Disney Dreamlight Valley official Thread

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Credit goes to Kikki for this idea!

Disney Dreamlight Valley:
Currently out now in early access on most platforms. Scheduled to be FREE to play sometime in 2023.

Welcome to Disney Dreamlight Valley. Talk about the game here.
Last edited by Shan O 123 on Sep 09, 2022 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

You probably need a Dreamlight Valley thread anyway, though, Shan...you might as well keep it :) It's an event-type game that may run for years. There's always going to be things coming up.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

^
Good idea. I didn’t think of it because I didn’t think too many people here would be playing.

But my OP post has been edited.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

There probably aren't many yet, as people are still thinking about the Founder's Pack prices, the various bugs (not that many but still enough to notice, and a lot of people aren't getting any of their Founder's Pack items other than the basic ones, if they bought Deluxe or Ultimate) and that this will become F2P sometime in 2023. Plus this is a BUSY release time for games anticipated by the farm-sim community, so DDV may be low on many lists. But more and more people will end up trying it, sooner or later. And new events come at least once per month (no idea if they plan to have more than that) and I'm sure once in a while players will want to consult with others if they get stuck on something or etc.

I don't think it'll be a busy thread yet, but I do think DDV is going to come up repeatedly for a fair while, so it might as well have its own thread :) And it's sweet, but I don't need credit for the idea! You made the thread, and my name is plastered across Fogu so much already, lol.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Anyway, as I said, I’ve solved my issue.
Spoiler:
I moved my house next to a body of water. It turns out Mickey instantly pops out from wherever he came from and watches you go fishing lol

He has to be in a certain angle for you to enter your house to get event to trigger. After many attempts at 3am and a tweet later, I got it XD
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I got bored with DDV pretty quickly since I'm not invested in the characters. However, I didn't know you could at any time reorganize everything. I'd heard you could, but when walking over to anything there was never an option to pick it up and move it. But you can...you just have to be in furniture mode inside the inventory. Was watching Josh (Play with Josh) remove every last rock and tree and now I may go back and do some stuff, cuz I really hate rocks in this game, they're so in the way. I need to remove them all to one area.

Even more, he says that trees and topiaries and all that are 'free' and you can keep placing as many as you want, which is really cool, so...gotta go back into the game and check that out. I haven't gotten used to my town's layout because it's so haphazard...I definitely want to give it a more logical and efficient layout.

Plus now I can finish Wall-E's quest right away, since I can go pick up burlap bags and trellises that are lying around, rather than having to make them all myself.

Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Oh yeah you can move basically everything. I need to do that myself.

Also! A tip, DO NOT TIME TRAVEL! Things will glitch pretty badly depending how you play. I have a single carrot stuck in one area and can’t move it. Plus a broken Apple tree along with a few berry bushes that doesn’t bare fruit anymore.

There’s a fix if you went forward by waiting it out until the day you’ve traveled to, but I went backwards. I don’t think there’s a fix for that :/

It’s not worth restarting though.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm not much of a time-traveler even with ACNH. The game is still pretty glitchy on Switch so I wouldn't advise anyone to try ANY tricky stuff. When reorganizing your town, make sure to CLOSE OUT of the inventory entirely every few minutes, because the more you do, the longer it takes to process it when you close the menu, and the greater the chance it'll freeze and be stuck forever trying to close out of there. So just tidy up bits at a time rather than attempting to clear every area all in one go, and exit that menu once you've done enough that you'd begrudge it if you ended up getting frozen there.

I lost a chest. ALL my flowers were in there. At least that's easy enough to replace, but it was annoying. It was right in between the stairs and Remy's house...for some reason when I went back into the game, the chest there was just GONE. Never found it again, anywhere. I'd suggest making sure you don't put any storage chest in a tight spot in case it gets glitched out of existence.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Okay my game did fixed itself. Seems I didn’t go backwards like I thought lol
No more time traveling in that game XD
*LaI*
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

A tip about free energy, tho you could almost call it an exploit. I'll spoiler it just in case.
Spoiler:
In Remy's realm the free ingredients and cooked dishes disappear when you leave, but only if they are in your backpack. If you leave them on the ground they'll still be there next time, and the energy obtained from eating also remains.

So you could go and cook a ton of souffles and drop them. Then when out of energy you teleport in, eat one or two and drop the rest of the stack. When you leave you'll be back in the same spot you were before.

Of course, you can just cook souffle normally and carry it with you, but it costs 800 coins a piece, and that's still a bit too much for me when I need a lot.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Could you just go back to your house for energy? That’s what I do. Besides. Eating fruit helps me enough
*LaI*
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Yes, but eating something cooked also fills the yellow energy bar that allows for a bit faster movement and last twice as much. Going to your house only fills the blue one.

It's really a temporary trick until I get a money source going, cos I just found out that if you have a character with you they leave when going into a realm, so not that useful I guess.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Anybody know where we go to report bugs? I know people do it informally on Twitter, but there's got to be a better way to send reports than via Tweet.

I have 2 that seem to be constant. One is that the 'memories' section never updates. I always have 20. No matter how many more I find, it remains at 20/121. My OTHER glitch is that I triggered a scene with Merlin where he upgraded my watering can to let me destroy mushrooms. The scene completed, but I can't destroy mushrooms. My watering can does nothing to them at all. It'd be inconvienient, but mushrooms bar a few bridges, so I'm locked out of access to a few chunks of different regions. :/

Oh, a little tip. Though this probably won't matter to anyone but me, since I have that watering can bug. Even if you can't get across bridges and thus have half the Glade of Trust blocked off, you can use the edit/furniture mode to move things out of there. I wanted the extra fruiting trees out of there and it worked just fine even though I can't physically walk my character over to them. (Doesn't work on regions you haven't unlocked with Dreamlight, though.)

EDIT: Oh, I dunno if this is a glitch. Probably not. But the 'gathering' category doesn't seem to work right. I get a bonus when picking herbs off the ground, or berries or fruit off bushes and trees, but not for anything else. Not for picking up twigs or flowers. Those things don't count for gardening, either, so...it seems like a mistake. You don't even get the single heart of FP you get for doing ANYTHING when walking with a companion with the 'gathering' boost.

EDIT 2: One more thing I'm not sure about. Sometimes a special 'golden event' will happen. Like...instead of getting a bushel of 3 berries, they FLY EVERYWHERE in a burst of golden sparkles, and land on the ground, and you have to run around like a maniac to scoop them all up in a VERY SHORT time period, or they disappear. If you DO get them all, a chest appears. Special music plays whenever this happens...but the items all disappear after only about five seconds, while the special music plays for more like ten seconds. GIven how nearly impossible it is to scoop up the items in the amount of time given, and the special music extending beyond...I suspect the golden sparkle events are bugged. I think they're meant to last the full amount of time that event music is running, but instead it expires half way through.
*LaI*
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

There is a contact page, https://gameloft.helpshift.com/hc/en/66 ... ontact-us/ or the bug report channel on the official Discord.

Of the ones you've mentioned I've definitely noticed that the music for the golden event runs quite a bit longer, so it indeed feel like a bug, but I'm not sure the watering one is, unless you've already done 2 quests. The first time you can only vanish one mushroom, then it goes away until later (I think you need Merlin at level 10, but I'm not that far yet).

Also, that trick you mentioned of moving things out, you can also move things in, like the well for example and teleport past the blocked areas :P .
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I looked up the Merlin + watering can thing, and it turns out it's level 8...which he's already at. But you also have to have Donald Duck, and I don't...so I guess I've got to hurry up and get him (I have access to where he is, I just need ONE MORE PLAIN EMERALD why do I keep getting SHINY ones??)

Thanks, I'll try that trick for sure. (I haven't actually bothered to unlock the glade of trust well yet since I don't mind walking and money is so precious...guess I should!)