Story of Seasons: AWL remake announced!

What happened to Murrey!? A remake of Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life (2004) and Harvest Moon: Another Wonderful Life (2005) for Nintendo Switch. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jan 2023. NA release = June 2023. EU release = June 2023.
fancypurincup
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

hey cody is on the website now lmao

helllloooooooooo handsome :oops: :heart:
Crystal Power
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

fancypurincup wrote: Sep 25, 2022 6:20 pm hey cody is on the website now lmao

helllloooooooooo handsome :oops: :heart:
Omg, I had just got on to see if anyone replied to my question and seen your post. I was so caught off guard. XD He is very handsome!

Also everyone's profile is now available to view:
https://www.bokumono.com/series/welcome/marriage/
Rose Petals wrote: Sep 25, 2022 12:00 pm
Crystal Power wrote: Sep 25, 2022 10:46 am I know others are better at spotting information (Like that Flora image) so I wanted to make sure, is the candidate assumed to be Cody only shown in the trailer or is there any other images we have of him?
Only shown in the trailer. I've searched around for any screencap I can find of the game, and that is the only time that he appears. It isn't even confirmed that he even is Cody. There are pics of some festivals out there, and Cody is absent. But, if anyone else has seen him somewhere, I would like to see the picture too.
I want to thank you for your response still!
white66 wrote: Sep 25, 2022 1:20 pm The fact that they haven't officially shown Cody as a bachelor makes me think the character who looks like him may actually be his nephew or something. I'm kind of hoping that's the case because the new design is so different from his original one, which, granted, may have been a little out there and possibly insensitive, but I would hope that they had just reworked it rather than pushed him into the mold all the other bachelors are in.
Welp, it appears it's indeed Cody as the Japanese name is "Gordy" his original name. I wonder what Xseed will name him though?
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Wow... Cody looks a lot better than I thought from seeing the trailer. Hmm... I wonder if he and Muffy will be a pairing then.
fishifishie
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

IM SCREAMING. FROTHING AT THE MOUTH. CODY IS SO HANDSOME
Anna_Lynn
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

On the one hand I love how handsome he is, but on the other hand I feel like Cody is an entirely new character now. I don't think I'll ever get used to his new design. However I am excited to at least marry him to see what he's like!
Rose Petals
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

OMG! The all the bachelor and bachelorette information has gone up! Cody's name being Gordy now, I kinda feel that suits him more. Cody never really felt right for his name.

That aside, can we talk about how Rock's name is Lock now? That one is a little hmm... I hope that gets changed in translation.
TahoeMario
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Rose Petals wrote: Sep 26, 2022 2:17 am OMG! The all the bachelor and bachelorette information has gone up! Cody's name being Gordy now, I kinda feel that suits him more. Cody never really felt right for his name.

That aside, can we talk about how Rock's name is Lock now? That one is a little hmm... I hope that gets changed in translation.
Their names are all the same as they've ever been in Japanese. Rock's name is Rokku which can translate into either Lock or Rock. I think they may change it into something completely different this time in English though but we don't know one way or the other yet. But that's just like how Lumina can be read as either Lumina or Rumina, even though it makes more sense as Lumina just like Rock makes more sense in Rokku's case. But it may end up similar to how Marlin was always named Mash in Japanese in AWL but is now Matthew. And, hopefully, Cody does get translated into something better too so that "G" on his shirt can finally make sense in English but we'll just have to wait and see.

I wanted to talk a bit about the recent news we've got. Some of the previously unannounced pre-order bonuses have been slowly shown off today and this seems to be what forced their hand to reveal Cody on both the bachelor page and the new third update on the rancher page, this new section being one that was made exclusively for the announcement of his addition into the marriage candidates camp this time around.

Here are some screenshots of him that may have been overlooked and some new ones they just released:
Spoiler:
They've also announced the pre-order bonus for Fammys, which is a Baby Sheep badge:
Spoiler:
Something I've been meaning to talk about is actually on the topic of the new baby sheep. This is implying that you can actually buy male sheep in order to have them breed now. That was sort of lacking in the originals -- the feature to get rams and reproduce your own sheep, like you could your cows with bulls, just wasn't there for whatever reason. You had to purchase one sheep after the other if you wanted multiple sheep. So hopefully this is in fact improved upon in the remake like it seems as if it might be.

WonderGoo gets two badges of Nami and Lumina (this reveals her post-haircut artwork for I think the first time)
For an extra 20$, there's also a limited run with badges of all four bachelorettes and a Canvas Art of basically the boxart:
Spoiler:
Stella Worth gets a five-pack of picture cards of the female MC and all four bachelors:
Spoiler:
And then the most impressive one so far is what Ebten gets, which is the "Famitsu Deluxe pack". This includes a Cow milk glass, a trio of cup coasters with a Chicken coaster, a Cow coaster and a Sheep coaster, a Mukumuku hand towel and the download code for the in-game, pun-based "Behappi" happi coat for the MCs:
Spoiler:
A few others that haven't been promoted much yet are--
the download code for the in-game, once again pun-based "Cowdigan" cardigan for Geo:
Spoiler:
the download code for the in-game "P Casual" jacket for Joshin:
Spoiler:
the download code for the in-game "Adult Brown" jacket (whatever that means... an adult who wandered through a field of bramble bush it looks like, based on those pants) for Furuichi at furu1:
Spoiler:
and then the download code for the in-game "Pumpkin Style" costume for Rakuten Books, I like this one if only because it reminds me of the Witch from AP but in purple and orange instead of grayscale:
Spoiler:
fishifishie
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I hope we get the outfits here in the west.

And maybe some of these other pre-order bonuses. I'm really hoping for a mukumuku plushie as marvelous tends to release a plushie for the pre-orders or special editions.
Burning Spear
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

fishifishie wrote: Sep 26, 2022 11:42 am I hope we get the outfits here in the west.

And maybe some of these other pre-order bonuses. I'm really hoping for a mukumuku plushie as marvelous tends to release a plushie for the pre-orders or special editions.
I can guarantee there will be a plushie. Marvelous needs those pre-order sales.
Liliana93
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

It is a shame what they did to cody and I also always wanted griffin to be a romance cause I loved his character. That being said, I'll probably be marrying Nami regardless cause she was my original marriage candidate when I played AWL the first time and I still love her character.
TahoeMario
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

The screenshots released today are rehashing the second update on the rancher page, the one before Cody's new one that released yesterday. This is only showing off the ability to play as male, female or now nonbinary and the returning ability to marry the same gender, which we've known of since pretty much the initial announcement.
Spoiler:
They also helped promote the AmiAmi pre-order bonus which is a simple little acrylic keychain:
Spoiler:
and the Furuichi pre-order bonus that I mentioned yesterday with the brown jacket DLC costume:
Spoiler:

Famitsu released an article on the game, showing off clean artwork of some of the characters and some screenshots released with the full marriage candidates page from the other day. This also shows off Lumina's full post-haircut artwork somewhat seen in the WonderGoo pre-order bonus badges shown off yesterday:
Spoiler:
Also announced in the Famitsu article is... pretty much the most adorable thing as the pre-order bonus for the download version on the Nintendo Switch itself which is this in-game costume:
Spoiler:
Anna_Lynn

Post  Posted:

TahoeMario wrote: Sep 27, 2022 3:08 am Also announced in the Famitsu article is... pretty much the most adorable thing as the pre-order bonus for the download version on the Nintendo Switch itself which is this in-game costume:
Spoiler:
Okay now I'm glad that out of all the preorder bonuses, the Nintendo Eshop one is the best, lol! I can't wait to prance around Forgotten Valley looking like that. It seems as if the hat is seperate from the outfit? The website says it would be listed under hairstyles, which is nice.
FarmingForDaysMan
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Oh my goshhhhhh, how cute 💕
TahoeMario
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Anna_Lynn wrote: Sep 27, 2022 7:00 am It seems as if the hat is seperate from the outfit? The website says it would be listed under hairstyles, which is nice.
Yeah, this was also the case for the hood of the Raincoat in the Amazon JP pre-order from last week. That will be nice for if one wants to wear that headpiece with a flashier outfit. I like how the bandana/undershirt matches the bow on the hat too though.

Here are the screenshots for today, showing off more of Lumina:
Spoiler:
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Welp, that's probably a wrap on the marriageable villagers, for now. DLC is highly likely given the most recent entry, but I also won't be too heartbroken if that isn't the case. It is a little annoying that all the girls only got minor revamps while all the boys are completely redesigned minus Rock. Not everyone needs to be a drop dead gorgeous bishonen trope and I feel like they took away a lot of the charm the original designs had. I'd be curious to know how the Japanese side of the fanbase is feeling about this.

As for all the preorder outfits, I imagine we'll get them all as iirc, we got all the outfits in New Friends of Mineral Town as paid DLC.