Story of Seasons: AWL remake announced!

What happened to Murrey!? A remake of Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life (2004) and Harvest Moon: Another Wonderful Life (2005) for Nintendo Switch. JP release = Jan 2023. NA release = June 2023. EU release = June 2023.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I think there are plenty of us who haven't, actually. I haven't, either.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I haven’t either.
TahoeMario
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Here are the new screenshots for today, showing off Carter:
Spoiler:
In the second image, he's saying if you want to help him excavate, talk to him when he's at the digsite; in the third one, he's telling Griffin how he needs one more assistant and asking if he knows anyone who would be a good fit.
infel
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I'm really glad that Daryl is keeping much to his old design. He looks good and I love his weird look. I also like Carter too. I think they made him a bit chubbier and it fits him. Now here's hoping that we'll still get a look at two more love interests. Well, even if we don't, it's good to see our weird Daryl lol.
infel
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Mabbie wrote: Dec 07, 2022 11:30 am I'm probably the only soul in this forum who never played the original version... so everything is new, and confusing, and beautiful and sparkling hahahah
I've played it. I wouldn't be surprised though if many haven't. Something tells me it'll be a nearly even ratio. I'm just glad that it seems they are keeping some of the core mechanics of the originals and that new players can get a taste of what the original games were like. Still, I don't think we've gotten full info on the gameplay and the whole marrying under a year (unless I'm wrong.)
FarmingForDaysMan
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Woah, Carter! He pretty much looks the same. Did they take away his curly hair? Anyway, let me just say…
I never realized that the man has a magatama?? And it’s green! Is he secretly a part of the Fey clan or something? :lol:
shayachan
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Somehow Carter looks the same to me, but also like he has a babyface now lol. I am glad they are showing the rest of the villager bio's now, instead of... pictures of the landscape.
Crystal Power
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

Huh, I don't know why but Carter looks... so handsome to me now in this new version!? LOL!

So Daryl is a Villager again.. Well I really hope they add two new candidates like FOMT Remake did.
TahoeMario
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

FarmingForDaysMan wrote: Dec 08, 2022 5:41 am Woah, Carter! He pretty much looks the same. Did they take away his curly hair? Anyway, let me just say…
I never realized that the man has a magatama?? And it’s green! Is he secretly a part of the Fey clan or something? :lol:
He does try to channel the spirit of the sun so that checks out lol. But no, I believe that's actually new. I think he used to only have the two smaller similar green stones on the sides of it. They also gave his glasses actual temples and seemingly turned the chains that used to hang off of his glasses into that first necklace that holds those stones. He and Daryl are, imo, awesome examples of subtly updating the characters.

Anyway. The "new" screenshot for today:
Spoiler:
...is just another reposting of one of the Photos from the Gallery page.

I have to say though, for those of us who maybe feel let down by the screenshots of these Photos (myself included), we have to remember that the Camera tool is new. Yes, there might've been a first-person view in the originals, but you couldn't take photos and save them.

I've heard people elsewhere complaining that the item itself is useless to have, since most systems will let you save screenshots directly onto the device, and why have only 25 slots for saved photos-- in previous images, it looked like you could pin up your photos in-game above your bed... doesn't really make it anymore useless, I suppose, but it is a cute little new feature to be able to see the memories you want to keep saved inside your farmhouse. Taking screengrabs on your system would also leave the HUD on the screen, which wouldn't be as clean looking.

I don't know, I appreciate it. It's not the most thrilling stuff but yeah. And they're still currently only uploading the Spring photos so far too; don't know if they plan on having photos from an entire year or not, but if so, we probably ought to get used to it, I guess. Unfortunately lol.

Also, last week, the EN account chose to put an end to their updates falling on Mondays by giving us new stuff on a Friday instead. So, if they decide to upload something then maybe we'll get another marriage candidate's English bio sometime later today as well, of which I think there's just Molly (Muffy) and whatever becomes of Gustafa and Rock left for them to reveal over there.
FarmingForDaysMan
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Oh yeah, I forgot about Carter having granny glasses. His glasses got a glow up, too xD
Mabbie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

It's sad that guys like Griffin and Carter are not bachelors anymore. Carter's changes made him slightly interesting -to me- :shifty:
fancypurincup
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Mabbie wrote: Dec 10, 2022 11:16 am It's sad that guys like Griffin and Carter are not bachelors anymore. Carter's changes made him slightly interesting -to me- :shifty:
They were never bachelors to begin with in the original AnWL lol Same thing with Flora or actually Lumina- In the original AWL for gamecube, they were not bachelorettes. Lumina was only added in the special edition for ps2, whereas Flora/Carter/Griffin were added for DS and DS Cute.

THAT SAID, I do wish these 3 characters had bucked the trend anyway and been included in the dating lineup as well. I can see why Marvelous decided to only keep it 4/4 but man, I had really hoped and wished :(
Mabbie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Oh I didn't know they were not bachelors in the original version, I didn't play it. But as they were in DSC, I thought they were. Oh well.
Miko
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

fancypurincup wrote: Dec 11, 2022 11:35 am
Mabbie wrote: Dec 10, 2022 11:16 am It's sad that guys like Griffin and Carter are not bachelors anymore. Carter's changes made him slightly interesting -to me- :shifty:
They were never bachelors to begin with in the original AnWL lol Same thing with Flora or actually Lumina- In the original AWL for gamecube, they were not bachelorettes. Lumina was only added in the special edition for ps2, whereas Flora/Carter/Griffin were added for DS and DS Cute.

THAT SAID, I do wish these 3 characters had bucked the trend anyway and been included in the dating lineup as well. I can see why Marvelous decided to only keep it 4/4 but man, I had really hoped and wished :(
I really hope they added back once the games come out :heart:
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

this may be hot take but i really hope they don't waste dlc on dating for existing villagers