rooms than Animal crossing XD
GossipQureen
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Shan didn’t want to post again so she asked me to post this here.

https://disneydreamlightvalley.com/news/update-sept-15

There’s a huge patch out with bug fixes.
Spoiler:
September 15 Update Patch Notes
SEP 15, 2022 AT 1:00 PM
Happy patch day Valley Villagers!

We’re just shy of a week post-Early Access launch, and we’re happy to share with you the first patch for Disney Dreamlight Valley. We’ve been listening intently to your feedback shared through social media, Discord, and through Customer Care, and we have addressed many known issues in this patch. While the patch is now in the process of being released to all players (please make sure you’re connected to the internet to receive this), it may take up to 2 hours to receive it on your device. We recommend that you check back in every so often if you do not see it yet available.

For those playing on multiple devices with cross-save: Make sure that all platforms you play on have been updated before switching devices to prevent any further issues.

Please see the detailed list below of what to expect from today’s patch:

Balance:

Adjusted spawn rates and loot tables for sparkling buried items:

- Increased respawn timer range.

- Reduced minimum and maximum number of sparkling buried items to spawn at a given time per biome.

- Added Dream Shards to the reward loot table.

- Each sparkling buried item has a chance to spawn either 1-2 Night Shards or 1-2 Dream Shards.

Adjusted loot tables for feeding critters:

- Removed Flowers from loot tables.

- Added Dream Shards to the loot tables when feeding critters something they “like”. Previously, it was only possible to get Dream Shards from feeding critters something they “love.”

Adjusted loot tables for clearing Night Thorns:

- Reduced chance of Coal dropping.

- Increased chance of Dream Shards dropping.

Bugfixes:

General:

- Fixed Error #7, which caused some players to experience an issue with the game sticking on the loading screen if they quit the game while having the "Well Fed" active buff.

- Fixed account desynchronization issue that occurred when selecting Back to Title Screen on Epic Games Store.

- Fixed issue causing some users to be desynchronized from their profile due to connection latency.

- Improved online reconnection while playing.

- Improved Founder’s Pack rewards claiming accuracy, granting missing rewards. We will continue to monitor this issue and explore further bugfixes as needed. If you experienced this bug: Please fully close the game and reboot it while connected to the internet, then check your inbox for a new message containing your missing items.

User Interface and Experience:

- Increased text font size on Switch.

- Increased menu loading speed.

Stability:

- Reduced crash frequency on Switch. Additional optimization will come in future updates.

Quest:

- Fixed an issue with quest items not appearing in Scrooge McDuck’s Store. If you experienced this bug: The item will not spawn in Scrooge McDuck’s Store, but will spawn in a random, unlocked location outside in the village as a backup. If you struggle to find the item, feel free to contact Customer Care.

- Fixed an issue with WALL·E's "The Shy Little Robot" quest involving a fire extinguisher that was not working correctly. If you experienced this bug: You can find a fire extinguisher waiting for you inside Scrooge McDuck’s Store.

- Fixed an issue with a quest item from Donald Duck's "A House Fit for a Duck" quest that spawned in an unreachable part of his house.

- Fixed an issue with Scrooge McDuck's "Scrooge McDuck's Grand Re-opening" quest in which crafting flower pots did not work correctly. If you experienced this bug: You can find additional flower pots just outside Scrooge McDuck’s Store. Remove them using the Furniture Editing mode to craft with them.

- Fixed an issue in which quest items were stuck in the bottom of the Mystical Cave on the beach.

- Fixed an issue in which completing Goofy’s "Fishing Expedition" quest did not work correctly if the player’s inventory was full.

- Fixed an issue in which a Memory Shard appeared in an unreachable part of Merlin’s Dreamlight Library.

- Fixed an issue with Elsa's "What Home Feels Like" quest, in which it was possible to catch a Glittering Herring too early in the quest. If you experienced this bug: You can now catch another Glittering Herring. The other one will be removed at the end of the quest.

Customization (House, Valley, Avatar):

- Fixed an issue in which chests placed in the player’s house may disappear when adding new rooms. If you experienced this bug: Add a new crafted chest to your house. Your items that disappeared will reappear here.

- Fixed an issue in which players who imported clothing from the Avatar Designer Tool were unable to change clothing or clothing appeared invisible.

- Fixed an issue in which some rewards from the Star Path would be available to acquire in areas of the game they were not intended to.

- Fixed an issue with Ariel’s Seafoam Gown (Friendship Reward), in which it was displayed as invisible.

- Fixed an issue in which the player could not cook on the Oven and Hood gifted by Remy (Friendship Reward).

Misc:

- Adjusted Miguel motif.

A huge thank you to everyone for their patience while they awaited these fixes, and to those who are still waiting on others. Our team is aware that this patch does not address every issue, but please know that we are listening and actively working on resolving additional issues so that everyone has the best play experience possible.

As always, sign up for newsletter updates here and be sure to follow us on our social media channels to stay up to date with each new update:
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Lol, somehow that's cute, GossipQureen. :) I'm picturing you standing there talking with Shan peeking over your shoulder at everybody.

Anybody got a character they particularly want to see added? I only have one that I can think of at the moment...Robin Hood. (The fox.) Though Scar is being added in the October content update, as far as I know, and I do kind of want to interact with Scar.

I have all but two of the currently available characters, I believe...and I still have two regions left to unlock cuz they're the priciest ones. A couple of my townies are at level 10, and Mickey is unfortunately a better harvesting buddy than Wall-E (I like Wall-E better, but I always get more free crops from Mickey, even when they're at the same level.)

I haven't played in a few days because I got sick of the hourly crashes, but now that they say they've improved that, I'll probably go back in. The Harvestella demo stressed me out enough that I'm not sure I want to go back into it, even though I didn't finish the available story...I'd probably rather go into Dreamlight.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Juuust in case if this applies to anybody reading the thread...

If you happen to have Gamepass and has been curious to try Dreamlight Valley, it's on Gamepass now. No idea if Gamepass gets you the goodies that buying into early access does, but it's a way to try things out at least!
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

There’s a lot of portals in that castle. Anything’s possible.

But what I’m hoping for is Peter Pan. The cartoon version not the once upon a time version.
Spoiler:
That Pan is pure evil lol
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

So, after the update to fix all that stuff...my game works worse than ever. In fact, the things they say they fixed are the things that are now totally screwy (which for me weren't much of an issue before.) Crashes don't appear to be less frequent on Switch, and now quest items aren't appearing. SUPER infuriating. Like when you place the statue....no memory appears to be picked up. This means I can never get Eric. And when you complete the boat...nothing 'strange' appears for you to pick up. I have no idea what that means other than that I can't progress Moana's quest line...at least it's not blocking the arrival of a character.

And I did NOT get my Deluxe Pack items. Still only the Founder's Pack items ever arrived in my mailbox...nothing else.

One 'golden event' (just what I call it) finally lasted the right amount of time and I was happy to think they'd fixed the problem and made it possible to actually complete them...but then the reverted to being shortened again.

The game is slightly worse after the patch than it was before it. :?

EDIT: The other problems are unsolved, but after a bit I figured out why I didn't have my Deluxe items. My problem was slightly different from others'. Other people were saying they got the items in the mail...but the items didn't transfer to their inventory, not to clothing, furniture, or the moonstone account. They weren't in their inventory anywhere. But I didn't even get the letter in the mail that is supposed to contain them. Eventually, because of something I remembered seeing someone say in passing, I wondered if ONLY the account that purchased the game could get those items.

I have a buying account (I call her 'Wallet'.) I do NOT use that account to play, it is a purchasing account only. (Yes, for Reasons, which I can explain, but it'd take a minute, so I don't wanna right now.) I think this is probably normal. For example, my best friend also bought a Switch for her family, and they share it, as many families would. She buys games for it with her account, as her children don't have credit cards and can't be buying their own digital games. Whatever you buy on your default Switch is playable by every account on that same Switch, INCLUDING DLC.

It's the same with DDV...halfway. Everyone on that switch can play and gets the basic founder's pack items. But with DDV, the same does not hold true if you buy a Deluxe or Ultimate Pack. ONLY the buying account will receive the Deluxe/Ultimate items. That's ridiculous. How do you handle getting them for your kids, then? Do you have to put a credit card or other payment option on THEIR account and buy each of them the Deluxe or Ultimate pack (which are outrageously priced) for all the kids to have the same stuff? That's just...no.

I really regret buying that stupid Deluxe Pack. But at least I figured it out, I guess. I just never imagined the reason I didn't have any items would be so stupid. As far as I know, no other game I've ever gotten has ever worked that way. Everything you buy in every other situation I know of is accessible to ALL accounts across the Switch that the buying account is native to.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Sorry to hear you’re having issues, I personally don’t have that problem. Everything seems to work on my end though that could change cuz I’m not as far as you.

I paid for the cheapest pack and I seemed to have everything from day 1
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yep, nobody had any problems with the basic founder's pack, as far as I know...probably because EVERYONE had to get that, but only SOME people got the Deluxe or the Ultimate...only the Deluxe and Ultimate items have issues (and not for everyone.) Plus the founder's pack *is* unlocked for every profile on your Switch, unlike the other two. Baffling. Glad you're not having trouble, Shan.

I'm level 26. I guess I'm fairly far into the available content since I only have 2 characters left to bring in (and Eric is glitched, or I'd already have him. Elsa I will have as soon as I save up about 4000 more Dreamlight to unlock the frozen region.) But it's gonna take me a while to get the last region, as that's another 15,000 Dreamlight. I still haven't learned how to break the big sponge-coral-things yet, nor the bone things, nor the ice. I don't know who teaches the bone things, but I figure Moana will eventually tell me how to break the coral stuff (or Maui?) and probably Elsa will tell me how to break the ice, which I need, since I think ice of some type must also be a cooking ingredient. If' it's not, then I don't know how the heck to make sorbet.

I'm not very far with some characters' questlines. Though I'm totally done Merlin and Mickey's. Now I don't have to give them presents any more, ha ha.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

The stumps? Anna is the one who upgrades are shovels. Elsa is the last axe upgrade. Moana doesn’t give you anything other than her pig.

I’ve been watching streams lol
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

No, I can already get rid of both sizes of mushrooms and stumps...I mean the blue lumps on Dazzle Beach (Moana shows you how to get rid of the smaller ones when you first find her in her own realm, but I've yet to learn how to get rid of the bigger ones.) Also the bone pieces in the Sunlit Plateau, and the spiky ice rocks that are along the edge of the Forest of Valor as you approach the frozen region.

I suspect that the bone pieces MAY not be breakable until Scar or someone from Lion King comes into the game, but I don't actually know. Dunno who teaches the large coral obstructions, but...something my sister said suggests it might be Ursula. I think Elsa teaches how to break the ice rocks, though...I suppose it could be Anna or whatshisface. Kennel? Kernel? What's his name? Anna's boyfriend. Israel? Yeah, okay...I really can't think of it. Blond dude. I think he was supposed to be an ice carver in the movie or something like that, so it could be him...I haven't really progressed his quests much. I really want to get rid of all obstacles that keep me from walking around freely, without needing to transport to get to certain areas of the map.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Kristoff lol

I’m on his first quest now. The one where you look for Donald Duck.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Kristoff...I was close, then. Kernel, Kennel...same deal. ;)

I'm done the Donald part but I dunno if I've done any of his other quests. I've kind of been ignoring him, though not as much as I've ignored Remy.