Story of Seasons: AWL remake announced!

What happened to Murrey!? A remake of Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life (2004) and Harvest Moon: Another Wonderful Life (2005) for Nintendo Switch. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jan 2023. NA release = June 2023. EU release = June 2023.
Catsitta
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Curses! I must catch EVEN MORE fish. xD IDK even how many exactly I've caught, but I suppose I'll know I've hit 500 once Van sells that rod.
FarmingForDaysMan
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Has anyone bought Dachaan? If so, is there anything different or special about him, or is he just a rip-off?

He scared the heebie jeebies out of me when I played AnWL, so I’m finding it difficult to understand how he’s worth so much 😂
Cherubae
UNoT Dictator
UNoT Dictator

Post  Posted:

Not yet. It's going to take me a while to afford him, probably not until after Chapter 6.
FarmingForDaysMan
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Cherubae wrote: Mar 03, 2023 8:41 am Not yet. It's going to take me a while to afford him, probably not until after Chapter 6.
Oh, okay. My curiosity almost seems…unbearable (I jest 😂).
Anna_Lynn
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

I bought da-chan, but I'm in chapter 5, so I'm not sure if it's too late to trigger the scenes with the bear. Certain events in this game are removed entirely (?) like the Van weight loss events with Tei. Other events are altered slightly, like instead of Pui stealing food from your storage shed, he steals an egg from your chicken coop.

I know there was a scene in the original with Da-chan stealing from the refrigerator, but wasn't it at midnight? I could try and see if that one still exists.
fishifishie
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Has anyone confirmed if the goat can have babies or continues to give milk yet?
Cherubae
UNoT Dictator
UNoT Dictator

Post  Posted:

fishifishie wrote: Mar 04, 2023 12:24 pm Has anyone confirmed if the goat can have babies or continues to give milk yet?
I've both gender of goats, and the female will give mama milk for a few days after giving birth, then return to milk production.

There's a Van Diet event in the game, at least according to the guide. It's on rainy days when Van and Tei are in the inn together.
Anna_Lynn

Post  Posted:

Cherubae wrote: Mar 04, 2023 1:08 pm There's a Van Diet event in the game, at least according to the guide. It's on rainy days when Van and Tei are in the inn together.
Interesting! It must be difficult to trigger then, since I can't seem to get it to rain in my save file more than six hours at a time. Heck, I had a year in my file where I swear it only rained five times in the forty days, and never snowed once in Winter.
Meowie
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I've only just begun Chapter 4, but I've already unlocked almost everything. Only Dacchan and the floorings remain. I'm concentrating on seeing all of the events, but now that they've changed some of the conditions from the original game, it's a little difficult to trigger them. I've had a great time up until now, but I'm afraid the AWL boredom period has begun. I sometimes wonder how I finished the GC version, which had chapters that were several years long. Mixing crops is a lot of fun, but I still dislike how long it takes to increase the number of hybrid seeds. I wish the game encouraged us to mix crops more, but I guess it doesn't want us growing too many rare crops and earning too much money. But I guess I like how most of the game was left untouched, and how many events/dialogues that I think are now problematic in this age are still in the game. I was surprised to see Tei and Lou still making remarks on Van's weight.

I really hope they do something different with the upcoming remakes. Both the FoMT and AWL remakes were okay in my opinion; this one is slightly better because it actually adds some features, but you can still feel the game's age and extreme simplicity. I would've liked them to do something similar to HMDS, with a different interpretation of the same setting. It greatly improved the game's features and modernized it. It has never felt empty to me, but this one clearly holds up the problem of the original game. Maybe I'm the typical modern SoS fan who loves having lots of content in their game. :lol:

But, to be honest, my suggestion may no longer matter. The next titles they'll probably remake are going to be modern HM games, which I don't think have the problem of being too simple and lackluster. I doubt they'll remake old classics like the 64 or SNES (which is why they're on NSO). GBC titles have no chance imo. They might do Hero of the Leaf Valley/Save the Homeland because it was never released on Nintendo and can't be on NSO.

They've teased Animal Parade and Magical Melody being next in line if I'm not wrong, while I remember how fun and engaging Animal Parade was from start to end, but being honest I've sorta forgotten everything about Magical Melody. But I've got a faint memory of it not being lackluster in terms of content, just glitchy.
iLoveSprites75
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

(Everyone pretend I wasn't super late responding to this...)

I'm excited since I've never gotten to play AWL (my first ever HM installment was DS Cute), and I did love the FoMT remake (which was also my first time for that one). I did like the FoMT graphic style, but I can respect that others didn't and there's a change.

That said, I'm not gonna lie, I'm a fan of Natsume's Harvest Moon in recent years. The graphics/glitches are, let's be real - subpar, but I'm also excited for Winds of Anthos. Regardless, two summer releases are too soon for me as far as money and backlog, so I'll be late to playing them, too...
agumon1123
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Does anyone know if I can cross breed cows in the game? Like can I use a star male cow with a female regular cow and get a star cow from it? Or do I have to match the type of cow?
Cherubae
UNoT Dictator
UNoT Dictator

Post  Posted:

You can mix/match cows. You could get a star calf from a normal cow if the bull was also star, or you could get a normal cow.

The cow type/gender is determined at the point of birth, so you could (technically) reload your save game and get a different gender or species. The tricky part is that the time of birth is about 17 days from the time of day that the impregnation occurs. You can get a general idea of what time the impregnation occurs when you order a bull from Takakura, but when it's nature running its course, you've NO idea when it happens. You'll get a general idea when the time is close because the cow will have red cheecks and be placed in the birthing pen. At that point you have about 4 days to go. Then you can save frequently throughout the day the birth is expected and hopefully save the game close enough to the birth event so you don't have to wait long if you reload the save game.
iloverainbow
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Did anyone pre-order it from Amazon? How early do they normally ship out the item?

We are like 10 days away from the official release date! I am so excited!
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I just wanna preorder it on PS5 but it's still listed as 'coming soon'. You can preorder already on the Switch so this must be a Sony problem. Let me give you money, Sony.
StormFire
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

With the release being 3 days away, I figured I’d ask on here if there’s going to be a guide written by Cher for this version as well, or if things have remained unchanged for the most part from the original/PS2 game? I just want to know how to collect all of the records and how to upgrade tools/receive other tools from specific characters beforehand. Thanks guys! :)