Story of Seasons: AWL remake announced!

What happened to Murrey!? A remake of Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life (2004) and Harvest Moon: Another Wonderful Life (2005) for Nintendo Switch. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jan 2023. NA release = June 2023. EU release = June 2023.
TahoeMario
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Here are the new screenshots for today, showing off Takakura:
Spoiler:

There's not much of anything new here. The third image shows the player talking to him when he's walking around outside on the farm, and he says something like: "Observation is the trick to raising animals and crops well." The second image is from the trailer where he's bringing you to the farm for the first time, here he's basically asking if you're sure you want to try to run the ranch with him.

I know he's had perhaps the least amount of changes compared to everyone else but something just feels off about him to me, I just can't put my finger on it. Maybe the hair being slicked down onto his forehead or the eyebrows are too clean or something minor like that but... or the lack of his little pirate-esque tattoo on his arm, idk.
Anna_Lynn
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

TahoeMario wrote: Oct 03, 2022 3:02 am I know he's had perhaps the least amount of changes compared to everyone else but something just feels off about him to me, I just can't put my finger on it. Maybe the hair being slicked down onto his forehead or the eyebrows are too clean or something minor like that but... or the lack of his little pirate-esque tattoo on his arm, idk.
For most characters it might just be lighting and angles, but for Tak, his head looks too big for his body. He had a little bit of a muscular build in the original and idk what he did before the MC's father "saved" him or whatever...maybe he was a sailor or something because of that tattoo he used to have. Now he just looks scrawny in the remake, especially in the arms. Honestly everyone looks scrawny now, but I suppose that's just the power of 3D character models over the years. They've all lost their 2004 chunkyness, lol.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

With 70 new events being added to the game… it kinda makes me wonder if each Chapter will be one year, but each year will be 120 days like most HM/SOS games. I noticed the clock counts slightly faster in this than HMAWL as well.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Guest wrote: Oct 03, 2022 8:17 pm With 70 new events being added to the game… it kinda makes me wonder if each Chapter will be one year, but each year will be 120 days like most HM/SOS games. I noticed the clock counts slightly faster in this than HMAWL as well.
It's already been confirmed that each season is only 10 days via a screenshot of the in-game calendar.
TahoeMario
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

We're slowly inching toward them revealing new stuff not yet fully shown off on the website. Until then, here are the "new" screenshots for today. This is once again rehashing some of what's already on the life page of the website-- this time it's the second section, animal care. This is showing off-- grazing, feeding, petting and dairy products:
Spoiler:

They've left out a few screenshots here too. These are showing off how you can pull your back out and get hurt trying to prove your masculinity by pushing bulls instead of using the bell, the chicken feeding, eggs; and turning milk into butter.

Spoiler:
The most interesting of the bunch are the ones showing the Butter Maker if only because I'm not exactly sure where these screenshots are taken at. It looks like what used to be the Tool Shed in the originals, or maybe the shipment building, even though it seems that neither of those exist anymore. I mean, I suppose it's just a dedicated maker shed that you can have built later.
Anna_Lynn

Post  Posted:

I'm just now noticing that the barn may be bigger, or upgradeable at least. Thank « Harvest Goddess ». 8 feeding troughs was never enough for all of them in a game where animal pregnancy is the focus point. I hope that means more than one pregnancy at a time.

I can't wait to learn what causes the grass in the pasture to grow. It's always in clumps so...maybe it's like SOS-MFOMT, but instead of using patches of grass that spread over time, you use fertilizer, and it grows in splotchy clumps over time.

Also, I hope they let ducks provide their own eggs this time around. They felt like such an afterthought of an animal in the original game. Heck I'm not even sure they did anything in the original game besides eat birdseed and waddle around, lmao.
TahoeMario
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

We do know that the coop is upgradeable at the very least...

Spoiler:

Granted, I can't remember if you could upgrade the coop in the originals or not. I haven't dug out my old Wii to play them again on yet, like it seems most people have... and I am not playing SE again, whether it runs better on PS4 than it did on PS2 or not. But you can also see eggs that look sort of purple in the incubators in the back of that image. And then there is an almost blue looking egg behind a duck on the little season changing... gif or whatever on the memory page of the site. So, it looks like they're either differentiating the fertile eggs from the normal ones or the chicken eggs from the duck eggs. Something's going on there.

I'll go ahead and rip the rest of the images for anybody who wants to see them without the text over top of them. For the record, these are the thumbnails of both current and future links to all of the updates that will be on the life page of the website.

Here are two more crops screenshots:
Spoiler:

Two more animal screenshots:
Spoiler:

Hair customization, cooking again and Fish:
Spoiler:

Fertilizer machine, Dairy Storage and Dog tricks:
Spoiler:

Harvest Festival again, the Request Board and taking photos:
Spoiler:

Setting up shop:
Spoiler:

Tartan:
Spoiler:

Kassey's mini-game:
Spoiler:

and upgraded tools:
Spoiler:
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

thank you for posting the screenshots! it's interesting that in the "setting up shop" one, it seems like Lumina is in what was previously her Chapter 2-and-on haircut and outfit, but Rock's hair is still in his Chapter 1 state, not graying like in 2. not sure if that means he doesn't age as fast in the remake (plausible) or if Lumina changes her style mid-Chapter 1, maybe in a new event (also plausible). correct me if i'm missing something though, it's been a while since i played the original games.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

You know every time I see Pony in a screenshot… I feel like if there’s one change I really appreciate—it’s that I can finally stand next to Muffy without constantly noticing just how huge the female player’s feet are in comparison, because it looks like they’ve finally shrunken her giant boots after all this time lol.
Anna_Lynn

Post  Posted:

Guest wrote: Oct 04, 2022 6:38 pm it's interesting that in the "setting up shop" one, it seems like Lumina is in what was previously her Chapter 2-and-on haircut and outfit, but Rock's hair is still in his Chapter 1 state, not graying like in 2. not sure if that means he doesn't age as fast in the remake (plausible) or if Lumina changes her style mid-Chapter 1, maybe in a new event (also plausible). correct me if i'm missing something though, it's been a while since i played the original games.
Did Rock's hair really go gray as early as chapter 2 in the original game? Surely that must be a glitch...unless I'm remembering wrong. Although to be fair, I've only ever played the GC girl version and PS2 boy version, so I always remember him getting gray hair and wrinkles in chapter 4 like the rest of the townsfolk.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Anna_Lynn wrote: Oct 04, 2022 8:37 pm
Guest wrote: Oct 04, 2022 6:38 pm it's interesting that in the "setting up shop" one, it seems like Lumina is in what was previously her Chapter 2-and-on haircut and outfit, but Rock's hair is still in his Chapter 1 state, not graying like in 2. not sure if that means he doesn't age as fast in the remake (plausible) or if Lumina changes her style mid-Chapter 1, maybe in a new event (also plausible). correct me if i'm missing something though, it's been a while since i played the original games.
Did Rock's hair really go gray as early as chapter 2 in the original game? Surely that must be a glitch...unless I'm remembering wrong. Although to be fair, I've only ever played the GC girl version and PS2 boy version, so I always remember him getting gray hair and wrinkles in chapter 4 like the rest of the townsfolk.
yeah when typing i thought i might be misremembering chapters, but then when i looked it did seem confirmed on the fandom wiki page for Rock (at the bottom under aging: https://harvestmoon.fandom.com/wiki/Roc ... arch#Aging), but i think the wiki must be wrong too. to check just now i went searching for a video of Rock in Chapter 2 and there's at least one without gray hair. maybe it's a common glitch? and that's why it's what i was thinking and on the wiki too? i'm not sure. either way, guess this doesn't mean anything then. but thanks for letting me know it didn't sound right, i really should replay the old games sometime to refresh my memory
TahoeMario
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

They've also already said that Lumina's post-haircut outfit works the same way here. Her bio picture from the other day had both pieces of art side-by-side and it said "From Chapter 2 onwards". But wasn't it Chapter 3 when Rock's hair started going? I always thought that whole Rock getting old fast thing was just a joke in the original AWL since he was supposed to be carefree and a flirt and so they made him gray-headed earlier than everyone else to spite him.

I do recall him not aging that badly when you're married to him in AnWL too though, because I remember thinking it was cute that you could basically save him from being stressed into an early grave by his parents' constant scolding of him telling him to grow up. . . Maybe it was just a glitch :lol:

Tbh, I can't actually remember one way or the other since, unless you were actively trying to marry him in AnWL, he was pretty useless both in canon and just in-game because befriending him didn't... actually do anything at all, did it? He couldn't influence your child's traits or gift you any kind of special tool for it, so I hardly bothered. If he can't be bothered, then why should I. But yeah.

Here are the new screenshots for today, showing off Vesta:
Spoiler:

The second image is the player talking to her outside on her farm and she says something like: "When you get your crops, you should ship them to the town as well. But please don't take my customers. Ha ha ha.......". The third image seems to be her telling the player about the Harvest Festival, it looks like, because she's saying: ""Since the ingredients for the large pot are only vegetables from our farm, it would be helpful if you could bring your own ingredients from the ranch."
Last edited by TahoeMario on Oct 05, 2022 5:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I don't remember Rock's hair greying in chapter 2. I just remember in chapter 4 he and Marlin look old. Does anyone have links to video of him in chap 2 with grey hair?

On that topic, I wish someone could go in the game files and rip all the models. Even the aged ones and maybe get info on when they change. I rarely reach chapter 4 in my play throughs so I'd be interested in seeing that.
TahoeMario
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Here are the new screenshots for today, showing off the new wedding scene:

Spoiler:

The one with Cecilia says: "I, Cecilia, will be your partner, and from now on, we will share both joys and sorrows together, and overcome them..."

The one with Rock has the options to choose from being: "I like boys", "I like girls" or "I'm happy with either" in response to him saying: "Hey, Maya. If my family were to grow..." so it looks like you'll be able to choose your child's gender in the wedding scene.

And the one with Cody says: "From now on, let's walk together the two of us. ....... Let's build a happy family."
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Thats interesting about the weddings! Too bad they don't wear wedding outfits though :( oh well...