Story of Seasons: AWL remake announced!

What happened to Murrey!? A remake of Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life (2004) and Harvest Moon: Another Wonderful Life (2005) for Nintendo Switch. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jan 2023. NA release = June 2023. EU release = June 2023.
FarmingForDaysMan
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Anna_Lynn wrote: Jan 29, 2023 8:11 am And speaking of being in Winter, Mukumuku's voice sounds so bad now. I feel horrible for saying that, but it's true. Instead of going with animal-like noises from a soundboard to simulate the noise of what a wild yeti would sound like, it's so obviously one of the male VA's for the game going "Moufahhh!" into a microphone. They really toned him down for children, didn't they?
Oh my goodness, I have to hear that for myself :lol:
SOSAWL
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Can confirm that the Alarm Clock is still in this game, however; It's given to you by Grant by completing his request. It's a dish called Pickled Veggies and requires second gen crops.
TrashBanjo
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Spoiler:
(That anon above was me.)
Last edited by Cherubae on Jan 30, 2023 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked image from an unofficial patched EN game with SPOILER tag.
Anna_Lynn
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

I tested something cheeky in the remake today, in regards to an infamous ending you could get in the original game:
Spoiler:
The divorce ending still exists! Obviously, it serves no real purpose, since if you respond negatively to your spouse, your game will end. I'm shocked they kept these events in the remake!
Everybody's favorite possessed teddy bear makes a return in chapter three as well, for the low, low, price of:
Spoiler:
1,000,000G at Van's shop!! So tempting! Very affordable!

No but seriously, now I have the perfect excuse to NOT buy Da-chan. :lol:
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Geez. If that’s a cheap price I still wouldn’t buy it.
Anon9090
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

can anyone tell me if the reverse proposals still exists?
Anna_Lynn

Post  Posted:

Anon9090 wrote: Jan 31, 2023 2:44 am can anyone tell me if the reverse proposals still exists?
Yes they do. It seems that you can sort of sway who shows up to your house, since Takakura asks you who you think is on your farm, and you're given a list of the marriage candidates. If you were to ignore everybody and sleep to Winter 10th, your list would only have 2 options, Rock and Cecelia. In my personal save file, every candidate had at least eight hearts, and they all appeared as a choice in Takakura's question.

However...
Spoiler:
When I was testing out if divorce still exists, I decided just to start another save file, and woo Gordy up to 5/10 hearts, since I figured that was high enough, like the original game capping out the diary at 5 hearts. Well I only triggered one event with him, and yet at the end of the chapter, my only two options by Takakura were still Rock and Cecelia. Seems like an extra bit of effort is needed by the player to be sure that a reverse proposal can still exist.
So long story short, I think this is how it works: if you are able to hand over the feather to the candidate and they initiate the "is this for me" question, then you are able to have a reverse proposal with them on Winter 10th. If not, then I don't think they will show up as options by Takakura.
Mabbie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Is this an only oportunity, or can we get the reverse marriage afterwards? Putting a date on something gets me a little anxious
Anon9090
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Another question, if you don't mind. Are the jealous scenes are still in the game too?
Anna_Lynn

Post  Posted:

Anon9090 wrote: Jan 31, 2023 6:12 am Another question, if you don't mind. Are the jealous scenes are still in the game too?
That I don't know. In my personal file, I knew I wanted to marry Gordy first since he's the new addition and all. So every last event I triggered with the other candidates, I answered negatively since I had no idea how faithful this remake was to the original. I know in the Special Edition when I tried marrying Lumina, I got Muffy's hearts too high, she took my character on a date in her last event, and I don't think the game let me befriend, nor give the blue feather to other girls from then on. And the way the original works, you don't get a choice on who shows up to your house at the end of the year, it's just the girl/guy with the highest affection.

I can certainly try to see if jealousy exists. I wouldn't mind playing again, but going for Matthew, and if you can pick candidates at the end of the chapter to reverse propose, I suppose I can attempt to be a heartbreaker and lead Molly on...that sounds bad. :lol:
Mabbie wrote: Jan 31, 2023 5:51 am Is this an only oportunity, or can we get the reverse marriage afterwards? Putting a date on something gets me a little anxious
Yeah it's an only opportunity. If you wait until the end of the year and let the candidates propose to you, either you say yes and get to keep playing the game, or you say no and your farming adventure ends. That's just how this specific entry in the series has always been, very heavily family oriented and deadline-based in terms of the chapters.
FarmingForDaysMan
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

I’m very surprised that the things related to marriage have remained the same :0
Spoiler:
I’m curious, is it still possible to end your game at the very beginning? Also, who would pay such a high price for nightmare fuel? 😂
Redcakeycake
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Hello! I made a shoddy collage of how the kids look like, not all of the stages are here, but this is what I found so far checking jp twitter or from others playing the game! (I have at least every toddler :D) you can get a general idea here of how they look like :D

Bachelorette Sons
Spoiler:
Bachelorette Daughters
Spoiler:
Bachelor Daughters
Spoiler:
Bachelor Sons
Spoiler:
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Yessss! I'm on a mission to see all the kid designs! Please keep updating this as you find more ❤️❤️❤️
Redcakeycake
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Guest wrote: Jan 31, 2023 10:34 am Yessss! I'm on a mission to see all the kid designs! Please keep updating this as you find more ❤️❤️❤️
same here! I really adore how the kids look like in the remake, I scour ever so often to find new photos. Don't have a copy of the jp game to manually do this so i have to pray to jp side of twitter or other players to post. I have a feeling it'll be super hard to find gustafa's kids though, I've seen only a tiny handful of people marry him or post his kids. I'm not surprised how Celia/Marlin is the most popular picks, and Marlin's kids are particularly adorable for both genders. Rock's kids are also super cute! the brown hair/eyes and light blue colours look really nice, I'm curious to see how the other stages for his kid looks like. Honestly I'm just curious to see ALL the kids XD. I'll try my best to update this when I find more photos of the other stages.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Anna_Lynn wrote: Jan 31, 2023 6:49 am
Anon9090 wrote: Jan 31, 2023 6:12 am Another question, if you don't mind. Are the jealous scenes are still in the game too?
That I don't know. In my personal file, I knew I wanted to marry Gordy first since he's the new addition and all. So every last event I triggered with the other candidates, I answered negatively since I had no idea how faithful this remake was to the original. I know in the Special Edition when I tried marrying Lumina, I got Muffy's hearts too high, she took my character on a date in her last event, and I don't think the game let me befriend, nor give the blue feather to other girls from then on. And the way the original works, you don't get a choice on who shows up to your house at the end of the year, it's just the girl/guy with the highest affection.

I can certainly try to see if jealousy exists. I wouldn't mind playing again, but going for Matthew, and if you can pick candidates at the end of the chapter to reverse propose, I suppose I can attempt to be a heartbreaker and lead Molly on...that sounds bad. :lol:
Mabbie wrote: Jan 31, 2023 5:51 am Is this an only oportunity, or can we get the reverse marriage afterwards? Putting a date on something gets me a little anxious
Yeah it's an only opportunity. If you wait until the end of the year and let the candidates propose to you, either you say yes and get to keep playing the game, or you say no and your farming adventure ends. That's just how this specific entry in the series has always been, very heavily family oriented and deadline-based in terms of the chapters.
Dang. I’m not familiar with the original cast so looks like I have 5-ish months to decide who I want if we only have a game year.