Story of Seasons: AWL remake announced!

What happened to Murrey!? A remake of Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life (2004) and Harvest Moon: Another Wonderful Life (2005) for Nintendo Switch. JP release = Jan 2023. NA release = June 2023. EU release = June 2023.
User avatar
TahoeMario
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller
Posts: 142

Post  Posted:

Here is the lone screenshot for today:
Spoiler:
Image
This is another relatively useless update, following up on the Spring screenshot from a couple of days ago. This time, they're promoting the season of "Pepper" aka Summer. The month with intense sunlight and the one season out of the year where the most crops grow, which if you include tree fruit and hybrids then I suppose that is a true statement. I was going to argue that case but they're correct, if you consider that most trees bear fruit in Summer and most hybrids too for that matter. For initial first-generation crops, it was only about half and half, I believe.
User avatar
FarmingForDaysMan
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome
Posts: 95

Post  Posted:

Ohhhhh, look at the little chicky wicky :heart:
User avatar
Anna_Lynn
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Posts: 876

Post  Posted:

justjess wrote: Nov 10, 2022 12:06 am I have to wonder how the bar being a cafe is going to change the dynamic of villagers like Grant now. Are they going to stay up drinking coffee
Well this is a game being made and developed in Japan, so perhaps the cafe will serve something more close to tea? I think if they changed the alcohol to coffee, that would be unusual since like you said, villagers always went to the bar at night. Nothing like a caffeinated beverage before bed to help me sleep at night, lmao. :lol:
User avatar
FarmingForDaysMan
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome
Posts: 95

Post  Posted:

Anna_Lynn wrote: Nov 10, 2022 7:05 am
justjess wrote: Nov 10, 2022 12:06 am I have to wonder how the bar being a cafe is going to change the dynamic of villagers like Grant now. Are they going to stay up drinking coffee
Well this is a game being made and developed in Japan, so perhaps the cafe will serve something more close to tea? I think if they changed the alcohol to coffee, that would be unusual since like you said, villagers always went to the bar at night. Nothing like a caffeinated beverage before bed to help me sleep at night, lmao. :lol:
Interesting point. That does make me wonder if the cafe will be open at night.

On a side note, it’s just now occurred to me that we haven’t seen a single screenshot of Barney or Mimi. They were originally supposed to be in AWL, so it’s a bit disappointing that they haven’t been introduced in the remake yet. Does anyone think we’ll see them in the game?
User avatar
TahoeMario
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller
Posts: 142

Post  Posted:

That would be cool, but so far it does seem like it is strictly just AWL content. And I know the circus was planned for AWL but it wasn't fully realized until DS so it might not show up here. It is odd though that, on the surface, it appears that the only really new stand out thing is that you can now marry Cody.

But anyway, here are the new screenshots for today. These are showing off Samantha:
Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image
In the second image, she's saying basically "On a day like today, it's nice to take some tea and find someplace to relax". In the third one, I'm pretty sure she's asking if you'd care for some green tea essentially, but it's basically a dish of rice and green tea that she's talking about. Also, her bio mentions how she's passionate about education now? Which I don't really remember being the case before.

It's funny that it seems like she has a tea theme after Anna_Lynn just brought up that the café likely serves tea, which I agree with. That would also make sense with them serving the Moo-Moo Milk drink, because milk tea is pretty popular in Japan. And sounds better than them serving milk with alcohol... or even the idea of just serving plain milk in a bar in general was also always weird to me. Although, I guess milk with coffee is also fine.
MADHATTER
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
Posts: 2817

Post  Posted:

i am immensely hyped for this, awl had some of the best music in the entire series
User avatar
Mabbie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
Posts: 2453

Post  Posted:

MADHATTER wrote: Nov 11, 2022 4:12 am i am immensely hyped for this, awl had some of the best music in the entire series
Me too :oops: I can't wait, specially because I didn't play the original version, so everything is so new to me.

Is Samantha a bachelorette? :shifty:
User avatar
PaleSunflower
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn
Posts: 403

Post  Posted:

Mabbie wrote: Nov 11, 2022 4:55 am
MADHATTER wrote: Nov 11, 2022 4:12 am i am immensely hyped for this, awl had some of the best music in the entire series
Me too :oops: I can't wait, specially because I didn't play the original version, so everything is so new to me.

Is Samantha a bachelorette? :shifty:
No, she is not.
User avatar
FarmingForDaysMan
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome
Posts: 95

Post  Posted:

Mabbie wrote: Nov 11, 2022 4:55 am
MADHATTER wrote: Nov 11, 2022 4:12 am i am immensely hyped for this, awl had some of the best music in the entire series
Me too :oops: I can't wait, specially because I didn't play the original version, so everything is so new to me.

Is Samantha a bachelorette? :shifty:
No, she’s Grant’s wife and therefore Kate’s mother. She was in the original games but not in the DS games.
User avatar
Mabbie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
Posts: 2453

Post  Posted:

FarmingForDaysMan wrote: Nov 11, 2022 6:20 am
Mabbie wrote: Nov 11, 2022 4:55 am
MADHATTER wrote: Nov 11, 2022 4:12 am i am immensely hyped for this, awl had some of the best music in the entire series
Me too :oops: I can't wait, specially because I didn't play the original version, so everything is so new to me.

Is Samantha a bachelorette? :shifty:
No, she’s Grant’s wife and therefore Kate’s mother. She was in the original games but not in the DS games.
Ohh that's why I don't remember her ^^
User avatar
Somerandom
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller
Posts: 122

Post  Posted:

Anna_Lynn wrote: Nov 10, 2022 7:05 am
justjess wrote: Nov 10, 2022 12:06 am I have to wonder how the bar being a cafe is going to change the dynamic of villagers like Grant now. Are they going to stay up drinking coffee
Well this is a game being made and developed in Japan, so perhaps the cafe will serve something more close to tea? I think if they changed the alcohol to coffee, that would be unusual since like you said, villagers always went to the bar at night. Nothing like a caffeinated beverage before bed to help me sleep at night, lmao. :lol:
This is honestly hilarious! I get why they are changing it, the Cero ratings board and their new direction that started with PoOT but they didn’t change wine, the winery and Van’s favourite in mineral town which is weird. But yeah, changing a cafe to a bar isn’t exactly an easy task, I mean drinking a coffee isn’t something one would do after a hard days work. Even if it is tea and not coffee, most cafes are open during the day and are closed for the night. Perhaps at night it becomes a a bar, but at this stage we honestly don’t know that much about the new cafe.
Mouko
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

So with the fact that the interview says 'Players can play forever on their farm or decide to start over and try a new life.', does that mean there may be a 'New Game Plus'?

I mean, admittedly I'd first have to actually make it to chapter 7 for once but...
User avatar
TahoeMario
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller
Posts: 142

Post  Posted:

New Game Plus? I'm not sure. They barely said anything about Chapter 7, really, and they obviously didn't use the term New Game Plus. The way it was worded sounded like you can either stay in the file you've played through or go start a brand new file from scratch. I'm personally not sure what could even be carried over in a New Game Plus. Because I doubt that they'd let you keep your tools upgraded or buildings upgraded and, since the game revolves around most of the challenge coming from you earning your money here, I don't really see them letting you keep your money from file to file, but they might could do. We just don't know one way or the other yet.


Anyway. Here are the new JP screenshots for today, showing off Kate:
Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image
In the second image, she's in her child stage asking if you're the guy who runs the ranch. In the third one, she's in her adult stage and she's basically saying that she likes buying unusual items and says she'll surely be buying some of yours.


And the storyofseasons Twitter account has also posted Gordy's EN bio:
Spoiler:
They are calling him Gordy in English now too. At least it makes his shirt finally make sense lol.
User avatar
white66
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Posts: 799

Post  Posted:

why is he so smooth? lol
Guest
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I'm confused, is that supposed to be Cody or not
Post Reply