Story of Seasons: AWL remake announced!

What happened to Murrey!? A remake of Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life (2004) and Harvest Moon: Another Wonderful Life (2005) for Nintendo Switch. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jan 2023. NA release = June 2023. EU release = June 2023.
AloneInTheDark
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

That outfit is so cute! Same with the little cutscene:
Spoiler:
The sprites come visit you, saying they're really happy they get to see you so early in the morning. Why did they come visit? To give you something as thanks for collecting so many wonderfuls, a matching outfit! Apparently they made it themselves, but don't think they're gonna fall behind in collecting wonderfuls, they're gonna keep doing their best too, so off they go, as one of them says it's not meant to be a competition.
So since wonderfuls/nices serve a purpose this time around, I'm guessing once you collect a certain amount, you get that outfit as a little reward.
Redcakeycake
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I wonder the amount!! I wanna run around a be lil harvest sprite =w=
Anna_Lynn
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

Hmm...maybe the number is 50 nices? I'm currently around 37-ish, last time I remember. There's so many outfits from the girl version that I haven't unlocked yet, so I'm kind of bummed. I should probably look into the mirror more often tbh.
Redcakeycake
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I didn't even know this, but if you use the sickle on ready to harvest crops, you can multiharvest- thank goodness!
simside
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

I know we've been seeing this through all the previews, but now that folks are playing it, I still can't quite get over how super-pretty the environments are. Rough backgrounds aren't necessarily a dealbreaker for me, but man, those nice ones are super-immersive. I love them.
Awesome Cat
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

simside wrote: Feb 04, 2023 7:26 am I know we've been seeing this through all the previews, but now that folks are playing it, I still can't quite get over how super-pretty the environments are. Rough backgrounds aren't necessarily a dealbreaker for me, but man, those nice ones are super-immersive. I love them.
If you play it in person. It probably look much better then what we are seeing it on YouTube.
Nord501
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Hey everyone, does anyone know how to get a blue crop through Tartan? Galen has a request about one he saw in a dream but I can’t quite figure out the exact solution. Thanks in advance :)
Catsitta
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Cross any basic seed with a blue trick flower to get blue crops/trees! I haven't tried to use them in my hybrid crop quest yet, but I do know that the blue trick flower doesn't work on hybrid tree seeds.
Nord501
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Catsitta wrote: Feb 11, 2023 12:01 pm Cross any basic seed with a blue trick flower to get blue crops/trees! I haven't tried to use them in my hybrid crop quest yet, but I do know that the blue trick flower doesn't work on hybrid tree seeds.
Thank you! I don’t fully understand Japanese, though I know katakana and hiragana, so when I saw Tartan mention the different flowers in his text I thought they did something but never put 2 and 2 together.
Catsitta
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I don't speak a lick of it either. I'm just impatient, curious and love hybrids...so when I saw some funny blue crops in one of my recipes, and then Google Translated the description of the Blue Trick flower...I was hype to test a theory. Lol.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I have a question: is there any information yet about the situation with Matthew and Cecelia, and if it's the same as it was in AnWL? I'm interested in him as a marriage candidate, but I'm not keen on having to always feel like I'm my spouse's second choice lol.
iloverainbow
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Guest wrote: Feb 12, 2023 12:34 pm I have a question: is there any information yet about the situation with Matthew and Cecelia, and if it's the same as it was in AnWL? I'm interested in him as a marriage candidate, but I'm not keen on having to always feel like I'm my spouse's second choice lol.
Yes this... I need to know this as well.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Guest wrote: Feb 12, 2023 12:34 pm I have a question: is there any information yet about the situation with Matthew and Cecelia, and if it's the same as it was in AnWL? I'm interested in him as a marriage candidate, but I'm not keen on having to always feel like I'm my spouse's second choice lol.
Spoiler:
I didn't marry him, but I did see all of his pre-marriage events. He still likes Cecilia (but he mentions that he isn't sure if it's brotherly love or romantic love) & is pretty protective of her, but his obsession is more toned down than it was in the original. Don't know how he behaves after marriage, but I imagine mentions of Cecilia have been cut down/watered down considerably.

Personally, though, his thing for Ceci was still noticeable enough that it turned me off from marrying him. His events revolved more around her than they did the MC. He's a lot nicer to the MC overall, though.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Also, has anyone posted the English name changes yet? I bought the Japanese version & have been playing with the English patch. Of course, this patch is "unofficial", but I kinda doubt XSeed would make alterations to what's already in the game files at this point.

For those interested, here are the name changes:
Spoiler:
Original names on left, new names on right:

Marlin - Matthew
Celia - Cecilia
Cody - Gordy
Muffy - Molly
Samantha - San
Grant - Garrett
Wally - Sully
Galen - Gary
Griffin - Gavin
Tim - Tei
Ruby - Lou
Tartan - Vinnie
Hardy - Baddoch
Nic, Nak, Flak - Jack, Hart, Ace
Kassey - Charlie
Patrick - Cole
Murrey - Pui

Everyone else retains their name from the original game.
Anna_Lynn

Post  Posted:

Guest wrote: Feb 12, 2023 9:22 pm Also, has anyone posted the English name changes yet? I bought the Japanese version & have been playing with the English patch. Of course, this patch is "unofficial", but I kinda doubt XSeed would make alterations to what's already in the game files at this point.

For those interested, here are the name changes:
Spoiler:
Original names on left, new names on right:

Marlin - Matthew
Celia - Cecilia
Cody - Gordy
Muffy - Molly
Samantha - San
Grant - Garrett
Wally - Sully
Galen - Gary
Griffin - Gavin
Tim - Tei
Ruby - Lou
Tartan - Vinnie
Hardy - Baddoch
Nic, Nak, Flak - Jack, Hart, Ace
Kassey - Charlie
Patrick - Cole
Murrey - Pui

Everyone else retains their name from the original game.
Spoiler:
Awww, I absolutely love how Nic, Nak, and Flak are now references to a deck of playing cards, that's very cute! Griffin's name change seems similar to his Japanese name "Garfan," which could honestly be localized to either Griffin or Gavin. Tartan's new name being Vinnie is very adorable. He made a cameo appearance in the first SoS game on 3DS as a craftable item named "Tsurutan," so I'm surprised they didn't stick with that choice of name? Hardy's new name is basically his Japanese name, but I feel like it makes him seem more intimidating than he already is, haha.

At first I was distraught over Kesaran and Pasaran's new names, but then it hit me!!! Charlie = Char, and Cole = Coal! They're now "Charcoal" instead of "Keseranpasaran" (a thistle plant that looks like a firework). Brilliant!!!