Story of Seasons: AWL remake announced!

What happened to Murrey!? A remake of Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life (2004) and Harvest Moon: Another Wonderful Life (2005) for Nintendo Switch. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jan 2023. NA release = June 2023. EU release = June 2023.
TahoeMario
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Crystal Power wrote: Sep 21, 2022 3:51 pm Figuring out if the new Bachelor is Cody or a relative is very important. If it's indeed Cody then I think it's safe to say they won't be going by the DS/Cute canon since Cody wasn't an option there, Griffin doesn't appear to be redesigned either but it's hard to tell (In the image of the villagers at Gustafa's house). I mean they could have the DS/Cute candidates and more but I'd prefer to keep my expectation in check, ahah! Anyway If it's not Cody then I'm expecting this to be the same as Brandon/Jennifer.

Marvelous please release an update on the who the new bachelor is soon! T_T

EDIT: Also want to clarify my original post isn't including DLC candidates that may be announced.
I mean... this character has got the same gloves, the same boots, there's stripes on his shirt sleeve that are reminiscent of Cody's old armbands, similar black shorts, a similar "G" on his chest (for "Gordy", Cody's Japanese name) and the same skintone and hair color. You might be right though, they may have instead aged Cody up and made this his like nephew or son or something like that. It won't be clear until they either show a screenshot of him talking or release his bio.

I'm not expecting any DS/Cute "canon" either, considering that that story takes place 100 years after AWL with a cast full of "descendants" of the AWL characters (even though Natsume called them by their AWL names when they translated DS). In Japanese, Celia for example is named Sepiria in both AWL and this remake but she's named Serena in DS. That being said, I would've liked to marry Griffin or Carter in this. Or Flora even, since it looks like she's been deconfirmed as a bachelorette at this point. And it'll be a shame if they choose not to find a way to fit in some of the DS exclusive characters like Leia or Keira or Skye. But so far, yes, it does seem like it's just purely AWL remade.

Here are the new screenshots for today, showing off Molly:
Spoiler:
Rose Petals
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

TahoeMario wrote: Sep 22, 2022 2:36 amHere are the new screenshots for today, showing off Molly:
Spoiler:
Finally! They give us something about Molly! That was very worrying to me just how absent she has been from trailers and all other promotional stuff. Does anyone know what it says on the first image of her? I can't read Japanese.

Going by that last one, that looks like one of her heart events! :O They are keeping the original heart events in?
TahoeMario
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Rose Petals wrote: Sep 22, 2022 3:17 am
TahoeMario wrote: Sep 22, 2022 2:36 amHere are the new screenshots for today, showing off Molly:
Spoiler:
Finally! They give us something about Molly! That was very worrying to me just how absent she has been from trailers and all other promotional stuff. Does anyone know what it says on the first image of her? I can't read Japanese.

Going by that last one, that looks like one of her heart events! :O They are keeping the original heart events in?
So my Japanese is very amateur level, and you could probably download a translator app on your phone that could do a better job than I can. But I believe it says: "A girl from the city. I have a live-in part-time job at the "Bluebird Café". Despite many misfortunes, I live positively with my brightness".

Interestingly, as both stated in the bio and seen in the third image, it seems like the bar is now a café? I noticed this in the screenshot of the male MC with Cecilia inside the building that I posted the other day where they had coffee cups served in front of them.
Rose Petals
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

TahoeMario wrote: Sep 22, 2022 3:38 amSo my Japanese is very amateur level, and you could probably download a translator app on your phone that could do a better job than I can. But I believe it says: "A girl from the city. I have a live-in part-time job at the "Bluebird Café". Despite many misfortunes, I live positively with my brightness".
Thanks! :) That makes sense with that being her bio, in that they kept her authentically the same. She was a city girl looking for love in all the wrong places, until the farmer steps in.

Now, that is interesting that they have turned the Blue Bar into a cafe. That will take a huge amount of getting used to for me. I will probably still call it Blue Bar. (Even after two years of playing SoS:FoMT, I still call everyone and everything by its original FoMT names.) I get why they made it a cafe though, because it was a bar and did kinda sell booze, they have downplayed that a lot in recent years. Which is strange to me, because I think in Grand Bazaar and Story of Seasons, possibly 3OT, you could make wine. Also, in FoMT (both), as much as they say it is an inn, Doug basically runs a bar that some villagers may rent rooms above.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

TahoeMario wrote: Sep 20, 2022 9:33 pm Here's another screenshot of the male MC with Cecilia (and Griffin) in their old age:
Spoiler:
you can see in this image that her face has aged a bit with wrinkles under her eyes and you can kinda see the gray in her hair a bit better.
I am slowly going feral. SHOW me Griffin's face, PLEASE.
FarmingForDaysMan
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

TahoeMario wrote: Sep 22, 2022 3:38 am
Rose Petals wrote: Sep 22, 2022 3:17 am
Spoiler:

So my Japanese is very amateur level, and you could probably download a translator app on your phone that could do a better job than I can. But I believe it says: "A girl from the city. I have a live-in part-time job at the "Bluebird Café". Despite many misfortunes, I live positively with my brightness".

Interestingly, as both stated in the bio and seen in the third image, it seems like the bar is now a café? I noticed this in the screenshot of the male MC with Cecilia inside the building that I posted the other day where they had coffee cups served in front of them.
Cafe by day, bar by night? 😂
Terra575
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Just saw that Flora was listed under "residents with personality” alongside Takakura and Vesta. Looks like she won't be marriageable :(
Spoiler:
TahoeMario
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Terra575 wrote: Sep 22, 2022 11:09 am Just saw that Flora was listed under "residents with personality” alongside Takakura and Vesta. Looks like she won't be marriageable :(
Spoiler:
Yeah, that flyer was pretty disheartening to see this morning. But, you know what, it's actually not surprising... that they can't recognize a good thing when it's diggin' right in front of their face :lol:

I had seen where Ronin posted it on the poll; I didn't even know at the time that Cher mentioned it. Apparently, it's been up on the JP Amazon page since pre-orders have been available though, just nobody noticed it until now.

Here's the flyer in question. The only new thing of note in it is that, as Terra mentioned, it shows Flora on the Residents side with Takakura, Vesta and Hugh opposite the Love Interests side with Gustafa, Cecilia, Nami and Matthew. But it does show off her new model for the first time, which seems largely unchanged.
Spoiler:
There's also the JP boxart and the Amazon pre-order bonus outfit:
Spoiler:
Alongside these are a trio of Cecilia family events pictured, for anybody who still desires to see more Cecilia. Each of these have all been seen in either the trailer or on the website to some extent. Personally, I think they're showing off maybe too much of her stuff but:
Spoiler:
They do have one last photo that is another one of Gustafa but this exact screenshot was shown off two days ago with his bio so I'll refrain from posting it here again.
fancypurincup
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Terra575 wrote: Sep 22, 2022 11:09 am Just saw that Flora was listed under "residents with personality” alongside Takakura and Vesta. Looks like she won't be marriageable :(
Spoiler:
cancel the whole game, no point anymore, close the thread, close the whole forum -joking-
Crystal Power
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

That's so unfortunate that Flora is not being added as a candidate this time.
TahoeMario wrote: Sep 22, 2022 2:36 am
Crystal Power wrote: Sep 21, 2022 3:51 pm
Spoiler:
Figuring out if the new Bachelor is Cody or a relative is very important. If it's indeed Cody then I think it's safe to say they won't be going by the DS/Cute canon since Cody wasn't an option there, Griffin doesn't appear to be redesigned either but it's hard to tell (In the image of the villagers at Gustafa's house). I mean they could have the DS/Cute candidates and more but I'd prefer to keep my expectation in check, ahah! Anyway If it's not Cody then I'm expecting this to be the same as Brandon/Jennifer.

Marvelous please release an update on the who the new bachelor is soon! T_T

EDIT: Also want to clarify my original post isn't including DLC candidates that may be announced.
I mean... this character has got the same gloves, the same boots, there's stripes on his shirt sleeve that are reminiscent of Cody's old armbands, similar black shorts, a similar "G" on his chest (for "Gordy", Cody's Japanese name) and the same skintone and hair color. You might be right though, they may have instead aged Cody up and made this his like nephew or son or something like that. It won't be clear until they either show a screenshot of him talking or release his bio.

I'm not expecting any DS/Cute "canon" either, considering that that story takes place 100 years after AWL with a cast full of "descendants" of the AWL characters (even though Natsume called them by their AWL names when they translated DS). In Japanese, Celia for example is named Sepiria in both AWL and this remake but she's named Serena in DS. That being said, I would've liked to marry Griffin or Carter in this. Or Flora even, since it looks like she's been deconfirmed as a bachelorette at this point. And it'll be a shame if they choose not to find a way to fit in some of the DS exclusive characters like Leia or Keira or Skye. But so far, yes, it does seem like it's just purely AWL remade.

Here are the new screenshots for today, showing off Molly:
Spoiler:
Well going by the latest information I am going to assume this is indeed just Cody receiving the Lumina treatment (with the bachelor make-over Matthew and Gustafa received) to make it a fair 4 on each side. Though the fact he isn't on the main site is so odd while all the others are there, it's like "We have one surprise candidate, that's it, only one!" they should have just shown us him if he's the only new addition and I'm expecting any additional ones will be DLC.

I didn't know that the DS/Cute resident were descendants of the original characters, I thought it was like a "parallel universe", like when they make a girl version or Tree of Tranquility into Animal Parade. That's interesting, I never played DS/Cute so I never knew! Thanks!
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Darn. I'm disappointed about Flora. I wonder if maybe they'll add 2 completely new characters as marriage candidates. And maybe pair them with Muffy and Cody? (I can't quite picture Muffy and Cody being together) It'll make me sad if Muffy is alone.
Burning Spear
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Flora always seemed to me like she was devoted to Carter, so I don't think I would have married her anyway. There could still be DLC marriage candidates.
crazy cat lady
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

I hate DLC but I'd buy it if they added Daryl as a marriage candidate. I love that weird man. He can do experiments on my child when it's OUR child. <3 :lol:
Mabbie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

fancypurincup wrote: Sep 22, 2022 3:48 pm
Spoiler:
cancel the whole game, no point anymore, close the thread, close the whole forum -joking-
LOL, same. At least now with Flora out of the bachelorettes I'm sure I'll go for Nami this time
JayDucky03
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

crazy cat lady wrote: Sep 23, 2022 6:33 am I hate DLC but I'd buy it if they added Daryl as a marriage candidate. I love that weird man. He can do experiments on my child when it's OUR child. <3 :lol:
Omg XD but I am looking forward to whatever DLC they cook up for this. Also maybe adding some kind of link if you bought the FOMT remake? So you could go up the path.