Story of Seasons: AWL remake announced!

What happened to Murrey!? A remake of Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life (2004) and Harvest Moon: Another Wonderful Life (2005) for Nintendo Switch. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jan 2023. NA release = June 2023. EU release = June 2023.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

We have a western release: June 27 2023! And the Steam page is up. Happy release day for Japan's release and happy release date day to the rest of us!
FarmingForDaysMan
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Ronin19 wrote: Jan 25, 2023 12:29 pm We have a western release: June 27 2023! And the Steam page is up. Happy release day for Japan's release and happy release date day to the rest of us!
REALLY :D Oh my gosh, I’m so excited! My birthday is on the 23rd, so the game will be my birthday present to myself this year 😂
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Josh has a first Look video of the Japanese version

Lol Madi my birthday is literally the day before yours
AloneInTheDark
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Gosh, I'm so excited for this remake, AWL has always had a really special place in my heart. Can't wait for people to share their thoughts once they get the chance to play, also, fingers crossed it's as good as it looks!
fishifishie
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

The videos of the Japanese version going around have me so incredibly hyped the game looks so wonderful!
FarmingForDaysMan
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Shan O 123 wrote: Jan 25, 2023 3:15 pmLol Madi my birthday is literally the day before yours
Happy early birthday to us!!!!! :D
SOSAWL
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Nik = Jack
Flak = Hart
Nak = Ace

Strange name changes but it works ig
Anna_Lynn
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

Here's a few things I've noticed so far while playing the game:
Spoiler:
- Each marriage candidate now has an "introduction" cutscene for 0 hearts. I was triggering them left and right the first day or so in the game. Think of it like a bonus heart event.

- Hunger goes down much slower, but the downside is that you have to cook nourishing food to fill it up. Obviously in your first year, turnip salads and mugworts aren't gonna fill squat, so I found myself eating lots of cake and sandwiches at the Bluebird Cafe.

- You seem to always wake up at 6AM, regardless of your stamina. After triggering the Summer fireworks festival, it was 11PM, so I went back to the farm and watered my fields, went to bed at 1AM, and still woke up at 6AM but with my stamina bar not fully filled. I know the alarm clock exists, so personally I'm curious to see how that functions.

- You acquire music records the same way as the PS2 version. So far I've found 2; winning territory capture against Kasseran 10 times, and...let's just say the legacy of the Mr. Pots easter egg remains in the remake. I'm sure the rest are found by befriending the townsfolk.

- Characters still make cute little noises and grunts when talking with them. I believe it's English VA's? I can't tell. All I know is that Romana sounds like Ventuswill from RF4, and Gustafa sounds like Reinhard from RF5, lol. I have no idea who voices Flora in the remake, but she sounds even more adorable now too.

- The exit to the valley can be used once a day to advance time by six hours. Kind of like the "really interesting books" in the Mineral Town remake that advanced time. All in all, I'm a bit disappointed that there's no save data connectivity to the Mineral Town remake on Switch; they could have done something cosmetic like Pete/Claire outfits, so you don't miss out on gameplay by not owning the FOMT game. Oh well.

- You receive the horse after you send Takakura to the city in Summer. I was a bit confused why I didn't have a horse Summer day 1, but then I noticed I was hoarding milk and eggs. Just order something or ship something so he can exit the valley; he'll return around noon the following day, and the horse cutscene will play. Taka will say something like "so what color do you think the horse I bought you is?" and then you get to choose between three colors: Brown, Black, and White.

- You can play about 80% of the game in first person by pushing in on the right stick. It's awesome and nauseating, lmao! Going into buildings bumps back into 3rd person, but I suppose you could take out the camera for a full 270° view of people's home's. But everything outside? Fair game. Tilling the field, watering the field, nuzzling animals, milking cows, fishing, running around, picking up items, etc. The only things I can think of that you can't do in first person would be training the dog and riding the horse.

- Grass automatically spreads in the pasture, much like the FOMT remake. It grows much faster too. Fertilizer is even cheaper than the original game. I believe it was 120G in AWL, 40G in the other versions, and now in the remake it's 20G a bag. I only bought 20, spread it randomly throughout the pasture, and by Summer about 50% of the field is filled with grass, so honestly more than enough for my one cow.

- Trees grow EXTREMELY fast. Like holy cow. They take like 5 days at most to go from saplings to mature trees. Crazy.

- Crops are much more lucrative. No longer will you be spending 30G on a seed and selling the crop for 35G, ahaha. Off the top of my head, the rank B tomatoes cost 30G at Vesta's, and sell for around 105G at rank B as well. I remember the B-rank Turnips costing 20G for the seeds and selling for 75G too.

- Fishing is simplified compared to the original, and I suppose compared to PoOT too. It's a lot like SOS Trio of Towns fishing. You cast the line, a fish spawns in the water, and within a few seconds they bite down on your hook, and you can click A as soon as the "!" appears. No mashing A either, just a single click will do.

- The "wonderfuls" and "nices" that David, Ebony, and Flat mention in the original game now have a purpose in the remake. They're the terms used to describe the achievement system. So you'll get little messages in the mailbox next to your house like "you cooked your first meal! It's the tenth 'nice' you've found" or "you had your first baby animal be born! It's the fifth 'nice' you've found!" just little things like that for playing the game and tracking your progress.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Nice Anna!

Do you think 10 days per season is fair? What are the days like? I was watching Josh and it seems the days are long enough which I do like.
FarmingForDaysMan
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

I’m so excited! I want the game :’) The thing about the grass is a relief. I had to sell my cow in AnWL because my grass wouldn’t grow and I barely had any money. Super excited about the news about the voice actors, too! When I was playing RF4 (I need to get back into it), I did a ton of research on the voice actors and had lots of fun with that. It’d be so awesome if Wendee Lee (who also voiced Athena Cykes from Ace Attorney) voices Romana :0

June can’t get here soon enough! xD
Anna_Lynn

Post  Posted:

Shan O 123 wrote: Jan 27, 2023 11:04 am Nice Anna!

Do you think 10 days per season is fair? What are the days like? I was watching Josh and it seems the days are long enough which I do like.
Yes, the way time moves is pretty much 1 minute in game to 1 second in real life, so each day is about 20-30 minutes. The only thing I was slightly overwhelmed by was how you usually only have enough time in a season to grow 1 batch of crops. However, many crops can be grown in multiple seasons. Tomatoes for example, are grown Spring-Fall, so up to 30 days for their growth time. Turnips funnily enough don't grow in Spring in this game, but Summer-Winter. Sweet Potatoes might be tricky, since they only grow in Fall, so 10 days for them.

I hope I don't get too overwhelmed when I unlock crop hybrids in year 2. The hybrid crops in the original usually took 8-10 days to grow, and only grew in 1 season. If you didn't plant them day 1 of the new season, they usually wilted with the season change. :shock:

FarmingForDaysMan wrote: Jan 27, 2023 11:38 am I’m so excited! I want the game :’) The thing about the grass is a relief. I had to sell my cow in AnWL because my grass wouldn’t grow and I barely had any money. Super excited about the news about the voice actors, too! When I was playing RF4 (I need to get back into it), I did a ton of research on the voice actors and had lots of fun with that. It’d be so awesome if Wendee Lee (who also voiced Athena Cykes from Ace Attorney) voices Romana :0

So I got a little curious myself, and decided to do some digging on who the VA's for this game are. According to the in-game credits, they are as follows:
Spoiler:
English Voice Cast
Zach Aguilar
Chris Hackney
Kirk Thornton
Shannon McKain
Zeno Robinson
Lucien Dodge
Kyle Herbert
Wendee Lee
Laura Post
Jennifer Losi
Kira Buckland

European Voice Cast - French
Gwenaelle Jegou
Guentin Thebault
Dominique Duforest
Fanny Charmont
Benoit Mejean
Juliette Croizat
Mathias Casartelii
Philippe Bozo
Jeremy Zylberberg
Dolly Vanden
Estelle Darazi
Martial Leminoux

European Voice Cast - German
Anni Salander
Jan Uplegger
Holger Franke
Florian Hoffmann
Janka Horakova
Lisa Braun
Benjamin Plath
Jenny Weiß
Matthias Horn
Ilja köster
Patrick Keller

European Voice Cast - Spanish
Irene Miras
Carme Calvell
Carme Ambros
Sergi Mani
Marina Garcia
Ariadna Jimenez
Lluis Torrelles
Marc Gomez
Albert Vilar
Juanjo Valero
Albert Trifol
So unless I missed it during the credits, I didn't see any Japanese VA's, which leads me to believe that the Japanese version (and English version in six months) simply use the English voice cast for the characters. A little silly how there's different VA's depending on the language/region though, I mean it's not like any of the characters say words or sentences, lmao! :lol:
StormFire
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Super glad to hear that the records are back! I was too lazy to get them all in AnWL, so I always did the trick where you could unlock 100 of every item by pressing certain buttons, lol. :lol: I know I keep saying this but I’m just really excited for this game! I keep watching let’s plays of it online, too.
AloneInTheDark
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Hearing the records made a comeback makes me really happy! Can't wait to hear what the BGM for the remake sounds like, the AWL version of Marine Jazz is one of my favorite tracks ever.

Now all I need for my nostalgia fix is for someone to confirm or deny if the bee outfit from AnWL is in this one too haha.
NeonMouko
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

This is probably only something I'm concerned about, but... given that there are introduction events apparently, are there also any special introduction dialogue like in FOMT? I'm one of those people who actively avoided the clinic until I could talk to Elly and Doctor outside of it to get their greeting dialogue... do I need to actively dodge events until I've spoken to the marriage candidates at least once? :lol:
FarmingForDaysMan
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Anna_Lynn wrote: Jan 27, 2023 12:29 pm
FarmingForDaysMan wrote: Jan 27, 2023 11:38 am I’m so excited! I want the game :’) The thing about the grass is a relief. I had to sell my cow in AnWL because my grass wouldn’t grow and I barely had any money. Super excited about the news about the voice actors, too! When I was playing RF4 (I need to get back into it), I did a ton of research on the voice actors and had lots of fun with that. It’d be so awesome if Wendee Lee (who also voiced Athena Cykes from Ace Attorney) voices Romana :0

So I got a little curious myself, and decided to do some digging on who the VA's for this game are. According to the in-game credits, they are as follows:
Spoiler:
English Voice Cast
Zach Aguilar
Chris Hackney
Kirk Thornton
Shannon McKain
Zeno Robinson
Lucien Dodge
Kyle Herbert
Wendee Lee
Laura Post
Jennifer Losi
Kira Buckland

European Voice Cast - French
Gwenaelle Jegou
Guentin Thebault
Dominique Duforest
Fanny Charmont
Benoit Mejean
Juliette Croizat
Mathias Casartelii
Philippe Bozo
Jeremy Zylberberg
Dolly Vanden
Estelle Darazi
Martial Leminoux

European Voice Cast - German
Anni Salander
Jan Uplegger
Holger Franke
Florian Hoffmann
Janka Horakova
Lisa Braun
Benjamin Plath
Jenny Weiß
Matthias Horn
Ilja köster
Patrick Keller

European Voice Cast - Spanish
Irene Miras
Carme Calvell
Carme Ambros
Sergi Mani
Marina Garcia
Ariadna Jimenez
Lluis Torrelles
Marc Gomez
Albert Vilar
Juanjo Valero
Albert Trifol
So unless I missed it during the credits, I didn't see any Japanese VA's, which leads me to believe that the Japanese version (and English version in six months) simply use the English voice cast for the characters. A little silly how there's different VA's depending on the language/region though, I mean it's not like any of the characters say words or sentences, lmao! :lol:
Heck yeah, Wendee Lee! :D I’ll have to look up the rest of those people. Lee’s the only person that I recognize on that list,