Story of Seasons: AWL remake announced!

What happened to Murrey!? A remake of Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life (2004) and Harvest Moon: Another Wonderful Life (2005) for Nintendo Switch. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jan 2023. NA release = June 2023. EU release = June 2023.
AloneInTheDark
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

kbunny10 wrote: Feb 01, 2023 4:13 pm I'm sorry if this isn't the right place for this question, but I saw some people commenting with stuff that happens in chapter 2 and onwards.

Can anyone explain how to complete Ruby/Luu's 19 day request in the first summer of chapter 2? Google translate says she wants Yaruki Kremas, which when googling it says that's a drink? I don't have all the recipes so I'm not sure how to make that in the game. If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it!
From what I could gather after looking for a bit, Van sells it! Looking at the list of recipes, not sure if you can actually make it yourself? Don't quote me on that though, I just did some light reading after all! Good luck and happy farming!
Spoiler:
Anna_Lynn
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

Man the developers weren't joking when they said they added a bunch of new events in the remake. I keep triggering the most adorable events between my toddler and Takakura, and they are too precious together!!! Spoilers:
Spoiler:
Takakura's so friggin tsundere, you can tell that he both want's nothing to do with your toddler, and at the same time want's to play "race car" and "blocks" with him/her. The events always end with the MC walking in on them playing together, and Takakura rushing quickly away while blushing. The best part is how your child refers to Takakura as "Grandpa" :heart:
Then, my kid was running around during the Chapter 2 fireworks festival going "boom boom boom!" while also trying to persuade "Grandpa" to come out and watch the fireworks with him again next year, ahhhh my heart can't take the cuteness! :bunny:
I gotta say, I have no idea where Gordy's kid gets all this energy and enthusiasm from. Gordy's like the most quiet, calm person ever, and then there's grumpy pessimistic Takakura, and it's not like the main character's bouncing off the walls lmao.
Lulu02
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Does anyone know why the hell my tunips, carrots and potatos keep withering? I just can't grow these crops in the remake!
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Lulu02 wrote: Feb 02, 2023 12:58 am Does anyone know why the hell my tunips, carrots and potatos keep withering? I just can't grow these crops in the remake!
Are you planting them in season? :?:
Lulu02
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Guest wrote: Feb 02, 2023 2:06 am
Lulu02 wrote: Feb 02, 2023 12:58 am Does anyone know why the hell my tunips, carrots and potatos keep withering? I just can't grow these crops in the remake!
Yes! But for some reason they keep withering. I water them daily too, I really don't know what I'm doing wrong...
Anna_Lynn

Post  Posted:

Lulu02 wrote: Feb 02, 2023 2:22 am
Guest wrote: Feb 02, 2023 2:06 am
Yes! But for some reason they keep withering. I water them daily too, I really don't know what I'm doing wrong...
So this is a weird Story of Seasons game; you really need to make sure that your crops are as damp as possible at all times. The game does a little "hydration check" every 12 hours, that being once at 12PM noon, and a second time at 12AM midnight. If you water your crops daily, that's great, but are you watering them before sleeping too? Having them be dry during those little "hydration checks" not only makes them grow slower, but too much dryness can make them wither as well. At least they made the soil stay damp longer in the remake; in Spring/Parrot and Autumn/Amber, the soil will go dry every 10 hours, in Summer/Pepper, the soil will dry out in 8 hours, and in Winter/Indigo, the soil will go dry in 12 hours.

So let's say you have tomatoes growing in Pepper/Summer. You water them immediately when your character wakes up at 6AM. Since it's the season of Pepper, the ground will go dry by 2PM. This is fine, since they should have correctly hit a "dampness check" at noon. BUT, if you were to immediately water them at 2PM, they will go dry at 10PM. You could either water them a third time before bed, or what I did at the beginning when I had no upgraded tools, is just wait to water them the second time, like before going to bed.

In the original, I could've sworn that the game checked for dampness at four times in the day every six hours, that being 12AM, 6AM, 12PM, and 6PM. That's why in the original (and remake) you'll sometimes see your crops just *poof* into their next growth stage during these specific times. Now, unless I'm wrong, they made it only 12AM and 12PM in the remake, so way more lenient imo.

I know I'm writing a thesis here, but one other thing that's important to mention is planting asap into the month. If a crop can grow in more than one season, then I usually plant early too. Like if it's Amber day 9 and my melons have grown, I'll plant turnips and carrots because I know they can survive from Amber-Indigo, but I won't plant potatoes because they will likely die during those 12-hour checks, because the game will register that it's still Amber, not Indigo. I usually buy my seeds for the next season early, and plant as soon as I wake day 1 of the new season.
starfalls
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

One interesting thing that I haven't seen people talk about yet is that your stamina bar actually decreases as you get older. Pretty neat and I'm not sure if it was the same in the old games, but definitely can confirm it is true now.
Redcakeycake
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I think in the og games it does decrease as you get older from what I remember reading ages ago. Never got far enough to confirm but makes sense since your farmer slowly gets older and older.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

That's interesting about watering. In AnWL I would only water my plants 2x a day in summer. I don't think I had issues with dying plants, though in the summer they would turn yellowish before I watered them.
FarmingForDaysMan
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

starfalls wrote: Feb 02, 2023 7:22 am One interesting thing that I haven't seen people talk about yet is that your stamina bar actually decreases as you get older. Pretty neat and I'm not sure if it was the same in the old games, but definitely can confirm it is true now.
That’s wild :0 I’m so excited about this game :lol:
SoSAWL
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I have been playing this one for some time. I've completed the first two chapters so far. This game is very true to its original but it's definitely better than the FoMT remake. This one actually adds QoL updates and new features. I've been enjoying this a lot. The graphics are amazing and the best one so far for the Switch games, especially at the Spring, the ambience there is just top tier. But is it better than PoOT? Not really imo... honestly the game does still run short on content, there are days where I find myself doing not much. I just don't understand why they didn't combine this with DS which had imho had much better gameplay compared to AWL. Highlight for me is the free camera movement.
Redcakeycake
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Was a hassle to get photos but I don't think I've seen this outfit before? Its based off one of the harvest sprites?
Spoiler:
ImageImage
fancypurincup
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Redcakeycake wrote: Feb 02, 2023 3:48 pm Was a hassle to get photos but I don't think I've seen this outfit before? Its based off one of the harvest sprites?
Spoiler:
ImageImage
In AnWL, sometimes when inspecting yourself in the mirror, Pony will say that "sometimes I wish were a harvest sprite". I wonder if that's the reference here? Finally becoming the harvest sprite of her dreams!
Redcakeycake
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

It reminds me of the cute sakura harvest sprite outfit in sosfomt, I wish I knew how this outfit unlocks!!
Redcakeycake
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I found the VOD of where I found the outfit. Looks like the guy woke up, left home and got a cutscene of the sprites gifting it to him. Not sure how it's still triggered though. starts around the end at 10:46:08